Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [RP] Samsung Galaxy S III Coming In Q1 2012, Galaxy Tab 4G This Fall
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[RP] Samsung Galaxy S III Coming In Q1 2012, Galaxy Tab 4G This Fall - Page 3

post #21 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedEarth View Post
Why not?

These handsets come on 2 year contracts. Then to be 're-released' 6 months down the line, it's a bit stupid in my opinion.
Not everyone is eligible for a specific phone when its released.

Quote:
I'm not saying to slow down tech, but we all know that the quicker technology like this is released, the quicker they stop supporting the products that precede it. Which means that people will stop receiving support long before their contracts are even over.
Proof? And what do you consider support, you mean OS support? Because all my apps are updated on a regular basis by either Google, or who makes my apps. If you are talking about not running the latest OS, than that is silly. Some older phones were not designed for the latest versions of Android OS to start with, and by forcing users to jump on to a new OS may actually cause problems, contrary to what people believer, newer is not always better in the Linux world.

Quote:
I don't want to slow down technological advancements, but I sure as hell don't want to sacrifice the support of previous products in order to do it.
Again proof?

Quote:
If we were talking about Windows releases every 6-7 months, I can guarantee you would all be on my side here.
Microsoft still supports Windows XP and Vista, all the branches, and all the server versions. I think you are just whining and grasping at straws.

Nothing wrong with a new phones that are NEW and not refreshed junk.

Post powered by DROID X2
Snowdevil
(16 items)
 
ASUS G750JM
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
[i7 4790K @ 4.4 GHz (1.186v)] [Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark S] [nVidia Geforce GTX 1080] [nVidia Geforce GTX 1080] 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
[G.Skill 32GB DDR3 2133 MHz] [Crucial MX100 256GB] [Phanteks PH-TC12DX] [Win 10.1 Pro] 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
[LG 29UM65 (2560x1080)] [QNIX Evo II LED (2560x1440)] [WASD v2 Tenkeyless] [NZXT Hale90 v2 ] 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
[ThermalTake GT10 Snow Edition] [Razer Mamba - Chroma] [Razer Kabuto] [Razer Man O' War] 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770HQ Intel HM87 Express Chipset Geforce GTX 860M 8GB DDR3L 1600 MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD EVO DVD-RW Stock Windows 8.1 
Monitor
1920x1080 TN 
  hide details  
Reply
Snowdevil
(16 items)
 
ASUS G750JM
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
[i7 4790K @ 4.4 GHz (1.186v)] [Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark S] [nVidia Geforce GTX 1080] [nVidia Geforce GTX 1080] 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
[G.Skill 32GB DDR3 2133 MHz] [Crucial MX100 256GB] [Phanteks PH-TC12DX] [Win 10.1 Pro] 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
[LG 29UM65 (2560x1080)] [QNIX Evo II LED (2560x1440)] [WASD v2 Tenkeyless] [NZXT Hale90 v2 ] 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
[ThermalTake GT10 Snow Edition] [Razer Mamba - Chroma] [Razer Kabuto] [Razer Man O' War] 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770HQ Intel HM87 Express Chipset Geforce GTX 860M 8GB DDR3L 1600 MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD EVO DVD-RW Stock Windows 8.1 
Monitor
1920x1080 TN 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 31
Thread Starter 
I'm not spoon feeding you.

Go search for yourself. Quite frankly anyone who is requesting proof that OS updates have been withheld from phones is not worth arguing with. The news has been on the scene for long enough now.

Obviously I've offended you droid guys.

Hey, when the shoe fits right? It was mighty fine and dandy for OCN to call out Apple for releasing phones yearly and dropping support but how dare someone call Android out for the same principle. My bad! I know it's a bitter pill to swallow, but someone has to say it.
Smallville
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i5 3570k Asus Sabertooth Z77 Asus HD7950 DirectCU II Asus HD7950 DirectCU II 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 128GB Corsair Force Pro, 2 x 2TB HDD, 500GB Ext... LG Blu-Ray, DVD/CD RW drive Corsair H60 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Genuine 27" Crossover 27Q S-IPS 1440p Cyborg V7 Corsair HX1000 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Phantom White Microsoft Sidewinder X8 Wireless Steelseries QcK Sennheiser eH250 
  hide details  
Reply
Smallville
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i5 3570k Asus Sabertooth Z77 Asus HD7950 DirectCU II Asus HD7950 DirectCU II 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 128GB Corsair Force Pro, 2 x 2TB HDD, 500GB Ext... LG Blu-Ray, DVD/CD RW drive Corsair H60 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Genuine 27" Crossover 27Q S-IPS 1440p Cyborg V7 Corsair HX1000 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Phantom White Microsoft Sidewinder X8 Wireless Steelseries QcK Sennheiser eH250 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedEarth View Post
I'm not spoon feeding you.

Go search for yourself. Quite frankly anyone who is requesting proof that OS updates have been withheld from phones is not worth arguing with. The news has been on the scene for long enough now.

Obviously I've offended you droid guys.

Hey, when the shoe fits right? It was mighty fine and dandy for OCN to call out Apple for releasing phones yearly and dropping support but how dare someone call Android out for the same principle. My bad! I know it's a bitter pill to swallow, but someone has to say it.
Show me proof that they are dropping Samsung Galaxy S and Galaxy II support and define your definition of support.

Stop lumping all Android users together, and start spitting out facts.

Tell me which phones of Apple are you comparing to?

iPhone 3G to 3GS?

iPhone 2G to 3G?

Because the Droid to Droid 2 or DroidX was night and day. Also the Droid 2 to Droid X2 is night and day difference.

Samsung Galaxy S went from 1 GHz Hummingbird Application Processor with 512MB RAM to a Tegra 2, dual-core 1 GHz CPU with 1GB of RAM in the Galaxy II. Now we will be going to Galaxy III, which as of yet, unveiled specs. I just had a similar upgrade, the Galaxy II I think is even better speced than my Droid X2. The difference of an OMAP 1GHz w/ 256MB of RAM to a Tegra II with 512MB (ram not so much a big deal) is phenomenally faster.

Since the 3G had the same CPU as the 3GS (just underclocked / crippled) and it did offer 256MB of RAM increase over the 3G, it still would not have been hard to keep IOS up to date on such a physically similar device.

I am fairly confident that the 2G to 3G upgrade was pretty noticeable to end users, but since I had a 3G to 3GS, I can tell you the difference was not as obvious nor as profound (I purchased 14 days before 3GS released and paid the difference to upgrade + re-stocking fee.)

You may have argued with idiots in the past, but just because we are pointing out your as of now unprovable statements, doesn't mean WE were the ones calling out Apple for doing anything.

Nobody forces you to upgrade in the end anyways, so they aren't milking money unless you have no purchasing self-control. Don't even dare say they are dropping support one more time till you can prove it, AND prove to me, that there is no way to maintain the latest software on your own.

Unlike a proprietary system such as iOS from Apple which makes you entirely dependent to the whims of Apple Inc for software updates and revisions, we are often encouraged to explore our phones to the fullest extend of their capabilities without threat of litigation or voiding of warranties (unless otherwise explicitly stated by certain phones and their associated models.
Edited by RagingCain - 5/30/11 at 1:37pm
Snowdevil
(16 items)
 
ASUS G750JM
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
[i7 4790K @ 4.4 GHz (1.186v)] [Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark S] [nVidia Geforce GTX 1080] [nVidia Geforce GTX 1080] 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
[G.Skill 32GB DDR3 2133 MHz] [Crucial MX100 256GB] [Phanteks PH-TC12DX] [Win 10.1 Pro] 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
[LG 29UM65 (2560x1080)] [QNIX Evo II LED (2560x1440)] [WASD v2 Tenkeyless] [NZXT Hale90 v2 ] 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
[ThermalTake GT10 Snow Edition] [Razer Mamba - Chroma] [Razer Kabuto] [Razer Man O' War] 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770HQ Intel HM87 Express Chipset Geforce GTX 860M 8GB DDR3L 1600 MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD EVO DVD-RW Stock Windows 8.1 
Monitor
1920x1080 TN 
  hide details  
Reply
Snowdevil
(16 items)
 
ASUS G750JM
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
[i7 4790K @ 4.4 GHz (1.186v)] [Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark S] [nVidia Geforce GTX 1080] [nVidia Geforce GTX 1080] 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
[G.Skill 32GB DDR3 2133 MHz] [Crucial MX100 256GB] [Phanteks PH-TC12DX] [Win 10.1 Pro] 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
[LG 29UM65 (2560x1080)] [QNIX Evo II LED (2560x1440)] [WASD v2 Tenkeyless] [NZXT Hale90 v2 ] 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
[ThermalTake GT10 Snow Edition] [Razer Mamba - Chroma] [Razer Kabuto] [Razer Man O' War] 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770HQ Intel HM87 Express Chipset Geforce GTX 860M 8GB DDR3L 1600 MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD EVO DVD-RW Stock Windows 8.1 
Monitor
1920x1080 TN 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 31
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingCain View Post
Show me proof that they are dropping Samsung Galaxy S and Galaxy II support and define your definition of support.

Stop lumping all Android users together, and start spitting out facts.

Tell me which phones of Apple are you comparing to?

iPhone 3G to 3GS?

iPhone 2G to 3G?

Because the Droid to Droid 2 or DroidX was night and day.
Also the Droid 2 to Droid X2 is night and day difference.

Samsung Galaxy S is going from 1 GHz Hummingbird Application Processor with 512MB RAM
to a Tegra 2, dual-core 1 GHz CPU with 1GB of RAM, to Galaxy III, which as of yet, unveiled specs. Now compare that to a 3G to 3GS release.
Source

Whilst that article states that it is a rumour, if you have been on the Droid scene long enough you will know that this is in fact truth. Again, this was a simple search that took no longer than 10 seconds. You should not need spoon feeding.

I am not comparing them to a single Apple product. I stated that the Droid community criticised Apple for its 'money grabbing' techniques of releasing a new phone every calendar year. I'm merely saying that now it is happening on Android phones (within 10months of the SII's life cycle may I add), all of a sudden it is perfectly acceptable.....

Again by software support and holding back updates, I thought you may have come to a reasonable conclusion of my 'software' definition. Apparently not. My definition is releasing the new variant of OS to existing phones on the market. Again, something that Android doesn't exactly have a stellar reputation for.

In no way am I attacking Android or technological advancements. Like I said, I have literally just invested in a Galaxy SII.

I'm just saying that with the obligatory lengthy contracts that we sign these days, we should receive full support for the duration of that contract.

For example, someone on the first page mentioned some psycho babble about buying a new car...when every new car comes with a minimum 3 year warranty and components have to be manufactured and in stock for at least 8 years after the release of the car.

All I'm trying to say is don't be too surprised if Samsung start dropping support sooner than 'the norm' when they start bringing out a newer model every 8-10 months.

EDIT:

You can also spare me the notion that Android is open source too. I am far too intelligent to believe such idiocy.
Edited by IcedEarth - 5/30/11 at 1:24pm
Smallville
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i5 3570k Asus Sabertooth Z77 Asus HD7950 DirectCU II Asus HD7950 DirectCU II 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 128GB Corsair Force Pro, 2 x 2TB HDD, 500GB Ext... LG Blu-Ray, DVD/CD RW drive Corsair H60 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Genuine 27" Crossover 27Q S-IPS 1440p Cyborg V7 Corsair HX1000 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Phantom White Microsoft Sidewinder X8 Wireless Steelseries QcK Sennheiser eH250 
  hide details  
Reply
Smallville
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i5 3570k Asus Sabertooth Z77 Asus HD7950 DirectCU II Asus HD7950 DirectCU II 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 128GB Corsair Force Pro, 2 x 2TB HDD, 500GB Ext... LG Blu-Ray, DVD/CD RW drive Corsair H60 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Genuine 27" Crossover 27Q S-IPS 1440p Cyborg V7 Corsair HX1000 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Phantom White Microsoft Sidewinder X8 Wireless Steelseries QcK Sennheiser eH250 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 31
Nazgûl
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1090T 4.2GHz @ 1.34v Asus Crosshair IV Formula EVGA 470 OC + Galaxy GTS 450 physX 4 x 2GB Patriot 'Sector 5' DDR3 9-9-9-24 1.65v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x 2TB, 1 x 1TB, 1 x 750GB Lite-On DVD-R/RW Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Acer X223WDbd 22" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Ultra 850W PSU Lian Li PC-A71F Full Tower Razer Lachesis 
  hide details  
Reply
Nazgûl
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1090T 4.2GHz @ 1.34v Asus Crosshair IV Formula EVGA 470 OC + Galaxy GTS 450 physX 4 x 2GB Patriot 'Sector 5' DDR3 9-9-9-24 1.65v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x 2TB, 1 x 1TB, 1 x 750GB Lite-On DVD-R/RW Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Acer X223WDbd 22" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Ultra 850W PSU Lian Li PC-A71F Full Tower Razer Lachesis 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedEarth View Post
Source

Whilst that article states that it is a rumour, if you have been on the Droid scene long enough you will know that this is in fact truth. Again, this was a simple search that took no longer than 10 seconds. You should not need spoon feeding.
And because I don't believe rumors, I have not been on the Droid scene? I have had a Droid since a month after their launch. I want to understand what you are saying, your argument is based off of a rumor?

Quote:
I am not comparing them to a single Apple product. I stated that the Droid community criticised Apple for its 'money grabbing' techniques of releasing a new phone every calendar year. I'm merely saying that now it is happening on Android phones (within 10months of the SII's life cycle may I add), all of a sudden it is perfectly acceptable.....
Your information is based of one model from one manufacturer of Android OS, and your information is a rumor.

Quote:
Again by software support and holding back updates, I thought you may have come to a reasonable conclusion of my 'software' definition. Apparently not. My definition is releasing the new variant of OS to existing phones on the market. Again, something that Android doesn't exactly have a stellar reputation for.
I am sorry it sounds like YOU are newer to the scene to both Android and Linux. I have already stated this once, NEWER version of Linux does not equal better, there is a reason why we have fragmentation occurring, some phones are physically buggier than others and don't really run the newer versions of operating system. Simple point is, NOTHING, stops functioning because you don't update. You make calls, you listen to music, you read EMAILS. All of the non-integrated apps are continuously updated without needs of a firmware / OS update so I don't know what you are talking about lack of support.

Quote:
In no way am I attacking Android or technological advancements. Like I said, I have literally just invested in a Galaxy SII.
Well you are assuming I am new to the Android market, i.e. ignorant, you are assuming, I am the same person, or member of a group of people, you obviously got into an argument back in the day when you were in support of whatever version of iPhone release. I personally think the DroidX2 and Droid 3 with no LTE support is strange and seemingly lame if they are releasing said models with 4G support at the end of the year. So I too think re-hashes are a way to milk money, but at the same time, I also hear there are numerous hardware issues with the 4G supporting chip, and the CPU of choice right now, Tegra 2. I unfortunately needed a new phone, now, so I went with the Droid X2.

Quote:
I'm just saying that with the obligatory lengthy contracts that we sign these days, we should receive full support for the duration of that contract.
Again you don't need a new version of OS to use your phone. It works right out of the box, every single time, OR, you return the phone. That simple. For iPhone, YOU had no choice but to update the phone 9/10 for it either fixed a bug, OR, it locked you out of things like DRM content syncing with iTunes until you did the update.

Quote:
For example, someone on the first page mentioned some psycho babble about buying a new car...when every new car comes with a minimum 3 year warranty and components have to be manufactured and in stock for at least 8 years after the release of the car.

All I'm trying to say is don't be too surprised if Samsung start dropping support sooner than 'the norm' when they start bringing out a newer model every 8-10 months.
I would be surprised that their phone's OS stops working for no reason because you don't upgrade to OS 2.2, or 2.3. Speaking of which the Fascinate just got 2.2 a few weeks ago. Droid X only just got the latest version of Android and we have had it available unofficially almost since launch.

Quote:
EDIT:

You can also spare me the notion that Android is open source too. I am far too intelligent to believe such idiocy.
I am done wasting my time. You obviously have some personal bias/agenda against all things Android. If it wasn't for nobody else pointing out your bad information, I wouldn't have posted.
Edited by RagingCain - 5/30/11 at 1:57pm
Snowdevil
(16 items)
 
ASUS G750JM
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
[i7 4790K @ 4.4 GHz (1.186v)] [Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark S] [nVidia Geforce GTX 1080] [nVidia Geforce GTX 1080] 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
[G.Skill 32GB DDR3 2133 MHz] [Crucial MX100 256GB] [Phanteks PH-TC12DX] [Win 10.1 Pro] 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
[LG 29UM65 (2560x1080)] [QNIX Evo II LED (2560x1440)] [WASD v2 Tenkeyless] [NZXT Hale90 v2 ] 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
[ThermalTake GT10 Snow Edition] [Razer Mamba - Chroma] [Razer Kabuto] [Razer Man O' War] 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770HQ Intel HM87 Express Chipset Geforce GTX 860M 8GB DDR3L 1600 MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD EVO DVD-RW Stock Windows 8.1 
Monitor
1920x1080 TN 
  hide details  
Reply
Snowdevil
(16 items)
 
ASUS G750JM
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
[i7 4790K @ 4.4 GHz (1.186v)] [Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark S] [nVidia Geforce GTX 1080] [nVidia Geforce GTX 1080] 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
[G.Skill 32GB DDR3 2133 MHz] [Crucial MX100 256GB] [Phanteks PH-TC12DX] [Win 10.1 Pro] 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
[LG 29UM65 (2560x1080)] [QNIX Evo II LED (2560x1440)] [WASD v2 Tenkeyless] [NZXT Hale90 v2 ] 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
[ThermalTake GT10 Snow Edition] [Razer Mamba - Chroma] [Razer Kabuto] [Razer Man O' War] 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770HQ Intel HM87 Express Chipset Geforce GTX 860M 8GB DDR3L 1600 MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD EVO DVD-RW Stock Windows 8.1 
Monitor
1920x1080 TN 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingCain View Post
Samsung Galaxy S went from 1 GHz Hummingbird Application Processor with 512MB RAM to a Tegra 2, dual-core 1 GHz CPU with 1GB of RAM in the Galaxy II. Now we will be going to Galaxy III, which as of yet, unveiled specs. I just had a similar upgrade, the Galaxy II I think is even better speced than my Droid X2. The difference of an OMAP 1GHz w/ 256MB of RAM to a Tegra II with 512MB (ram not so much a big deal) is phenomenally faster.
Actually the Galaxy II has a Exynos 4210, which is a dual-core 1.2ghz cpu. The Tegra 2 version hasn't been sighted yet even though there were reports about it in the past.
Black Reaper
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @ 3.2ghz Asus P5Q-E Evga GTX 480 Corsair DDR2-800 (2x2gb) 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Western Digital 640gb/1TB Windows Vista SP 2 Samsung P2370HD Corsair 750tx 
CaseMouse
Antec 900 Logitech Mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Reaper
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @ 3.2ghz Asus P5Q-E Evga GTX 480 Corsair DDR2-800 (2x2gb) 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Western Digital 640gb/1TB Windows Vista SP 2 Samsung P2370HD Corsair 750tx 
CaseMouse
Antec 900 Logitech Mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiCkn3ss View Post
Actually the Galaxy II has a Exynos 4210, which is a dual-core 1.2ghz cpu. The Tegra 2 version hasn't been sighted yet even though there were reports about it in the past.
Thank you for the correction, I was unaware of that. I see that was the code named Orion CPU I thought it was going to have. I am assuming the performance level increase is quite noticeable still and thus my previous comparison is still valid?
Snowdevil
(16 items)
 
ASUS G750JM
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
[i7 4790K @ 4.4 GHz (1.186v)] [Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark S] [nVidia Geforce GTX 1080] [nVidia Geforce GTX 1080] 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
[G.Skill 32GB DDR3 2133 MHz] [Crucial MX100 256GB] [Phanteks PH-TC12DX] [Win 10.1 Pro] 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
[LG 29UM65 (2560x1080)] [QNIX Evo II LED (2560x1440)] [WASD v2 Tenkeyless] [NZXT Hale90 v2 ] 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
[ThermalTake GT10 Snow Edition] [Razer Mamba - Chroma] [Razer Kabuto] [Razer Man O' War] 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770HQ Intel HM87 Express Chipset Geforce GTX 860M 8GB DDR3L 1600 MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD EVO DVD-RW Stock Windows 8.1 
Monitor
1920x1080 TN 
  hide details  
Reply
Snowdevil
(16 items)
 
ASUS G750JM
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
[i7 4790K @ 4.4 GHz (1.186v)] [Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark S] [nVidia Geforce GTX 1080] [nVidia Geforce GTX 1080] 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
[G.Skill 32GB DDR3 2133 MHz] [Crucial MX100 256GB] [Phanteks PH-TC12DX] [Win 10.1 Pro] 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
[LG 29UM65 (2560x1080)] [QNIX Evo II LED (2560x1440)] [WASD v2 Tenkeyless] [NZXT Hale90 v2 ] 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
[ThermalTake GT10 Snow Edition] [Razer Mamba - Chroma] [Razer Kabuto] [Razer Man O' War] 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770HQ Intel HM87 Express Chipset Geforce GTX 860M 8GB DDR3L 1600 MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD EVO DVD-RW Stock Windows 8.1 
Monitor
1920x1080 TN 
  hide details  
Reply
post #29 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingCain View Post
And because I don't believe rumors, I have not been on the Droid scene? I have had a Droid since a month after their launch. I want to understand what you are saying, your argument is based off of a rumor?



Your information is based of one model from one manufacturer of Android OS, and your information is a rumor.



I am sorry it sounds like YOU are newer to the scene to both Android and Linux. I have already stated this once, NEWER version of Linux does not equal better, there is a reason why we have fragmentation occurring, some phones are physically buggier than others and don't really run the newer versions of operating system. Simple point is, NOTHING, stops functioning because you don't update. You make calls, you listen to music, you read EMAILS. All of the non-integrated apps are continuously updated without needs of a firmware / OS update so I don't know what you are talking about lack of support.



Well you are assuming I am new to the Android market, i.e. ignorant, you are assuming, I am the same person, or member of a group of people, you obviously got into an argument back in the day when you were in support of whatever version of iPhone release. I personally think the DroidX2 and Droid 3 with no LTE support is strange and seemingly lame if they are releasing said models with 4G support at the end of the year. So I too think re-hashes are a way to milk money, but at the same time, I also hear there are numerous hardware issues with the 4G supporting chip, and the CPU of choice right now, Tegra 2. I unfortunately needed a new phone, now, so I went with the Droid X2.



Again you don't need a new version of OS to use your phone. It works right out of the box, every single time, OR, you return the phone. That simple. For iPhone, YOU had no choice but to update the phone 9/10 for it either fixed a bug, OR, it locked you out of things like DRM content syncing with iTunes until you did the update.



I would be surprised that their phone's OS stops working for no reason because you don't upgrade to OS 2.2, or 2.3. Speaking of which the Fascinate just got 2.2 a few weeks ago. Droid X only just got the latest version of Android and we have had it available unofficially almost since launch.



I am done wasting my time. You obviously have some personal bias/agenda against all things Android. If it wasn't for nobody else pointing out your bad information, I wouldn't have posted.
The thing is that with phones today self satisfaction is #1 priority. If you get a iPhone you know there is nothing better running iOS for another year and with 2 year contract the second year you will just have second best. With Android you will have at least 5-10 phones better then yours buy the time your contract is over. Also other then Nexus line Android updates are rare and you are lucky to get 2 upgrades for the phone that is less then 1 year old. It took iPhone 2G 3 years to stop updates. Also there is that other thing that iPhone 4 is in every way better then 3GS, 3G, 2G and that does not apply for Android phones. I moved from Galaxy S to Atrix and other then Dual Core Tegra 2 there was not much upgrade and downgrade to some part. Also as far as things you can do with both OSes iPhone has a set standard to how deep you can hack it. Android phones some are locked, some you have to wait a lot for custom roms, most of them suck and are buggy, its mostly supported by the community for updates, too many phones meaning less people to own a specific model.
Ishimura
(21 items)
 
Silent Knight
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.6GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX eVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid AVEXIR Blitz 1.1 16GB DDR3-2400MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
SanDisk Ultra II 960GB Toshiba X300 5TB Corsair H100i GTX eVGA Hybrid Water Cooler  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
4x GentleTyphoon AP-15 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC 4K Razer BlackWidow Chroma  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
eVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 Define Nano S Logitech G502 Proteus Core PECHAM Gaming Mouse Pad XX-Large 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audioengine D1 DAC Mackie CR Series CR3 Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Sennheiser HD 598 
Audio
Sony XB950BT 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 4.2GHz ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB @ 1200/1500 2x 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 60GB WD Caviar Green 1.5TB 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
EK-FC7970 XSPC RS360 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Corsair TX750 
Case
NZXT Switch 810  
  hide details  
Reply
Ishimura
(21 items)
 
Silent Knight
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.6GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX eVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid AVEXIR Blitz 1.1 16GB DDR3-2400MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
SanDisk Ultra II 960GB Toshiba X300 5TB Corsair H100i GTX eVGA Hybrid Water Cooler  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
4x GentleTyphoon AP-15 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC 4K Razer BlackWidow Chroma  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
eVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 Define Nano S Logitech G502 Proteus Core PECHAM Gaming Mouse Pad XX-Large 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audioengine D1 DAC Mackie CR Series CR3 Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Sennheiser HD 598 
Audio
Sony XB950BT 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 4.2GHz ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB @ 1200/1500 2x 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 60GB WD Caviar Green 1.5TB 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
EK-FC7970 XSPC RS360 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Corsair TX750 
Case
NZXT Switch 810  
  hide details  
Reply
post #30 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingCain View Post
Thank you for the correction, I was unaware of that. I see that was the code named Orion CPU I thought it was going to have. I am assuming the performance level increase is quite noticeable still and thus my previous comparison is still valid?
The Tegra 2 version is said to be region based, according to rumors. Nothing is wrong with your comparison, it's still valid.
Edited by SiCkn3ss - 5/30/11 at 2:26pm
Black Reaper
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @ 3.2ghz Asus P5Q-E Evga GTX 480 Corsair DDR2-800 (2x2gb) 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Western Digital 640gb/1TB Windows Vista SP 2 Samsung P2370HD Corsair 750tx 
CaseMouse
Antec 900 Logitech Mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Reaper
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @ 3.2ghz Asus P5Q-E Evga GTX 480 Corsair DDR2-800 (2x2gb) 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Western Digital 640gb/1TB Windows Vista SP 2 Samsung P2370HD Corsair 750tx 
CaseMouse
Antec 900 Logitech Mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [RP] Samsung Galaxy S III Coming In Q1 2012, Galaxy Tab 4G This Fall