Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › The witcher 2: Takes a big dump on DX11, and puts any DX10/11 game to shame.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The witcher 2: Takes a big dump on DX11, and puts any DX10/11 game to shame. - Page 5

post #41 of 51
i'm running 3x570s on a ud7+2600k and i'm getting around 40+ fps on average.

with everything on max including uber... but is there an actual benchmark for tw2? cause i haven't seen it

my 590 dips fps to 30 sometimes; under that on occasion
Galbus
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 G... ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII EXTREME LGA 1151 Intel Z1... 3x MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition  2x [Trident Z] F4-3600C16D-16GTZKW 16-16-16-36... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
Plextor M8Pe AIC 1TB PCI-Express 3.0 x4 MLC Int... Plextor M8Pe AIC 1TB PCI-Express 3.0 x4 MLC Int... LG BH16NS40 Blu-ray Card Reader: Rosewill RDCR-11003 - 3.5" 74-in-1... 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Custom Ultra cool passive heatsink Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ViewSonic XG2703-GS Black 27" 4ms (GTG) IPS G-S... Das Keyboard 4 Professional Mechanical Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CORSAIR AXi Series AX1500i Digital 1500W 80 PLU... Corsair Obsidian 750D Black Aluminum / Steel AT... Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum Logitech 
AudioOtherOtherOther
onboard Canon i-SENSYS LBP7680Cx (5089B014) Duplex 9600... Canon imageFORMULA DR-F120 (9017B002) 600 dpi U... Brother Personal Plain Paper Fax Machine, FAX-575 
  hide details  
Reply
Galbus
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 G... ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII EXTREME LGA 1151 Intel Z1... 3x MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition  2x [Trident Z] F4-3600C16D-16GTZKW 16-16-16-36... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
Plextor M8Pe AIC 1TB PCI-Express 3.0 x4 MLC Int... Plextor M8Pe AIC 1TB PCI-Express 3.0 x4 MLC Int... LG BH16NS40 Blu-ray Card Reader: Rosewill RDCR-11003 - 3.5" 74-in-1... 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Custom Ultra cool passive heatsink Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ViewSonic XG2703-GS Black 27" 4ms (GTG) IPS G-S... Das Keyboard 4 Professional Mechanical Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CORSAIR AXi Series AX1500i Digital 1500W 80 PLU... Corsair Obsidian 750D Black Aluminum / Steel AT... Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum Logitech 
AudioOtherOtherOther
onboard Canon i-SENSYS LBP7680Cx (5089B014) Duplex 9600... Canon imageFORMULA DR-F120 (9017B002) 600 dpi U... Brother Personal Plain Paper Fax Machine, FAX-575 
  hide details  
Reply
post #42 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by badatgames18 View Post
i'm running 3x570s on a ud7+2600k and i'm getting around 40+ fps on average.

with everything on max including uber... but is there an actual benchmark for tw2? cause i haven't seen it

my 590 dips fps to 30 sometimes; under that on occasion
What resolution?
post #43 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlocke View Post
Sure you can 'brah'. 6990/GTX 590 don't even get 40fps average with Ultra+Uber. Please link me to a benchmark that says otherwise.

I could see you getting 40fps at times, but no way 40fps average. You will constantly be dipping into the 20s and teens on your sig rig according to every TW2 benchmark out there. I would consider my quote dead-on. Dipping to those FPS is not exactly "handling" the game.
.

Lol, I love the authoritative tone regarding -my- FPS. I'm not lying to you, dude. Very rarely does the game dip into 20s or teens with uber on, and when it does happen, it's a quick stutter. Lowest average is in the low 30s. 40s is average, 50-60s is highest. Do you have TW2? Have you benched it yourself? I know a couple people who are playing with Ubersampling on and reporting the same FPS range as me, just from these forums. I think you've just got some bad/old information.
post #44 of 51
Works fine with two 580's in SLI at 2560x1600. Without Ubersampling of course, and no motion blur.

With Ubersampling on, frames dip a bit too low 30's, 20's during cutscenes.

However the shadow flicker doesn't change much with Ubersampling ON or OFF, there is no visible difference that I can see. They still flicker/move.

Anybody have some ultra config or tweaks for the shadows?
post #45 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by raizooor3 View Post
Works fine with two 580's in SLI at 2560x1600. Without Ubersampling of course, and no motion blur.

With Ubersampling on, frames dip a bit too low 30's, 20's during cutscenes.

However the shadow flicker doesn't change much with Ubersampling ON or OFF, there is no visible difference that I can see. They still flicker/move.
If they fixed most of the bugs I'll have to pick it up.
VR machine
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k  ASUS Z97I-Plus mITX ASUS GTX 1080 Ti Turbo 8G EVGA 1600 C9 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint 1TB Corsair H60 Windows 8.1 64 bit Sony HW45ES Projector w 120" Acoustically Trans... 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
VR- HTC VIVE  Razer Turret EVGA Supernova 550 G2 Corsair 250D 
AudioAudioAudio
Yamaha RX-V781 Emotiva A-700 and Airmotiv Speakers Dual SVS SB1000 Subs 
  hide details  
Reply
VR machine
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k  ASUS Z97I-Plus mITX ASUS GTX 1080 Ti Turbo 8G EVGA 1600 C9 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint 1TB Corsair H60 Windows 8.1 64 bit Sony HW45ES Projector w 120" Acoustically Trans... 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
VR- HTC VIVE  Razer Turret EVGA Supernova 550 G2 Corsair 250D 
AudioAudioAudio
Yamaha RX-V781 Emotiva A-700 and Airmotiv Speakers Dual SVS SB1000 Subs 
  hide details  
Reply
post #46 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucers View Post
Lol, I love the authoritative tone regarding -my- FPS. I'm not lying to you, dude. Very rarely does the game dip into 20s or teens with uber on, and when it does happen, it's a quick stutter. Lowest average is in the low 30s. 40s is average, 50-60s is highest. Do you have TW2? Have you benched it yourself? I know a couple people who are playing with Ubersampling on and reporting the same FPS range as me, just from these forums. I think you've just got some bad/old information.
Well, what you claim may not be impossible, but what did you have to sacrifice elsewhere to be running Ubersampling? Are you at 1080p, on Ultra, with AA and everything on? Consider the following bench/review ... wherein a single 6950 on Ultra w/Uber On at 1680x1050 only averages 20fps.

I have to say, it's a bit difficult to conceive of how 2x6850's could possibly be twice as fast at 1080p vs. a single 6950 at 1680x1050. The numbers simply do not 'add up'.

And then there's this review, conducted only a couple days ago, wherein they show that a 590 only averages 36fps using the ultra preset (includes uber on), and that's at 1680x1050. And this review furthermore states:

Interestingly, the HD 6990 was slower than the single-GPU GTX 580 when using the Ultra Spec quality preset. Although the 11.5a hotfix provides Crossfire support, we found that it was not working properly when using the Ultra Spec settings. As a result, we do not believe there is an AMD configuration that can handle UberSampling.

So, Murlocke's skepticism about your claim ... seems pretty well-founded IMHO

What I wanna know is when the hell they're gonna fix the SLI performance on this game? The constant FPS and GPU usage dips are friggin annoying as all get-out. Esp. when we know this perf issue can be fixed by changing the compatibility bit setting in the profile ... but that causes horrible lighting bleed (at least, with the bit values that've been discovered by regular users).
Edited by brettjv - 6/7/11 at 1:06am
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
xeon X5675 6-core @ 4.1ghz (1.29v, 20x205 +ht ) rampage iii extreme msi rx470 gaming X (the $159 budget king) 3 x 2gb corsair xms3 pc12800 (9-9-9-24-1T@1600MHz) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
hynix 250gb ssd (boot), 2tb deskstar (apps),1tb... plextor px-712sa - still the best optical drive... corsair h8o v2 aio W10 home 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
asus vw266h 25.5" (1920x1200) abs sl (enermax revolution) * single 70A rail 850w silverstone rv-03 XFi Titanium 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
xeon X5675 6-core @ 4.1ghz (1.29v, 20x205 +ht ) rampage iii extreme msi rx470 gaming X (the $159 budget king) 3 x 2gb corsair xms3 pc12800 (9-9-9-24-1T@1600MHz) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
hynix 250gb ssd (boot), 2tb deskstar (apps),1tb... plextor px-712sa - still the best optical drive... corsair h8o v2 aio W10 home 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
asus vw266h 25.5" (1920x1200) abs sl (enermax revolution) * single 70A rail 850w silverstone rv-03 XFi Titanium 
  hide details  
Reply
post #47 of 51
My 480 was only getting between 20-30 with uber enabled and everything else enabled/maxed @ 1920x1080 res. I haven't tried it yet with my new 580, but I don't expect any kind of serious jumps in frames since uber just down right murders any single card setup. And SLI or Crossfire for that matter. That is until they come out with better drivers for a dual card setup that is.
Red October
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition (C2) Asus Crosshair V Formula Asus GTX 680 DC2 4GB Mushkin Redline 8GB DDR3 2133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 & Western Digital 640 Black  LiteOn Blu-Ray & Lightscribe CD/DVD Corsair H100 Windows 7 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
23' Samsung LED XL2370 1920x1080 Ducky 9008-G2 OCN Edition (MX Brown) / Ducky Sh... Corsair 750HX Cooler Master HAF 932 - Paint Modded 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Razer Deathadder Sennheiser HD 595 X-Fi Titanium HD (Modded) Bravo Audio V1 rolled w/ Mastushita  
Audio
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 
  hide details  
Reply
Red October
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition (C2) Asus Crosshair V Formula Asus GTX 680 DC2 4GB Mushkin Redline 8GB DDR3 2133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 & Western Digital 640 Black  LiteOn Blu-Ray & Lightscribe CD/DVD Corsair H100 Windows 7 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
23' Samsung LED XL2370 1920x1080 Ducky 9008-G2 OCN Edition (MX Brown) / Ducky Sh... Corsair 750HX Cooler Master HAF 932 - Paint Modded 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Razer Deathadder Sennheiser HD 595 X-Fi Titanium HD (Modded) Bravo Audio V1 rolled w/ Mastushita  
Audio
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 
  hide details  
Reply
post #48 of 51
It looks good but "takes a big dump" is not true. Metro2033 looks just as good, although its very dark and hard to see while the Witcher has a much brighter color pallet. With Uber on it looks great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucers View Post
Lol, I love the authoritative tone regarding -my- FPS. I'm not lying to you, dude. Very rarely does the game dip into 20s or teens with uber on, and when it does happen, it's a quick stutter. Lowest average is in the low 30s. 40s is average, 50-60s is highest. Do you have TW2? Have you benched it yourself? I know a couple people who are playing with Ubersampling on and reporting the same FPS range as me, just from these forums. I think you've just got some bad/old information.
Just post some proof.
Edited by Mygaffer - 6/7/11 at 1:38am
SBD:
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770k Gigabyte ga-z77x-up4 tb EVGA GTX 980 SC 32GB G.SKILL Trident X F3-1600C7Q-32GTX  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD Western Digtal 2TB RE4 Plextor 24x DL Burner ThermalTake Water 2.0 Extreme 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit Acer XB270HU 2560x1440, IPS-type panel, 144hz, ... EIZO FG2421 1920x1080 VA 120Hz QuickFire Cherry Blue 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Lepa G1000 1kw Corsair 550D Logitech G400 Roccat Taito 
AudioAudio
Xonar Essence ST Niles SI-275 Amplifier 
  hide details  
Reply
SBD:
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770k Gigabyte ga-z77x-up4 tb EVGA GTX 980 SC 32GB G.SKILL Trident X F3-1600C7Q-32GTX  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD Western Digtal 2TB RE4 Plextor 24x DL Burner ThermalTake Water 2.0 Extreme 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit Acer XB270HU 2560x1440, IPS-type panel, 144hz, ... EIZO FG2421 1920x1080 VA 120Hz QuickFire Cherry Blue 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Lepa G1000 1kw Corsair 550D Logitech G400 Roccat Taito 
AudioAudio
Xonar Essence ST Niles SI-275 Amplifier 
  hide details  
Reply
post #49 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettjv View Post
Well, what you claim may not be impossible, but what did you have to sacrifice elsewhere to be running Ubersampling? Are you at 1080p, on Ultra, with AA and everything on? Consider the following bench/review ... wherein a single 6950 on Ultra w/Uber On at 1680x1050 only averages 20fps.

I have to say, it's a bit difficult to conceive of how 2x6850's could possibly be twice as fast at 1080p vs. a single 6950 at 1680x1050. The numbers simply do not 'add up'.

And then there's this review, conducted only a couple days ago, wherein they show that a 590 only averages 36fps using the ultra preset (includes uber on), and that's at 1680x1050. And this review furthermore states:

Interestingly, the HD 6990 was slower than the single-GPU GTX 580 when using the Ultra Spec quality preset. Although the 11.5a hotfix provides Crossfire support, we found that it was not working properly when using the Ultra Spec settings. As a result, we do not believe there is an AMD configuration that can handle UberSampling.

So, Murlocke's skepticism about your claim ... seems pretty well-founded IMHO
.
Obviously my config is tweaked - was tweaked, that is, because now I'm forced to use Dirt2 config to play due to blinding light bleed. I was running w/ mostly High, some Ultra specs (why would I have AA & Ubersampling on together?). When we get a proper driver fix I'll dispel this absurd claim that ubersampling = low 20's and teen FPS.
post #50 of 51
The Witcher 2 is a great example of the notion "it's not the guitar that makes the guitarist". I hope that 'taking a dump' was meant as hyperbole (especially when compared to BC2). I was disappointed that TW2 didn't use DX10/DX11 and it shows IMO. The DX9 pallet just does not do the metallic/shiny textures and shadow effects that DX10/11 can do; TW2 visuals would be complete wet dream gaga with those enhancements.
Edited by *AcidBath* - 6/7/11 at 8:35am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › The witcher 2: Takes a big dump on DX11, and puts any DX10/11 game to shame.