Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] ASUS sabertooth AMD Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] ASUS sabertooth AMD Owners Club - Page 336

Poll Results: whats your choice for 990fx

Poll expired: Jul 11, 2011  
  • 0% (1)
    Asus M5A97evo
  • 0% (1)
    Asus M5A99Xevo
  • 49% (58)
    Asus Sabertooth 990fx
  • 31% (37)
    Asus Crosshair V Formula / Thunderbolt
  • 0% (1)
    Biostar TA-990FXE
  • 12% (15)
    Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD7
  • 4% (5)
    MSI 990FXA-GD80
118 Total Votes  
post #3351 of 10107
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolvers View Post

OK. Well I can't test it now because I just returned it back to it's home in the cinema room and it doesn't display the BIOS properly through the projector. rolleyes.gif I'll have to get the monitor from the office and I CBA tonight. tongue.gif Definitely going to try it out tomorrow evening, Mrs Wolvers is out. biggrin.gif

Fun stuff, hopefully you'll be able to get some lower v, what your at right now looks like overkill to get your clock. I mean that in so many ways. ;p
post #3352 of 10107
endevite could you shed a little more like on this. i have my 1055 at just over 4 @1.475v with llc set to ultra. are you saying up the voltage a little and lower llc?
post #3353 of 10107
sorry, I'm not endevite, But I'm at 4.016 ghz and 1.3975v . You should not need that amount of juice for 4ghz. No llc by the way.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5820k Asrock x99 OCF V3.1 One of many Kingston HyperX Predator 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 EVO Asus Bluray Custom Water Win7 Ultimate 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Asus VG248QE EVGA P1200 Mountain Mods Extended Custom U2-UFO  Mad Catz R.A.T 5 
Mouse PadAudio
steelseries M-Audio BX5a DLX 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5820k Asrock x99 OCF V3.1 One of many Kingston HyperX Predator 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 EVO Asus Bluray Custom Water Win7 Ultimate 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Asus VG248QE EVGA P1200 Mountain Mods Extended Custom U2-UFO  Mad Catz R.A.T 5 
Mouse PadAudio
steelseries M-Audio BX5a DLX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3354 of 10107
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod717 View Post

sorry, I'm not endevite, But I'm at 4.016 ghz and 1.3975v . You should not need that amount of juice for 4ghz. No llc by the way.

you mind sharing your specs? from the 1055 owners club 1.475 is right in line with what other people are getting.
post #3355 of 10107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solders18 View Post

endevite could you shed a little more like on this. i have my 1055 at just over 4 @1.475v with llc set to ultra. are you saying up the voltage a little and lower llc?

Yes, not only will it drop heat on the vrm but it should drop heat on proc, most seem to jump strait to the hardest LLC thinking that gives them the best chance at fixed power and a better oc, but what it really is doing is overworking the vrm, kicking up local ambient heat near socket, and possibly over feeding the proc when it isn't needed . At least this is the case with the PD's.

So I would find the minimum v that the proc sits at on stable during burn tests, then try to get the lower llc's to fall to that spot on load. That is while still keeping the max v from getting way to high during idle.
Edited by endevite - 11/4/12 at 5:58pm
post #3356 of 10107
Quote:
Originally Posted by endevite View Post

Yes, not only will it drop heat on the vrm but it should drop heat on proc, most seem to jump strait to the hardest LLC thinking that gives them the best chance at fixed power and a better oc, but what it really is doing is overworking the vrm, kicking up local ambient heat near socket, and possibly over feeding the proc when it isn't needed . At least this is the case with the PD's.
So I would find the minimum v that the proc sits at on stable during burn tests, then try to get the lower llc's to fall to that spot on load. That is while still keeping the max v from getting way to high during idle.

that sounds about right. i tuned this one to keep about the same voltage with load and idle. i don't get anywhere near thermal wall, my load is 40c. this is the last night i have with this cpu. i have to ship it tomorrow
post #3357 of 10107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solders18 View Post

that sounds about right. i tuned this one to keep about the same voltage with load and idle. i don't get anywhere near thermal wall, my load is 40c. this is the last night i have with this cpu. i have to ship it tomorrow

Generally on a med llc you'll end up with a 0.01 to 0.05? v difference from the idle v and the load v, where the idle v is 0.1 or 0.2 higher than the load v's stable mark.

Really not sure how heavy the load draw is on the pII x6's. So it would be something to play with.
Edited by endevite - 11/4/12 at 6:40pm
post #3358 of 10107
Quote:
Originally Posted by endevite View Post

Generally on a med llc you'll end up with a 0.01 to 0.05? v difference from the idle v and the load v, where the idle v is 0.1 or 0.2 higher than the load v's stable mark.
Really not sure how heavy the load draw is on the pII x6's. So it would be something to play with.

i'll just wait till wednesday when my 8320 gets here!!! wheee.gif
Edited by Solders18 - 11/4/12 at 9:06pm
post #3359 of 10107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solders18 View Post

i'll just wait till tuesday when my 8320 gets here!!! wheee.gif

You guys and your 8320's. ;p
Main thing I don't like about them is the part where in most cases they tend to need more v than 8350's for same clock to clock matching.
post #3360 of 10107
Quote:
Originally Posted by endevite View Post

You guys and your 8320's. ;p
Main thing I don't like about them is the part where in most cases they tend to need more v than 8350's for same clock to clock matching.

weeeell, i wanted the 50 but no one had them that i could get reasonable shipping or free shipping plus i didn't have the extra clams to get it. so i settled for the 20. it will serve my purpose more then plenty, passmark's numbers show that it starts 2000 points higher than i could get with this one OC'd so i will be happy. hoping to break 10k!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] ASUS sabertooth AMD Owners Club