Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Case for 120 or less
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Case for 120 or less - Page 3

post #21 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud007 View Post
The ones I mentioned in my thread were ones that I found while browsing newegg. Its hardly a thorough list. At the time I wrote that, as well as now, the HAF 932 is $150-170ish. If I saw it for $100 or so, I woulda bought it n never made this thread XD Out of curiosity, where did you find such a deal on yours?

HAF 932 is stylish, not in the sleek elegant way, but in the clean mesh way

HAF 922 isnt painted on the back or inside. Perhaps being nitpicky, but thats something Id really only expect in a $40 case XD (actually a recent build I made with a $35 case is black interior XD).
Actually they frequently go on sale for like $129 shipped. Had they been $170 I know I would have waited off as well.
BlueMonster
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 950 (batch 3041A657) Gigabyte x58-ud3r XFX HD6970 2Gb Crossfire Corsair Dominator 6gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
C-300 64 Gb In Raid, WD 500Gb in Raid DVD/CD RW Windows 7 64bit Asus VE248H 1 over 3 Eyefinity with Ergotech Stand 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech 510 Corsair HX850 Cooler Master HAF 932 (mod'd AMD version) Razer Naga 
  hide details  
Reply
BlueMonster
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 950 (batch 3041A657) Gigabyte x58-ud3r XFX HD6970 2Gb Crossfire Corsair Dominator 6gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
C-300 64 Gb In Raid, WD 500Gb in Raid DVD/CD RW Windows 7 64bit Asus VE248H 1 over 3 Eyefinity with Ergotech Stand 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech 510 Corsair HX850 Cooler Master HAF 932 (mod'd AMD version) Razer Naga 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDS View Post
Actually they frequently go on sale for like $129 shipped. Had they been $170 I know I would have waited off as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDS View Post
I will also suggest the HAF 932. I have two of them, and my wife has the Storm Scout. The Scout runs hotter overall and has limited room in it. My cases are nice and cool, and lots of room to work.

IMO, you can have pretty but then temps will be higher, I like the trade off the HAF gives. Check mine out in my sig links.. I spiced up the AMD version and have been very happy with it.
I agree that some "pretty" cases can also have higher temps., due to less airflow.
Your HAF 932 AMD version looks sharp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud007 View Post
The ones I mentioned in my thread were ones that I found while browsing newegg. Its hardly a thorough list. At the time I wrote that, as well as now, the HAF 932 is $150-170ish. If I saw it for $100 or so, I woulda bought it n never made this thread XD Out of curiosity, where did you find such a deal on yours?

HAF 932 is stylish, not in the sleek elegant way, but in the clean mesh way

HAF 922 isnt painted on the back or inside. Perhaps being nitpicky, but thats something Id really only expect in a $40 case XD (actually a recent build I made with a $35 case is black interior XD).
I bought mine from this site, NCIX, which had the HAF 932 BE (Black Edition) on sale, plus there was a Coolermaster $USD20 mir on top of that, so it was just under a hundred bucks.
Currently, the BE is not on sale, but the HAF 932 Advanced is:
http://www.ncixus.com/products/?sku=...R&promoid=1343
No mir from Coolermaster this time though.
The Advanced doesn't have the full side window that my BE does, (see link in sig.) but it is fully painted black, has usb3, etc.
They have sales every week, and so does Newegg, so the prices should drop again, as well as Coolermaster's rebate offer.
Here is an example of the variations of the different HAF 932 versions, as well as the HAF X variations, which side panels are interchangeable with the 932:
http://www.overclock.net/13678836-post14154.html
A lot of choices there, even before doing any modding.
Edited by DerComissar - 6/5/11 at 2:12pm
post #23 of 25
Thread Starter 
TBH, Im avoiding buying directly from NCIX. Would be lovely if they opened a warehouse in the US. But as of currently, shipping makes every good deal they have mediocre at best, in other cases, outright horrid (the case you linked, great deal... $75 shipping :[)
post #24 of 25
The 932 is gigantic. Unless you absolutely need the space (3+ VGA setup) get a mid tower.

IMO, the 690 II is the best mid-tower in your price range. It has great cable management, can handle really long VGAs (304mm clearance), cools well, and has a black interior.

Sent from my ADR6300
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k ASUS P8P67 Pro Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC 4GB 12GB DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 50GB + Spinpoint F4 2TB LG DVD Burner Windows 8.1 x64 Dell U2211H 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Panasonic TC-50PS64 CM QuickFire TK - MX Blues Corsair TX650v2 CM 690 II Advanced 
Mouse
Razer Deathadder 2013 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k ASUS P8P67 Pro Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC 4GB 12GB DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 50GB + Spinpoint F4 2TB LG DVD Burner Windows 8.1 x64 Dell U2211H 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Panasonic TC-50PS64 CM QuickFire TK - MX Blues Corsair TX650v2 CM 690 II Advanced 
Mouse
Razer Deathadder 2013 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30kid View Post
The 932 is gigantic. Unless you absolutely need the space (3+ VGA setup) get a mid tower.

IMO, the 690 II is the best mid-tower in your price range. It has great cable management, can handle really long VGAs (304mm clearance), cools well, and has a black interior.

Sent from my ADR6300
I replaced my 690II Advanced with a 932 BE
Not knocking the 690II, I did need a bigger case, and the top-mount psu option allowed me to have a triple-slot cooler on each 480.
The 932 BE and Advanced has a black interior as well.
The 690II is a good-looking case and reasonably-priced, in my opinion.
But, aside from the huge increase in space, the 932 is made out of heavier-gauge steel and a lot sturdier in comparison. But, there are no fine-mesh dust filters on the 932 though. I robbed the fine mesh pieces off the 690II and ghetto-fitted them onto the 932

However, looking at the current cost for Cloud007 to get a 932, unless Newegg puts them on sale, the 690II may be a better buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud007 View Post
TBH, Im avoiding buying directly from NCIX. Would be lovely if they opened a warehouse in the US. But as of currently, shipping makes every good deal they have mediocre at best, in other cases, outright horrid (the case you linked, great deal... $75 shipping :[)
$75 shipping? Ouch
I didn't know NCIX only shipped from Canada. Not worth it, that's for sure.
As I mentioned above, it would be good if Newegg put the 932 on a good sale price, but who knows when they will again.
I don't know if any other stores in your area have any 932's at a reasonable cost.
The 690II e30kid mentioned is an option, it's reasonably priced. But I have no regrets swapping out my former 690II for the 932.
Keep checking out those sales!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Case for 120 or less