Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [NYTimes] Evidence of Water Beneath Moon’s Stony Face
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[NYTimes] Evidence of Water Beneath Moon’s Stony Face - Page 2

post #11 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by pale_neon View Post
I can't wait until we geoform it. Earth Jr. Reserve your spot of land today!
The only problem with that is the moon is too small to hold its own atmosphere at a level that would sustain humans. So unless you have a system for constantly replenishing the atmosphere, then we're SOL with Earth Jr.
Dynamix
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-860 Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P Radeon 7970 Corsair Domintor Twins + Other = 16 Gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Black, 500gb OCZ Solid 3 Sony Optiarc Corsair H50 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate Samsung P2570HD + Other Logitech G110 Corsair 750W HX 
CaseMouse
Antec p183 Logitech MX Revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
Dynamix
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-860 Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P Radeon 7970 Corsair Domintor Twins + Other = 16 Gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Black, 500gb OCZ Solid 3 Sony Optiarc Corsair H50 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate Samsung P2570HD + Other Logitech G110 Corsair 750W HX 
CaseMouse
Antec p183 Logitech MX Revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by L D4WG View Post
There is only 6.92 billion of us, and there is plenty of unpopulated land, the earth is hardly overpopulated, we are just not looking after it the way we should be.
And this is the sort of view point that is part of the problem. Looking at the Earth as though it is "unpopulated land".

Every inch of the earth that we don't live on, has its own population already.

But you are right that we aren't looking after the Earth the way we should be; there should be fewer of us. We should care more about the toxic crap we produce, care more about the overall space and land that we consume and destroy, just for the sake of our comfort.
Stonebox
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E5200 SLAY7 Asus P5QL-EM (G43) GTX260 Sonic 2x2 G-skill PQ's DDR2-1000 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Vista Premium x64 LG Flatron L222WT Silverstone ST50EF-Plus-SC Silverstone TJ-08 
Mouse
Logitech MX-310 
  hide details  
Reply
Stonebox
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E5200 SLAY7 Asus P5QL-EM (G43) GTX260 Sonic 2x2 G-skill PQ's DDR2-1000 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Vista Premium x64 LG Flatron L222WT Silverstone ST50EF-Plus-SC Silverstone TJ-08 
Mouse
Logitech MX-310 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 57
The truth is science has no idea whether or not we are affecting the Earth in ways that we can actually measure.

Give it another 5000 years of history, then you can compare the data. We still don't understand the cyclical histories of our Earth, let alone other planets, let alone the forces that bind our Solar System or the rest of the cosmos.

As for the Moon having water under it's surface, I think it unwise for one to believe water in one form or another is not abundant in the cosmos.

Our understanding and vision of what we are, how we are here and what will become is very short, let alone the cosmos and universe that surround us. Remember that little blue speck? We're insignificant in the grandest scheme of it all, though we'd like to think we aren't.

    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
INTEL ASUS XFX  SAMSUNG 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD/ST LG KUHLER WINDOWS 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG/SAMSUNG IBM MODEL M CORSAIR THERMALTAKE 
MouseMouse PadAudio
MS INTELLIMOUSE EXPLORER 3.0 REGULAR LARGE PAD ONBOARD but it USED TO BE A XONAR DG  
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
INTEL ASUS XFX  SAMSUNG 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD/ST LG KUHLER WINDOWS 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG/SAMSUNG IBM MODEL M CORSAIR THERMALTAKE 
MouseMouse PadAudio
MS INTELLIMOUSE EXPLORER 3.0 REGULAR LARGE PAD ONBOARD but it USED TO BE A XONAR DG  
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 57
Forget Earth Jr... I just want a low-G waterpark.
post #15 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunkybd View Post
We need to start moving off of earth like yesterday.. That or mass murders. This planet is way over populated..

We're a virus and its about time we infected another huge mass and destroy it.
You first!
post #16 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunkybd View Post
We need to start moving off of earth like yesterday.. That or mass murders. This planet is way over populated..

We're a virus and its about time we infected another huge mass and destroy it.
Wow. How cliche. What's your problem dude?
Current System
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 @ 4GHz Gigabyte 990XA-UD3 AMD Radeon R9 380X Kingston 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro EVO Seagate 500GB LG DVD Burner 3x Coolermaster 80mm + 2 Thermaltake 200mm 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 x64 LG TV LG Flatron W2361V Logitech K200 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Enermax Galaxy 850W Thermaltake Element S Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB Steelseries QcK 
AudioAudio
Realtec HDA Lexicon Omega 
  hide details  
Reply
Current System
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 @ 4GHz Gigabyte 990XA-UD3 AMD Radeon R9 380X Kingston 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro EVO Seagate 500GB LG DVD Burner 3x Coolermaster 80mm + 2 Thermaltake 200mm 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 x64 LG TV LG Flatron W2361V Logitech K200 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Enermax Galaxy 850W Thermaltake Element S Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB Steelseries QcK 
AudioAudio
Realtec HDA Lexicon Omega 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscuro View Post
And this is the sort of view point that is part of the problem. Looking at the Earth as though it is "unpopulated land".

Every inch of the earth that we don't live on, has its own population already.

But you are right that we aren't looking after the Earth the way we should be; there should be fewer of us. We should care more about the toxic crap we produce, care more about the overall space and land that we consume and destroy, just for the sake of our comfort.
Yeah man. It's got to a point in the history of the planet were we need to start thinking about over population. The film, Idiocracy, makes a great point, even if it's a bit of a joke. Smart people procreate less than stupid people and these stupid people have LOTS of kids. Which is insane and when you look at it a rationally, an offence to most people who can think.

We need to start thinning the population in fair and constructive manners. For instance, not putting murderers in prison and simply putting them in the ground. Encouraging people/forcing people to wait until at least 21 before having childre. This kind of thing.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500 @ 4,004GHz (1.202v) Asus P8P67-PRO B3 Leadtek GTX260 65nm 896MB 700|1430|1100 4GB DDR3 Muskin 1686MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2xWD CB 250GB, 2x SG 320GB, 1xSS F1 1TB Pioneer DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64bit Samsung 2032BW 20" 1680x1050 16:10 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa CoolerMaster GX 550W Coolermaster Storm Sniper Razer DeathAdder 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500 @ 4,004GHz (1.202v) Asus P8P67-PRO B3 Leadtek GTX260 65nm 896MB 700|1430|1100 4GB DDR3 Muskin 1686MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2xWD CB 250GB, 2x SG 320GB, 1xSS F1 1TB Pioneer DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64bit Samsung 2032BW 20" 1680x1050 16:10 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa CoolerMaster GX 550W Coolermaster Storm Sniper Razer DeathAdder 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
Yeah man. It's got to a point in the history of the planet were we need to start thinking about over population. The film, Idiocracy, makes a great point, even if it's a bit of a joke. Smart people procreate less than stupid people and these stupid people have LOTS of kids. Which is insane and when you look at it a rationally, an offence to most people who can think.

We need to start thinning the population in fair and constructive manners. For instance, not putting murderers in prison and simply putting them in the ground. Encouraging people/forcing people to wait until at least 21 before having childre. This kind of thing.
Have fun with your **** totalitarian country?
> Scotland
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE ASUS M4A89GTD 9600GT OC G.SKILL Ripjaws 4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB WD Cavier Black Lite-On SATA DVD+RW Windows 7 Professional Samsung BX2335 + Samsung 2253BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft FSP FX600-GLN-E Aspire X-Cruiser Razer Diamondback 3G 
Mouse Pad
Wacom Intuios 4 Medium 
  hide details  
Reply
> Scotland
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE ASUS M4A89GTD 9600GT OC G.SKILL Ripjaws 4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB WD Cavier Black Lite-On SATA DVD+RW Windows 7 Professional Samsung BX2335 + Samsung 2253BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft FSP FX600-GLN-E Aspire X-Cruiser Razer Diamondback 3G 
Mouse Pad
Wacom Intuios 4 Medium 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 57
Cmon guys, lets be serious.

Mass Effect clearly states that earth can go on strong at 11 billion. We got lots of time.
Powerhaus
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600k @ 4.4 Asus P8P67 EVO Asus GTX 970 STRIX 8GB Mushkin Frostbyte 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
64GB Crucial M4 SSD 180GB Intel 520 SSD 1TB WD Caviar Black 2TB Seagate Barracuda  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 Ultimate x64 27" Asus MX279H IPS Mionix Zibal 60 620W Corsair HX620 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CoolerMaster HAF 932 Logitech G500 Mionix Propus 380 AKG K7XX 
  hide details  
Reply
Powerhaus
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600k @ 4.4 Asus P8P67 EVO Asus GTX 970 STRIX 8GB Mushkin Frostbyte 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
64GB Crucial M4 SSD 180GB Intel 520 SSD 1TB WD Caviar Black 2TB Seagate Barracuda  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 Ultimate x64 27" Asus MX279H IPS Mionix Zibal 60 620W Corsair HX620 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CoolerMaster HAF 932 Logitech G500 Mionix Propus 380 AKG K7XX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 57
very exciting this

anyone want to live on the moon
Gaming Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMOS
4790k @ 4.8GHZ z97 sabretooth mark s 290 Win 7 64bit 
KeyboardMouse
Saitek Saitek 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMOS
4790k @ 4.8GHZ z97 sabretooth mark s 290 Win 7 64bit 
KeyboardMouse
Saitek Saitek 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Technology and Science News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [NYTimes] Evidence of Water Beneath Moon’s Stony Face