Hello everyone, I am in need of some suggestions and opinions on my next build. As you can see from my current system specs, I haven't built a PC in a very long time. That is why I hope some of you can lend a bit of your time and knowledge to help me, if it isn't asking too much for my first post.
The rig will mainly be used for typical web surfing, music, high def media and mainly gaming. I will be on a 24.5" Samsung @ 1920x1200 with the possibility of moving down towards a lower resolution such as 1920Ã—1080 in the distant future. My budget is $700, including shipping, tax, etc.
Was looking at the following hardware:
- MSI P67A-G43 (B3) - $130
- MSI GTX 460 HTA 1GB - $159 $140 after MIR
Would like to recycle:
- Case will definitely be reused.
- Hard drive (WD Caviar Blue 640 GB 300 MBps/7200 rpm) I don't really mind load times, they seem to go rather quick on this drive for me.
- Windows 7 PRO Upgrade. Upgraded from Vista Business, activated last December, can I transfer the license legally?
- Power supply unit. Has been stable for 4-5 years, is it worth recylcing a unit this old for a new build?
What I have listed adds up to about $514. Which leaves me with close to $186 left over for RAM (need some suggestions), possibly new operating system license?, possible new power supply unit? Would you change anything? (I prefer NVIDIA over AMD GPU's)
Thank you for taking the time to read this.