Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Thinq] AMD hits last minute delay with Bulldozer
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Thinq] AMD hits last minute delay with Bulldozer - Page 16  

post #151 of 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3310n View Post
Same here I need a good board any suggestions? That is only if I don't go Phenom ;p
Anything that doesn't blow up, has the features you want, and is from a reputable company. Mobos don't really matter as far as SB overclocking goes.
post #152 of 268
Oh I'm not saying mine doesn't run fine, it is just i was wanting to do summer upgrading as I'm selling this setup to my friend. And since Bulldozer wont be available on time a 2500k will work fine too. Although, i will only use Radeon cards so my avatar gets to stay.

Also, i heard good things about the SB MSI mobo's any thoughts?
SR-PC
(16 items)
 
HP 17-e037cl
(6 items)
 
HP dv7-6c27cl
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz ASUS P8P67 EVO EVGA Geforce GTX 670 FTW Sig 2 8GB Corsair Vengence DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
120GB Samsung 840 Series (MZ-7TD120) Seagate Barracuda 3TB (ST3000DM001) Corsair H60 w/ 2x Noctua NF-P12 120mm Fans Windows 8 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2440L (VA Panel) Logitech G710+ Seasonic X-750 Corsair 300R 
MouseAudio
Corsair M65 Creative Soundblaster Z (SB1500) 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
AMD A8-5500M AMD Radeon 8550G 8GB DDR3 1600 Seagate 1TB SSHD 
OSMonitor
Windows 8.1 x64 17.3 1600x900 LED 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-2450M @ 2.5Ghz Intel HM65 Express Intel HD Graphics 3000 8GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Toshiba 750GB HP Blu-ray Drive Windows 8 Pro x64 17.3 Brightview LED 1600x900 
  hide details  
SR-PC
(16 items)
 
HP 17-e037cl
(6 items)
 
HP dv7-6c27cl
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz ASUS P8P67 EVO EVGA Geforce GTX 670 FTW Sig 2 8GB Corsair Vengence DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
120GB Samsung 840 Series (MZ-7TD120) Seagate Barracuda 3TB (ST3000DM001) Corsair H60 w/ 2x Noctua NF-P12 120mm Fans Windows 8 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2440L (VA Panel) Logitech G710+ Seasonic X-750 Corsair 300R 
MouseAudio
Corsair M65 Creative Soundblaster Z (SB1500) 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
AMD A8-5500M AMD Radeon 8550G 8GB DDR3 1600 Seagate 1TB SSHD 
OSMonitor
Windows 8.1 x64 17.3 1600x900 LED 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-2450M @ 2.5Ghz Intel HM65 Express Intel HD Graphics 3000 8GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Toshiba 750GB HP Blu-ray Drive Windows 8 Pro x64 17.3 Brightview LED 1600x900 
  hide details  
post #153 of 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010rig View Post


4.5 GHZ easily attained on AIR isn't fun?

You are just grasping at straws.

You might as well just say you only buy AMD because that is your preference.

2500K is the best price/performing chip available by either AMD or Intel.

Don't knock it, just 'cuz you're loyal to Bulldozer.
He means methodology,not actual performance. Amd have very different abilities and ways of OCing,there is the challenge.
MILSPEC II
(8 items)
 
| LUMO |
(6 items)
 
CLoS3 IMPACT
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
5820k X99m WS 980ti strix 980ti strix 
RAMHard DrivePowerCase
KLEVV Cras DDR4  3tb Red Corsair 600w SFX + 450w SFX Caselabs BH4 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4970k Z97 Gryphon GTX 680 x2 Crucial Ballistix Elite 16Gb 
PowerCase
Be Quiet Dark Power 850 InWin D Frame Mini 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k ASUS Impact ITX R9 290 Gskill Trident 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCase
Samsung EV0 250 x2 WD black Loop.....oh yes...... Caselabs S3....modded 
  hide details  
MILSPEC II
(8 items)
 
| LUMO |
(6 items)
 
CLoS3 IMPACT
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
5820k X99m WS 980ti strix 980ti strix 
RAMHard DrivePowerCase
KLEVV Cras DDR4  3tb Red Corsair 600w SFX + 450w SFX Caselabs BH4 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4970k Z97 Gryphon GTX 680 x2 Crucial Ballistix Elite 16Gb 
PowerCase
Be Quiet Dark Power 850 InWin D Frame Mini 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k ASUS Impact ITX R9 290 Gskill Trident 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCase
Samsung EV0 250 x2 WD black Loop.....oh yes...... Caselabs S3....modded 
  hide details  
post #154 of 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by B NEGATIVE View Post
QFT...why take the obvious,easy route? Where is the challenge?........must be a 'herd' thing....
Why take the slower, underperforming route? There's a difference between following the group and buying something because it truly is better performing.

Sure OC is much more invloved with AMD but at the end of the day will you truly be satisfied when you know it'll still get smoked?
Edited by Iceman23 - 6/1/11 at 8:21am
post #155 of 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman23 View Post
Anything that doesn't blow up, has the features you want, and is from a reputable company. Mobos don't really matter as far as SB overclocking goes.
What's a good amount to spend on a budget ocing mobo?
facebook machine
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k Asrock p67 extreme4 saphire 6870 ripjaws X 1600mhz 8gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
seagate 250gb 5400rpm vertex 3 max iops hp dvdrw cooler master v8 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
win7 Acer s230hl logitech k350 corsair tx650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
nzxt m59 logitech m510 wowpad microthin jbl audio stereo speakers 
  hide details  
facebook machine
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k Asrock p67 extreme4 saphire 6870 ripjaws X 1600mhz 8gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
seagate 250gb 5400rpm vertex 3 max iops hp dvdrw cooler master v8 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
win7 Acer s230hl logitech k350 corsair tx650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
nzxt m59 logitech m510 wowpad microthin jbl audio stereo speakers 
  hide details  
post #156 of 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman23 View Post
Why take the slower, underperforming route? There's a difference between following the group and buying something because it truly is better performing.
OCing...making slow stuff fast.

I like AMD's upgrade path,cost/performance and the fact its not intel.
Dont get me wrong,i dont have an axe to grind with intel...its just they are like mc donalds....everywhere.
MILSPEC II
(8 items)
 
| LUMO |
(6 items)
 
CLoS3 IMPACT
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
5820k X99m WS 980ti strix 980ti strix 
RAMHard DrivePowerCase
KLEVV Cras DDR4  3tb Red Corsair 600w SFX + 450w SFX Caselabs BH4 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4970k Z97 Gryphon GTX 680 x2 Crucial Ballistix Elite 16Gb 
PowerCase
Be Quiet Dark Power 850 InWin D Frame Mini 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k ASUS Impact ITX R9 290 Gskill Trident 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCase
Samsung EV0 250 x2 WD black Loop.....oh yes...... Caselabs S3....modded 
  hide details  
MILSPEC II
(8 items)
 
| LUMO |
(6 items)
 
CLoS3 IMPACT
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
5820k X99m WS 980ti strix 980ti strix 
RAMHard DrivePowerCase
KLEVV Cras DDR4  3tb Red Corsair 600w SFX + 450w SFX Caselabs BH4 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4970k Z97 Gryphon GTX 680 x2 Crucial Ballistix Elite 16Gb 
PowerCase
Be Quiet Dark Power 850 InWin D Frame Mini 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k ASUS Impact ITX R9 290 Gskill Trident 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCase
Samsung EV0 250 x2 WD black Loop.....oh yes...... Caselabs S3....modded 
  hide details  
post #157 of 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by B NEGATIVE View Post
OCing...making slow stuff fast.

I like AMD's upgrade path,cost/performance and the fact its not intel.
Dont get me wrong,i dont have an axe to grind with intel...its just they are like mc donalds....everywhere.
How is making slow stuff fast better than making something fast, super fast. Your argument is based on emotions rather than logic.
post #158 of 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman23 View Post
How is making slow stuff fast better than making something fast, super fast. Your argument is based on emotions rather than logic.
What arguement?

I think you and 2010 need 5 minutes on the naughty step....
MILSPEC II
(8 items)
 
| LUMO |
(6 items)
 
CLoS3 IMPACT
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
5820k X99m WS 980ti strix 980ti strix 
RAMHard DrivePowerCase
KLEVV Cras DDR4  3tb Red Corsair 600w SFX + 450w SFX Caselabs BH4 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4970k Z97 Gryphon GTX 680 x2 Crucial Ballistix Elite 16Gb 
PowerCase
Be Quiet Dark Power 850 InWin D Frame Mini 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k ASUS Impact ITX R9 290 Gskill Trident 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCase
Samsung EV0 250 x2 WD black Loop.....oh yes...... Caselabs S3....modded 
  hide details  
MILSPEC II
(8 items)
 
| LUMO |
(6 items)
 
CLoS3 IMPACT
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
5820k X99m WS 980ti strix 980ti strix 
RAMHard DrivePowerCase
KLEVV Cras DDR4  3tb Red Corsair 600w SFX + 450w SFX Caselabs BH4 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4970k Z97 Gryphon GTX 680 x2 Crucial Ballistix Elite 16Gb 
PowerCase
Be Quiet Dark Power 850 InWin D Frame Mini 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k ASUS Impact ITX R9 290 Gskill Trident 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCase
Samsung EV0 250 x2 WD black Loop.....oh yes...... Caselabs S3....modded 
  hide details  
post #159 of 268
If you want to talk about Intel and there massive delays there are other threads for that.
post #160 of 268
Good luck Iceman, I'm not responding to obvious fanboys anymore.

I got a 2600K build to plan, since Bulldozer didn't launch on time.
2010rig
(14 items)
 
Galaxy S3
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X5660 @ 4.5  ASUS P6X58D-E 980TI? 12GB OCZ Platinum - 7-7-7-21 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1 80GB SSD x25m - 3TB F3 + F4 NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate LG 47LH55 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Natural Wireless Keyboard Corsair 750HX CM 690 II Advanced MX 518 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Snapdragon S4 Dual core 1500mhz Adreno 225 Samsung 2GB 16GB Onboard Flash 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Android 4.4.2 - CM11 4.8" AMOLED 1280x720 2100 mAh battery Otterbox Defender 
  hide details  
2010rig
(14 items)
 
Galaxy S3
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X5660 @ 4.5  ASUS P6X58D-E 980TI? 12GB OCZ Platinum - 7-7-7-21 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1 80GB SSD x25m - 3TB F3 + F4 NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate LG 47LH55 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Natural Wireless Keyboard Corsair 750HX CM 690 II Advanced MX 518 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Snapdragon S4 Dual core 1500mhz Adreno 225 Samsung 2GB 16GB Onboard Flash 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Android 4.4.2 - CM11 4.8" AMOLED 1280x720 2100 mAh battery Otterbox Defender 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Thinq] AMD hits last minute delay with Bulldozer