Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Operating Systems › Linux, Unix › Make clone bootable
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Make clone bootable - Page 2

post #11 of 22
Thread Starter 
I have a problem now. When I try to reinstall I get to the welcome screen (where I can pick all the options, install, etc...) but it freezes. I have tried 2 fedora cd's, ubuntu cd, fedora usb, ubuntu usb. Every one freezes at the welcome screen.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution 2 x Asus GTX470 900/1800/1700 Corsair Vengence 8gb 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
120gb ssd, 4 x 1TB F3's Raid 0, 2TB F4 Backup Windows 7 Catleap 27 1440p Enermax Revolution 1050w 
Case
Case Labs M8 with pedestal  
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution 2 x Asus GTX470 900/1800/1700 Corsair Vengence 8gb 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
120gb ssd, 4 x 1TB F3's Raid 0, 2TB F4 Backup Windows 7 Catleap 27 1440p Enermax Revolution 1050w 
Case
Case Labs M8 with pedestal  
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somenamehere View Post
I have a problem now. When I try to reinstall I get to the welcome screen (where I can pick all the options, install, etc...) but it freezes. I have tried 2 fedora cd's, ubuntu cd, fedora usb, ubuntu usb. Every one freezes at the welcome screen.
You may have to install without a GUI [IE use an 'alternate install' CD].

IDK if fedora has one, but I know the *buntu's do

EDIT:

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/...-menu-x86.html

Is this what you see when you boot from the CD?
Edited by Bluescreen_Of_Death - 6/5/11 at 10:27pm
post #13 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluescreen_Of_Death View Post
You may have to install without a GUI [IE use an 'alternate install' CD].

IDK if fedora has one, but I know the *buntu's do
Any reason this would happen ? I used this exact cd twice to install fedora and it worked perfect.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution 2 x Asus GTX470 900/1800/1700 Corsair Vengence 8gb 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
120gb ssd, 4 x 1TB F3's Raid 0, 2TB F4 Backup Windows 7 Catleap 27 1440p Enermax Revolution 1050w 
Case
Case Labs M8 with pedestal  
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution 2 x Asus GTX470 900/1800/1700 Corsair Vengence 8gb 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
120gb ssd, 4 x 1TB F3's Raid 0, 2TB F4 Backup Windows 7 Catleap 27 1440p Enermax Revolution 1050w 
Case
Case Labs M8 with pedestal  
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somenamehere View Post
Any reason this would happen ? I used this exact cd twice to install fedora and it worked perfect.
So, you've confirmed that your sig PC can boot from the CD without hiccups?
post #15 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluescreen_Of_Death View Post
So, you've confirmed that your sig PC can boot from the CD without hiccups?
Yep its just this computer that wont.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution 2 x Asus GTX470 900/1800/1700 Corsair Vengence 8gb 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
120gb ssd, 4 x 1TB F3's Raid 0, 2TB F4 Backup Windows 7 Catleap 27 1440p Enermax Revolution 1050w 
Case
Case Labs M8 with pedestal  
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution 2 x Asus GTX470 900/1800/1700 Corsair Vengence 8gb 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
120gb ssd, 4 x 1TB F3's Raid 0, 2TB F4 Backup Windows 7 Catleap 27 1440p Enermax Revolution 1050w 
Case
Case Labs M8 with pedestal  
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somenamehere View Post
Yep its just this computer that wont.
Oh, so this is a different PC?

The kernel could be having issues finding the proper graphics driver, or the graphics driver might be having issues, so installing without a GUI can get the system up and running so we can troubleshoot from there.

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/...-menu-x86.html

Does the boot screen look like this when you boot from the CD/DVD?
post #17 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluescreen_Of_Death View Post
Oh, so this is a different PC?

The kernel could be having issues finding the proper graphics driver, or the graphics driver might be having issues, so installing without a GUI can get the system up and running so we can troubleshoot from there.

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/...-menu-x86.html

Does the boot screen look like this when you boot from the CD/DVD?
Yep it says welcome to fedora 14

automatic boot in 60 seconds and stays like that, cant move up, down, or press enter. I am using an integrated ati 4200 graphics card.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution 2 x Asus GTX470 900/1800/1700 Corsair Vengence 8gb 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
120gb ssd, 4 x 1TB F3's Raid 0, 2TB F4 Backup Windows 7 Catleap 27 1440p Enermax Revolution 1050w 
Case
Case Labs M8 with pedestal  
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution 2 x Asus GTX470 900/1800/1700 Corsair Vengence 8gb 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
120gb ssd, 4 x 1TB F3's Raid 0, 2TB F4 Backup Windows 7 Catleap 27 1440p Enermax Revolution 1050w 
Case
Case Labs M8 with pedestal  
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somenamehere View Post
Yep it says welcome to fedora 14

automatic boot in 60 seconds and stays like that, cant move up, down, or press enter. I am using an integrated ati 4200 graphics card.
Ah.

Well I can't seem to find anything on google about a fedora 14 install CD without the GUI, so IDK what to tell you other than to try a different distribution.

If you're willing to go the *buntu route, I'd suggest Kubuntu, as KDE is awesome, and all of the *buntu installers have an alternate install ISO you can download.
post #19 of 22
Thread Starter 
Thanks.

The only reason I want fedora is for amahi. I have everything working off the usb its just ungodly slow.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution 2 x Asus GTX470 900/1800/1700 Corsair Vengence 8gb 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
120gb ssd, 4 x 1TB F3's Raid 0, 2TB F4 Backup Windows 7 Catleap 27 1440p Enermax Revolution 1050w 
Case
Case Labs M8 with pedestal  
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution 2 x Asus GTX470 900/1800/1700 Corsair Vengence 8gb 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
120gb ssd, 4 x 1TB F3's Raid 0, 2TB F4 Backup Windows 7 Catleap 27 1440p Enermax Revolution 1050w 
Case
Case Labs M8 with pedestal  
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somenamehere View Post
Thanks.

The only reason I want fedora is for amahi. I have everything working off the usb its just ungodly slow.
it looks like Ubuntu has a amahi package on the repos...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Linux, Unix
Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Operating Systems › Linux, Unix › Make clone bootable