Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › watercoolers - loop help?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

watercoolers - loop help? - Page 4

post #31 of 35
Thread Starter 
What sort of temp would you expect on ek 360 rad - ek supreme

this is idle im happy with the gpu but the cpu is not so good and its first stop after the rad.



Edited by andrewmchugh - 6/15/11 at 3:51am
^3
(11 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5930K  EVGA x99 Micro EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 16GB Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX Black PC4-21300 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
500GB Samsung 840 EVO H105 Win 10 ASUS ROG PG279 
KeyboardPowerCase
Ducky Shine 1 MX-Red Corsair AX 860i  Fractal Design Node 804 Black 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core i7 @ 2.6  GT650 16GB of 1600 MHz DDR3L SDRAM 256GB SSD 
OSMonitorKeyboard
Mac OSX Lion Retina Display US layout 
  hide details  
Reply
^3
(11 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5930K  EVGA x99 Micro EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 16GB Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX Black PC4-21300 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
500GB Samsung 840 EVO H105 Win 10 ASUS ROG PG279 
KeyboardPowerCase
Ducky Shine 1 MX-Red Corsair AX 860i  Fractal Design Node 804 Black 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core i7 @ 2.6  GT650 16GB of 1600 MHz DDR3L SDRAM 256GB SSD 
OSMonitorKeyboard
Mac OSX Lion Retina Display US layout 
  hide details  
Reply
post #32 of 35
I'm a bit late to this thread but here's my two pennies:

Distilled water, not marketed coolant, no dyes - just coloured tubing.

Ideally i'd go for several small 120mm radiators rather than a big 360 rad. Personally with my rig i have:

2x 240mm radiators, one mounted at top of case, one on bottom (all internal)

I also hope to purchase a single 120mm radiator to mount on the rear of the case, to make use of the fan that sits there. In my opinion, several smaller radiators are better as this gives you more control of where heat goes within the case.

Also in the future i will cool another 6870 for crossfire. So all those rads will pay off.

As for your temps, they seem good. Cpu not so much but remember watercooling is dramatically effected by ambient temps. It doesn't lower idle temps so well but it does have a big impact between idle and full load tempuratures.
Edited by Thingamajig - 6/15/11 at 3:57am
post #33 of 35
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingamajig View Post
I'm a bit late to this thread but here's my two pennies:

Distilled water, not marketed coolant, no dyes - just coloured tubing.

Ideally i'd go for several small 120mm radiators rather than a big 360 rad. Personally with my rig i have:

2x 240mm radiators, one mounted at top of case, one on bottom (all internal)

I also hope to purchase a single 120mm radiator to mount on the rear of the case, to make use of the fan that sits there. In my opinion, several smaller radiators are better as this gives you more control of where heat goes within the case.

Also in the future i will cool another 6870 for crossfire. So all those rads will pay off.
im using distilled, im thinking its the cpus thermal paste, but because of the pipe between the gpu and CPU its impossible to get out.
^3
(11 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5930K  EVGA x99 Micro EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 16GB Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX Black PC4-21300 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
500GB Samsung 840 EVO H105 Win 10 ASUS ROG PG279 
KeyboardPowerCase
Ducky Shine 1 MX-Red Corsair AX 860i  Fractal Design Node 804 Black 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core i7 @ 2.6  GT650 16GB of 1600 MHz DDR3L SDRAM 256GB SSD 
OSMonitorKeyboard
Mac OSX Lion Retina Display US layout 
  hide details  
Reply
^3
(11 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5930K  EVGA x99 Micro EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 16GB Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX Black PC4-21300 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
500GB Samsung 840 EVO H105 Win 10 ASUS ROG PG279 
KeyboardPowerCase
Ducky Shine 1 MX-Red Corsair AX 860i  Fractal Design Node 804 Black 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core i7 @ 2.6  GT650 16GB of 1600 MHz DDR3L SDRAM 256GB SSD 
OSMonitorKeyboard
Mac OSX Lion Retina Display US layout 
  hide details  
Reply
post #34 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmchugh View Post
im using distilled, im thinking its the cpus thermal paste, but because of the pipe between the gpu and CPU its impossible to get out.
Ah, well thats a bit of a bummer. Perhaps a more flexible tubing is in order? it looks like you're using some thick half inch tubing there so that won't help.

I noticed you mentioned overflowing on the previous page as well, you getting any of that?

Judging buy the loop layout you could get it as your res is at the lowest point, but with the radiator positioned upright the weight of it's contents wont push down on the res. For safety i'd only remove the cap when the pumps running just to be sure.
post #35 of 35
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingamajig View Post
Ah, well thats a bit of a bummer. Perhaps a more flexible tubing is in order? it looks like you're using some thick half inch tubing there so that won't help.

I noticed you mentioned overflowing on the previous page as well, you getting any of that?

Judging buy the loop layout you could get it as your res is at the lowest point, but with the radiator positioned upright the weight of it's contents wont push down on the res. For safety i'd only remove the cap when the pumps running just to be sure.
no it not overflowing,

im just wondering if the cpu needs a repaste.

edit

re-pasted the CPU look of a few degrees
Edited by andrewmchugh - 6/15/11 at 4:41pm
^3
(11 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5930K  EVGA x99 Micro EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 16GB Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX Black PC4-21300 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
500GB Samsung 840 EVO H105 Win 10 ASUS ROG PG279 
KeyboardPowerCase
Ducky Shine 1 MX-Red Corsair AX 860i  Fractal Design Node 804 Black 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core i7 @ 2.6  GT650 16GB of 1600 MHz DDR3L SDRAM 256GB SSD 
OSMonitorKeyboard
Mac OSX Lion Retina Display US layout 
  hide details  
Reply
^3
(11 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5930K  EVGA x99 Micro EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 16GB Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX Black PC4-21300 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
500GB Samsung 840 EVO H105 Win 10 ASUS ROG PG279 
KeyboardPowerCase
Ducky Shine 1 MX-Red Corsair AX 860i  Fractal Design Node 804 Black 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core i7 @ 2.6  GT650 16GB of 1600 MHz DDR3L SDRAM 256GB SSD 
OSMonitorKeyboard
Mac OSX Lion Retina Display US layout 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › watercoolers - loop help?