Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] ASUS sabertooth AMD Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] ASUS sabertooth AMD Owners Club - Page 363

Poll Results: whats your choice for 990fx

Poll expired: Jul 11, 2011  
  • 0% (1)
    Asus M5A97evo
  • 0% (1)
    Asus M5A99Xevo
  • 49% (58)
    Asus Sabertooth 990fx
  • 31% (37)
    Asus Crosshair V Formula / Thunderbolt
  • 0% (1)
    Biostar TA-990FXE
  • 12% (15)
    Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD7
  • 4% (5)
    MSI 990FXA-GD80
118 Total Votes  
post #3621 of 10107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raephen View Post

Not sure if this is relevant, but do you run your 4 sticks of ram at 1866MHz?
I vaguely remember reading somewhere that with all four slots filled, it was only able or maybe just best to run the memory at 1600MHz.
I don't know if this was merely related to a mobo or these chips in general.
Best of luck!

No I have all 4 running at 2000 .. I'll try backing them off to 1600
post #3622 of 10107
Hey guys. I have the R2.
Can anyone explain to me why whatever I set CPU Load Line to it just reverts back to regular.
Also can anyone point me in the direction of a guide to the benefits of adjusting the CPU/NB current Capability etc?
Thanks.
post #3623 of 10107
Add me, i need some help clocking this ***** biggrin.gif
runs 8150 up from 3.6ghz to 4.2 and runs fine, problem i have is getting the ram to run correctly without crashing frown.gif

Verification
My board running 4.2ghz with poor ram speeds
Edited by dcmprince - 11/25/12 at 7:43am
post #3624 of 10107
running fine now at.. 4575 thanks for your help
post #3625 of 10107
Quote:
Originally Posted by virtualelvis View Post

running fine now at.. 4575 thanks for your help

Glad it helped. Wasn't sure if it could be the problem, but like I said: I recalled reading something about that somewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmprince View Post

Add me, i need some help clocking this ***** biggrin.gif
runs 8150 up from 3.6ghz to 4.2 and runs fine, problem i have is getting the ram to run correctly without crashing frown.gif
Verification
My board running 4.2ghz with poor ram speeds

I'm having trouble getting everything really stable when also overclocking my ram, just 2 sticks 1866MHz Corsair Vengeance, red.

What spee dare yours and which do you run them at?
Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
HTPC
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
RyZen 5 1600X MSI B350M Mortar Arctic Sapphire R9 290 Corsair LPX 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
samsung 840 Thermalright True Spirit 140 Power Arctic Twin Turbo II & Gelid VRM enhancement ki... Win 10 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG248QE Logitech K360 SeaSonic 860xp2 Phantom 630 
Mouse
Corsair M90 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 5350 Asrock AM1H-ITX IGP: AMD R3 Crucial Value 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Sansung 840 WD30EFRX Win 7 64 bit LG 50LB670V-ZA 
KeyboardCaseMouse
Rapoo E9070 Wireless Ultra Slim keyboard Corsair 250D Logitech G602 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
HTPC
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
RyZen 5 1600X MSI B350M Mortar Arctic Sapphire R9 290 Corsair LPX 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
samsung 840 Thermalright True Spirit 140 Power Arctic Twin Turbo II & Gelid VRM enhancement ki... Win 10 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG248QE Logitech K360 SeaSonic 860xp2 Phantom 630 
Mouse
Corsair M90 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 5350 Asrock AM1H-ITX IGP: AMD R3 Crucial Value 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Sansung 840 WD30EFRX Win 7 64 bit LG 50LB670V-ZA 
KeyboardCaseMouse
Rapoo E9070 Wireless Ultra Slim keyboard Corsair 250D Logitech G602 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3626 of 10107
I'm currently running 16 G.Skill RipjawsZ 1866Mhz ram @ 1866Mhz it runs fine even with the CPU @ 5.0Ghz. Tomorrow I'm changing it for 16gig of TridentX 19200 (2400Mhz) ram.
FX-8350
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8350 ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX 2x GTX580 G.Skill Trident X F3-2400C10Q-32GTX 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Force Series 3 180GB SSD Corsair Force Series 3 120GB SSD Corsair Force Series GT 120GB SSD Seagate Barracuda 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda Seagate Barracuda Water Windows 8 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Samsung 32inch 2 x ASUS 24inch Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Coolermaster Silent Pro Gold 1200watt 
CaseMouse
CoolerMaster HAF X Cyborg R.A.T 7 
  hide details  
Reply
FX-8350
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8350 ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX 2x GTX580 G.Skill Trident X F3-2400C10Q-32GTX 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Force Series 3 180GB SSD Corsair Force Series 3 120GB SSD Corsair Force Series GT 120GB SSD Seagate Barracuda 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda Seagate Barracuda Water Windows 8 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Samsung 32inch 2 x ASUS 24inch Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Coolermaster Silent Pro Gold 1200watt 
CaseMouse
CoolerMaster HAF X Cyborg R.A.T 7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3627 of 10107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistral View Post

I'm currently running 16 G.Skill RipjawsZ 1866Mhz ram @ 1866Mhz it runs fine even with the CPU @ 5.0Ghz. Tomorrow I'm changing it for 16gig of TridentX 19200 (2400Mhz) ram.

Hey! Mistral. Could you write down all your timings you set in BIOS to run those RAM sticks @ 1866 MHz ?
I am quite curious about it because when I had Thuban 1090 I could run mine with settings like these:
From the top of Memory Timings tab in BIOS:
CAS 8-9-8-24 (then) 4-4-4-8 (then) WRT 12 - 110 ns (then) RCT 36 and then to the bottom 5-3-2-2 and finally 1T wink.gif

CPU/NB Frequency: 2925 MHz
CPU/NB Voltage: 1.3375
RAM speed: 1800 (but it has worked fine with 1854 MHz and the same settings like above)
RAM V 1.65

Ok! And I started to overclock (finally) my FX and here I came up to this:



The stress testing finished without any errors, so I could assume that it is stable.
Quite fine CPU Vcore voltage under load 1.26 V (1.281 V in BIOS).

But I was amazed when I started to overclock CPU/NB. 1.2437 V is enough to keep it at 2200 MHz but then I tried to change it to 2600 (which was a piece of cake for Thuban with 1.26 V or a little bit higher).
Here I set 1.26 V for the first time and quite strange things started to happen - It started to boot but restarted every time Windows logo started to appear.
I end up at 1.31 CPU/NB voltage and it seemed that it was even worse.
I came to the conclusion that overclocking FX and PD is a little bit different as for CPU/NB.
On the other hand HT Link set up at 2600 without even changing default voltage is very easy.

Have you got any suggestions what should I change to get it stable @ 2600 MHz ( at least)?

Or maybe my RAM Corsair 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory Kit (CMX8GX3M2A2000C9) is a limiting factor ?
I stuck here and really don't know what to do. :/

I think I will look for another set of RAM and I was thinking about those G.Skill Ripjaws [ RipjawsZ ] F3-17000CL9Q-8GBZH (2Gx4) ?
Or any other (I will be satisfied to get 2000 MHz but with decent timings ;>) ? (sorry for this long post)
Fire & Water
(20 items)
 
®Evolution
(17 items)
 
Katana
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T MSI 790FX-GD70 (1.16) MSI 460 GTX 1GB 256 Bit Cyclone OC Patriot 2x2 GB 1066@1600 7-7-7-20-27 1.80V 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
SSD VTX3-25SAT3-60G Samsung 2x500MB@RAID 0 Seagate 1.5 TB LG GH-22NS50 sATA 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Iiyama 26'' Logitech UltraX Corsair TX 850 V2EU 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Cooler Master Dominator RC-690-KWN1-GP Black Logitech MX Revolution stock 
  hide details  
Reply
Fire & Water
(20 items)
 
®Evolution
(17 items)
 
Katana
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T MSI 790FX-GD70 (1.16) MSI 460 GTX 1GB 256 Bit Cyclone OC Patriot 2x2 GB 1066@1600 7-7-7-20-27 1.80V 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
SSD VTX3-25SAT3-60G Samsung 2x500MB@RAID 0 Seagate 1.5 TB LG GH-22NS50 sATA 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Iiyama 26'' Logitech UltraX Corsair TX 850 V2EU 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Cooler Master Dominator RC-690-KWN1-GP Black Logitech MX Revolution stock 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3628 of 10107
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendrago View Post

Hey! Mistral. Could you write down all your timings you set in BIOS to run those RAM sticks @ 1866 MHz ?
I am quite curious about it because when I had Thuban 1090 I could run mine with settings like these:
From the top of Memory Timings tab in BIOS:
CAS 8-9-8-24 (then) 4-4-4-8 (then) WRT 12 - 110 ns (then) RCT 36 and then to the bottom 5-3-2-2 and finally 1T wink.gif
CPU/NB Frequency: 2925 MHz
CPU/NB Voltage: 1.3375
RAM speed: 1800 (but it has worked fine with 1854 MHz and the same settings like above)
RAM V 1.65
Ok! And I started to overclock (finally) my FX and here I came up to this:

The stress testing finished without any errors, so I could assume that it is stable.
Quite fine CPU Vcore voltage under load 1.26 V (1.281 V in BIOS).
But I was amazed when I started to overclock CPU/NB. 1.2437 V is enough to keep it at 2200 MHz but then I tried to change it to 2600 (which was a piece of cake for Thuban with 1.26 V or a little bit higher).
Here I set 1.26 V for the first time and quite strange things started to happen - It started to boot but restarted every time Windows logo started to appear.
I end up at 1.31 CPU/NB voltage and it seemed that it was even worse.
I came to the conclusion that overclocking FX and PD is a little bit different as for CPU/NB.
On the other hand HT Link set up at 2600 without even changing default voltage is very easy.
Have you got any suggestions what should I change to get it stable @ 2600 MHz ( at least)?
Or maybe my RAM Corsair 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory Kit (CMX8GX3M2A2000C9) is a limiting factor ?
I stuck here and really don't know what to do. :/
I think I will look for another set of RAM and I was thinking about those G.Skill Ripjaws [ RipjawsZ ] F3-17000CL9Q-8GBZH (2Gx4) ?
Or any other (I will be satisfied to get 2000 MHz but with decent timings ;>) ? (sorry for this long post)

I've used several kits of G.Skill RipjawsZ F3-14900CL9Q-16GBZL they all worked fine. The Kit I've just removed was running at 9-10-9-28-37-2T @ 1.55v, ( I can't give you the other settings I've just replaced the kit with a TridentX 2400Mhz 16gig kit but auto should be fine) . The CPU was @ 5.0Ghz CPU/NB and HT Link @ 2600Mhz ( I never run the HT Link higher than the CPU it can cause instability) The CPU/NB voltage was 1.4v with the LLC on regular. I'm currently running tests on the tridents so far it's @ 2218Mhz 9-11-11-31-2T @ 1.65v CPU/NB and HT are @ 2704Ghz. I'm using Win 8 Pro O/S. That kit should work fine I'm basically running the Tridents the same at the moment with slightly different timings.
FX-8350
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8350 ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX 2x GTX580 G.Skill Trident X F3-2400C10Q-32GTX 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Force Series 3 180GB SSD Corsair Force Series 3 120GB SSD Corsair Force Series GT 120GB SSD Seagate Barracuda 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda Seagate Barracuda Water Windows 8 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Samsung 32inch 2 x ASUS 24inch Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Coolermaster Silent Pro Gold 1200watt 
CaseMouse
CoolerMaster HAF X Cyborg R.A.T 7 
  hide details  
Reply
FX-8350
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8350 ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX 2x GTX580 G.Skill Trident X F3-2400C10Q-32GTX 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Force Series 3 180GB SSD Corsair Force Series 3 120GB SSD Corsair Force Series GT 120GB SSD Seagate Barracuda 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda Seagate Barracuda Water Windows 8 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Samsung 32inch 2 x ASUS 24inch Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Coolermaster Silent Pro Gold 1200watt 
CaseMouse
CoolerMaster HAF X Cyborg R.A.T 7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3629 of 10107
Hi there.
I have corsair cmz8gx3m2a1600c8 ram can someone please tell me which settings I need to change in my bios to set the ram working as it should. Right now everything is set to auto and my timings are 9-9-9-24 1t

I haven't changed anything in the bios before so please can someone help me.


Do I just change the 9-9-9 to 8-8-8 ?
post #3630 of 10107
Im running 8gb DDr3 1866mhz GeiL EVOTWO .... even when i start the mobo without clocking it doesnt see it as 1866 but 1600... but when selecting the correct timings for the ram, when i over clock the processor it pushes the ram, so i need to reduce the clock timing on the membery or it wont boot... am i doing something wrong?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] ASUS sabertooth AMD Owners Club