Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › The Witcher 2 Price Drop!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Witcher 2 Price Drop! - Page 2

post #11 of 26
If anyone is getting it on steam be wary of 9GB patches.
MiniBeast
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K Asrock Z97E-ITX/ac ASUS GTX970 Strix 16GB 1866 G.Skill Sniper 9-10-9-28 1.5V 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
500GB Samsung 850 EVO / 1TB WD Blue LG BD-Reader Corsair H100i Windows 8.1 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell Ultrasharp U2412M CM Storm Quickfire TK (MX Blues) Rosewill PHOTON 650W 80PLUS Gold Corsair Obsidian 250D 
MouseAudio
Razer Deathadder Onboard Realtek ALC1150 
  hide details  
Reply
MiniBeast
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K Asrock Z97E-ITX/ac ASUS GTX970 Strix 16GB 1866 G.Skill Sniper 9-10-9-28 1.5V 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
500GB Samsung 850 EVO / 1TB WD Blue LG BD-Reader Corsair H100i Windows 8.1 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell Ultrasharp U2412M CM Storm Quickfire TK (MX Blues) Rosewill PHOTON 650W 80PLUS Gold Corsair Obsidian 250D 
MouseAudio
Razer Deathadder Onboard Realtek ALC1150 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 26
If you don't have this game you absolutely must buy it, no questions asked.
post #13 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Peen View Post
If you don't have this game you absolutely must buy it, no questions asked.
^This.

Bought it less than a week ago and I already played +60 hours on it.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 7700k ASUS Maximus IX Formula EVGA GTX1080 Ti *soon* EVGA GTX1080 Ti *soon* 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666MHz CL16 Samsung 950 PRO M.2 512GB WD Red 4TB WD Green 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H110i GT Windows 10 PRO ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q Corsair K70 RGB MX Brown 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA Supernova T2 850W Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum Razer Destructor 2 
AudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamic DT-770 PRO 80ohm JDS O2+ODAC Zalman MIC-M1 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 7700k ASUS Maximus IX Formula EVGA GTX1080 Ti *soon* EVGA GTX1080 Ti *soon* 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666MHz CL16 Samsung 950 PRO M.2 512GB WD Red 4TB WD Green 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H110i GT Windows 10 PRO ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q Corsair K70 RGB MX Brown 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA Supernova T2 850W Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum Razer Destructor 2 
AudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamic DT-770 PRO 80ohm JDS O2+ODAC Zalman MIC-M1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoltnik View Post
Wait, it's still 49.99 here?
NCIX had it for 40.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 Doh eVGA 759 Classy Gigabyte GTX 470 6 gb Mushkin Blackline 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
80gb SSD, 2x640 Black, 2x1TB Green, 640 Green Samsung DVD-RW W7 64bit 1920x1200 Asus 25.5 incher 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Realforce 86ub + HHKbp2 Silverstone Zeus 850W Ravenfish Rayzor Naga | Sseries Xai 
Mouse Pad
Rayzor Sphex | PT Talent 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 Doh eVGA 759 Classy Gigabyte GTX 470 6 gb Mushkin Blackline 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
80gb SSD, 2x640 Black, 2x1TB Green, 640 Green Samsung DVD-RW W7 64bit 1920x1200 Asus 25.5 incher 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Realforce 86ub + HHKbp2 Silverstone Zeus 850W Ravenfish Rayzor Naga | Sseries Xai 
Mouse Pad
Rayzor Sphex | PT Talent 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhati View Post
thats so silly that i dont know where to start. Lets just say you are wrong on all counts.

1. They removed the DRM because they as a studio do not believe in hassling the customer, It was required by Atari to be put in, as they published it. The DRM was nothing more than a date check anyway. After release their was no need for it, so they removed it in order to provide the best experience for the paying customer.

2. They dont care about pirates because they are focused on the customer, and providing the best experience for them. Which results in more sales, because people appreciate the way they do business.

Has nothing to do with consoles wacko.
Seems you read more into my comment than was actually there. My first point implies everything you state above, no arguments on that here. My second point is also true, whether you agree or not. If it wasn't for console sales, TW2 would have never been developed. Is this notion 'wacko'? Do you really think more people will be buying TW2 (PC version) because of the studio's ideals rather than ripping it off since it's easy and risk free to do so? A rather naive POV IMO.
post #16 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by T1nk3rb311 View Post
Well, you're in Canada!

Canada sucks.
Canada always get the same deals has US usually. and canada does not suck, you just jelly.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 860 3.33 ghz Gigabyte p55-UD4P GTX 560ti SLI 8 gb Kingston HyperX 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 1tb caviar black Windows 7 64 bit BenQ 22.5 Inches Razer Lachesis 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair 850 Modular Corsair 650D Razer Naga SteelSeries Starcraft II 
Audio
Razer Carcharias 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 860 3.33 ghz Gigabyte p55-UD4P GTX 560ti SLI 8 gb Kingston HyperX 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 1tb caviar black Windows 7 64 bit BenQ 22.5 Inches Razer Lachesis 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair 850 Modular Corsair 650D Razer Naga SteelSeries Starcraft II 
Audio
Razer Carcharias 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by *AcidBath* View Post
Seems you read more into my comment than was actually there. My first point implies everything you state above, no arguments on that here. My second point is also true, whether you agree or not. If it wasn't for console sales, TW2 would have never been developed. Is this notion 'wacko'? Do you really think more people will be buying TW2 (PC version) because of the studio's ideals rather than ripping it off since it's easy and risk free to do so? A rather naive POV IMO.
the first game was pc only, and it did well enough to get a sequel.

Yes more people will buy the game because of their practices. People who are going to steal regardless, the dev studio is making sure that the people who buy get their money's worth and that in turn will earn them more sales now and in the future because people know its worth it and will tell their friends. i have probably sold 4-5 witcher games myself through word of mouth to my friends.
Current build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q9950 stock asus p5n-d 5870 4 gb ocz 
OS
windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
Current build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q9950 stock asus p5n-d 5870 4 gb ocz 
OS
windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by T1nk3rb311 View Post
Well, you're in Canada!

Canada sucks.
I bought a physical copy from ncix for 39.99$ last week, so we don't suck thank you very much
Monthly Changes
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
x3440 MSI Big Bang Fuzion xfx 5850 Mushkin 2000mhz (7-10-8-27-2T) 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
256 Crucial SSD, 1tb WD Black, 2TB WD Green Win 7 64bit I-Inc 25" XFX 850 watt 
Case
Haf X 
  hide details  
Reply
Monthly Changes
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
x3440 MSI Big Bang Fuzion xfx 5850 Mushkin 2000mhz (7-10-8-27-2T) 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
256 Crucial SSD, 1tb WD Black, 2TB WD Green Win 7 64bit I-Inc 25" XFX 850 watt 
Case
Haf X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by *AcidBath* View Post
Seems you read more into my comment than was actually there. My first point implies everything you state above, no arguments on that here. My second point is also true, whether you agree or not. If it wasn't for console sales, TW2 would have never been developed. Is this notion 'wacko'? Do you really think more people will be buying TW2 (PC version) because of the studio's ideals rather than ripping it off since it's easy and risk free to do so? A rather naive POV IMO.
TW2 would never have been developed if not for as-yet nonexistent console sales? Yeah, that notion is wacko, to say the least. The Witcher was developed as a PC exclusive. The console spin-off was scrapped, but the studio went ahead and completely overhauled the original with a complete dialogue re-write for the English speaking audience, drastically reduced load times, and tons of other little fixes. Then they gave it away for free to the community. CDPR is extremely vocal about being a PC-centric dev. studio. Look into the company. You'll see how absurd your "second point" is.
post #20 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhati View Post
thats so silly that i dont know where to start. Lets just say you are wrong on all counts.

1. They removed the DRM because they as a studio do not believe in hassling the customer, It was required by Atari to be put in, as they published it. The DRM was nothing more than a date check anyway. After release their was no need for it, so they removed it in order to provide the best experience for the paying customer.

2. They dont care about pirates because they are focused on the customer, and providing the best experience for them. Which results in more sales, because people appreciate the way they do business.

Has nothing to do with consoles wacko.
My exact thoughts. Didn't know it was possible to be so clueless and wrong at the same time.
AiryBox
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770k Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H Sapphire 7950 Vapor-X Corsair Vengeance 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi Desktar 7200RPM 1TB Samsung 830 128GB Corsair H100i W10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ 24" Qpad Mk-50 Cherry MX Red CM V700 NZXT H440 
  hide details  
Reply
AiryBox
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770k Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H Sapphire 7950 Vapor-X Corsair Vengeance 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi Desktar 7200RPM 1TB Samsung 830 128GB Corsair H100i W10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ 24" Qpad Mk-50 Cherry MX Red CM V700 NZXT H440 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › The Witcher 2 Price Drop!