Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Joystiq]Halo 4 Finish the fight again 2012 [UPDATE]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Joystiq]Halo 4 Finish the fight again 2012 [UPDATE] - Page 4

post #31 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman340 View Post
This has been known for a very long time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR KROGOTH View Post
They said no more Halo after Reach.
really? hm.. didnt keep up with that halo news good to know now
Mini-Box
(18 items)
 
 
Flowery Pink
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe Evga Gtx 670 SC 4gb Samsung 8gb (4gb x2) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair GT Samsung 830 Western Digital Scorpio Black 750gb Panasonic Slim Blu-ray Burner 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Ek Supreme HF Nickel  EK Gtx 670 Nickel Windows 8 64-Bit Dell U2412m 
KeyboardCaseMouseMouse Pad
Logitech K810 Silverstone Sugo SG05-450 Logitech G700 Corsair 
AudioAudio
Fiio E17 Mackie MR5MK2 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 @ 4.1 1.35v Msi Big Bang Xpower 3x EVGA GTX 470 + Evga Gtx 465 24gb Corsair XMS3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
C300 64gb + Samsung F3 1TB 2x LG Blu-ray/HD-Dvd Drive Antec Kuhler 920 Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 2693HM Corsair K60 Antec HCP-1200 Corsair 800D 
MouseAudio
Logitech G700 Corsair SP2200 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k Asus h67 Nvidia GTS 450 Crucial  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital  Samsung dvd-rw Intel Stock Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
PowerCaseAudio
Corsair CX430 InWin Allure Creative X-Fi Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
Mini-Box
(18 items)
 
 
Flowery Pink
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe Evga Gtx 670 SC 4gb Samsung 8gb (4gb x2) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair GT Samsung 830 Western Digital Scorpio Black 750gb Panasonic Slim Blu-ray Burner 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Ek Supreme HF Nickel  EK Gtx 670 Nickel Windows 8 64-Bit Dell U2412m 
KeyboardCaseMouseMouse Pad
Logitech K810 Silverstone Sugo SG05-450 Logitech G700 Corsair 
AudioAudio
Fiio E17 Mackie MR5MK2 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 @ 4.1 1.35v Msi Big Bang Xpower 3x EVGA GTX 470 + Evga Gtx 465 24gb Corsair XMS3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
C300 64gb + Samsung F3 1TB 2x LG Blu-ray/HD-Dvd Drive Antec Kuhler 920 Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 2693HM Corsair K60 Antec HCP-1200 Corsair 800D 
MouseAudio
Logitech G700 Corsair SP2200 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k Asus h67 Nvidia GTS 450 Crucial  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital  Samsung dvd-rw Intel Stock Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
PowerCaseAudio
Corsair CX430 InWin Allure Creative X-Fi Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #32 of 64
Also, Since Halo 4 is by 343 and not Bungie, it is not a rehash. It would be a rehash if Bungie did it, but they aren't.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon w3680 Gigabyte X58A-UD3R GTX 295 Engineering Samples 2X Corsair XMS3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Sandisk SSD Seagate Corsair H50 W7 Ult 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardCase
Viewsonic VA1912wb Viewsonic VA912b K350 CM HAF 
Mouse
Logitech M570 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon w3680 Gigabyte X58A-UD3R GTX 295 Engineering Samples 2X Corsair XMS3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Sandisk SSD Seagate Corsair H50 W7 Ult 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardCase
Viewsonic VA1912wb Viewsonic VA912b K350 CM HAF 
Mouse
Logitech M570 
  hide details  
Reply
post #33 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by kschat View Post
But you said they were going to rehash Halo like Activision is doing to CoD, that suggests that they would use the same engine for years and only change a few textures, guns etc. Actually a new graphics engine kind of does make the game considering that is what is used to develop the game, the engine dictates everything about the game.
no it really doesn't at all. It suggests it will be essentially the same game every year, pretty graphics or not. The gameplay and design of the game actually matters more. believe it or not the developers dictate everything and not the engine and the engine wont make halo 4 magically different from all the others. Your point is extremely flimsy.
My PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6750 @ 3.1ghz Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R EVGA GTX 260 core 216 55nm 2gig x 2 G.Skill DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD 250gb 7200RPM & 1TB samsung 5400 Windows 7 64bit Acer AL2216Wbd 22'' corsair 850tx 
Case
CM 690 stock 
  hide details  
Reply
My PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6750 @ 3.1ghz Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R EVGA GTX 260 core 216 55nm 2gig x 2 G.Skill DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD 250gb 7200RPM & 1TB samsung 5400 Windows 7 64bit Acer AL2216Wbd 22'' corsair 850tx 
Case
CM 690 stock 
  hide details  
Reply
post #34 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opeth07 View Post
no it really doesn't at all. It suggests it will be essentially the same game every year, pretty graphics or not. The gameplay and design of the game actually matters more. believe it or not.
Subjective...

CoD's game play has been the same over the course of the years because they are using the same engine. Do me a favor, go play Halo 3 and then switch over the Halo Reach, you can feel the difference in game play because they used different engines.
baby cakes
(13 items)
 
Macbook 4,1
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 [4.01Ghz vCore 1.28125 HT on] GA-X58A-UD3R ZOTAC GTX 460 1GB SLI [840/1680/1900 @stock volts] CORSAIR XMS3 6GB (3 x 2GB) 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
C300 64GB SATA III, 2x F3 1TB 7200rpm RAID 0 Sony Optiarc 24X DVD/CD Ubuntu 14.04 22" Dell SP2009W 1680x1050 
PowerCase
CORSAIR HX 750W Cooler Master HAF 922 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz Penryn T8300 Some logical board GMA X3100 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 667Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi 160 GB 5400 RPM SATA II Combo drive OSX 10.6.4 (Snow leopard) 13.3" 1280x800 TFT 
PowerCase
Dying battery White macbook case 
  hide details  
Reply
baby cakes
(13 items)
 
Macbook 4,1
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 [4.01Ghz vCore 1.28125 HT on] GA-X58A-UD3R ZOTAC GTX 460 1GB SLI [840/1680/1900 @stock volts] CORSAIR XMS3 6GB (3 x 2GB) 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
C300 64GB SATA III, 2x F3 1TB 7200rpm RAID 0 Sony Optiarc 24X DVD/CD Ubuntu 14.04 22" Dell SP2009W 1680x1050 
PowerCase
CORSAIR HX 750W Cooler Master HAF 922 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz Penryn T8300 Some logical board GMA X3100 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 667Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi 160 GB 5400 RPM SATA II Combo drive OSX 10.6.4 (Snow leopard) 13.3" 1280x800 TFT 
PowerCase
Dying battery White macbook case 
  hide details  
Reply
post #35 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opeth07 View Post
no it really doesn't at all. It suggests it will be essentially the same game every year, pretty graphics or not. The gameplay and design of the game actually matters more. believe it or not the developers dictate everything and not the engine and the engine wont make halo 4 magically different from all the others. Your point is extremely flimsy.
well obviously, when you make a new game, it is suppose to be magically different.

i remember when i played the first quake, and then quake 2 came out and suddenly the game was played with bows and arrows and sticks with rocks tied to them. Totally reinvented the genre.

I cant hate on Halo, sure its kinda being milked, but they put out a good story, and deliver alot of content, unlike the other series being compared here.

A new engine can mean alot, perhaps halo 4 will feature destructable environments, and other new features. Engines determine a ton about the game being made. Such as the IWengine, any game made on that is going to feature terrible smoke, dated graphics, and an environment that cannot be destroyed, weak animation, and low polygon counts on the environment. While jumping from frostbite 1.5 engine, to 2.0. Well anyone paying attention knows just how big of a leap it has.
Current build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q9950 stock asus p5n-d 5870 4 gb ocz 
OS
windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
Current build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q9950 stock asus p5n-d 5870 4 gb ocz 
OS
windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #36 of 64
You mean start the fight? Its a whole new trilogy.
post #37 of 64
How can you compare Halo to COD? Call of Duty is trying to hard to be a intense action FPS. The fact is it is trying to be something it isn't. Call of Duty is also trying to have a active fan-base and story line, again, the fact is it is just a rehashed run and gun game, with a 2 second clip, then mindless shooting.

Halo on the other hand is a game with a actual story line. The game just shows that story line. This next trilogy is about continuing the story, not rehashing the same material.
post #38 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhati View Post
well obviously, when you make a new game, it is suppose to be magically different.

i remember when i played the first quake, and then quake 2 came out and suddenly the game was played with bows and arrows and sticks with rocks tied to them. Totally reinvented the genre.

I cant hate on Halo, sure its kinda being milked, but they put out a good story, and deliver alot of content, unlike the other series being compared here.

A new engine can mean alot, perhaps halo 4 will feature destructable environments, and other new features. Engines determine a ton about the game being made. Such as the IWengine, any game made on that is going to feature terrible smoke, dated graphics, and an environment that cannot be destroyed, weak animation, and low polygon counts on the environment. While jumping from frostbite 1.5 engine, to 2.0. Well anyone paying attention knows just how big of a leap it has.
A new engine doesn't guarantee anything though. A developer doesnt have to change anything major just because of it. Using that as an assumption that things are going to change drastically is nonsensical. It will be halo 4 with better graphics and maybe better physics. Not really a titanic shift.
My PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6750 @ 3.1ghz Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R EVGA GTX 260 core 216 55nm 2gig x 2 G.Skill DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD 250gb 7200RPM & 1TB samsung 5400 Windows 7 64bit Acer AL2216Wbd 22'' corsair 850tx 
Case
CM 690 stock 
  hide details  
Reply
My PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6750 @ 3.1ghz Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R EVGA GTX 260 core 216 55nm 2gig x 2 G.Skill DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD 250gb 7200RPM & 1TB samsung 5400 Windows 7 64bit Acer AL2216Wbd 22'' corsair 850tx 
Case
CM 690 stock 
  hide details  
Reply
post #39 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opeth07 View Post
A new engine doesn't guarantee anything though. A developer doesnt have to change anything major just because of it. Using that as an assumption that things are going to change drastically is nonsensical. It will be halo 4 with better graphics and maybe better physics. Not really a titanic shift.
NO, it doesnt guarantee it, but they dont simply change engines for no reason.

If they didnt have plans to do new stuff, they wouldnt use a new engine. Think about, Devs build new engines when they decide that the one they are using is not capable of handling what the devs want.


Anyon expecting drastic changes to a game obviously has never played a sequel to any other game franchise. They dont reinvent the series, they improve and build upon the originals, or in the case of COD, they retexture the game.
Current build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q9950 stock asus p5n-d 5870 4 gb ocz 
OS
windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
Current build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q9950 stock asus p5n-d 5870 4 gb ocz 
OS
windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #40 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhati View Post
NO, it doesnt guarantee it, but they dont simply change engines for no reason.

If they didnt have plans to do new stuff, they wouldnt use a new engine. Think about, Devs build new engines when they decide that the one they are using is not capable of handling what the devs want.


Anyon expecting drastic changes to a game obviously has never played a sequel to any other game franchise. They dont reinvent the series, they improve and build upon the originals, or in the case of COD, they retexture the game.
Yes and you're agreeing with my point. They can do new things with a new engine but they're essentially giving the game a new paint job. Which is cool, for people that want to play the same game in a new shell. But I already finished halo after 3 essentially because of the incremental changes.
My PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6750 @ 3.1ghz Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R EVGA GTX 260 core 216 55nm 2gig x 2 G.Skill DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD 250gb 7200RPM & 1TB samsung 5400 Windows 7 64bit Acer AL2216Wbd 22'' corsair 850tx 
Case
CM 690 stock 
  hide details  
Reply
My PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6750 @ 3.1ghz Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R EVGA GTX 260 core 216 55nm 2gig x 2 G.Skill DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD 250gb 7200RPM & 1TB samsung 5400 Windows 7 64bit Acer AL2216Wbd 22'' corsair 850tx 
Case
CM 690 stock 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Joystiq]Halo 4 Finish the fight again 2012 [UPDATE]