I just moved into a new place this week and the outlet situation is much less than ideal. There is one grounded outlet in the whole house that isn't being used by appliances. I got some adapters that have a little metal loop that connects the ground of a power cable to the small bolt that holds the faceplate of the outlet on. All of my electronics are plugged in to either an APC power strip or APC UPS. What concerns me is that the "site wiring fault" light on all of the power strips/UPS are on. I know that the adapters don't a good ground, but it is better than nothing, I'm just concerned for the well being of my hardware. Is there much danger from using these kind of adapters? Will my power strips/UPS do a good job protecting my electronics even if the ground is less than good?
post #1 of 7
6/2/11 at 4:41pm