Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [FZ] Modern Warfare 3 - No dedicated servers
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[FZ] Modern Warfare 3 - No dedicated servers - Page 5  

post #41 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98uk View Post
Whatever happened to rational thought?
Welcome to the internet.
Main
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K Gigabyte P67 UD5 r7970 BEDD Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial C300 256gb EK HF supreme full copper Win 7 Ultimate 120hz 1920x1080 23" LG 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky ocn edition 1000w Corsair hx Corsair 800D G9x 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries I-2 AKG K702 
  hide details  
Main
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K Gigabyte P67 UD5 r7970 BEDD Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial C300 256gb EK HF supreme full copper Win 7 Ultimate 120hz 1920x1080 23" LG 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky ocn edition 1000w Corsair hx Corsair 800D G9x 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries I-2 AKG K702 
  hide details  
post #42 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98uk View Post
As if the bulk of the forum gaming community is of respectable background. It's full of teenage PC trolls that brown-nose OCN channel. Also, your comment proves the point that people tend to mostly buy BF3 games not because they are good, but more down to the fact other people get it. Join the bandwagon much?


I love BF and am not a great fan of CoD, but even I see how silly your comment is!
Well I do respect quite a few opinions of the forums gaming community - mostly due to the fact that they tend to scrutinize games more systematically and give valid reason for why they like or dislike the game.

If you go on videos on youtube of new release games (well at the time said video was released) like Prototype, you'll see initial comments on those videos proclaiming a game like Prototype to be one of the top best games in recent times just because "You can kill stuff and it looks cool" and "graphics are epicly real"... These sorts of posts are rampent on youtube.

And I don't see how my post proves what you think it does. Most BF3 players are looking for something different. It seems that quite a lot are impressed by the new engine the new game has to offer... I believe that is its selling point
post #43 of 51
OK, MW2 was meh. It was fun but the servers sucked. Black Ops is just plain terrible. As 2nd post says, this is the end of the CoD Franchise, they killed the PC market. Battlefield 3 anyone?

Where is the boycott chart? I think the PC community will actually hold true with this one.

Back to my gaming roots, it all began on BF1942.
 
Family Rig
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Silicon Lottery i7 4790k 4.8 GHz Asus Maxiumus VII Hero Asus GTX 970 4GB Strix 16 GBKingston Hyper X 1600 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Neutron XT 480 GB [2] WD Red 2TB [Data] [1] WD Black 1TB [Games] Corsair H80i w/ NF-F12 Fans 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro Asus VG248QE 120 Hz Lightboost Enabled Razer Blackwidow Corsair AX760 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Fractal Design Define R4 Logitech G502 AudioEngine D1 DAC ATM-M50 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Asus 990FX Sabertooth PNY GTX 570 1280 MB 6 GB Corsair DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 500 GB LG DVD R/W Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Windows 7 Pro 
MonitorPowerCase
Acer 21.5" 1080p Corsair CS650M NZXT Source 210 
  hide details  
 
Family Rig
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Silicon Lottery i7 4790k 4.8 GHz Asus Maxiumus VII Hero Asus GTX 970 4GB Strix 16 GBKingston Hyper X 1600 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Neutron XT 480 GB [2] WD Red 2TB [Data] [1] WD Black 1TB [Games] Corsair H80i w/ NF-F12 Fans 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro Asus VG248QE 120 Hz Lightboost Enabled Razer Blackwidow Corsair AX760 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Fractal Design Define R4 Logitech G502 AudioEngine D1 DAC ATM-M50 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Asus 990FX Sabertooth PNY GTX 570 1280 MB 6 GB Corsair DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 500 GB LG DVD R/W Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Windows 7 Pro 
MonitorPowerCase
Acer 21.5" 1080p Corsair CS650M NZXT Source 210 
  hide details  
post #44 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98uk View Post
Whatever happened to rational thought?
It died somewhere in the year 2009.
Companion Box
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 960T 870 Extreme3 R2.0 AMD 280x 12gb G..Skill 1333 mhz DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120gb Intel 520 ssd + SAMSUNG 150 GB + Samsung... TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-S182M ATA D Xigmatek S1283 Windows 8 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
23.6" AOC E2461FWH Logitech Internet 350 Keyboard Corsair VX550W Shinobi FC-SH09A 
MouseAudio
Logitech Mouse Asus Xonar DX 
  hide details  
Companion Box
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 960T 870 Extreme3 R2.0 AMD 280x 12gb G..Skill 1333 mhz DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120gb Intel 520 ssd + SAMSUNG 150 GB + Samsung... TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-S182M ATA D Xigmatek S1283 Windows 8 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
23.6" AOC E2461FWH Logitech Internet 350 Keyboard Corsair VX550W Shinobi FC-SH09A 
MouseAudio
Logitech Mouse Asus Xonar DX 
  hide details  
post #45 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renton81 View Post
Well I do respect quite a few opinions of the forums gaming community - mostly due to the fact that they tend to scrutinize games more systematically and give valid reason for why they like or dislike the game.
I believe the rest of what you say, but I hate to say it, but over the last few years OCN has descended from rational thinking and debate into a rather mind numbing place where people bash each other for liking something, such as CoD or Apple.

Most folk here are just as immature as those they proclaim to be better than. Why can't everyone just accept that different people like different things. All this "fanboyism" and hate for others is immature and childish.

I miss the OCN of old.

EDIT: Just look at the post above mine. Is that the kind of talk that users have descended too. This is why I have no respect left in PC gaming or these sorts of forum communities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogy56 View Post
Do I smell crappy console port?
post #46 of 51
I didn't read the entire thread so I don't know what this argument is about but if MW3 indeed doesn't support dedicated servers, it's only a matter of time until it becomes hacker infested. It only takes a few stupid hackers to ruin it for EVERYONE.
x58
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
920 D0 (#3845B260) 4.2Ghz / HT on 1.3v Asus P6T Deluxe v2 Sapphire 7950 3GB 8GB DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SSD 840 Evo 1TB Swiftech H20-220 Edge Win10 x64 Dell U2410 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
LZ-MX Mini Corsair HX850 Silverstone TJ-09B Corsair Harpoon 
Audio
ASUS Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
x58
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
920 D0 (#3845B260) 4.2Ghz / HT on 1.3v Asus P6T Deluxe v2 Sapphire 7950 3GB 8GB DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SSD 840 Evo 1TB Swiftech H20-220 Edge Win10 x64 Dell U2410 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
LZ-MX Mini Corsair HX850 Silverstone TJ-09B Corsair Harpoon 
Audio
ASUS Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
post #47 of 51
Why would they do this again? In the PC world you need dedicated servers.
Herp
(1 item)
 
  
Other
Dolla Billz Yall! 
  hide details  
Herp
(1 item)
 
  
Other
Dolla Billz Yall! 
  hide details  
post #48 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadMau5 View Post

The best things come in 3's
Except hernias
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820K @4.4ghz Asus X99-S EVGA GTX680 2GB 32GB Crucial 2133MHz DDR4 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
120GB Samsung 830 | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 6TB... Noctua NH-D14 Windows 8.1 Achieva Shimian 27" 1440p 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
Dell U2311h (Portrait) Corsair HX520 NZXT Phantom White Asus Xonar D2X -> Samson SR850 or HiFi 
  hide details  
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820K @4.4ghz Asus X99-S EVGA GTX680 2GB 32GB Crucial 2133MHz DDR4 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
120GB Samsung 830 | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 6TB... Noctua NH-D14 Windows 8.1 Achieva Shimian 27" 1440p 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
Dell U2311h (Portrait) Corsair HX520 NZXT Phantom White Asus Xonar D2X -> Samson SR850 or HiFi 
  hide details  
post #49 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98uk View Post
I believe the rest of what you say, but I hate to say it, but over the last few years OCN has descended from rational thinking and debate into a rather mind numbing place where people bash each other for liking something, such as CoD or Apple.

Most folk here are just as immature as those they proclaim to be better than. Why can't everyone just accept that different people like different things. All this "fanboyism" and hate for others is immature and childish.

I miss the OCN of old.

EDIT: Just look at the post above mine. Is that the kind of talk that users have descended too. This is why I have no respect left in PC gaming or these sorts of forum communities.

This is what happens when online communities get very large.
post #50 of 51
damn people really take this stuff serious lol
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom ii b55 x4 3.5 msi GD65 HISSSS 6950 8GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB green windows 7 x64 ultimate 19 INCh 1360x768 1080 Hec power supply 
Case
Idk 
  hide details  
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom ii b55 x4 3.5 msi GD65 HISSSS 6950 8GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB green windows 7 x64 ultimate 19 INCh 1360x768 1080 Hec power supply 
Case
Idk 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [FZ] Modern Warfare 3 - No dedicated servers