Overclock.net › Forums › Mobile Computing Forum › Phones › Build Your Own iPhone?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Build Your Own iPhone?

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 
http://www.chinaontrade.com/

That website has every part needed to build an iPhone. I don't, however, know if I can trust it.

Also, why would they give you so much stuff for so cheap? It's a wholesale website but the prices are still low even for 1 item.

Should I just trust it and buy every part needed to build one? Or should I just leave it.
Gaming System 3.0
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500K Asus Z68-V Inno3D GTX 570 8GB G.Skill Ripjaw X 2133MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
3x Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200.12 Asus DVD/RW Drive Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit BenQ G2411HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Corsair VX550 CoolerMaster 690 Advanced II NVidia Razer Deathadder V2 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus Speed 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming System 3.0
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500K Asus Z68-V Inno3D GTX 570 8GB G.Skill Ripjaw X 2133MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
3x Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200.12 Asus DVD/RW Drive Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit BenQ G2411HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Corsair VX550 CoolerMaster 690 Advanced II NVidia Razer Deathadder V2 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus Speed 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 17
well the iPhones are made in China so they could be legit, however i'd probably stay away. I don't see it actually working once you put it together. But it's up to you!
post #3 of 17
You can't build your own iPhone. Apple has very specific verification processes.

You may build it, but software will be the issue. I strongly advise against it! Plus the website comes across as pretty suspicious.

Hope that helps!

EDIT: I'm 15 too, love your sig. Very appropriate.
Eysenck Box
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1600 Asus B350M-A XFX AMD Vega RX 64 8GB 2x4GB DDR4 2400mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
128GB Intel M.2 SSD Stock Windows 10 Pro x64 LG 27UD58 4K 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow (Cherry Blue) Corsair TX550 Silverstone TJ08-E Logitech G403 
  hide details  
Reply
Eysenck Box
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1600 Asus B350M-A XFX AMD Vega RX 64 8GB 2x4GB DDR4 2400mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
128GB Intel M.2 SSD Stock Windows 10 Pro x64 LG 27UD58 4K 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow (Cherry Blue) Corsair TX550 Silverstone TJ08-E Logitech G403 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole S View Post
well the iPhones are made in China so they could be legit, however i'd probably stay away. I don't see it actually working once you put it together. But it's up to you!
I fix any iPhone right now for money and I know a lot about their internals. I fix buttons, battery, screen and so on... I'm quite sure it should work once I get it together, but I have a feeling that the motherboard would not work or I would need to solder something in.

I'm thinking of just buying one part right now for $1 and seeing if they ship it.
Gaming System 3.0
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500K Asus Z68-V Inno3D GTX 570 8GB G.Skill Ripjaw X 2133MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
3x Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200.12 Asus DVD/RW Drive Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit BenQ G2411HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Corsair VX550 CoolerMaster 690 Advanced II NVidia Razer Deathadder V2 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus Speed 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming System 3.0
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500K Asus Z68-V Inno3D GTX 570 8GB G.Skill Ripjaw X 2133MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
3x Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200.12 Asus DVD/RW Drive Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit BenQ G2411HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Corsair VX550 CoolerMaster 690 Advanced II NVidia Razer Deathadder V2 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus Speed 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterMelnKidd View Post
I fix any iPhone right now for money and I know a lot about their internals. I fix buttons, battery, screen and so on... I'm quite sure it should work once I get it together, but I have a feeling that the motherboard would not work or I would need to solder something in.

I'm thinking of just buying one part right now for $1 and seeing if they ship it.
You would have to solder and the motherboard would come without software, or not a verified version. It'd be very dodgy and wouldn't interact with iTunes because of Apple's activation process and verification.
Eysenck Box
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1600 Asus B350M-A XFX AMD Vega RX 64 8GB 2x4GB DDR4 2400mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
128GB Intel M.2 SSD Stock Windows 10 Pro x64 LG 27UD58 4K 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow (Cherry Blue) Corsair TX550 Silverstone TJ08-E Logitech G403 
  hide details  
Reply
Eysenck Box
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1600 Asus B350M-A XFX AMD Vega RX 64 8GB 2x4GB DDR4 2400mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
128GB Intel M.2 SSD Stock Windows 10 Pro x64 LG 27UD58 4K 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow (Cherry Blue) Corsair TX550 Silverstone TJ08-E Logitech G403 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty Pumpkin View Post
You would have to solder and the motherboard would come without software, or not a verified version. It'd be very dodgy and wouldn't interact with iTunes because of Apple's activation process and verification.
If that's true then I don't see why they even sell the motherboards.
This website is for people who like to fix iPhones, like me, they wouldn't sell a useless motherboard.
Gaming System 3.0
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500K Asus Z68-V Inno3D GTX 570 8GB G.Skill Ripjaw X 2133MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
3x Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200.12 Asus DVD/RW Drive Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit BenQ G2411HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Corsair VX550 CoolerMaster 690 Advanced II NVidia Razer Deathadder V2 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus Speed 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming System 3.0
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500K Asus Z68-V Inno3D GTX 570 8GB G.Skill Ripjaw X 2133MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
3x Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200.12 Asus DVD/RW Drive Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit BenQ G2411HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Corsair VX550 CoolerMaster 690 Advanced II NVidia Razer Deathadder V2 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus Speed 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterMelnKidd;13709263 
I fix any iPhone right now for money and I know a lot about their internals. I fix buttons, battery, screen and so on... I'm quite sure it should work once I get it together, but I have a feeling that the motherboard would not work or I would need to solder something in.

I'm thinking of just buying one part right now for $1 and seeing if they ship it.

Oh wow nice. Yeah i would say buying something small would be a good idea before making the whole purchase. But like someone said above, i don't think the software would work correctly. I mean it all may come together well, but i'd be incredibly impressed if you could make it function like a regular iPhone. Also, I would think if this was totally legit and people could make their one iPhones on the cheap Apple would have a ***** fit over it and shut them down. They're usually pretty good at that stuff haha
post #8 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterMelnKidd View Post
If that's true then I don't see why they even sell the motherboards.
This website is for people who like to fix iPhones, like me, they wouldn't sell a useless motherboard.
Yes it may be...

But that means that they would have to be getting those motherboards illegally and they are maybe even stolen.

It's not Apple to sell spare parts. I checked the website too, doesn't look THAT dodgy.

Even if the motherboard was real and you got it working, you still would have to get Apple's servers and iTunes to activate and verify it.

I wish you luck if you do decide too! I'd be pretty legendary. But unfortunately I'm very inclined to believe it wouldn't work.
Eysenck Box
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1600 Asus B350M-A XFX AMD Vega RX 64 8GB 2x4GB DDR4 2400mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
128GB Intel M.2 SSD Stock Windows 10 Pro x64 LG 27UD58 4K 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow (Cherry Blue) Corsair TX550 Silverstone TJ08-E Logitech G403 
  hide details  
Reply
Eysenck Box
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1600 Asus B350M-A XFX AMD Vega RX 64 8GB 2x4GB DDR4 2400mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
128GB Intel M.2 SSD Stock Windows 10 Pro x64 LG 27UD58 4K 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow (Cherry Blue) Corsair TX550 Silverstone TJ08-E Logitech G403 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty Pumpkin View Post
Yes it may be...

But that means that they would have to be getting those motherboards illegally and they are maybe even stolen.

It's not Apple to sell spare parts. I checked the website too, doesn't look THAT dodgy.

Even if the motherboard was real and you got it working, you still would have to get Apple's servers and iTunes to activate and verify it.

I wish you luck if you do decide too! I'd be pretty legendary. But unfortunately I'm very inclined to believe it wouldn't work.
I think I'm going to have to leave it.

If it doesn't work, and I'm about 50% sure that it will / won't, then I will have wasted about $150 - money I could have spent on upgrading my PC instead.

Although I have to keep thinking it would work... imagine if somebody water damaged their iPhone 4 and needed a new motherboard (the simplest fix for water damaged iPhone), if they bought from there - and I'm sure people do, what would be their outcome?

I can't imagine that the motherboard just wouldn't work, it would have to be pre-loaded with software, but I have to admit that it doesn't even tell you what size storage is on it. Every other part on there I'm basically 100% sure should work.
Gaming System 3.0
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500K Asus Z68-V Inno3D GTX 570 8GB G.Skill Ripjaw X 2133MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
3x Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200.12 Asus DVD/RW Drive Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit BenQ G2411HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Corsair VX550 CoolerMaster 690 Advanced II NVidia Razer Deathadder V2 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus Speed 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming System 3.0
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500K Asus Z68-V Inno3D GTX 570 8GB G.Skill Ripjaw X 2133MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
3x Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200.12 Asus DVD/RW Drive Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit BenQ G2411HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Corsair VX550 CoolerMaster 690 Advanced II NVidia Razer Deathadder V2 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus Speed 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterMelnKidd View Post
I think I'm going to have to leave it.

If it doesn't work, and I'm about 50% sure that it will / won't, then I will have wasted about $150 - money I could have spent on upgrading my PC instead.

Although I have to keep thinking it would work... imagine if somebody water damaged their iPhone 4 and needed a new motherboard (the simplest fix for water damaged iPhone), if they bought from there - and I'm sure people do, what would be their outcome?

I can't imagine that the motherboard just wouldn't work, it would have to be pre-loaded with software, but I have to admit that it doesn't even tell you what size storage is on it. Every other part on there I'm basically 100% sure should work.
I think I know what the deal with the motherboards!

I think they will JUST be PCB, not storage or memory on the actually on the board. Maybe the CPU and GPU but nothing else.
Eysenck Box
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1600 Asus B350M-A XFX AMD Vega RX 64 8GB 2x4GB DDR4 2400mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
128GB Intel M.2 SSD Stock Windows 10 Pro x64 LG 27UD58 4K 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow (Cherry Blue) Corsair TX550 Silverstone TJ08-E Logitech G403 
  hide details  
Reply
Eysenck Box
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1600 Asus B350M-A XFX AMD Vega RX 64 8GB 2x4GB DDR4 2400mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
128GB Intel M.2 SSD Stock Windows 10 Pro x64 LG 27UD58 4K 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow (Cherry Blue) Corsair TX550 Silverstone TJ08-E Logitech G403 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Phones
Overclock.net › Forums › Mobile Computing Forum › Phones › Build Your Own iPhone?