Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Is there no hope left? 27 inch at only 1920x1080?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Is there no hope left? 27 inch at only 1920x1080? - Page 11

post #101 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by De-Zant;13697723 
Uhh. What? I think you don't know how stuff works. It's YOU guys who are making the claim that 16:9 is the only way to go.

We didnt.

I just said that it is a matter of taste.

However that 16:9 is the standard for gaming in 2011 is not a matter of opinion. It's facts. And that you will get smaller FOV, black bars /stretched image with a 16:10 display are also facts.
post #102 of 109
See, that's the funny part. Nowhere did I mention 1920x1080 is the only way to go. I simply claimed that you COULD run into problems using 1920x1200.

You obviously formed your opinion about me which was your first mistake. Don't mix personal impressions with text while trying to stay on-topic.
AiryBox
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770k Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H Sapphire 7950 Vapor-X Corsair Vengeance 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi Desktar 7200RPM 1TB Samsung 830 128GB Corsair H100i W10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ 24" Qpad Mk-50 Cherry MX Red CM V700 NZXT H440 
  hide details  
Reply
AiryBox
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770k Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H Sapphire 7950 Vapor-X Corsair Vengeance 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi Desktar 7200RPM 1TB Samsung 830 128GB Corsair H100i W10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ 24" Qpad Mk-50 Cherry MX Red CM V700 NZXT H440 
  hide details  
Reply
post #103 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydros;13697749 
We didnt.

I just said that it is a matter of taste.

However that 16:9 is the standard for gaming in 2011 is not a matter of opinion. It's facts. And that you will get smaller FOV, black bars /stretched image with a 16:10 display are also facts.

Say one game, ONE GAME, with a stretched image.

It's also fact that the image looks better on 1920x1200 than on 1920x1080 if the panel quality remains the same, and that enemies farther away are easier to see. 16:10 is the best choice for gaming /sarcasm.

See, both have their ups and downs, and nobody can claim that the other is superior just because it has one or two upsides, in 16:9s case those are slightly better support and wider FOV, in 16:10 case it's better image and enemies farther away are easier to see, and it can also fit 1920x1080 inside.

You can't just pick and choose what you like, think objectively.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy;13697721 
No, you just enjoy thinking you're right.

You can't prove or disprove Gods existence, so how do you know that it's wrong? You don't. It's that simple, but it's obviously too hard for you to understand.

Don't try to sound smart when you're not. "Probabilities" are based on pure guessing and/or chance. You can't say anything for certain by using these methods, hence why it's bad information.

Well you can't usually prove something doesn't exist, but that does not mean it's real either. In your view, nobody should have an opinion. But the truth is, if you think and investigate hard enough, you can make it 99% sure that something is fact. We can never be certain of ANYTHING other than that our minds exist, not even ourselves, but our minds. That's the only thing we can know for sure, since otherwise we wouldn't know of our existance. We can't even be sure that our senses are true. But we can be REASONABLY CERTAIN. And that's the point of it. I can claim that none of you guys exist, but that doesn't make it true. I can be reasonably certain that you all exist, and that's it. I can be reasonably certain that water is transparent. I can be reasonably certain I have 10 fingers. Yet, I can prove none of this 100%. But it does not matter. Probablities are all we need. We can be 99.99999% certain that something is fact, yet never absolutely sure. That's all we need however, since it's absolutely ridiculous to think that something which is 99.9999% likely to be untrue, would be true. We don't need to be absolutely certain. We can be reasonably certain.
Toki
(10 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
[i7 860] [XFX 5870] [4x2gb] [WD 500gb] 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
[W7] [HP LP3065 - CrossOver 27Q LED-P - Acer x243w] Ducky DK1087-CELLB Tenkeyless, MX Blue - Steels... [LC power 750W] 
Audio
[ATH-A700] + [Asus Xonar DG] 
  hide details  
Reply
Toki
(10 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
[i7 860] [XFX 5870] [4x2gb] [WD 500gb] 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
[W7] [HP LP3065 - CrossOver 27Q LED-P - Acer x243w] Ducky DK1087-CELLB Tenkeyless, MX Blue - Steels... [LC power 750W] 
Audio
[ATH-A700] + [Asus Xonar DG] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #104 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by De-Zant;13697777 
Say one game, ONE GAME, with a stretched image.

Thats just nonsense. I just listed 10 games and there are others as well.
post #105 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydros;13697806 
Thats just nonsense. I just listed 10 games and there are others as well.

I thought those were games with black bars.

I asked for a game that stretches the image. AFAIK, there are none. Well, aside from the games that stretch from 4:3, but none that stretch from 16:9 to others.
Toki
(10 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
[i7 860] [XFX 5870] [4x2gb] [WD 500gb] 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
[W7] [HP LP3065 - CrossOver 27Q LED-P - Acer x243w] Ducky DK1087-CELLB Tenkeyless, MX Blue - Steels... [LC power 750W] 
Audio
[ATH-A700] + [Asus Xonar DG] 
  hide details  
Reply
Toki
(10 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
[i7 860] [XFX 5870] [4x2gb] [WD 500gb] 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
[W7] [HP LP3065 - CrossOver 27Q LED-P - Acer x243w] Ducky DK1087-CELLB Tenkeyless, MX Blue - Steels... [LC power 750W] 
Audio
[ATH-A700] + [Asus Xonar DG] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #106 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by De-Zant;13697823 
I thought those were games with black bars.

I asked for a game that stretches the image.

If you get black bars or stretched image depends on your monitor. (pixel mapping 1:1 or not)
post #107 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydros;13697847 
If you get black bars or stretched image is dependent on your monitor. (pixel mapping 1:1 or not)

And therefore the result depends on your OWN incompetence on handling the situation, not the game.

Sigh.

You can enable 1:1 mapping in the control panel of your GPU, be it ati or nvidia.

One of your 16:10 cons down.


And now when you say this, those black bars aren't a result of the games. They, according to the post I'm quoting now, are the result of just simply running 1920x1080 instead of 1920x1200, which makes it again, not the games fault, but simply a missing option from the menu. Go to the config file and set it to 1920x1200 and the issue is gone, tada.


Though, I know mirrors edge and bulletstorm create black bars even on 1920x1200, but that is fixable.


Summary: PEBKAC
Toki
(10 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
[i7 860] [XFX 5870] [4x2gb] [WD 500gb] 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
[W7] [HP LP3065 - CrossOver 27Q LED-P - Acer x243w] Ducky DK1087-CELLB Tenkeyless, MX Blue - Steels... [LC power 750W] 
Audio
[ATH-A700] + [Asus Xonar DG] 
  hide details  
Reply
Toki
(10 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
[i7 860] [XFX 5870] [4x2gb] [WD 500gb] 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
[W7] [HP LP3065 - CrossOver 27Q LED-P - Acer x243w] Ducky DK1087-CELLB Tenkeyless, MX Blue - Steels... [LC power 750W] 
Audio
[ATH-A700] + [Asus Xonar DG] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #108 of 109
So there are problems that have to be fixed using alternative methods.

Thank you for proving my point.
AiryBox
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770k Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H Sapphire 7950 Vapor-X Corsair Vengeance 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi Desktar 7200RPM 1TB Samsung 830 128GB Corsair H100i W10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ 24" Qpad Mk-50 Cherry MX Red CM V700 NZXT H440 
  hide details  
Reply
AiryBox
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770k Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H Sapphire 7950 Vapor-X Corsair Vengeance 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi Desktar 7200RPM 1TB Samsung 830 128GB Corsair H100i W10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ 24" Qpad Mk-50 Cherry MX Red CM V700 NZXT H440 
  hide details  
Reply
post #109 of 109
A couple of games among hundreds?
Toki
(10 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
[i7 860] [XFX 5870] [4x2gb] [WD 500gb] 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
[W7] [HP LP3065 - CrossOver 27Q LED-P - Acer x243w] Ducky DK1087-CELLB Tenkeyless, MX Blue - Steels... [LC power 750W] 
Audio
[ATH-A700] + [Asus Xonar DG] 
  hide details  
Reply
Toki
(10 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
[i7 860] [XFX 5870] [4x2gb] [WD 500gb] 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
[W7] [HP LP3065 - CrossOver 27Q LED-P - Acer x243w] Ducky DK1087-CELLB Tenkeyless, MX Blue - Steels... [LC power 750W] 
Audio
[ATH-A700] + [Asus Xonar DG] 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Is there no hope left? 27 inch at only 1920x1080?