Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › worth upgrading to i5 760?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

worth upgrading to i5 760? - Page 4

post #31 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXcrispyXI View Post
while gaming my current setup isnt doing thats great as i thought, cpu hits 100% usage in black ops bc2 metro and gta iv
What resolution are you playing at ? At 1920 X 1080 you really shouldn't see much if any difference upgrading to Lynnfield. I highly doubt any trouble you are having gaming with your current setup can solely be blamed on the CPU.

You might find this of interest. http://www.overclock.net/intel-cpus/...e-updated.html
Monster IIr
(20 items)
 
Tinker
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570K ASRock Z77 Extreme6 MSI R7970 G.SKILL Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD Black 640GB Crucial M4 SSD Corsair 840 SSD Seagate  
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Cogage Arrow Windows 7 Alienware AW2310 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell ST2410 BlackWidow Ultimate Corsair 850TX CM Sniper 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Corsair M60 FUNC X-Fi Titanium HD  Sennheiser PC360 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 760 EVGA P55 FTW XFX 5850 Mushkin Blackline 4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Caviar Blue 640 Asus Corsair A70 Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell ST2410 Rosewill RK-800G Seasonic M12II 620 NZXT Gamma 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G500 Func Archetype 1030 ASUS XONAR_DG JVC HA-RX700 
  hide details  
Reply
Monster IIr
(20 items)
 
Tinker
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570K ASRock Z77 Extreme6 MSI R7970 G.SKILL Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD Black 640GB Crucial M4 SSD Corsair 840 SSD Seagate  
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Cogage Arrow Windows 7 Alienware AW2310 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell ST2410 BlackWidow Ultimate Corsair 850TX CM Sniper 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Corsair M60 FUNC X-Fi Titanium HD  Sennheiser PC360 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 760 EVGA P55 FTW XFX 5850 Mushkin Blackline 4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Caviar Blue 640 Asus Corsair A70 Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell ST2410 Rosewill RK-800G Seasonic M12II 620 NZXT Gamma 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G500 Func Archetype 1030 ASUS XONAR_DG JVC HA-RX700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #32 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvjavs View Post
So you're saying that upgrading to one quad core will lower performance, but upgrading to the one that's more expensive, that really doesn't show a HUGE improvement over the other, is more worth while?
i5 650 -> i5 760 is not a true,complete upgrade. Performance will not better in everything. Since he will very likely reduce his OC from 4.5GHz to 4-4.2Ghz, performance could actually be worse in some single and dual-threaded tasks.

i5 650 -> i5 2500k is a true upgrade because performance will be better in everything. Yes, this path is more expensive than i5 760.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/191?vs=144

Load Power Consumption x264 HD 3.03 1st pass (Win7/Radeon HD 5870)
total system power consumption
110.6W vs 132W
21.4W difference
19.35% load power consumption increase i5 650 -> i5 760.
Also, dont overlook the fact that the i5 650 is clocked 400Mhz higher than the i5 760 at those power levels.
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II X4 750k Asus F2A85-V MSI GTX 750 Ti Team 2x2GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston SSD V300 120GB Zalman CNPS5X performa + Arctic MX-4 Windows 7 64-bit Asus VW222 22" LCD 1680x1050 
PowerCase
FSP 460W Foxconn TSAA-426 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium G3258 @ 4.4 GHz ~1.38Vcore ~1.9Vccin Ri... MSI H81M-P33 Asus GTX 750 Ti OC + Thermalright HR-11 backsid... Transcend 2x2GB @ 1400MHz (5-7-5-18) ~1.62V 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Intel SSD 330 240GB ZM CNPS5X (not performa) + 120mm fan (push) Windows 7 64bit Acer GD245HQ - 1920x1080 120Hz - Nvidia 3D Vision 
PowerCaseAudio
FSP 500W Enermax Phoenix Neo + 220mm Globefan (side) Creative Titanium HD + Beyer DT 880 - 250 ohm 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II X4 750k Asus F2A85-V MSI GTX 750 Ti Team 2x2GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston SSD V300 120GB Zalman CNPS5X performa + Arctic MX-4 Windows 7 64-bit Asus VW222 22" LCD 1680x1050 
PowerCase
FSP 460W Foxconn TSAA-426 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium G3258 @ 4.4 GHz ~1.38Vcore ~1.9Vccin Ri... MSI H81M-P33 Asus GTX 750 Ti OC + Thermalright HR-11 backsid... Transcend 2x2GB @ 1400MHz (5-7-5-18) ~1.62V 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Intel SSD 330 240GB ZM CNPS5X (not performa) + 120mm fan (push) Windows 7 64bit Acer GD245HQ - 1920x1080 120Hz - Nvidia 3D Vision 
PowerCaseAudio
FSP 500W Enermax Phoenix Neo + 220mm Globefan (side) Creative Titanium HD + Beyer DT 880 - 250 ohm 
  hide details  
Reply
post #33 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~sizzzle~ View Post
What resolution are you playing at ? At 1920 X 1080 you really shouldn't see much if any difference upgrading to Lynnfield. I highly doubt any trouble you are having gaming with your current setup can solely be blamed on the CPU.

You might find this of interest. http://www.overclock.net/intel-cpus/...e-updated.html
Well naturally, if you max out GPU settings, then the IPC differences are minimized. So yeah, it is a good question on what the OP likes. Maxed AA or 0x AA?

E.g. I usually use 0x AA, b/c I prefer the maximum min FPS I can get. That may just be me though. That is good work by Razi3l nonetheless. The Clarkdales were already somewhere between PhII's and Nehalem's, with stock clocks, so once maxed AA was introduced, naturally the FPS numbers moved to being GPU-limited, bar the few games that benefited from additional cores.
Main
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670K @ 4.7Ghz [1.284v] Z87X-UD4H [F7] MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 2x4GB Samsung MV-3V4G3; 10-10-10-28 @ 2133Mhz [... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
1x Samsung 850 Pro 256GB 1x Crucial M500 960GB 1x WD4003FZEX 1x WD30EFRX 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
NH-D14 3x A15s @ 600RPM 2x Phanteks F140SP BBK (front), SFF21E (bottom) Win 10 Pro x64 Catleap 2B @ 119hz +1 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
U3014 eVGA 750G2 Fractal R5 - Blackout Edition MS WMO 1.1a 
Mouse PadAudio
fUnc 1030 Creative Sound Blaster Z 
  hide details  
Reply
Main
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670K @ 4.7Ghz [1.284v] Z87X-UD4H [F7] MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 2x4GB Samsung MV-3V4G3; 10-10-10-28 @ 2133Mhz [... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
1x Samsung 850 Pro 256GB 1x Crucial M500 960GB 1x WD4003FZEX 1x WD30EFRX 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
NH-D14 3x A15s @ 600RPM 2x Phanteks F140SP BBK (front), SFF21E (bottom) Win 10 Pro x64 Catleap 2B @ 119hz +1 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
U3014 eVGA 750G2 Fractal R5 - Blackout Edition MS WMO 1.1a 
Mouse PadAudio
fUnc 1030 Creative Sound Blaster Z 
  hide details  
Reply
post #34 of 47
Thread Starter 
thanks for all the info i might just save up abit more, sell off my mobo n cpu n go for a sandy all games i play i go for 1920-1080 and ive actually lost fps amount from my old gts 250 (would hit 270 on black ops and my 560 will only get 125 same settings) so thought maybe cpu holding it back???? even my on bc2 the 250 got more fps but could max settings
(560 has maxed out everything but metro so far gets around 25fps or so gotta try it out again when i can be bothered lol)
under the radar
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k gigabyte ga-z68x-ud4-b3 MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4g 8gb corsair vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Plextor SSD samsung spinpoint f3 1TB samsung spinpoint f3 1TB Western Digital black 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
silver arrow windows 7 ultimate 64bit samsung s23a950D Ducky shine 3 year of the snake 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX1200 corsair 650D razer deathadder Steelseries QCK 
Audio
asus xonar essence stx 
  hide details  
Reply
under the radar
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k gigabyte ga-z68x-ud4-b3 MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4g 8gb corsair vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Plextor SSD samsung spinpoint f3 1TB samsung spinpoint f3 1TB Western Digital black 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
silver arrow windows 7 ultimate 64bit samsung s23a950D Ducky shine 3 year of the snake 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX1200 corsair 650D razer deathadder Steelseries QCK 
Audio
asus xonar essence stx 
  hide details  
Reply
post #35 of 47
Don't get me wrong, I love my 760. It was a straight gaming beast when I was running SLI 460's on it, runs rock solid stable 4.01 @ 1.14v and has been folding like a little beast at 51C for 204 hours straight at the moment. I realize though that mine is more the exception when it comes to Lynnfields though. I also realize it's neither in the same league as a 2500K nor all that much better than a nice Clarkdale.

Who wants to turn down the eye candy in order to see the benefits of an upgrade ?

edit
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXcrispyXI View Post
thanks for all the info i might just save up abit more, sell off my mobo n cpu n go for a sandy all games i play i go for 1920-1080 and ive actually lost fps amount from my old gts 250 (would hit 270 on black ops and my 560 will only get 125 same settings) so thought maybe cpu holding it back???? even my on bc2 the 250 got more fps but could max settings
(560 has maxed out everything but metro so far gets around 25fps or so gotta try it out again when i can be bothered lol)
DX version difference most likely.

Metro just beats up everything. LOL
Edited by ~sizzzle~ - 6/8/11 at 9:51am
Monster IIr
(20 items)
 
Tinker
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570K ASRock Z77 Extreme6 MSI R7970 G.SKILL Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD Black 640GB Crucial M4 SSD Corsair 840 SSD Seagate  
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Cogage Arrow Windows 7 Alienware AW2310 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell ST2410 BlackWidow Ultimate Corsair 850TX CM Sniper 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Corsair M60 FUNC X-Fi Titanium HD  Sennheiser PC360 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 760 EVGA P55 FTW XFX 5850 Mushkin Blackline 4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Caviar Blue 640 Asus Corsair A70 Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell ST2410 Rosewill RK-800G Seasonic M12II 620 NZXT Gamma 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G500 Func Archetype 1030 ASUS XONAR_DG JVC HA-RX700 
  hide details  
Reply
Monster IIr
(20 items)
 
Tinker
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570K ASRock Z77 Extreme6 MSI R7970 G.SKILL Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD Black 640GB Crucial M4 SSD Corsair 840 SSD Seagate  
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Cogage Arrow Windows 7 Alienware AW2310 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell ST2410 BlackWidow Ultimate Corsair 850TX CM Sniper 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Corsair M60 FUNC X-Fi Titanium HD  Sennheiser PC360 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 760 EVGA P55 FTW XFX 5850 Mushkin Blackline 4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Caviar Blue 640 Asus Corsair A70 Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell ST2410 Rosewill RK-800G Seasonic M12II 620 NZXT Gamma 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G500 Func Archetype 1030 ASUS XONAR_DG JVC HA-RX700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #36 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partol View Post
i5 650 -> i5 760 is not a true,complete upgrade. Performance will not better in everything. Since he will very likely reduce his OC from 4.5GHz to 4-4.2Ghz, performance could actually be worse in some single and dual-threaded tasks.

i5 650 -> i5 2500k is a true upgrade because performance will be better in everything. Yes, this path is more expensive than i5 760.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/191?vs=144

Load Power Consumption x264 HD 3.03 1st pass (Win7/Radeon HD 5870)
total system power consumption
110.6W vs 132W
21.4W difference
19.35% load power consumption increase i5 650 -> i5 760.
Also, dont overlook the fact that the i5 650 is clocked 400Mhz higher than the i5 760 at those power levels.
You do realize that in benchmarks the i5 760 is still faster than the i5 650, and is still clocked lower than the i5 650 by 400mhz, both at stock? Even in single threaded tasks... your agument is invalid, good day sir.

And like I said, the OP stated he's going to be using multi-threaded applications. So he needs more cores. Why do you keep ignoring that fact?

Going with Sandy Bridge will be like buying a brand new car when you just need new tires.
Intel Computer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i5 2500k] [ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M] [EVGA GTX 560] [Kingston HyperX 8GB] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
[Samsung F4 320gb] [Lite-On 24x Combo] [Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit] [Samsung SyncMaster 941bw] 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
[Microsft ANB-00001] [SeaSonic 520w M12II] [ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M Box] [Logitech G700] 
Mouse Pad
[Walmart Brand - Cloth Black] 
  hide details  
Reply
Intel Computer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i5 2500k] [ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M] [EVGA GTX 560] [Kingston HyperX 8GB] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
[Samsung F4 320gb] [Lite-On 24x Combo] [Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit] [Samsung SyncMaster 941bw] 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
[Microsft ANB-00001] [SeaSonic 520w M12II] [ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M Box] [Logitech G700] 
Mouse Pad
[Walmart Brand - Cloth Black] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #37 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvjavs View Post
You do realize that in benchmarks the i5 760 is still faster than the i5 650, and is still clocked lower than the i5 650 by 400mhz, both at stock? Even in single threaded tasks... your agument is invalid, good day sir.

And like I said, the OP stated he's going to be using multi-threaded applications. So he needs more cores. Why do you keep ignoring that fact?

Going with Sandy Bridge will be like buying a brand new car when you just need new tires.
I admit, it's very hard to find any benchmarks on anandtech which show i5 650 ahead of i5 760. Here's the closest which I found.

Crysis Warhead (sorry no i5 760)
i5 650 benched 3.4fps (4.1%) faster than i5 750 (maybe i5 650 and i5 760 would be equal?)
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/CPU/50

Batman: AA
i5 760 is 4fps (2.2%) faster
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/CPU/59

Cinebench - single threaded
i5 760 is 39 points higher (0.872% higher)
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/CPU/38

The bigger L2/L3 cache, faster IMC, and more cores on i5-760 is certainly very helpful but the OP should also be aware of the downside (which few people here talk about): lower cpu multipler, increased power consumption, increased heat, only small gain in some single-threaded and dual-threaded games.

Yes, he will use multi-threaded apps (and see big gains there) but he will not see big gains in most single threaded apps.

My opinion is keep the i5-650 and spend $200 on a SSD or save money for a 120Hz monitor. 100+ fps in black ops seems plenty fast to me. Metro runs slow because it's gpu limited.

gigabyte ga-h55m-s2h has no heatsink on the vrm's. only 4 pin cpu power connector. 4+2 power phase ( i think)
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...px?pid=3310#sp

I am worried about a i5 760 @ 4GHz+ on this motherboard. H55 boards are fine for overclocked core i3's and stock clocked i5's/i7's
but i5 760@4Ghz+ seems risky.
Edited by Partol - 6/8/11 at 1:35pm
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II X4 750k Asus F2A85-V MSI GTX 750 Ti Team 2x2GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston SSD V300 120GB Zalman CNPS5X performa + Arctic MX-4 Windows 7 64-bit Asus VW222 22" LCD 1680x1050 
PowerCase
FSP 460W Foxconn TSAA-426 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium G3258 @ 4.4 GHz ~1.38Vcore ~1.9Vccin Ri... MSI H81M-P33 Asus GTX 750 Ti OC + Thermalright HR-11 backsid... Transcend 2x2GB @ 1400MHz (5-7-5-18) ~1.62V 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Intel SSD 330 240GB ZM CNPS5X (not performa) + 120mm fan (push) Windows 7 64bit Acer GD245HQ - 1920x1080 120Hz - Nvidia 3D Vision 
PowerCaseAudio
FSP 500W Enermax Phoenix Neo + 220mm Globefan (side) Creative Titanium HD + Beyer DT 880 - 250 ohm 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II X4 750k Asus F2A85-V MSI GTX 750 Ti Team 2x2GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston SSD V300 120GB Zalman CNPS5X performa + Arctic MX-4 Windows 7 64-bit Asus VW222 22" LCD 1680x1050 
PowerCase
FSP 460W Foxconn TSAA-426 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium G3258 @ 4.4 GHz ~1.38Vcore ~1.9Vccin Ri... MSI H81M-P33 Asus GTX 750 Ti OC + Thermalright HR-11 backsid... Transcend 2x2GB @ 1400MHz (5-7-5-18) ~1.62V 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Intel SSD 330 240GB ZM CNPS5X (not performa) + 120mm fan (push) Windows 7 64bit Acer GD245HQ - 1920x1080 120Hz - Nvidia 3D Vision 
PowerCaseAudio
FSP 500W Enermax Phoenix Neo + 220mm Globefan (side) Creative Titanium HD + Beyer DT 880 - 250 ohm 
  hide details  
Reply
post #38 of 47
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partol View Post
I admit, it's very hard to find any benchmarks on anandtech which show i5 650 ahead of i5 760. Here's the closest which I found.

Crysis Warhead (sorry no i5 760)
i5 650 benched 3.4fps (4.1%) faster than i5 750 (maybe i5 650 and i5 760 would be equal?)
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/CPU/50

Batman: AA
i5 760 is 4fps (2.2%) faster
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/CPU/59

Cinebench - single threaded
i5 760 is 39 points higher (0.872% higher)
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/CPU/38

The bigger L2/L3 cache, faster IMC, and more cores on i5-760 is certainly very helpful but the OP should also be aware of the downside (which few people here talk about): lower cpu multipler, increased power consumption, increased heat, only small gain in some single-threaded and dual-threaded games.

Yes, he will use multi-threaded apps (and see big gains there) but he will not see big gains in most single threaded apps.

My opinion is keep the i5-650 and spend $200 on a SSD or save money for a 120Hz monitor. 100+ fps in black ops seems plenty fast to me. Metro runs slow because it's gpu limited.

gigabyte ga-h55m-s2h has no heatsink on the vrm's. only 4 pin cpu power connector. 4+2 power phase ( i think)
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...px?pid=3310#sp

I am worried about a i5 760 @ 4GHz+ on this motherboard. H55 boards are fine for overclocked core i3's and stock clocked i5's/i7's
but i5 760@4Ghz+ seems risky.
yea im gettin a ud3 from a friend so i thought of upgrading to a 760 wouldnt use it in this current board
under the radar
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k gigabyte ga-z68x-ud4-b3 MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4g 8gb corsair vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Plextor SSD samsung spinpoint f3 1TB samsung spinpoint f3 1TB Western Digital black 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
silver arrow windows 7 ultimate 64bit samsung s23a950D Ducky shine 3 year of the snake 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX1200 corsair 650D razer deathadder Steelseries QCK 
Audio
asus xonar essence stx 
  hide details  
Reply
under the radar
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k gigabyte ga-z68x-ud4-b3 MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4g 8gb corsair vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Plextor SSD samsung spinpoint f3 1TB samsung spinpoint f3 1TB Western Digital black 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
silver arrow windows 7 ultimate 64bit samsung s23a950D Ducky shine 3 year of the snake 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX1200 corsair 650D razer deathadder Steelseries QCK 
Audio
asus xonar essence stx 
  hide details  
Reply
post #39 of 47
I'm looking at the pictures, and just from some quick research, I believe the UD3 is 4+2 only. It'd be another thing if you had at least a UD3R (8+2) or UD3P (12+2)
Main
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670K @ 4.7Ghz [1.284v] Z87X-UD4H [F7] MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 2x4GB Samsung MV-3V4G3; 10-10-10-28 @ 2133Mhz [... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
1x Samsung 850 Pro 256GB 1x Crucial M500 960GB 1x WD4003FZEX 1x WD30EFRX 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
NH-D14 3x A15s @ 600RPM 2x Phanteks F140SP BBK (front), SFF21E (bottom) Win 10 Pro x64 Catleap 2B @ 119hz +1 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
U3014 eVGA 750G2 Fractal R5 - Blackout Edition MS WMO 1.1a 
Mouse PadAudio
fUnc 1030 Creative Sound Blaster Z 
  hide details  
Reply
Main
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670K @ 4.7Ghz [1.284v] Z87X-UD4H [F7] MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 2x4GB Samsung MV-3V4G3; 10-10-10-28 @ 2133Mhz [... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
1x Samsung 850 Pro 256GB 1x Crucial M500 960GB 1x WD4003FZEX 1x WD30EFRX 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
NH-D14 3x A15s @ 600RPM 2x Phanteks F140SP BBK (front), SFF21E (bottom) Win 10 Pro x64 Catleap 2B @ 119hz +1 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
U3014 eVGA 750G2 Fractal R5 - Blackout Edition MS WMO 1.1a 
Mouse PadAudio
fUnc 1030 Creative Sound Blaster Z 
  hide details  
Reply
post #40 of 47
+1 to selling your old CPU and motherboard to get a 2500k + p67. I spent $447.96 on the following parts.

i5 2500k, asrock p67 pro3 b3 board, 8gb gskill ddr3 1600 cl9 1.5v, lg sata dvd burner.

Sold my old parts out for ~$323 on ebay - fees = $283.32 I get back.
e8500 e0, asus p5k-e board, 8gb ddr2 800 cl4, lg dvd rom ide, dvd burner ide.

So I spent about ~$165 upgrade to sandy bridge and glad I picked this path over selling my e8500 e0 for a q9550 e0 for ~$100 (price after selling my e8500 out).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › worth upgrading to i5 760?