Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Toms] The 990FX Chipset Arrives: AMD And SLI Rise Again
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Toms] The 990FX Chipset Arrives: AMD And SLI Rise Again - Page 3

post #21 of 59
Instead of being a hardware fan boy, you're a review site fan boy. PROVE it's delayed, simple as that... don't go off what some kid down the street, across the road, over the river, and threw the woods is saying.
Old man river
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
955 @ 4.2GHz 880GA-UD3H GTX 460(24/7 folder) Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Caviar Blue 320GB Win 7 SR2320L XFX XXX 650 
CaseMouse
Tecnofront HWD Logitech MX-518 
  hide details  
Reply
Old man river
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
955 @ 4.2GHz 880GA-UD3H GTX 460(24/7 folder) Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Caviar Blue 320GB Win 7 SR2320L XFX XXX 650 
CaseMouse
Tecnofront HWD Logitech MX-518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 59
At this rate, BD will be outdated before its released.

I cant take all the BD dates and rumors. I am turning off my computer and going into a 2 week coma. When I wake, hopefully BD will be alive and kicking butt.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom x6 1090T Crosshair IV Formula 5850 Toxic 4GB DDR3 Muskin Ridgebacks 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2x Torqx 64GB SSD RAID0/Seagate 1TB Windows 7 x64 3x LG w2353V 23" 1920 x 1080 Razer Lycosa 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair TX750W Haf 932 G5 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom x6 1090T Crosshair IV Formula 5850 Toxic 4GB DDR3 Muskin Ridgebacks 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2x Torqx 64GB SSD RAID0/Seagate 1TB Windows 7 x64 3x LG w2353V 23" 1920 x 1080 Razer Lycosa 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair TX750W Haf 932 G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 59
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45nm View Post
Yes exactly. Your credibility at debuking and refuting my previous statements. I'm sorry but Tom's and Anand do not have access to Bulldozer. Perhaps you haven't bothered to look at the Bulldozer Blog Entitled: Stopping the Clocks:



Therefore Anand/Toms do not have data before the launch occurs. They only have rumors and apparent 'info'. Bulldozer was delayed previously but that no longer is the case here. Bulldozer was due in 2009 and then in 2010. The reasoning for the delays was due to the transition away from a 45nm Architecture to a 32nm Architecture. In 2010 the Engineering samples already had been issued and were floating around. Then we also had a delay in Calendar Quarter Q1 due to Chipset Issues with the 9XX.

Either on June7th/11th we will have the Bulldozer Launch/Release and the lifting of the NDA. Within weeks time after the Launch/Release the Bulldozer Processors Global Shipments will reach Retail Availability in the weeks of June20th/June24th.
Of course they don't have access to Bulldozer - THAT'S the problem. Neither do the motherboard manufacturers, again - THAT'S the problem. Sites like Anand don't post this information AS FACT if they don't have EVIDENCE and proper SOURCES to back it up.

If your will to believe in the AMD savior is strong enough, you WILL have Bulldozer in hand before Computex is over, right?

I'm not sure you understand what "credibility" is and how it pertains to the discussion at hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JE Nightmare View Post
Instead of being a hardware fan boy, you're a review site fan boy. PROVE it's delayed, simple as that... don't go off what some kid down the street, across the road, over the river, and threw the woods is saying.
Rofl. Yeah, that's it. I'm a "review site fanboy" because I am willing to take their word for it based on their professional reputation. You can't get any more 'fanboy' than denying a delay when every party in the industry is saying it's been delayed. Except AMD of course, because like I said, delays are bad for business.

You'll have your proof when Computex ends, E3 ends, and there's still no Bulldozer on the shelves. It's clear you wouldn't believe it unless AMDs CEO hand-delivered you an envelope containing the proper launch information.

It sure is funny to see the faithful lash out with all the defensive behavior when the delay is confirmed by real, reliable sources. When it was Sweclockers saying a delay, fine. It was a rumor posted by one site. When Anand and Tom's both confirm the delay in the same day, you can pretty much bet on it being truth. We're not getting this information from some random forum-dweller.
Why upgrade?
(14 items)
 
Why overclock?!
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 760 ASUS 55i Sabertooth EVGA 960 4GB 8gb 1600mhz Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
120gb Intel 320 (OS) 500gb Samsung 850 Evo Win 7 64 Viewsonic VX2250-Wm 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic G 550w Gold Lancool PC-K9B Logitech G5 X-Fi Titanium/AT-H700 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4690k Asus Z97 Sabertooth mk2 EVGA 970 8gb Kingston 1833mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
128GB Samsung 830 500GB Samsung 840 Evo allota fans but quiet! Win 7 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2311H Rev. A01 Mechanical w/ Cherry Blues NZXT Hale 650w NZXT Phantom - white 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Anker CG100 Steelseries 9HD Sennheiser HD555 
  hide details  
Reply
Why upgrade?
(14 items)
 
Why overclock?!
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 760 ASUS 55i Sabertooth EVGA 960 4GB 8gb 1600mhz Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
120gb Intel 320 (OS) 500gb Samsung 850 Evo Win 7 64 Viewsonic VX2250-Wm 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic G 550w Gold Lancool PC-K9B Logitech G5 X-Fi Titanium/AT-H700 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4690k Asus Z97 Sabertooth mk2 EVGA 970 8gb Kingston 1833mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
128GB Samsung 830 500GB Samsung 840 Evo allota fans but quiet! Win 7 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2311H Rev. A01 Mechanical w/ Cherry Blues NZXT Hale 650w NZXT Phantom - white 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Anker CG100 Steelseries 9HD Sennheiser HD555 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by pursuinginsanity View Post
Rofl. Yeah, that's it. I'm a "review site fanboy" because I am willing to take their word for it based on their professional reputation. You can't get any more 'fanboy' than denying a delay when every party in the industry is saying it's been delayed. Except AMD of course, because like I said, delays are bad for business.

You'll have your proof when Computex ends, E3 ends, and there's still no Bulldozer on the shelves. It's clear you wouldn't believe it unless AMDs CEO hand-delivered you an envelope containing the proper launch information.

It sure is funny to see the faithful lash out with all the defensive behavior when the delay is confirmed by real, reliable sources. When it was Sweclockers saying a delay, fine. It was a rumor posted by one site. When Anand and Tom's both confirm the delay in the same day, you can pretty much bet on it being truth. We're not getting this information from some random forum-dweller.
Yes, i'll take it from the ONE truly credible source about what's going on with AMD products... AMD THEMSELVES. Jump off your fan boy horse and accept that fact that what you claim ISN'T PROVEN.
Old man river
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
955 @ 4.2GHz 880GA-UD3H GTX 460(24/7 folder) Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Caviar Blue 320GB Win 7 SR2320L XFX XXX 650 
CaseMouse
Tecnofront HWD Logitech MX-518 
  hide details  
Reply
Old man river
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
955 @ 4.2GHz 880GA-UD3H GTX 460(24/7 folder) Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Caviar Blue 320GB Win 7 SR2320L XFX XXX 650 
CaseMouse
Tecnofront HWD Logitech MX-518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by je nightmare View Post
yes, i'll take it from the one truly credible source about what's going on with amd products... Amd themselves. Jump off your fan boy horse and accept that fact that what you claim isn't proven.
qft.
Moar cores!
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8320 @ 4.0Ghz/4.2Ghz turbo gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 rev. 4.0 Gigabyte Nvida GTX 770OC 2GB/ Gigabyte 970 G1 G... Gskill Sniper 1866Mhz 8GB (4GB x 2) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Neutron GTX 120GB WD Black 1TB Asus 24X CM Hyper 212Evo 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home X64 HP 22BW 21.5" LED-IPS CM Storm Trigger/MX Brown Corsair TX 650V2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM HAF922 Logitech G500S Steelseries QCK Mini Asus Xonar DX 7.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Moar cores!
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8320 @ 4.0Ghz/4.2Ghz turbo gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 rev. 4.0 Gigabyte Nvida GTX 770OC 2GB/ Gigabyte 970 G1 G... Gskill Sniper 1866Mhz 8GB (4GB x 2) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Neutron GTX 120GB WD Black 1TB Asus 24X CM Hyper 212Evo 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home X64 HP 22BW 21.5" LED-IPS CM Storm Trigger/MX Brown Corsair TX 650V2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM HAF922 Logitech G500S Steelseries QCK Mini Asus Xonar DX 7.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 59
Wow, people are getting really defensive in this thread. I guess you can't say it's 100% confirmed, but when two generally accurate tech sites report something, you have to start wondering if maybe it's true...
Workstation
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 920 c0 @ 3.50 Asus Sabertooth X58 Nvidia gtx 570 Nvidia gtx 210 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
12 GB (Patriot 4GB DDR3 1600 Mhz + G.Skill Ripj... OCZ Vertex II 60GB + x2 WD 1TB + WD 500 GB Lite-On DVD Burner LG Blu Ray Burner 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 8 Professional x64, Arch Linux x64 Samsung 22 inch 1920x1080 60Hz Asus 23 inch 1920x1080 IPS Acer 19 inch 1600x900 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech g11 Corsair 750 Watt NZXT Tempest Razer deathadder 3500 dpi 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
OCZ Audigy SE Sony MDR-V6 
  hide details  
Reply
Workstation
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 920 c0 @ 3.50 Asus Sabertooth X58 Nvidia gtx 570 Nvidia gtx 210 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
12 GB (Patriot 4GB DDR3 1600 Mhz + G.Skill Ripj... OCZ Vertex II 60GB + x2 WD 1TB + WD 500 GB Lite-On DVD Burner LG Blu Ray Burner 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 8 Professional x64, Arch Linux x64 Samsung 22 inch 1920x1080 60Hz Asus 23 inch 1920x1080 IPS Acer 19 inch 1600x900 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech g11 Corsair 750 Watt NZXT Tempest Razer deathadder 3500 dpi 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
OCZ Audigy SE Sony MDR-V6 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by pursuinginsanity View Post
Of course they don't have access to Bulldozer - THAT'S the problem. Neither do the motherboard manufacturers, again - THAT'S the problem. Sites like Anand don't post this information AS FACT if they don't have EVIDENCE and proper SOURCES to back it up.

If your will to believe in the AMD savior is strong enough, you WILL have Bulldozer in hand before Computex is over, right?

I'm not sure you understand what "credibility" is and how it pertains to the discussion at hand.



Rofl. Yeah, that's it. I'm a "review site fanboy" because I am willing to take their word for it based on their professional reputation. You can't get any more 'fanboy' than denying a delay when every party in the industry is saying it's been delayed. Except AMD of course, because like I said, delays are bad for business.

You'll have your proof when Computex ends, E3 ends, and there's still no Bulldozer on the shelves. It's clear you wouldn't believe it unless AMDs CEO hand-delivered you an envelope containing the proper launch information.

It sure is funny to see the faithful lash out with all the defensive behavior when the delay is confirmed by real, reliable sources. When it was Sweclockers saying a delay, fine. It was a rumor posted by one site. When Anand and Tom's both confirm the delay in the same day, you can pretty much bet on it being truth. We're not getting this information from some random forum-dweller.

Woh,woh,woh.This whole review by Tom's is crap.You just got suckered big time by misleading words.Read carefully.There are no facts stated at all other than...
A. Motherboard manufacturer's DO have working samples
B. 990FX is similar to 890FX with SLi support.

everything else is conjecture

AMD is not going to let the "cat" out of the bag.The ES chips sent out are probably limited on purpose.This whole review is written to throw fuel on the fire.There is no other reason for it.Learn to disiminate before you get all worked-up
Amelia
(13 items)
 
Professional
(13 items)
 
RCPC#1
(17 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1100t MSI 890FX GD65 MSI Radeon HD5670 GSkill RipjawsX DDR3 PC3 12800 2x4GB CL8 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Black 1TB SATA III Samsung BD Zalman 9900MAX Windows 7 64 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
AOC 22" LED Logitech Kingwin Lazer Platinum 500w Fractal Design R3 
Other
Samsung 470 SSD 128GB 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 960T Asus M4A88T-VEVO Asus Strix R7 370 SuperTalent Perfomance 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
GSkill Snipers Monster Daytona Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7,200 RPM 16Mb cache Memorex DVD/RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H60 Windows 8N IBM 9494 19" LCD IBM 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair GS500 In Win H-Frame Wolfking OCZ Behemoth 
Audio
JBL Creature 
  hide details  
Reply
Amelia
(13 items)
 
Professional
(13 items)
 
RCPC#1
(17 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1100t MSI 890FX GD65 MSI Radeon HD5670 GSkill RipjawsX DDR3 PC3 12800 2x4GB CL8 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Black 1TB SATA III Samsung BD Zalman 9900MAX Windows 7 64 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
AOC 22" LED Logitech Kingwin Lazer Platinum 500w Fractal Design R3 
Other
Samsung 470 SSD 128GB 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 960T Asus M4A88T-VEVO Asus Strix R7 370 SuperTalent Perfomance 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
GSkill Snipers Monster Daytona Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7,200 RPM 16Mb cache Memorex DVD/RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H60 Windows 8N IBM 9494 19" LCD IBM 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair GS500 In Win H-Frame Wolfking OCZ Behemoth 
Audio
JBL Creature 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 59
Trolls will be trolls.

First off, we have official word from AMD stating its on track for hitting roadmap. But roadmaps and such change all the time, slight problems push it back and the roadmaps are generally vague on dates. So thats not really all that great at this point in time so close to a launch where if anything goes wrong, there could be a delay. Take with a grain of salt and hope for the best.

Then we have "trusted" review sites stating delays. I think to call anand and toms trusted is a bit far, Toms has been junk for a long time, and anand is known for being biased. I try not to pay attention to what they post if they don't have any source or proof, which they don't. So take with a grain of salt.

But to those who are arguing about this, your both silly. Like I just stated, the roadmaps are vague and can change and delays can come up at the last second but the company will push as hard as possible to meet its deadline, it good for business. They can't come across a problem and be like, "OMG lets tell everyone it MIGHT get delayed because of a small issue." Thats dumb as nails, and would hurt their business.
But to those who think that review sites THEY feel are "trusted" can only tell truths and never lie, you live in a very sheltered world, and need to get out more. If not, when faced with reality, you will crumble.

There might be a delay, there might not. We know nothing that proves either side of the story is true in any regard. All we really know is that AMD is still hoping to hit its launch date, which is approaching fast. If they have trouble and can't get it fixed, we won't know till the last second, leave it at that. There is NO PROOF out there right now that states there IS a delay, so shut your mouth. But do expect that problems CAN arrive.

No1 is right, and those that think they are right, are fools. Thats MY opinion.
M06
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX6300 Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 XFX 7950 - 3GB G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 2133 CL9 @ 1733... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
WD Blue 500GB WD Black 1.5TB Crucial M4 128GB (OS) LG ODD 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Deepcool Lucifer v2 Win7 Ultimate 64 bit Acer X223w (1050) LG 22EN33 (1080) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Sharkoon Tactix OCZ ModXstream Pro 700w Modular Corsair 300R CM Storm Xornet 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Steelseries Qck+ DOTA2 Edition Edifier e1100+  Sennheiser HD215 Plantronics Gamecom 307 
  hide details  
Reply
M06
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX6300 Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 XFX 7950 - 3GB G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 2133 CL9 @ 1733... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
WD Blue 500GB WD Black 1.5TB Crucial M4 128GB (OS) LG ODD 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Deepcool Lucifer v2 Win7 Ultimate 64 bit Acer X223w (1050) LG 22EN33 (1080) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Sharkoon Tactix OCZ ModXstream Pro 700w Modular Corsair 300R CM Storm Xornet 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Steelseries Qck+ DOTA2 Edition Edifier e1100+  Sennheiser HD215 Plantronics Gamecom 307 
  hide details  
Reply
post #29 of 59
It still has the possibility for it to commercial ship late June. Wonder what AMD will announce tomorrow.
Current System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500K ASRock Z68 Extreme3 VisionTek HD 7950 G-Skill Ripjaws 1866 (2x4gb) @ 2133 10-11-10-26 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2x 1TB Hitachi 7k1000.D (non-raid) Windows 7 PCBank View 3 PB2700 (27inch) Saitek Eclipse 2 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair 750W-TX Azza Hurrican 2000 Logitech MX-518 Boston Acoustics VS-260 Bookshelves 
  hide details  
Reply
Current System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500K ASRock Z68 Extreme3 VisionTek HD 7950 G-Skill Ripjaws 1866 (2x4gb) @ 2133 10-11-10-26 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2x 1TB Hitachi 7k1000.D (non-raid) Windows 7 PCBank View 3 PB2700 (27inch) Saitek Eclipse 2 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair 750W-TX Azza Hurrican 2000 Logitech MX-518 Boston Acoustics VS-260 Bookshelves 
  hide details  
Reply
post #30 of 59
News flash!
Wait until June 1st to find out, then bash each other until the internet crashes.

This is too funny!
BULLDOZER!!!
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
8120FX Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD7 2ea MSI r9-270x 16gb G-Skill Snipers 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD 3x1tb greens, 1x1tb black Adata S599 120gb LG DVDR/RW, LG Blueray CM V8 Win7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG2762D Microsoft Antec TPN-750 CM HAF 932 
MouseMouse Pad
Microsoft X5 Generic 
  hide details  
Reply
BULLDOZER!!!
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
8120FX Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD7 2ea MSI r9-270x 16gb G-Skill Snipers 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD 3x1tb greens, 1x1tb black Adata S599 120gb LG DVDR/RW, LG Blueray CM V8 Win7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG2762D Microsoft Antec TPN-750 CM HAF 932 
MouseMouse Pad
Microsoft X5 Generic 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Toms] The 990FX Chipset Arrives: AMD And SLI Rise Again