Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] ASUS sabertooth AMD Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] ASUS sabertooth AMD Owners Club - Page 307

Poll Results: whats your choice for 990fx

Poll expired: Jul 11, 2011  
  • 0% (1)
    Asus M5A97evo
  • 0% (1)
    Asus M5A99Xevo
  • 49% (58)
    Asus Sabertooth 990fx
  • 31% (37)
    Asus Crosshair V Formula / Thunderbolt
  • 0% (1)
    Biostar TA-990FXE
  • 12% (15)
    Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD7
  • 4% (5)
    MSI 990FXA-GD80
118 Total Votes  
post #3061 of 10107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djmatrix32 View Post

Have done that three times now.

I would recommend RMA.
The girlfriend.
(15 items)
 
The Mistress
(13 items)
 
Media Server
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX8320 @ 4.5 Crosshair V (Third One) 290 Tri-X OC 16GB HyperX 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Sandisk SSD Plus 240GB Toshiba 3TB Hitachi 2TB Swiftech H220-X 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 8.1/Mint Viewsonic VX2457-mhd Fuhlen L411 Slim Super Flower Golden King 650W 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Enthoo Pro G400 Super Flower 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
A8-6410 Lenovo Lancer 4B2 K16.3 R5 128 Shaders/M230 Hynix 8GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 840 120 GB SSD Seagate Momentus 1TB 5400rmp Win 8.1 CMN1487 TN LED 14" 1366*768 
KeyboardPowerMouseMouse Pad
Lenovo AccuType 2900mAh/41Wh Elan Trackpad/Logitech M90 Super Flower 
Audio
AMD Avalon(Connexant) 
  hide details  
Reply
The girlfriend.
(15 items)
 
The Mistress
(13 items)
 
Media Server
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX8320 @ 4.5 Crosshair V (Third One) 290 Tri-X OC 16GB HyperX 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Sandisk SSD Plus 240GB Toshiba 3TB Hitachi 2TB Swiftech H220-X 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 8.1/Mint Viewsonic VX2457-mhd Fuhlen L411 Slim Super Flower Golden King 650W 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Enthoo Pro G400 Super Flower 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
A8-6410 Lenovo Lancer 4B2 K16.3 R5 128 Shaders/M230 Hynix 8GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 840 120 GB SSD Seagate Momentus 1TB 5400rmp Win 8.1 CMN1487 TN LED 14" 1366*768 
KeyboardPowerMouseMouse Pad
Lenovo AccuType 2900mAh/41Wh Elan Trackpad/Logitech M90 Super Flower 
Audio
AMD Avalon(Connexant) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3062 of 10107
My Sabertooth randomly restarts maybe once/twice a day, nothing in event viewer.
Running bone stock ATM, still does it.

Can stress it to Hades and back and it will never restart.

Any ideas, I've already reseated everything, tried different RAM, bot an ATI and NV card.
Mighty-iTX
(12 items)
 
One foot in..
(17 items)
 
mATX
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4770K M7-Impact Strix GTX980 Samsung 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 256 Glacer 240L W8.1 K272HUL 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Seasonic X-650 Prodigy MX518 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4770K/45/43 Maximus VI Extreme R290X R290X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung Crucial M4 64GB RAIDR LSSWM 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master Glacer 7 Ultimate 64 SyncMaster Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX 1050 BE 600T Silver MX518 Desk 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4330 Z87 Gryphon GTX690 G.Skill RipJawsX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD Blacks Hyper 212 W8.1 ACER 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Ultra X3 1000w Corsair 230T Orange Razer 
  hide details  
Reply
Mighty-iTX
(12 items)
 
One foot in..
(17 items)
 
mATX
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4770K M7-Impact Strix GTX980 Samsung 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 256 Glacer 240L W8.1 K272HUL 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Seasonic X-650 Prodigy MX518 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4770K/45/43 Maximus VI Extreme R290X R290X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung Crucial M4 64GB RAIDR LSSWM 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master Glacer 7 Ultimate 64 SyncMaster Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX 1050 BE 600T Silver MX518 Desk 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4330 Z87 Gryphon GTX690 G.Skill RipJawsX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD Blacks Hyper 212 W8.1 ACER 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Ultra X3 1000w Corsair 230T Orange Razer 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3063 of 10107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djmatrix32 View Post

should i RMA my motherboard? My audio shows that the front plugs are being used and i dont have any thing plugged into them and the back audio ports do not work.

I did notice a setting in the Realtech Sound Manager that comes with the board. Its the option to tie both front and rear audio jacks together as a single logical audio device. If you swap that setting to the other option, to treat every jack as a seperate audio device it may free up some of those plugs. I dont have my sabertooth machine available atm, but I seem to remember the setting was in an unintuitive place, had to click around a bit to find it.
post #3064 of 10107
Quote:
Originally Posted by grunion View Post

My Sabertooth randomly restarts maybe once/twice a day, nothing in event viewer.
Running bone stock ATM, still does it.
Can stress it to Hades and back and it will never restart.
Any ideas, I've already reseated everything, tried different RAM, bot an ATI and NV card.

Power supply stability? Just a guess.
The Phenom Reborn
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 B50 @ 3.6 Ghz @ 1.4V Asus Sabertooth GTX560 SE @ 945/2025Mhz @ 1.38V 2 x 4 GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline @ 1600Mhz @... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Western Digital Caviar Black Western Digital Blue Western Digital Blue Crucial M4 128GB SSD 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG GH22NS50 Black SATA DVD Xigmatek S-1283 w/ Noctua 120mm Fan Windows 7 Ultimate x64bit Samsung 931cw 19'' + Emerson 32" HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Arctosa Corsair HX650W Corsair 600T Limited White Edition Mionix Naos 5000 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Steelseries Small Gaming Pad Altec Lansing VS4621 + Sennheiser HD448 ASUS Xonar Audio Card 
  hide details  
Reply
The Phenom Reborn
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 B50 @ 3.6 Ghz @ 1.4V Asus Sabertooth GTX560 SE @ 945/2025Mhz @ 1.38V 2 x 4 GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline @ 1600Mhz @... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Western Digital Caviar Black Western Digital Blue Western Digital Blue Crucial M4 128GB SSD 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG GH22NS50 Black SATA DVD Xigmatek S-1283 w/ Noctua 120mm Fan Windows 7 Ultimate x64bit Samsung 931cw 19'' + Emerson 32" HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Arctosa Corsair HX650W Corsair 600T Limited White Edition Mionix Naos 5000 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Steelseries Small Gaming Pad Altec Lansing VS4621 + Sennheiser HD448 ASUS Xonar Audio Card 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3065 of 10107
@grunion:
random reboots can be very frustrating. I had them on a different board and finally traced my issues down to the power supply. Thats why this time, i actually followed the recomendations of some of the people in the power supply forum. i bought a seasonic 750x gold. Yes it was pricey and im sure there are suitable units for a lower cost but I just was thru with issues related to power supplies. It worked and i have had not one issue with my system. Possibly visit the power supply forums and they can make some suggestions for testing or make recomondations.

I also wanted to thank you for the link in your sig "site features and explanations" for what i think is a must read for anyone on ocn.
I had been looking for information on posting site features etc. but didnt know where to find this info. I will definitely rep when i get back from vacation as i have issues on my ipad when repping.

Good luck and i hope you solve your issue.
Sunset1

@djmatrix32 i dont have my board close but im thinking there is a setting to change the audio front pannel connector from ? to hd audio. As my board supported hd i tried it and had issues so i used the other setting. I dont remember what it was called. oh i think it was audio97? or similar. I have a coolermaster haf 22. I do know in the past not all audio headers were wired the same. If there is an audio forum possibly someone has more information on this.. possible issue. I dont use my front pannel connectors often and in the back i use spidif. or optitcal connection. Sorry i dont have a more definite answer
sunset1
Edited by sunset1 - 9/30/12 at 12:15pm
SunsetGrill
(24 items)
 
Trinity
(3 items)
 
SunsetGrill
(24 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8120 SABERTOOTH 990FX AMD Radeon HD 6950 AMD Radeon HD 6950 
RAMRAMRAMRAM
Mushkin 2133 Mushkin 2133 Mushkin 2133 Mushkin 2133 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
wd black 1 terra wd black 1 terra corsair 256gig ssd external usb3 wd 3 terra 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
blu-ray burner Thermaltake water 2.0 Extreme (cpu) Thermaltake water 2.0 pro 2gpu 1clc with corsai... windows7 home pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
samsung T260 25" ms gamer  Seasonic 750x gold Coolermaster Haf 22 Modified 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech MX-518 Duh this is nonsence. belkin onboard but will install sb titanium logitech 5.1 thx 
CPUMotherboardGraphics
AMD K15 FM2A85X Extreme6 AMD Radeon HD 7660D + 6670 Dual Graphics 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8120 SABERTOOTH 990FX AMD Radeon HD 6950 AMD Radeon HD 6950 
RAMRAMRAMRAM
Mushkin 2133 Mushkin 2133 Mushkin 2133 Mushkin 2133 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
wd black 1 terra wd black 1 terra corsair 256gig ssd external usb3 wd 3 terra 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
blu-ray burner Thermaltake water 2.0 Extreme (cpu) Thermaltake water 2.0 pro 2gpu 1clc with corsai... windows7 home pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
samsung T260 25" ms gamer  Seasonic 750x gold Coolermaster Haf 22 Modified 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech MX-518 Duh this is nonsence. belkin onboard but will install sb titanium logitech 5.1 thx 
  hide details  
Reply
SunsetGrill
(24 items)
 
Trinity
(3 items)
 
SunsetGrill
(24 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8120 SABERTOOTH 990FX AMD Radeon HD 6950 AMD Radeon HD 6950 
RAMRAMRAMRAM
Mushkin 2133 Mushkin 2133 Mushkin 2133 Mushkin 2133 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
wd black 1 terra wd black 1 terra corsair 256gig ssd external usb3 wd 3 terra 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
blu-ray burner Thermaltake water 2.0 Extreme (cpu) Thermaltake water 2.0 pro 2gpu 1clc with corsai... windows7 home pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
samsung T260 25" ms gamer  Seasonic 750x gold Coolermaster Haf 22 Modified 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech MX-518 Duh this is nonsence. belkin onboard but will install sb titanium logitech 5.1 thx 
CPUMotherboardGraphics
AMD K15 FM2A85X Extreme6 AMD Radeon HD 7660D + 6670 Dual Graphics 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8120 SABERTOOTH 990FX AMD Radeon HD 6950 AMD Radeon HD 6950 
RAMRAMRAMRAM
Mushkin 2133 Mushkin 2133 Mushkin 2133 Mushkin 2133 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
wd black 1 terra wd black 1 terra corsair 256gig ssd external usb3 wd 3 terra 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
blu-ray burner Thermaltake water 2.0 Extreme (cpu) Thermaltake water 2.0 pro 2gpu 1clc with corsai... windows7 home pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
samsung T260 25" ms gamer  Seasonic 750x gold Coolermaster Haf 22 Modified 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech MX-518 Duh this is nonsence. belkin onboard but will install sb titanium logitech 5.1 thx 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3066 of 10107
Quote:
Originally Posted by cab2 View Post

I have a new SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0. It came with BIOS 0219, it worked fine but on boot it didn't show the available options, Del, F8, etc. So I updated to the latest 0803, but now it doesn't beep on bootup. Any ideas?

I found your post with Google, searching for the same issue. I also updated from 0219 to 0803 on Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 and ... no more beep! Glad you posted your experience -- I'll stop looking for the cause (bad speaker, etc.).
post #3067 of 10107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nospampls View Post

I found your post with Google, searching for the same issue. I also updated from 0219 to 0803 on Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 and ... no more beep! Glad you posted your experience -- I'll stop looking for the cause (bad speaker, etc.).

It's a BIOS bug, mobo works very well otherwise. I switched to BIOS version 0601, that's the most recent one that beeps.
post #3068 of 10107
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset1 View Post

@grunion:
random reboots can be very frustrating. I had them on a different board and finally traced my issues down to the power supply. Thats why this time, i actually followed the recomendations of some of the people in the power supply forum. i bought a seasonic 750x gold. Yes it was pricey and im sure there are suitable units for a lower cost but I just was thru with issues related to power supplies. It worked and i have had not one issue with my system. Possibly visit the power supply forums and they can make some suggestions for testing or make recomondations.
I also wanted to thank you for the link in your sig "site features and explanations" for what i think is a must read for anyone on ocn.
I had been looking for information on posting site features etc. but didnt know where to find this info. I will definitely rep when i get back from vacation as i have issues on my ipad when repping.
Good luck and i hope you solve your issue.
Sunset1
@djmatrix32 i dont have my board close but im thinking there is a setting to change the audio front pannel connector from ? to hd audio. As my board supported hd i tried it and had issues so i used the other setting. I dont remember what it was called. oh i think it was audio97? or similar. I have a coolermaster haf 22. I do know in the past not all audio headers were wired the same. If there is an audio forum possibly someone has more information on this.. possible issue. I dont use my front pannel connectors often and in the back i use spidif. or optitcal connection. Sorry i dont have a more definite answer
sunset1
I have changed the front connector to HD audio still nothing slows up when I plug some thing in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gozu View Post

I did notice a setting in the Realtech Sound Manager that comes with the board. Its the option to tie both front and rear audio jacks together as a single logical audio device. If you swap that setting to the other option, to treat every jack as a seperate audio device it may free up some of those plugs. I dont have my sabertooth machine available atm, but I seem to remember the setting was in an unintuitive place, had to click around a bit to find it.
I have also does this no luck at all. I wonder why it just went out like that I even took the motherboared out to see if it was my case still did not work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liranan View Post

I would recommend RMA.
[/quote]Do you think its worth RMA? I jsut bought a Sound Blaster Recon3D for $70($20 0ff code). Do you think this will lead to more issue later on down the road?
My lost love
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I5 4430s Asrock Z97x Killer Sapphire 6970 Corsair Dominator 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair Dominator OCZ AMD Black OCZ AMD Black Western Digital Black  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Black LG GH22NS50B H80i Windows 7 Home x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Hp D2A13AA Logitech - Classic Keyboard 200 Rosewell 550W COOLER MASTER Haf Evo Xb 
MouseMouse Pad
R.A.T. 5 My Desk 
  hide details  
Reply
My lost love
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I5 4430s Asrock Z97x Killer Sapphire 6970 Corsair Dominator 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair Dominator OCZ AMD Black OCZ AMD Black Western Digital Black  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Black LG GH22NS50B H80i Windows 7 Home x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Hp D2A13AA Logitech - Classic Keyboard 200 Rosewell 550W COOLER MASTER Haf Evo Xb 
MouseMouse Pad
R.A.T. 5 My Desk 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3069 of 10107
I think that i haven't installed properly the SATA 3 drivers. Can someone confirm this by the photo i attach? How does the SATA 3 appears in device manager?
post #3070 of 10107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djmatrix32 View Post

Do you think its worth RMA? I jsut bought a Sound Blaster Recon3D for $70($20 0ff code). Do you think this will lead to more issue later on down the road?

Are you still having problems after installing that Recon3D?
The girlfriend.
(15 items)
 
The Mistress
(13 items)
 
Media Server
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX8320 @ 4.5 Crosshair V (Third One) 290 Tri-X OC 16GB HyperX 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Sandisk SSD Plus 240GB Toshiba 3TB Hitachi 2TB Swiftech H220-X 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 8.1/Mint Viewsonic VX2457-mhd Fuhlen L411 Slim Super Flower Golden King 650W 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Enthoo Pro G400 Super Flower 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
A8-6410 Lenovo Lancer 4B2 K16.3 R5 128 Shaders/M230 Hynix 8GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 840 120 GB SSD Seagate Momentus 1TB 5400rmp Win 8.1 CMN1487 TN LED 14" 1366*768 
KeyboardPowerMouseMouse Pad
Lenovo AccuType 2900mAh/41Wh Elan Trackpad/Logitech M90 Super Flower 
Audio
AMD Avalon(Connexant) 
  hide details  
Reply
The girlfriend.
(15 items)
 
The Mistress
(13 items)
 
Media Server
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX8320 @ 4.5 Crosshair V (Third One) 290 Tri-X OC 16GB HyperX 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Sandisk SSD Plus 240GB Toshiba 3TB Hitachi 2TB Swiftech H220-X 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 8.1/Mint Viewsonic VX2457-mhd Fuhlen L411 Slim Super Flower Golden King 650W 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Enthoo Pro G400 Super Flower 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
A8-6410 Lenovo Lancer 4B2 K16.3 R5 128 Shaders/M230 Hynix 8GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 840 120 GB SSD Seagate Momentus 1TB 5400rmp Win 8.1 CMN1487 TN LED 14" 1366*768 
KeyboardPowerMouseMouse Pad
Lenovo AccuType 2900mAh/41Wh Elan Trackpad/Logitech M90 Super Flower 
Audio
AMD Avalon(Connexant) 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] ASUS sabertooth AMD Owners Club