Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › mobo says cpu is how when not, and multiple splash screens
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

mobo says cpu is how when not, and multiple splash screens - Page 3

post #21 of 38
Thread Starter 
i don't know right now, i set it in the UEFI and right now i am running prime 95, so unless i can find out in windows, i don't know, i know that it is slightly higher than stock, and that it was set by the mobo's overclock button, that's all i know
post #22 of 38
Download CPU z and use that to monitor voltage and frequency.

So did you set a specific voltage or did you just set the frequency and have the mb pick the voltage?
post #23 of 38
Thread Starter 
OK CPU-z has been opened and i did not notice the voltage: 1.360-1.392

i did in fact set the frequency, but i let the mobo pick the voltage

i am very disappointed by the frequency though, not getting above 2.8
Edited by phantasmor - 6/8/11 at 11:17am
post #24 of 38
time to do everything yourself
post #25 of 38
Thread Starter 
i don't know what that means, but when when i go into games it goes up to 5, just not while running prime 95
post #26 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantasmor View Post
i don't know what that means, but when when i go into games it goes up to 5, just not while running prime 95
Where are you seeing it at 5ghz? What monitoring program?

5ghz at 1.36 under load is pretty good if that is accurate.
post #27 of 38
Thread Starter 
5048 at 1.26-1.54 i am using CPU-Z

game:Crysis
max temp:89C

it's pretty laggy with 2 gigabytes of ram though, i can not wait till i get that ram back from rma

laggy is not really the word, but when i look around too fast the picture blurs
Edited by phantasmor - 6/8/11 at 12:26pm
post #28 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantasmor View Post
5048 at 1.26-1.54 i am using CPU-Z

game:Crysis
max temp:89C

it's pretty laggy with 2 gigabytes of ram though, i can not wait till i get that ram back from rma

laggy is not really the word, but when i look around too fast the picture blurs
I would lower than OC. 89c is pretty hot but I would be more concerned about pitting 1.54 through a 32nm chip. There are people here who have had chips burn out with less heat and less voltage in a matter of weeks.

With the first gen i7s people hit a temp wall before voltage walls but sb runs so much cooler that you will end up killing your chip with voltage way before he heat kills it.
post #29 of 38
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tats View Post
I would lower than OC. 89c is pretty hot but I would be more concerned about pitting 1.54 through a 32nm chip. There are people here who have had chips burn out with less heat and less voltage in a matter of weeks.

With the first gen i7s people hit a temp wall before voltage walls but sb runs so much cooler that you will end up killing your chip with voltage way before he heat kills it.
the newegg video says that clicking the overclock button in EUFI will not set it to a dangerous voltage.... that is all i did, i left all of the settings from that and set the turbo clock higher..... i guess i will set it to 1.4 just like the newegg video
post #30 of 38
You are placing a lot of faith in the auto tuning feature. 89C is hotter than the majority of people here would allow their CPU's to run while stressed. If you're intent on doing this, I hope you get yourself a high quality heatsink+fan. You've been warned sir!
The Grey Box
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770k delid 4.6 at 1.25 Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Gigabyte 1080 Ti Aorus Xtreme Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Intel 730 WD20002FAEX Raid1 Samsung 850 Pro Heatkiller 3.0 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
DDC-1 & Swiftech Micro Res x3 HW Labs GTX 360 Radiator (Pelts Hot Side) Aquacomputer Aquaero 6 XT Coolit FreeZone (pelts & pelt water block only) 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Custom Copper Heat Exchanger For Pelts HW Labs 120 Radiator (VGA) Win7 64/Linux SuSe Samsung 22" 1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse II EVGA supernova 750 G2 Coolermaster Cosmos V1 Logitech mx518 
Mouse Pad
Allsop 
  hide details  
Reply
The Grey Box
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770k delid 4.6 at 1.25 Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Gigabyte 1080 Ti Aorus Xtreme Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Intel 730 WD20002FAEX Raid1 Samsung 850 Pro Heatkiller 3.0 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
DDC-1 & Swiftech Micro Res x3 HW Labs GTX 360 Radiator (Pelts Hot Side) Aquacomputer Aquaero 6 XT Coolit FreeZone (pelts & pelt water block only) 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Custom Copper Heat Exchanger For Pelts HW Labs 120 Radiator (VGA) Win7 64/Linux SuSe Samsung 22" 1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse II EVGA supernova 750 G2 Coolermaster Cosmos V1 Logitech mx518 
Mouse Pad
Allsop 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › mobo says cpu is how when not, and multiple splash screens