Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] ASUS sabertooth AMD Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] ASUS sabertooth AMD Owners Club - Page 26

Poll Results: whats your choice for 990fx

Poll expired: Jul 11, 2011  
  • 0% (1)
    Asus M5A97evo
  • 0% (1)
    Asus M5A99Xevo
  • 49% (58)
    Asus Sabertooth 990fx
  • 31% (37)
    Asus Crosshair V Formula / Thunderbolt
  • 0% (1)
    Biostar TA-990FXE
  • 12% (15)
    Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD7
  • 4% (5)
    MSI 990FXA-GD80
118 Total Votes  
post #251 of 10107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradford1040;13983394 
auto auto auto lol I could not believe it ether but auto on most works the best there are a few settings that need to put extreme on I am sorry trying to get ready to leave to drive to FL from VA so can't get into it but the CHIV club guys help alot
Well thats my problemI dont know which ones I should jump up since my last 3 MB's were Foxconn/DFI both intell, and Asrock deluxe4 AMD, all total difrent. I'm already rma'ing my Asrock threw them,"I dont wait for rma's I by another MB as in this one, lol" so dont wana blow this MB by trying crazy stuff, without a spare
Bucknuts
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8350 @5Ghz ASUS Sabertooth 990FX EVGA GTX 570 G.SKILL Sniper 8GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Vertex 3 120GB Seagate Barracuda 1Tb Seagate Barracuda 2Tb ASUS DRW-24B1ST 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Asus BC-12B1ST Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme/Puh Pull Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 ViewSonic VX2739WM 27" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Keyboard Corsair TX950W COOLER MASTER HAF 932 COOLER MASTER Sentinel Advance 
Mouse PadAudio
Logitech G13 Gameboard ALC 892/Samsung HT-D5300/Bose OE2/GameCom 780 
  hide details  
Reply
Bucknuts
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8350 @5Ghz ASUS Sabertooth 990FX EVGA GTX 570 G.SKILL Sniper 8GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Vertex 3 120GB Seagate Barracuda 1Tb Seagate Barracuda 2Tb ASUS DRW-24B1ST 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Asus BC-12B1ST Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme/Puh Pull Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 ViewSonic VX2739WM 27" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Keyboard Corsair TX950W COOLER MASTER HAF 932 COOLER MASTER Sentinel Advance 
Mouse PadAudio
Logitech G13 Gameboard ALC 892/Samsung HT-D5300/Bose OE2/GameCom 780 
  hide details  
Reply
post #252 of 10107
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBN1977 View Post
Well thats my problemI dont know which ones I should jump up since my last 3 MB's were Foxconn/DFI both intell, and Asrock deluxe4 AMD, all total difrent. I'm already rma'ing my Asrock threw them,"I dont wait for rma's I by another MB as in this one, lol" so dont wana blow this MB by trying crazy stuff, without a spare
well it looks as if i am not going tonight anyway my well pump is not working so have to sit in my own smell ewwww! lol

Ok well what are you trying to do lets start from were you don't understand go
post #253 of 10107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradford1040 View Post
not what I meant but yes i understand why you thought that, I mean put the LLC on auto bump your volts to safe temps run the cpu/nb around 2600~3000 at a good starting point of 1.40 volts go up or down from there on that I am running 4.440 right now for about two weeks 100% stable and just tweaking mem now, the cpu is 1.59375 i think like i said sorry trying to get out of here but if I dn't make it out will come back on and explian it more
I ment to put that respond with drizek, lol
Bucknuts
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8350 @5Ghz ASUS Sabertooth 990FX EVGA GTX 570 G.SKILL Sniper 8GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Vertex 3 120GB Seagate Barracuda 1Tb Seagate Barracuda 2Tb ASUS DRW-24B1ST 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Asus BC-12B1ST Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme/Puh Pull Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 ViewSonic VX2739WM 27" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Keyboard Corsair TX950W COOLER MASTER HAF 932 COOLER MASTER Sentinel Advance 
Mouse PadAudio
Logitech G13 Gameboard ALC 892/Samsung HT-D5300/Bose OE2/GameCom 780 
  hide details  
Reply
Bucknuts
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8350 @5Ghz ASUS Sabertooth 990FX EVGA GTX 570 G.SKILL Sniper 8GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Vertex 3 120GB Seagate Barracuda 1Tb Seagate Barracuda 2Tb ASUS DRW-24B1ST 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Asus BC-12B1ST Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme/Puh Pull Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 ViewSonic VX2739WM 27" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Keyboard Corsair TX950W COOLER MASTER HAF 932 COOLER MASTER Sentinel Advance 
Mouse PadAudio
Logitech G13 Gameboard ALC 892/Samsung HT-D5300/Bose OE2/GameCom 780 
  hide details  
Reply
post #254 of 10107
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBN1977 View Post
I ment to put that respond with drizek, lol
ok so you got everything covered then? you don't need help?
post #255 of 10107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradford1040 View Post
well it looks as if i am not going tonight anyway my well pump is not working so have to sit in my own smell ewwww! lol

Ok well what are you trying to do lets start from were you don't understand go
First thing stay out of FL, were all a bit crazy, lol. I know i can take 1.5v without any problem's evan without useing my Indego Extreme, Just useing the noctua NT-H1 right now, not going to waste Indego, until I know MB is good. I just dont really understand these line load/calabrations stuff, which at 4ghz dont evan have to touch but, after i think I do. Also at 4.2 im really trying not to mess with FSB and stuff but i think I may have to.
Bucknuts
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8350 @5Ghz ASUS Sabertooth 990FX EVGA GTX 570 G.SKILL Sniper 8GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Vertex 3 120GB Seagate Barracuda 1Tb Seagate Barracuda 2Tb ASUS DRW-24B1ST 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Asus BC-12B1ST Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme/Puh Pull Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 ViewSonic VX2739WM 27" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Keyboard Corsair TX950W COOLER MASTER HAF 932 COOLER MASTER Sentinel Advance 
Mouse PadAudio
Logitech G13 Gameboard ALC 892/Samsung HT-D5300/Bose OE2/GameCom 780 
  hide details  
Reply
Bucknuts
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8350 @5Ghz ASUS Sabertooth 990FX EVGA GTX 570 G.SKILL Sniper 8GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Vertex 3 120GB Seagate Barracuda 1Tb Seagate Barracuda 2Tb ASUS DRW-24B1ST 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Asus BC-12B1ST Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme/Puh Pull Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 ViewSonic VX2739WM 27" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Keyboard Corsair TX950W COOLER MASTER HAF 932 COOLER MASTER Sentinel Advance 
Mouse PadAudio
Logitech G13 Gameboard ALC 892/Samsung HT-D5300/Bose OE2/GameCom 780 
  hide details  
Reply
post #256 of 10107
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBN1977 View Post
First thing stay out of FL, were all a bit crazy, lol. I know i can take 1.5v without any problem's evan without useing my Indego Extreme, Just useing the noctua NT-H1 right now, not going to waste Indego, until I know MB is good. I just dont really understand these line load/calabrations stuff, which at 4ghz dont evan have to touch but, after i think I do. Also at 4.2 im really trying not to mess with FSB and stuff but i think I may have to.
yeah 4.2 with just multi, well your right you guys are nuts lol and on that note I have a house in WPB. I have to go anyway my daughter is expecting me to pick her up and bring her back to VA she is most likely going to stay for good as well which I am happy about, well eoungh personal lol, LLC just leave it alone anyway auto! the cpu power phase control extreme, thecpu power duty control move over to Crobe not Trobe cpu voltage frequency leave auto there as well now if you wantto know why those settings I can explian but those are about the most stable settings so you can get you OC ok
post #257 of 10107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradford1040 View Post
well it looks as if i am not going tonight anyway my well pump is not working so have to sit in my own smell ewwww! lol

Ok well what are you trying to do lets start from were you don't understand go
I'll take the help.

I used to run stable at 17.5x Multi, 1.5V, 207 FSB with my Gigabyte board. That was 3.62GHz. The CPUNB was at default speeds since my board wouldn't POST when I OCd it.

I used Auto OC on my Asus to get it like the CPU Z

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1882900

Help me OC my CPUNB and get the core clock to 3.7. What should I change in the ASUS Digi+ VRM settings?
Desktop
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X3 720 ASUS Sabertooth 990FX SLI Cyclone/TFrozr MSI GTX 460 768MB 16GB Patriot 1866 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
RAID F3 1TB, Crucial C300 64GB, 2TB SG LG DVD-RW DL, Lite-On BD-ROM Windows 7, Ubuntu 11.04, Server 2008R2 Dell U2311h 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft NK 4000 Antec TPN-550 Antec Solo Logitech Marble Mouse and G7 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 
  hide details  
Reply
Desktop
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X3 720 ASUS Sabertooth 990FX SLI Cyclone/TFrozr MSI GTX 460 768MB 16GB Patriot 1866 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
RAID F3 1TB, Crucial C300 64GB, 2TB SG LG DVD-RW DL, Lite-On BD-ROM Windows 7, Ubuntu 11.04, Server 2008R2 Dell U2311h 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft NK 4000 Antec TPN-550 Antec Solo Logitech Marble Mouse and G7 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 
  hide details  
Reply
post #258 of 10107
Quote:
Originally Posted by drizek View Post
I'll take the help.

I used to run stable at 17.5x Multi, 1.5V, 207 FSB with my Gigabyte board. That was 3.62GHz. The CPUNB was at default speeds since my board wouldn't POST when I OCd it.

I used Auto OC on my Asus to get it like the CPU Z

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1882900

Help me OC my CPUNB and get the core clock to 3.7. What should I change in the ASUS Digi+ VRM settings?
about the same as I just wrote him, I know it is hard to understand but think of this ASUS really did a good job on the auto settings on this board as I was at first not even willing to believe in my last ASUS board was stable at same speed but with more volts and not 100% like this board just takes a little time and we will all learn some new cool stuff
post #259 of 10107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradford1040 View Post
yeah 4.2 with just multi, well your right you guys are nuts lol and on that note I have a house in WPB. I have to go anyway my daughter is expecting me to pick her up and bring her back to VA she is most likely going to stay for good as well which I am happy about, well eoungh personal lol, LLC just leave it alone anyway auto! the cpu power phase control extreme, thecpu power duty control move over to Crobe not Trobe cpu voltage frequency leave auto there as well now if you wantto know why those settings I can explian but those are about the most stable settings so you can get you OC ok
Very cool man about your daughter, my daughter lives with and I'm a single father, so I wish you the best of luck, Thanks for the info about setting, now get some sleep for that drive.
Bucknuts
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8350 @5Ghz ASUS Sabertooth 990FX EVGA GTX 570 G.SKILL Sniper 8GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Vertex 3 120GB Seagate Barracuda 1Tb Seagate Barracuda 2Tb ASUS DRW-24B1ST 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Asus BC-12B1ST Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme/Puh Pull Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 ViewSonic VX2739WM 27" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Keyboard Corsair TX950W COOLER MASTER HAF 932 COOLER MASTER Sentinel Advance 
Mouse PadAudio
Logitech G13 Gameboard ALC 892/Samsung HT-D5300/Bose OE2/GameCom 780 
  hide details  
Reply
Bucknuts
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8350 @5Ghz ASUS Sabertooth 990FX EVGA GTX 570 G.SKILL Sniper 8GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Vertex 3 120GB Seagate Barracuda 1Tb Seagate Barracuda 2Tb ASUS DRW-24B1ST 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Asus BC-12B1ST Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme/Puh Pull Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 ViewSonic VX2739WM 27" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Keyboard Corsair TX950W COOLER MASTER HAF 932 COOLER MASTER Sentinel Advance 
Mouse PadAudio
Logitech G13 Gameboard ALC 892/Samsung HT-D5300/Bose OE2/GameCom 780 
  hide details  
Reply
post #260 of 10107
there are so many things I keep learning on this and every other thing in this aluminum box lol that my life has seemed to revolve around, I myself was in the same boat just two weeks ago this was my first LLC board as well as a fw more settings I never seen! Hoped on over to the CrossHair IV thread and read for hours plus asked a few questions as well then a plensent call to ASUS in which ended with me yelling at the $7 a hour jerk on the other end because my dog knows more than e did!!!! (Thank you ASUS for finding such great people to answer tech calls lol) but after most stuff I found out the same old thing applyed test BSOD test BSOD test BSOD SCREAM AT IT ( that did not work btw) back to testing lol
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] ASUS sabertooth AMD Owners Club