Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › GTX 570 Flashing
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

GTX 570 Flashing

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
I have a MSI GTX 570 and was looking at the support website.
There is apparently a newer bios for my card but i cant figure out how to flash my card.
The website says 'Users who download BIOS from here (not using Live Update) should use the flash utility included in the downloaded compressed file when doing the BIOS update' but there is no utility included.

http://www.msi.com/product/vga/N570GTX-M2D12D5.html#?div=BIOS

I have contacted MSI support but it more frustrating as they dont have a clue what im talking about.
So anyone able to help out? I dont want to go into bios editing, just update.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k GA-Z170-Gaming K3 MSI GTX 1080 Ti Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Vertex 4 512gb , Samsung Pro 850 1TB Window 10 64 Bit Dell S2716DG Microsoft Sidewinder 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA 1000W Fractal Design Define C Razer Death Adder Razer Manits Control 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k GA-Z170-Gaming K3 MSI GTX 1080 Ti Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Vertex 4 512gb , Samsung Pro 850 1TB Window 10 64 Bit Dell S2716DG Microsoft Sidewinder 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA 1000W Fractal Design Define C Razer Death Adder Razer Manits Control 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgawn;13758211 
I have a MSI GTX 570 and was looking at the support website.
There is apparently a newer bios for my card but i cant figure out how to flash my card.
The website says 'Users who download BIOS from here (not using Live Update) should use the flash utility included in the downloaded compressed file when doing the BIOS update' but there is no utility included.

http://www.msi.com/product/vga/N570GTX-M2D12D5.html#?div=BIOS

I have contacted MSI support but it more frustrating as they dont have a clue what im talking about.
So anyone able to help out? I dont want to go into bios editing, just update.

Download or Run those files and follow the prompts. Definetly worth it. If you down load, find it in the folder where it was down loaded and double click it open to start running. It'll be pretty straight foward.

Are you having problems doing it? Have you tried? Sometimes after the flash you don't think it's been flashed because when it's over there are no prompts confirming it was competed successfully.
     
  hide details  
Reply
     
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 10
AZ he's saying there is no utility to run in the downloaded file.

You could always try nvflash. Need to make a bootable USB stick though. There's a utility over at HP site that's real handy for that purpose.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
xeon X5675 6-core @ 4.1ghz (1.29v, 20x205 +ht ) rampage iii extreme msi rx470 gaming X (the $159 budget king) 3 x 2gb corsair xms3 pc12800 (9-9-9-24-1T@1600MHz) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
hynix 250gb ssd (boot), 2tb deskstar (apps),1tb... plextor px-712sa - still the best optical drive... corsair h8o v2 aio W10 home 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
asus vw266h 25.5" (1920x1200) abs sl (enermax revolution) * single 70A rail 850w silverstone rv-03 XFi Titanium 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
xeon X5675 6-core @ 4.1ghz (1.29v, 20x205 +ht ) rampage iii extreme msi rx470 gaming X (the $159 budget king) 3 x 2gb corsair xms3 pc12800 (9-9-9-24-1T@1600MHz) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
hynix 250gb ssd (boot), 2tb deskstar (apps),1tb... plextor px-712sa - still the best optical drive... corsair h8o v2 aio W10 home 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
asus vw266h 25.5" (1920x1200) abs sl (enermax revolution) * single 70A rail 850w silverstone rv-03 XFi Titanium 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 10
I am a bit confused why you want to flash your card.. I mean unless the new bios from MSI makes the card faster , or unlocks the voltage cap.. Seems like a waste of time.
post #5 of 10
Dont make a bootable disk, sorry Brett, do it from Windows. Ive done it 30+ times with no problems. Just put nvflash and its files along with the new BIOS .Bin or .rom in the root (C:/) of the hard drive, open command prompt, type "C:/" without the quotations, then type "nvflash.exe -nameofbiosfile.bin" and press enter, and follow the on screen steps.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon w3680 Gigabyte X58A-UD3R GTX 295 Engineering Samples 2X Corsair XMS3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Sandisk SSD Seagate Corsair H50 W7 Ult 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardCase
Viewsonic VA1912wb Viewsonic VA912b K350 CM HAF 
Mouse
Logitech M570 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon w3680 Gigabyte X58A-UD3R GTX 295 Engineering Samples 2X Corsair XMS3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Sandisk SSD Seagate Corsair H50 W7 Ult 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardCase
Viewsonic VA1912wb Viewsonic VA912b K350 CM HAF 
Mouse
Logitech M570 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capwn;13759264 
I am a bit confused why you want to flash your card.. I mean unless the new bios from MSI makes the card faster , or unlocks the voltage cap.. Seems like a waste of time.

I want to flash the card to the latest offical bios as it says on the MSI website it increases stability
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k GA-Z170-Gaming K3 MSI GTX 1080 Ti Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Vertex 4 512gb , Samsung Pro 850 1TB Window 10 64 Bit Dell S2716DG Microsoft Sidewinder 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA 1000W Fractal Design Define C Razer Death Adder Razer Manits Control 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k GA-Z170-Gaming K3 MSI GTX 1080 Ti Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Vertex 4 512gb , Samsung Pro 850 1TB Window 10 64 Bit Dell S2716DG Microsoft Sidewinder 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA 1000W Fractal Design Define C Razer Death Adder Razer Manits Control 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 10
as far as i can tell, there is a bios flash utility on msi's website, perhaps you just looked into the wrong download section. look for ''msi live update'' in utility section, not bios
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR KROGOTH;13759303 
Dont make a bootable disk, sorry Brett, do it from Windows. Ive done it 30+ times with no problems. Just put nvflash and its files along with the new BIOS .Bin or .rom in the root (C:/) of the hard drive, open command prompt, type "C:/" without the quotations, then type "nvflash.exe -nameofbiosfile.bin" and press enter, and follow the on screen steps.

Okay, maybe you don't 'have' to, but I would never flash a bios from Windows, personally wink.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
xeon X5675 6-core @ 4.1ghz (1.29v, 20x205 +ht ) rampage iii extreme msi rx470 gaming X (the $159 budget king) 3 x 2gb corsair xms3 pc12800 (9-9-9-24-1T@1600MHz) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
hynix 250gb ssd (boot), 2tb deskstar (apps),1tb... plextor px-712sa - still the best optical drive... corsair h8o v2 aio W10 home 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
asus vw266h 25.5" (1920x1200) abs sl (enermax revolution) * single 70A rail 850w silverstone rv-03 XFi Titanium 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
xeon X5675 6-core @ 4.1ghz (1.29v, 20x205 +ht ) rampage iii extreme msi rx470 gaming X (the $159 budget king) 3 x 2gb corsair xms3 pc12800 (9-9-9-24-1T@1600MHz) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
hynix 250gb ssd (boot), 2tb deskstar (apps),1tb... plextor px-712sa - still the best optical drive... corsair h8o v2 aio W10 home 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
asus vw266h 25.5" (1920x1200) abs sl (enermax revolution) * single 70A rail 850w silverstone rv-03 XFi Titanium 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by erik257;13767275 
as far as i can tell, there is a bios flash utility on msi's website, perhaps you just looked into the wrong download section. look for ''msi live update'' in utility section, not bios

The live update utility tells me i dont have to update the bios. But the Bios is have is an older version than on the MSI website. I dont get it.

Also, is there any way to reduce my 570 fan speed below 40C, thats all Afterburner lets me go too. I know it can be done with bios editiing but dont want to get into all that for fear of destroying my card smile.gif
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k GA-Z170-Gaming K3 MSI GTX 1080 Ti Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Vertex 4 512gb , Samsung Pro 850 1TB Window 10 64 Bit Dell S2716DG Microsoft Sidewinder 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA 1000W Fractal Design Define C Razer Death Adder Razer Manits Control 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k GA-Z170-Gaming K3 MSI GTX 1080 Ti Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Vertex 4 512gb , Samsung Pro 850 1TB Window 10 64 Bit Dell S2716DG Microsoft Sidewinder 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA 1000W Fractal Design Define C Razer Death Adder Razer Manits Control 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgawn;13768639 
The live update utility tells me i dont have to update the bios. But the Bios is have is an older version than on the MSI website. I dont get it.

Also, is there any way to reduce my 570 fan speed below 40C, thats all Afterburner lets me go too. I know it can be done with bios editiing but dont want to get into all that for fear of destroying my card smile.gif

hmm, strange msi's own software doesn't recognise their own bios update, lol, kinda ironic...but can you use the live update thing to apply bios manually anyway?

as regard to fan speed, i've only used afterburner before and 40% is dead silent for all my cards, is there really need to go down further? if you insist, then the only way i know is to mod your bios rolleyes.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › GTX 570 Flashing