Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Need new mousepad!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Need new mousepad! - Page 2

post #11 of 25
taito and goliathus speed suck balls, don't know about the qck, they've been so many iterations since 2004, qck fnatic edition sucks balls too fyi.

What do you want in a surface ? If you want something like a qpad ct but faster and more durable then look no further, get a shiden kai from grow up japan, its's a very high quality clothpad with a really nice coating that looks like white sugar, the pad provides a very low amount of friction, the literally feels like it glides on air.

If you want something with more feedback get a hien, preferably the value edition if you don't want to spend a lot of money, I already own 1 artisan hien Large blue HARD one black and a shiden kai xsoft, here's their shop http://www.gup.co.jp/artisan/cloth_ov.html#rgvw

G-TF is a good alternative but i already wore out 2 of them so they're not really that faster than an ordinary clothpad any more,they now retain water too :S maybe the speed version will be more durable and have a more sticky rubber base than the current ****TY one.
Rep0rn
(16 items)
 
Precious :p
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4690k @ 4.4ghz 1.3v  gigabyte Z87M D3H r9 390 gigabyte X2 windforce g.skill 8GB 2400mhz CL11 1.65v 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD caviar blue 1TB  crucial MX100 256GB  cryorig R1 ultimate windows 10 home (win7 upgrade) 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
asus VG236H  cm storm quickfire TK stealth thermaltake london 550w gold rated modular aerocool dead silence black window version 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
zowie EC2-A zowie GTF-X creative aurvana live! soundblaster Z 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz 1.34v ASUS P8Z68V-PRO MSI Geforce GTX N660-2GD5/OC 8gb corsair vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
60gb ocz vertex 3 SSD WD 640GB caviar black  corsair H100 Windows 7 64bit Home Premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
samsung 2233RZ Noppoo choc mini 84 rev 2. (mx red) corsair 850W TX silverstone TJ07 black 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
cm storm recon  HIEN SOFT L Japan Black x-fi titanium fatal1ty champion series  AKG K601 + audio-gd C2C upgrade version headp... 
  hide details  
Reply
Rep0rn
(16 items)
 
Precious :p
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4690k @ 4.4ghz 1.3v  gigabyte Z87M D3H r9 390 gigabyte X2 windforce g.skill 8GB 2400mhz CL11 1.65v 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD caviar blue 1TB  crucial MX100 256GB  cryorig R1 ultimate windows 10 home (win7 upgrade) 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
asus VG236H  cm storm quickfire TK stealth thermaltake london 550w gold rated modular aerocool dead silence black window version 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
zowie EC2-A zowie GTF-X creative aurvana live! soundblaster Z 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz 1.34v ASUS P8Z68V-PRO MSI Geforce GTX N660-2GD5/OC 8gb corsair vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
60gb ocz vertex 3 SSD WD 640GB caviar black  corsair H100 Windows 7 64bit Home Premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
samsung 2233RZ Noppoo choc mini 84 rev 2. (mx red) corsair 850W TX silverstone TJ07 black 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
cm storm recon  HIEN SOFT L Japan Black x-fi titanium fatal1ty champion series  AKG K601 + audio-gd C2C upgrade version headp... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by use_login View Post
Guys, I'm sorry, but what are you talking about? You are joking, right?
Qck WAS a good pad. Very long time ago. Now it's a cheap piece of cloth. The glide changes very quick, gets dirty, it isn't reliable at all.
Roccat Taito, Qpad UC/CT, Zowie GT-F or Corepad C1 are all 2 classes above it.


Well ofcourse theres better mouse pads than the qck, but supdra asked for the best of those 3 and Roccat taito definately isn't better, The zowie is but I heard people say it wears out quickly also, the Qpad CT is very similiar to the qck I dont have any experience with the corepads though. About the durability, the glide is still same as I bought it 2 years ago so nothings changd there

Quote:
Originally Posted by use_login View Post
the Deathadder has an enormous lift off distance on qck
That problem is not only isolated for the qck, but pretty much ANY mousepads. Light coloured mousepads seems to lower the lift off distance though

Quote:
Originally Posted by use_login View Post
The best lift off distance on the Deathadder you'll get on an Steelseries Experience I2 pad.
AND the worst tracking possibl
post #13 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by use_login View Post
Guys, I'm sorry, but what are you talking about? You are joking, right?
Qck WAS a good pad. Very long time ago. Now it's a cheap piece of cloth. The glide changes very quick, gets dirty, it isn't reliable at all.
obviously don't know what you are on about.. I have been using one of these pads heavily for 7 months now and its spot on..
Crossfire Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II 1100t Asus Crosshair IV Formula XFX HD 6970 x2 in Crossfire Corsair Vengeance (4x4GB @ 1600Mhz) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
120GB Vertex 3 x2 in Raid 0 & Samsung SP F3 Sony DVD Rewriter Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung Syncmaster 22" & Samsung 32" LED Tv 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Zboard Corsair AX850w Corsair 600t Rapoo V3 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries cloth pad 
  hide details  
Reply
Crossfire Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II 1100t Asus Crosshair IV Formula XFX HD 6970 x2 in Crossfire Corsair Vengeance (4x4GB @ 1600Mhz) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
120GB Vertex 3 x2 in Raid 0 & Samsung SP F3 Sony DVD Rewriter Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung Syncmaster 22" & Samsung 32" LED Tv 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Zboard Corsair AX850w Corsair 600t Rapoo V3 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries cloth pad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 25
supra_rz, in my opinion the Taito is one of the best cloth mousepads out there (and I had a bunch of them). It has a very good glide, and it's very durable, can be cleaned very easily using the washing machine. Can't tell you about the lift off distance of the Deathadder or the Diamondback on it, because I had them on different periods of time.

smorg, depends heavily on your mouse movement and how much you press on your mouse, especially when you're gaming. I, for instance, press a lot on my mouse, and using a very low sensitivity, I can feel every portion of the mousepad that has a different glide due to the wear. I had both the Qck+ and the Qck Heavy and both weared out after neither 2 months. So, no...I don't think it's worth the money.
Edited by use_login - 6/6/11 at 4:20am
post #15 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFGR View Post
taito and goliathus speed suck balls, don't know about the qck, they've been so many iterations since 2004, qck fnatic edition sucks balls too fyi.

What do you want in a surface ? If you want something like a qpad ct but faster and more durable then look no further, get a shiden kai from grow up japan, its's a very high quality clothpad with a really nice coating that looks like white sugar, the pad provides a very low amount of friction, the literally feels like it glides on air.

If you want something with more feedback get a hien, preferably the value edition if you don't want to spend a lot of money, I already own 1 artisan hien Large blue HARD one black and a shiden kai xsoft, here's their shop http://www.gup.co.jp/artisan/cloth_ov.html#rgvw

G-TF is a good alternative but i already wore out 2 of them so they're not really that faster than an ordinary clothpad any more,they now retain water too :S maybe the speed version will be more durable and have a more sticky rubber base than the current ****TY one.
How did you get hold of the shiden kai xsoft? It isn't even out yet...

About the shiden medium, I heard that optical sensors like the one that the threadstarter has doesnt track well on that. Is that something you can confirm?
post #16 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaiiYaa View Post
How did you get hold of the shiden kai xsoft? It isn't even out yet...

About the shiden medium, I heard that optical sensors like the one that the threadstarter has doesnt track well on that. Is that something you can confirm?
Apparently it is, artisan just haven't bothered updating their pad release chart. Makes me wonder when they'll release the 'Hayate' pad. Really interested in that one.
post #17 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by end0rphine View Post
Apparently it is, artisan just haven't bothered updating their pad release chart. Makes me wonder when they'll release the 'Hayate' pad. Really interested in that one.
How about the tracking with optical mice?
post #18 of 25
Thread Starter 
i was looking at the PURETRAK talent, is it good?
post #19 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by supra_rz View Post
i was looking at the PURETRAK talent, is it good?
Along with zowie G-TF its the best cloth mousepad you can get
post #20 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaiiYaa View Post
Along with zowie G-TF its the best cloth mousepad you can get
thanks for the comment, do you know perhaps if it gets dirty easily?

thanks

edit: the talent
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Need new mousepad!