Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] ASUS sabertooth AMD Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] ASUS sabertooth AMD Owners Club - Page 832

Poll Results: whats your choice for 990fx

Poll expired: Jul 11, 2011  
  • 0% (1)
    Asus M5A97evo
  • 0% (1)
    Asus M5A99Xevo
  • 49% (58)
    Asus Sabertooth 990fx
  • 31% (37)
    Asus Crosshair V Formula / Thunderbolt
  • 0% (1)
    Biostar TA-990FXE
  • 12% (15)
    Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD7
  • 4% (5)
    MSI 990FXA-GD80
118 Total Votes  
post #8311 of 10159
Quick question I am currently at 2600 north bridge @1.3v that that safe? Can I go higher? Processor 8350.
Edited by amin12345 - 5/17/15 at 11:51pm
post #8312 of 10159
Quote:
Originally Posted by amin12345 View Post

Quick question I am currently at 2600 north bridge @3.0v that that safe? Can I go higher? Processor 8350.

Whut? You sure about the 3.0Volts?
post #8313 of 10159
Quote:
Originally Posted by mus1mus View Post

Whut? You sure about the 3.0Volts?
My bad its 1.3v
post #8314 of 10159
Dont talk about North Bridge. Specify if it's CPU-NB or Hyper Transport Link.

CPU-NB Defaults to 2200 and HT Link is at 2600.

CPU-NB past 2600 is a hit or miss thing. Very CPU dependent. HT Link is easy to OC but will be useless for a system with less than 3 GPUs and Hard to determine stability.

Which is which?
post #8315 of 10159
Quote:
Originally Posted by mus1mus View Post

Dont talk about North Bridge. Specify if it's CPU-NB or Hyper Transport Link.

CPU-NB Defaults to 2200 and HT Link is at 2600.

CPU-NB past 2600 is a hit or miss thing. Very CPU dependent. HT Link is easy to OC but will be useless for a system with less than 3 GPUs and Hard to determine stability.

Which is which?

its CPU-NB @ 2600 the hp link is @ 2200 can i go higher because i see games become smoother with CPU-NB @ 2600. how much more volts will it require if i went to 2800?
post #8316 of 10159
Quote:
Originally Posted by amin12345 View Post

its CPU-NB @ 2600 the hp link is @ 2200 can i go higher because i see games become smoother with CPU-NB @ 2600. how much more volts will it require if i went to 2800?

HT is stock 2600 so i would suggest to set it at that speed.

Yes another one that notice a difference between stock and 2600 CPu/NB biggrin.gif

The voltage is different from each chip, mine runs fine on 1.32V but yours can be higher or lower.

The highest i could get was 2750mhz cpu/nb but due to heat i could not get it stable. I guess i needed 1.4 volts for only benching so it was not even near 24/7 stable i think.

you just need to test it, maybe your chip will not even run 2800mhz cpu/nb. And to be honest i don't know if there is such an big difference between 2600 vs 2800 and if its worth the extra heat.

To test for stability, i would run IBT AVX for 10 passes and if nothing strange is going on i would just try to play some games and do some internet browsing.

I noticed that if my cpu/nb become unstable Google chrome and YouTube begins to stutter and lag. Once i upper the voltage its gone.
hurricane
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN 1600 Asus Crosshair hero 6 MSI GTX 970 gaming 4G G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 pro, 256 GB Alphacool Eisbaer 360 Windows 10 Pro Asus VG248Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G910 Cooler Master V850 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe tempered glass Logitech G900 
Audio
logitech Z-2300 
  hide details  
Reply
hurricane
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN 1600 Asus Crosshair hero 6 MSI GTX 970 gaming 4G G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 pro, 256 GB Alphacool Eisbaer 360 Windows 10 Pro Asus VG248Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G910 Cooler Master V850 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe tempered glass Logitech G900 
Audio
logitech Z-2300 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8317 of 10159
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane28 View Post

HT is stock 2600 so i would suggest to set it at that speed.

Yes another one that notice a difference between stock and 2600 CPu/NB biggrin.gif

The voltage is different from each chip, mine runs fine on 1.32V but yours can be higher or lower.

The highest i could get was 2750mhz cpu/nb but due to heat i could not get it stable. I guess i needed 1.4 volts for only benching so it was not even near 24/7 stable i think.

you just need to test it, maybe your chip will not even run 2800mhz cpu/nb. And to be honest i don't know if there is such an big difference between 2600 vs 2800 and if its worth the extra heat.

To test for stability, i would run IBT AVX for 10 passes and if nothing strange is going on i would just try to play some games and do some internet browsing.

I noticed that if my cpu/nb become unstable Google chrome and YouTube begins to stutter and lag. Once i upper the voltage its gone.


The HT link speed is on auto, CPU-Z Reports its running at 2200. When I set the bios to default values, no overclocking then the HT-Link speed changes to 2600? shall I change this to 2600 from auto?
post #8318 of 10159
Quote:
Originally Posted by amin12345 View Post

The HT link speed is on auto, CPU-Z Reports its running at 2200. When I set the bios to default values, no overclocking then the HT-Link speed changes to 2600? shall I change this to 2600 from auto?

Strange, yes you should set the ht to 2600. Lower ht can cause some problems as well as higher ht.

I am running 2600 for ht and cpu/nb and gives me the best stability/performance.
hurricane
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN 1600 Asus Crosshair hero 6 MSI GTX 970 gaming 4G G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 pro, 256 GB Alphacool Eisbaer 360 Windows 10 Pro Asus VG248Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G910 Cooler Master V850 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe tempered glass Logitech G900 
Audio
logitech Z-2300 
  hide details  
Reply
hurricane
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN 1600 Asus Crosshair hero 6 MSI GTX 970 gaming 4G G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 pro, 256 GB Alphacool Eisbaer 360 Windows 10 Pro Asus VG248Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G910 Cooler Master V850 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe tempered glass Logitech G900 
Audio
logitech Z-2300 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8319 of 10159
I have a question it's been a couple of months now that I build my new system and this only happens every now then and Will it just happen to me again today.
I turn on my system this morning and when I got off I put my system on sleep mode but when I return later I notice my power button lite was not blinking {it blinks when system is on sleep mode} but a solid lite {solid lite when the system is on}I try my key board and mouse with no responds I have to shut my power switch to my PSU and boot back up and I get a Windows Error would I like to start on safe mode or normal mode ? I have a green lite on the mother board but my key board and mouse will not respond?
Like I say it only happens ounce in a while but gets annoying that I can't fig this out.
Asus Sabbartooth mother board
Windows 7 Pro 64bit
16GB G-Skills Sniper
850w PSU Gold
MSI R9 280x
Phenom II x4 965 CPU
post #8320 of 10159
Mine is 2600 cpu-nb with 1.150V
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] ASUS sabertooth AMD Owners Club