Overclock.net › Forums › Mobile Computing Forum › Phones › Google vs Apple App Markets
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Google vs Apple App Markets  

post #1 of 84
Thread Starter 
Let the discussion begin !

At the moment Apple is still ahead in number of apps .

Plus the apps on the Apple market are more developed and work better than the android counter parts.

The problem with the android market is this

http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/01/m...26-deleteriou/

I know Apple has an approval process on apps but where is the approval process for the Android market ?

Another interesting read is this :

http://thisismynext.com/2011/06/02/m...blur-save-day/
Edited by Benny99 - 6/3/11 at 1:34am
post #2 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny99 View Post
Let the discussion begin !

At the moment Apple is still ahead in number of apps .

Plus the apps on the Apple market are more developed and work better than the android counter parts.

The problem with the android market is this

http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/01/m...26-deleteriou/

I know Apple has an approval process on apps but where is the approval process for the Android market ?
Not another Apple Fanboy.... Too many of you to begin with.
1. iOS has been out longer than Android. So, obviously it would make sense that iOS has more apps than Android. Duh?
2."work better than the android counter parts" is obviously your opinion. To analyze it logically, most apps are created by developers, not Apple or Android. So, obviously, there are good Apple apps, and good Android apps.

Shouldn't you be out saving up that $600 for the next iPhone?
Ol' Betsy
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1090t @ 4GHz ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 @ 2.6GHz CPU/NB msi twin frozer 750 ti 2x4GB G.Skill Sniper 1600 CL9 @ 1600Mhz 8-9-8-2... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Force GT 120GB Samsung Spinpoint 320GB LiteOn DVD Burner Noctua NH-D14 (Lapped) 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
4x140mm Cooler Master R4-S4S-10AK-GP (Case Fans) Stock Case Fans: 4x120mm, 1x180mm Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Dell ST2210B 21.5" 1080P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Cordless Wave SeaSonic x650 Enermax Fulmo Advance Logitech MX 1100 
  hide details  
Ol' Betsy
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1090t @ 4GHz ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 @ 2.6GHz CPU/NB msi twin frozer 750 ti 2x4GB G.Skill Sniper 1600 CL9 @ 1600Mhz 8-9-8-2... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Force GT 120GB Samsung Spinpoint 320GB LiteOn DVD Burner Noctua NH-D14 (Lapped) 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
4x140mm Cooler Master R4-S4S-10AK-GP (Case Fans) Stock Case Fans: 4x120mm, 1x180mm Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Dell ST2210B 21.5" 1080P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Cordless Wave SeaSonic x650 Enermax Fulmo Advance Logitech MX 1100 
  hide details  
post #3 of 84
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie310 View Post
Not another Apple Fanboy.... Too many of you to begin with.
1. iOS has been out longer than Android. So, obviously it would make sense that iOS has more apps than Android. Duh?
2."work better than the android counter parts" is obviously your opinion. To analyze it logically, most apps are created by developers, not Apple or Android. So, obviously, there are good Apple apps, and good Android apps.

Shouldn't you be out saving up that $600 for the next iPhone?
Apple fan boy is that all you have to say ?

The fact that Google doesn't have an approval process for apps means that more malicious apps are bound to show up on the android market .

And i think we can all agree that is crappy for the consumer .

Have a read of my second link
Edited by Benny99 - 6/3/11 at 1:53am
post #4 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny99 View Post
Apple fan boy is that all you have to say ?

The fact that Google doesn't have an approval process for apps means that more malicious apps are bound to show up on the android market .
Ummmm.....I'm pretty sure I said more than "apple fan boy". But, I guess some people only see what they want to see.

Yea, you should switch to Mac OS from Windows 7 cuz Mac is better. Why? Because Windows 7 has more malicious apps and programs. LOL. Great logic.
Ol' Betsy
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1090t @ 4GHz ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 @ 2.6GHz CPU/NB msi twin frozer 750 ti 2x4GB G.Skill Sniper 1600 CL9 @ 1600Mhz 8-9-8-2... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Force GT 120GB Samsung Spinpoint 320GB LiteOn DVD Burner Noctua NH-D14 (Lapped) 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
4x140mm Cooler Master R4-S4S-10AK-GP (Case Fans) Stock Case Fans: 4x120mm, 1x180mm Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Dell ST2210B 21.5" 1080P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Cordless Wave SeaSonic x650 Enermax Fulmo Advance Logitech MX 1100 
  hide details  
Ol' Betsy
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1090t @ 4GHz ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 @ 2.6GHz CPU/NB msi twin frozer 750 ti 2x4GB G.Skill Sniper 1600 CL9 @ 1600Mhz 8-9-8-2... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Force GT 120GB Samsung Spinpoint 320GB LiteOn DVD Burner Noctua NH-D14 (Lapped) 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
4x140mm Cooler Master R4-S4S-10AK-GP (Case Fans) Stock Case Fans: 4x120mm, 1x180mm Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Dell ST2210B 21.5" 1080P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Cordless Wave SeaSonic x650 Enermax Fulmo Advance Logitech MX 1100 
  hide details  
post #5 of 84
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie310 View Post
Ummmm.....I'm pretty sure I said more than "apple fan boy". But, I guess some people only see what they want to see.

Yea, you should switch to Mac OS from Windows 7 cuz Mac is better. Why? Because Windows 7 has more malicious apps and programs. LOL. Great logic.
I said nothing about switching . You brought that up .

You cant compare Windows and Mac to the mobile operating systems.

Have a read of the second link , you only need to read the first paragraph

Its quite obvious that Apple has higher quality control when it comes to the app market.
Edited by Benny99 - 6/3/11 at 2:04am
post #6 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny99 View Post
I said nothing about switching .

You cant compare Windows and Mac to the mobile operating systems.

Have a read of the second link , you only need to read the first paragraph
Wow! You completely missed my point. My point: because something is less susceptible to malware doesn't necessarily make it better.

EDIT: What's the point of the 2nd article? Of course, if you download alot of sheet apps and programs, it's gonna slow your system down. Just like Windows. Nothing new there. You say Apple apps are better because they regulate. Think if Windows7 only allowed "approved" programs to install. That would be horrid. It would make your PC more safer. But, for those of us not dumb, we prefer to have full control. Same thing with Android. You can install anything you want. Hell, you can make your own programs. So, of course, it's gonna be more susceptible.
Edited by charlie310 - 6/3/11 at 2:11am
Ol' Betsy
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1090t @ 4GHz ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 @ 2.6GHz CPU/NB msi twin frozer 750 ti 2x4GB G.Skill Sniper 1600 CL9 @ 1600Mhz 8-9-8-2... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Force GT 120GB Samsung Spinpoint 320GB LiteOn DVD Burner Noctua NH-D14 (Lapped) 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
4x140mm Cooler Master R4-S4S-10AK-GP (Case Fans) Stock Case Fans: 4x120mm, 1x180mm Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Dell ST2210B 21.5" 1080P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Cordless Wave SeaSonic x650 Enermax Fulmo Advance Logitech MX 1100 
  hide details  
Ol' Betsy
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1090t @ 4GHz ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 @ 2.6GHz CPU/NB msi twin frozer 750 ti 2x4GB G.Skill Sniper 1600 CL9 @ 1600Mhz 8-9-8-2... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Force GT 120GB Samsung Spinpoint 320GB LiteOn DVD Burner Noctua NH-D14 (Lapped) 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
4x140mm Cooler Master R4-S4S-10AK-GP (Case Fans) Stock Case Fans: 4x120mm, 1x180mm Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Dell ST2210B 21.5" 1080P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Cordless Wave SeaSonic x650 Enermax Fulmo Advance Logitech MX 1100 
  hide details  
post #7 of 84
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie310 View Post
Wow! You completely missed my point. My point: because something is less susceptible to malware doesn't necessarily make it better.
Sure that's fair enough .

However the fact that their is no approval process from Google means that quality control on apps is nowhere near to the same standard as Apple.

This allows more crap to be thrown on the market and less quality apps are bound to occur .
post #8 of 84
Unsubscribed! This is worse than Console-Hater threads. Who is dumb enough to d/l malware android apps and/or bloatware?
Ol' Betsy
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1090t @ 4GHz ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 @ 2.6GHz CPU/NB msi twin frozer 750 ti 2x4GB G.Skill Sniper 1600 CL9 @ 1600Mhz 8-9-8-2... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Force GT 120GB Samsung Spinpoint 320GB LiteOn DVD Burner Noctua NH-D14 (Lapped) 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
4x140mm Cooler Master R4-S4S-10AK-GP (Case Fans) Stock Case Fans: 4x120mm, 1x180mm Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Dell ST2210B 21.5" 1080P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Cordless Wave SeaSonic x650 Enermax Fulmo Advance Logitech MX 1100 
  hide details  
Ol' Betsy
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1090t @ 4GHz ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 @ 2.6GHz CPU/NB msi twin frozer 750 ti 2x4GB G.Skill Sniper 1600 CL9 @ 1600Mhz 8-9-8-2... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Force GT 120GB Samsung Spinpoint 320GB LiteOn DVD Burner Noctua NH-D14 (Lapped) 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
4x140mm Cooler Master R4-S4S-10AK-GP (Case Fans) Stock Case Fans: 4x120mm, 1x180mm Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Dell ST2210B 21.5" 1080P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Cordless Wave SeaSonic x650 Enermax Fulmo Advance Logitech MX 1100 
  hide details  
post #9 of 84
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie310 View Post
Unsubscribed! This is worse than Console-Hater threads. Who is dumb enough to d/l malware android apps and/or bloatware?
People who aren't as smart as you
post #10 of 84
Fight fight fight fight
Tiny Iron
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500k @ 4.95 1.35v MSI P67A G45 B3 Palit Jetstream GTX 680 4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz 2x4GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair Force 3 120GB Corsair H100 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Asus VE278 1920x1080 27" LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G11 Antec Trupower 650W Corsair Carbide 500r Logitech MX518 
Mouse PadAudio
OCZ Behemoth X-Fi Fatal1ty W/ Logitech 5.1 
  hide details  
Tiny Iron
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500k @ 4.95 1.35v MSI P67A G45 B3 Palit Jetstream GTX 680 4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz 2x4GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair Force 3 120GB Corsair H100 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Asus VE278 1920x1080 27" LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G11 Antec Trupower 650W Corsair Carbide 500r Logitech MX518 
Mouse PadAudio
OCZ Behemoth X-Fi Fatal1ty W/ Logitech 5.1 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Phones
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Mobile Computing Forum › Phones › Google vs Apple App Markets