Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › What if PC Gaming lead the Gaming Industry.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What if PC Gaming lead the Gaming Industry. - Page 2  

post #11 of 41
PC gaming is a much larger market than console gaming. larger dev's make console games so much because less competition and more mainstream spotlight
my first child
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 @ 3.2ghz Evga X58 Sli3 2x Gtx 460 @ 820Mhz [SLI] 12GB G skill 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Force GT 120gb SSD x2 1TB Western digital Caviar Black 1TB 5900 rpm Seagate (Storage) Corsair H50 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 pro 64 bit Samsung 27" 1920x1080 Saitek Eclipse II Corsair AX 850w 
CaseMouseAudio
Haf X R.A.T. 7 Albino Klipsch Promedia 2.1 w/ 200W sub 
  hide details  
my first child
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 @ 3.2ghz Evga X58 Sli3 2x Gtx 460 @ 820Mhz [SLI] 12GB G skill 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Force GT 120gb SSD x2 1TB Western digital Caviar Black 1TB 5900 rpm Seagate (Storage) Corsair H50 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 pro 64 bit Samsung 27" 1920x1080 Saitek Eclipse II Corsair AX 850w 
CaseMouseAudio
Haf X R.A.T. 7 Albino Klipsch Promedia 2.1 w/ 200W sub 
  hide details  
post #12 of 41
a lot more people will be interested in computer hardware, which will also boost that industry as well (upgrading components and so forth)
post #13 of 41
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucers View Post
I hate this attitude that consoles or console gamers are responsible for dumbing down video games. The only person to blame for an inadequate gaming experience is the dev. studio, and, by extension, the publisher. There are plenty of AAA games on consoles made by companies that care about the finished product more than the bottom line. Many games can be made multi-plat and not suffer in the process, but the studio has to care enough to do so, which means less revenue but a product that retains its integrity.

To your point - either way, a subsection of the gaming community would suffer. If a game is made for PC first and then sloppily ported to consoles, console gamers get shafted. If a game is made for consoles first and then sloppily ported to PC, PC gamers get shafted. The moral of that story is it's up to the dev. studio to put the effort into porting their games with some thought to how they'll run on each unique medium.
Because for the most part its true. The console audience is more gullable due to the fact you'd find a lot more teenage gamers who get excited over "cool" explosions and superficial details (and I dont just mean age wise but 18+ gamers with mentality of teens too).
PC gaming audience is mostly adult playerbase, mostly due to the fact little kids are intimidated by PC tech (which isn't really a valid reason) or pricing. As a result they scrutinise games more thoroughly and It's not just a case of "my friend has it so let me copy".

It's also evident by the fact COD games are being bought/played less every new release on PC . You can check steam stats and compare MW2 peak player count compared to black ops. Indicating PC gamers aren't falling for the same rehashed crap. Whereas Blackops sales in general actually did better than MW2, so that concludes that the increase in sales is due to the misguided purchases from consoles.

IMO if PC gaming lead the way we'd see more Quality (and not superficial)games. We'd see more Indie devs coming out with unique/ well executed games, like Minecraft or Amnesia. Dev's coming out with PC games will be less lazy, which means we would have more features available to us. Games would look better, and computer animation/coding technology would accelerate much more faster.
Edited by Renton81 - 6/1/11 at 4:14am
post #14 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renton81 View Post
Because for the most part its true. The console audience is more gullable due to the fact you'd find a lot more teenage gamers who get excited over "cool" explosions and superficial details (and I dont just mean age wise but 18+ gamers with mentality of teens too).
PC gaming audience is mostly adult playerbase, mostly due to the fact little kids are intimidated by PC tech (which isn't really a valid reason) or pricing. As a result they scrutinise games more thoroughly and It's not just a case of "my friend has it so let me copy".

It's also evident by the fact COD games are being bought/played less every new release on PC . You can check steam stats and compare MW2 peak player count compared to black ops. Indicating PC gamers aren't falling for the same rehashed crap. Whereas Blackops sales in general actually did better than MW2, so that concludes that the increase in sales is due to the misguided purchases from consoles.

IMO if PC gaming lead the way we'd see more Quality (and not superficial)games. We'd see more Indie devs coming out with unique/ well executed games, like Minecraft or Amnesia. Dev's coming out with PC games will be less lazy, which means we would have more features available to us. Games would look better, and computer animation/coding technology would accelerate much more faster.
"The console audience" (a multi-million count demographic) is "more gullible?" What, exactly, are they falling for that us mentally superior PC gamers would balk at? Expansion packs? 10 dollar map packs, while annoying, are not the issue here. The only reason CoD map packs succeed is because CoD games are Triple A titles. Regardless of your personal opinion, or mine, for that matter - I hate Black Ops with a passion - the fact is that these are not bad games when judged objectively. More of the same, yes. But for someone who's first CoD game was W@W, that's not a bad thing. Younger =/= stupider or more gullible.

The fact that PC gamers aren't playing Black Ops as much as when it was released doesn't make us any more intelligent or discerning, either. It's an aging game. Console gamers aren't playing it as much anymore either. The next CoD has already been unveiled, and gamers are growing tired of a 7 month old title. This doesn't prove or even indicate anything. It's simply the games natural cycle, and while it's a shorter cycle than most, that's because it's an incredibly popular franchise and sequels are certain to sell, on consoles and PC alike. But this doesn't even really have anything to do with the OP. If Black Ops were designed with PC as the primary platform, you'd probably see the same exact game with a different control scheme because like I said in my previous post - the only thing these corporate monsters like Activision and EA care about is dollar signs and I guaran-damn-tee you that PC gamers would still be playing CoD even if consoles didn't exist.
post #15 of 41
Im glad its not. Because PC games would cost the ridiculous price of console games. That would suck.
post #16 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoblikat View Post
It cant, one word piracy.
But if it did it woul;d easily be the best thing for the gaming world (except for freaking Ep. 3)
theres an article somewhere that shows game reselling, i.e. people trading in games etc. is causing a larger loss of income compared to piracy
     
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Xeon x5650 Xeon X5650 EVGA Classified SR2 EVGA GTX 680 FTW 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
EVGA GTX 680 FTW 24 GB DDR3 1600Mhz C9 1 TB WD Black 1 TB WD Black 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
1 TB WD Black 1 TB WD Black Kington Hyper X 3k 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 120GB 
OSPower
Windows 8 Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1050w 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930k Intel ES ASrock X79 Extreme4-m GTX 680 16GB 1600Mhz DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
240GB Samsung EVO SSD 2TB WD Green DVDrw Cooler Master Nepton 240m 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 Ultmate Cooler Master VS550 Cooler Master Silencio 352 
  hide details  
     
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Xeon x5650 Xeon X5650 EVGA Classified SR2 EVGA GTX 680 FTW 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
EVGA GTX 680 FTW 24 GB DDR3 1600Mhz C9 1 TB WD Black 1 TB WD Black 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
1 TB WD Black 1 TB WD Black Kington Hyper X 3k 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 120GB 
OSPower
Windows 8 Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1050w 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930k Intel ES ASrock X79 Extreme4-m GTX 680 16GB 1600Mhz DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
240GB Samsung EVO SSD 2TB WD Green DVDrw Cooler Master Nepton 240m 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 Ultmate Cooler Master VS550 Cooler Master Silencio 352 
  hide details  
post #17 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider_2001 View Post
Thats profiling brotha....lol

Piracy has an effect on consoles as well...Maybe not as large as on a PC, however it's there..
Honestly pirating on consoles is as big as on pc , maybe even bigger. Not in Western countries but definitely in Asia. You can get free PS3 digital games here and for 0.85 US cents you can get a Xbox 360 DVDs with games.
RAILIGHT
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel SB 2500k GIgabyte GA-P67A-UD5-B3 Sapphire Radeon HD 6970 Zotac NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9R 16 GB Crucial M4 WD Green 1TB|Hitachi HDT7 1TB 2x WD RE4 500g RAID0 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate Baraccuda 3TB Corsair H70 Windows 7 64 SP1 Ultimate Samsung SyncMaster P2770H Black 27" 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung SyncMaster 943BWX 19" Razer Lycosa Corsair AX 850 Bitfenix Survivor 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Naga Razer Vespula Razer Carcharias 
  hide details  
RAILIGHT
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel SB 2500k GIgabyte GA-P67A-UD5-B3 Sapphire Radeon HD 6970 Zotac NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9R 16 GB Crucial M4 WD Green 1TB|Hitachi HDT7 1TB 2x WD RE4 500g RAID0 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate Baraccuda 3TB Corsair H70 Windows 7 64 SP1 Ultimate Samsung SyncMaster P2770H Black 27" 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung SyncMaster 943BWX 19" Razer Lycosa Corsair AX 850 Bitfenix Survivor 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Naga Razer Vespula Razer Carcharias 
  hide details  
post #18 of 41
If PC was the lead platform for everything, gaming in general would not be dying like it is currently. Dying in the sense.... it aint what it used to be.
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 4790k MSI z97 Gaming 7 GTX970 Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX970 Gigabyte G1 Gaming 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Corsair Dominator 6GB DDR3 Western Digital 1TB 7200rpm/ Mushkin 60GB SSD LG Blu-Ray Combo SATA Windows 7 
MonitorPowerCase
55" Samsung 1080p LCD Cooler Master Silent Pro 850W 80 Plus BRONZE Cooler Master HAF 932 full tower 
  hide details  
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 4790k MSI z97 Gaming 7 GTX970 Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX970 Gigabyte G1 Gaming 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Corsair Dominator 6GB DDR3 Western Digital 1TB 7200rpm/ Mushkin 60GB SSD LG Blu-Ray Combo SATA Windows 7 
MonitorPowerCase
55" Samsung 1080p LCD Cooler Master Silent Pro 850W 80 Plus BRONZE Cooler Master HAF 932 full tower 
  hide details  
post #19 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucers View Post
I hate this attitude that consoles or console gamers are responsible for dumbing down video games. The only person to blame for an inadequate gaming experience is the dev. studio, and, by extension, the publisher. There are plenty of AAA games on consoles made by companies that care about the finished product more than the bottom line. Many games can be made multi-plat and not suffer in the process, but the studio has to care enough to do so, which means less revenue but a product that retains its integrity.

To your point - either way, a subsection of the gaming community would suffer. If a game is made for PC first and then sloppily ported to consoles, console gamers get shafted. If a game is made for consoles first and then sloppily ported to PC, PC gamers get shafted. The moral of that story is it's up to the dev. studio to put the effort into porting their games with some thought to how they'll run on each unique medium.
I agree to an extent that dev. Are a major problem because look at metal gear solid four. A freaking master piece!!! Devs hold their own selves back sometimes just for an easy profit. (CoD) But I also think with a combination of better hardware continually available (pc) and a good passionate dev. Pc gaming could so much better than console.
Edited by Anti!! - 6/1/11 at 8:44am
Behind the Curve
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4570 GA-Z87-D3H MSI GTX 980ti Gaming 6G Adata green special DDR3 1333 4x 4GB (16GB kit) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda Samsung DVD+RW CM 212 Windows 8.1 pro 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG 34" 21:9 LG 23" 16:9 DELL!!! Corsair TX750w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM 692 with window Razer-LACHESIS Razer-Sphex Pad Logitech 5.1 surround 
  hide details  
Behind the Curve
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4570 GA-Z87-D3H MSI GTX 980ti Gaming 6G Adata green special DDR3 1333 4x 4GB (16GB kit) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda Samsung DVD+RW CM 212 Windows 8.1 pro 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG 34" 21:9 LG 23" 16:9 DELL!!! Corsair TX750w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM 692 with window Razer-LACHESIS Razer-Sphex Pad Logitech 5.1 surround 
  hide details  
post #20 of 41
It will never happen. Most people want to buy a system and have any game run on it. They don't want to worry about upgrading video cards, driver issues, etc..
Gaming
(20 items)
 
HTPC
(21 items)
 
My Stuff
(12 photos)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i3-3220 ASRock H77M EVGA 750ti CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
1TB WD Black  2TB WD Green 4TB WD My Book Samsung Blu-Ray 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cougar 120mm PWM Windows 10 60" Vizio M60-C3 4K Logitech K400 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
OCZ ModXStream 600w Silverstone GD05 Logitech K400 / MCE Remote Denon AVR-X2200W 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Polk Audio Monitor II - CS2 BIC F12 - 12" Sub Polk Audio Monitor II - Monitor 70 x 2 Polk Audio Monitor II - Monitor 30 x 2 
  hide details  
Gaming
(20 items)
 
HTPC
(21 items)
 
My Stuff
(12 photos)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i3-3220 ASRock H77M EVGA 750ti CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
1TB WD Black  2TB WD Green 4TB WD My Book Samsung Blu-Ray 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cougar 120mm PWM Windows 10 60" Vizio M60-C3 4K Logitech K400 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
OCZ ModXStream 600w Silverstone GD05 Logitech K400 / MCE Remote Denon AVR-X2200W 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Polk Audio Monitor II - CS2 BIC F12 - 12" Sub Polk Audio Monitor II - Monitor 70 x 2 Polk Audio Monitor II - Monitor 30 x 2 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › What if PC Gaming lead the Gaming Industry.