Originally Posted by Booty Warrior
- The problem started with my 560 Tis ~ a month ago, maybe a little more.
- No new software, other than game DLs
- Yes, both cards were overvolted and OC'd, though my current card isn't.
- Yes they would appear at stock clocks.
- They appear very sporadically. Like I can play for an hour or two and get nothing, or I can see them in the first few minutes of gaming.
- The 9800GT is brand new. There is a chance it could have just been defective as well, but considering everything else IDK how likely that is.
Wow odd. Anyway what the others say is true. Psus either make stuff work or make them smoke, only in extremely rare cases does the psu give unstable voltages to the hardware, which could explain the periodic artifacts. Even if that were to be true, it would occur not only in games, but in your daily tasks including mere youtube videos.
Some basic troubleshooting tips: Did you install the cards in a low/no static environment(no carpets)?, have you cleared the dust from all your connectors(your video output & pci lane's interior)? Also you could try testing ram sticks 1 by 1.
Best thing to do is to bring whatever it is you think is faulty down to the people who are giving you the RMA and make them test it on the spot. It's basic customer service and they should not deny you of it - especially if you mention your unique case. They usually have a bunch of technicians at the back hoarding a buttload of psus for your testing pleasure ^_^Edited by Dust - 6/8/11 at 1:15am