Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Power Supplies › Power Supply losing power supplying capabilities over time?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Power Supply losing power supplying capabilities over time? - Page 3

post #21 of 29
Logisys is not a good brand to be honest. I doubt it was truly a 575W PSU. Brands like Logisys are why people overreact and buy 1200W PSU just to power a GTX 460.

Drop any OC's and remove anything non-essential that could take up power (like optical drives).
post #22 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by corky dorkelson View Post
All the more reason to not push that PSU anymore. What if it really pops and takes your mobo/cpu/ram with it?

For the cost of mowing two lawns you can get yourself something decent.

Where I live, everyone has riding mowers bro. I may have to work with my brother for a day.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Riou View Post
Logisys is not a good brand to be honest. I doubt it was truly a 575W PSU. Brands like Logisys are why people overreact and by 1200W PSU just to power a GTX 460.
Iiiiiiiiiiii know this.
Did you not detect the sarcasm in the "300w on the 12v Rail" post?

EDIT: And yes, I'm sitting at stock for now.
Edited by MR KROGOTH - 6/1/11 at 12:16pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon w3680 Gigabyte X58A-UD3R GTX 295 Engineering Samples 2X Corsair XMS3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Sandisk SSD Seagate Corsair H50 W7 Ult 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardCase
Viewsonic VA1912wb Viewsonic VA912b K350 CM HAF 
Mouse
Logitech M570 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon w3680 Gigabyte X58A-UD3R GTX 295 Engineering Samples 2X Corsair XMS3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Sandisk SSD Seagate Corsair H50 W7 Ult 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardCase
Viewsonic VA1912wb Viewsonic VA912b K350 CM HAF 
Mouse
Logitech M570 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR KROGOTH View Post
Did you not detect the sarcasm in the "300w on the 12v Rail" post?
Probably less. I doubt Keerda would spend the money for 25A worth of Schottky diodes.
post #24 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus2129 View Post
Probably less. I doubt Keerda would spend the money for 25A worth of Schottky diodes.
Which is what I'm thinking. There isn't a review for this particular PSU online - would you like for me to open it up and take a few pictures?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon w3680 Gigabyte X58A-UD3R GTX 295 Engineering Samples 2X Corsair XMS3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Sandisk SSD Seagate Corsair H50 W7 Ult 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardCase
Viewsonic VA1912wb Viewsonic VA912b K350 CM HAF 
Mouse
Logitech M570 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon w3680 Gigabyte X58A-UD3R GTX 295 Engineering Samples 2X Corsair XMS3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Sandisk SSD Seagate Corsair H50 W7 Ult 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardCase
Viewsonic VA1912wb Viewsonic VA912b K350 CM HAF 
Mouse
Logitech M570 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR KROGOTH View Post
Which is what I'm thinking. There isn't a review for this particular PSU online - would you like for me to open it up and take a few pictures?
Sure, though I'm pretty certain I know what we'll see.
post #26 of 29
Thread Starter 
Only writing on PCB was : [SH09413]

One 'fet was: [CS2N60]
http://huichuandianzi.en.alibaba.com...or_CS2N60.html

2x 'fet: [D209L]
http://www.elenota.pl/upload/D209L.pdf

2x Schottkey Barrier Diodes: [D83-004]
http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datashe...SAD83-004.html

There was one 'fet looking thing I couldn't see the writing on. Sorry.














There ya go.

Strangely...After blowing out all the dust and stuff...It's running the HDD fine. No lock-ups or respins HDD side.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon w3680 Gigabyte X58A-UD3R GTX 295 Engineering Samples 2X Corsair XMS3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Sandisk SSD Seagate Corsair H50 W7 Ult 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardCase
Viewsonic VA1912wb Viewsonic VA912b K350 CM HAF 
Mouse
Logitech M570 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon w3680 Gigabyte X58A-UD3R GTX 295 Engineering Samples 2X Corsair XMS3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Sandisk SSD Seagate Corsair H50 W7 Ult 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardCase
Viewsonic VA1912wb Viewsonic VA912b K350 CM HAF 
Mouse
Logitech M570 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 29
Crappy half-bridge unit, presumably from Keerda (who I've heard to Logisys' low end stuff... which is all of it).

Barely a transient filter, that's 4 Y capacitors and an inductor.

Cheap fuse for SCP, rather than a controller with SCP and OPP.

The three fets on the primary heatsink, the matched pair is the switchers, the lone one is for the +5VSB.

6A bridge rectifier, that's ok. Better than four 3A diodes.

Couldn't ID the primary caps, all their label information is on the side facing the heatsink. However, note the lack of venting creases. This is an ultra cheap brand, no doubt about it; *everyone* creases their cap tops.

The two Schottkies are for the +5V and +3.3V, and are good for 30A each.

The smaller Schottky in-between them is for the +12V. Could you try some different light angles to get the part #?

Group regulated, of course. Couldn't ID the secondary caps, too blurry.





It's crap good for 250-300W, ripple probably out of spec by 100W.
post #28 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus2129 View Post
Crappy half-bridge unit, presumably from Keerda (who I've heard to Logisys' low end stuff... which is all of it).

Barely a transient filter, that's 4 Y capacitors and an inductor.

Cheap fuse for SCP, rather than a controller with SCP and OPP.

The three fets on the primary heatsink, the matched pair is the switchers, the lone one is for the +5VSB.

6A bridge rectifier, that's ok. Better than four 3A diodes.

Couldn't ID the primary caps, all their label information is on the side facing the heatsink. However, note the lack of venting creases. This is an ultra cheap brand, no doubt about it; *everyone* creases their cap tops.

The two Schottkies are for the +5V and +3.3V, and are good for 30A each.

The smaller Schottky in-between them is for the +12V. Could you try some different light angles to get the part #?

Group regulated, of course. Couldn't ID the secondary caps, too blurry.





It's crap good for 250-300W, ripple probably out of spec by 100W.
So Pics of the smaller caps, along with the middle one? The middle Diode is almost impossible. I couldn't even get it by looking at it, the coil is in the way at all angles.

So if your saying its prolly a 250-300w unit, is it surprising it hasn't blown up yet?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon w3680 Gigabyte X58A-UD3R GTX 295 Engineering Samples 2X Corsair XMS3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Sandisk SSD Seagate Corsair H50 W7 Ult 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardCase
Viewsonic VA1912wb Viewsonic VA912b K350 CM HAF 
Mouse
Logitech M570 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon w3680 Gigabyte X58A-UD3R GTX 295 Engineering Samples 2X Corsair XMS3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Sandisk SSD Seagate Corsair H50 W7 Ult 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardCase
Viewsonic VA1912wb Viewsonic VA912b K350 CM HAF 
Mouse
Logitech M570 
  hide details  
Reply
post #29 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR KROGOTH View Post
So Pics of the smaller caps, along with the middle one? The middle Diode is almost impossible. I couldn't even get it by looking at it, the coil is in the way at all angles.

So if your saying its prolly a 250-300w unit, is it surprising it hasn't blown up yet?
With your system? Not really, or only slightly. You're pulling maybe 200W tops when stress testing, usually 100-150W.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Power Supplies
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Power Supplies › Power Supply losing power supplying capabilities over time?