Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › Building first gaming comp.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Building first gaming comp. - Page 2

post #11 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpod;13801051 
Quote from me where I posted in another user's thread who needed to choose out his parts, you can find cheaper deals in the US compared to Canada so please take advantage of that and be sure to check out Fry's or Microcenter I've seen their deals on this forum and it's been pretty jawdropping.

Thanks for the tips, im a few hours away from a microcenter but i do have a frys close by, ima take a drive down there in a few hours and do some window shopping for deals. And your post also reminded me about the aftermarket heatsink i need, buddie has the CM 212 and likes it, might go with that.
post #12 of 20
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.660820

Great combo,great mobo,better gnu than 6850 and a ten times better power supply. The entire thing cones to 899 after rebate
Sparticus
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x2 555 BE @ x3 4.0ghz MSI 870A Msi 560 ti tfII 4gb Mushkin Redline 1600 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
500gb Spinpoint F3 Windows 7 x64 Corsair 650w CM 690 II adavanced 
  hide details  
Reply
Sparticus
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x2 555 BE @ x3 4.0ghz MSI 870A Msi 560 ti tfII 4gb Mushkin Redline 1600 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
500gb Spinpoint F3 Windows 7 x64 Corsair 650w CM 690 II adavanced 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 20
^^^^ much better wink.gif
Chewy's Chomper
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 6700k Asis Z170 Deluxe MSI GTX 1080 Gaming x 16GB Corsair vengence DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung M2 256gb nvme Custom loop, 360+120 rads Windows 10 64bit Asus 28" MG28UQ 4K 
PowerCase
Seasonic X series 750w gold Corsair 400c 
  hide details  
Reply
Chewy's Chomper
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 6700k Asis Z170 Deluxe MSI GTX 1080 Gaming x 16GB Corsair vengence DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung M2 256gb nvme Custom loop, 360+120 rads Windows 10 64bit Asus 28" MG28UQ 4K 
PowerCase
Seasonic X series 750w gold Corsair 400c 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtluongo;13801124 
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.660820

Great combo,great mobo,better gnu than 6850 and a ten times better power supply. The entire thing cones to 899 after rebate

Wow, not sure how i missed this combo. its a little more pricy but i might be able to manage it. If i did get it i would plan on getting another 4gb of memory and that brings up a question. I've heard that when using all 4 slots of ram with an aftermarket heatsink it can cause space issues, where the heatsink blocks the 4th ram slot. Do you guys think i would have an issue with that mobo + CM212 and 4 sticks of CORSAIR Vengeance
post #15 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by sativa;13801174 
Wow, not sure how i missed this combo. its a little more pricy but i might be able to manage it. If i did get it i would plan on getting another 4gb of memory and that brings up a question. I've heard that when using all 4 slots of ram with an aftermarket heatsink it can cause space issues, where the heatsink blocks the 4th ram slot. Do you guys think i would have an issue with that mobo + CM212 and 4 sticks of CORSAIR Vengeance

You will have to push the fan up on the 212 but you will be fine.
Also, check my build on the first page in case you want to choose your own case or something else.
BTW 4gb of RAM is plenty for a gaming rig.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k Asus P8P67 Pro Nvidia 560 TI Corsair XMS3 @ 9/9/9/24 1600 1.5 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung F3 Windows 7 x64 Bit 2x 19" Samsung @ 1440x900 Corsair HX650 
Case
HAF 922 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k Asus P8P67 Pro Nvidia 560 TI Corsair XMS3 @ 9/9/9/24 1600 1.5 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung F3 Windows 7 x64 Bit 2x 19" Samsung @ 1440x900 Corsair HX650 
Case
HAF 922 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega329;13801205 
You will have to push the fan up on the 212 but you will be fine.
Also, check my build on the first page in case you want to choose your own case or something else.
BTW 4gb of RAM is plenty for a gaming rig.

Ok then i think i will just stick to the 4gb of ram and upgrade down the road if needed. As far as the case goes, i think the CM one in the combo jtluongo linked looks decent. It's 8.5' which seems good for an aftermarket heatsink
Edited by sativa - 6/8/11 at 2:56pm
post #17 of 20
Thread Starter 
So after going though the thousands of newegg bundles i came up with this

Intel Core i5-2500K + Rosewill FUTURE Gaming ATX Mid Tower Case - 35$ off with combo
ASUS P8P67 PRO + CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600 - 15$ off with combo and 30$ instant savings
CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 + Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM - 15$ off with combo and 30$ instant savings
MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II/OC GeForce GTX 560 Ti
ASUS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus
Windows 7 Home

Total without tax and shipping comes to 975$ USD

vs

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.660820
with the same heatsink and OS as above, this mobo and PSU seem a little overkill for the likes of me confused.gif

Total without tax and shipping comes to 1075$ USD

Mainly would like to know what you guys think is a better deal.
post #18 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by sativa;13806949 
So after going though the thousands of newegg bundles i came up with this

Intel Core i5-2500K + Rosewill FUTURE Gaming ATX Mid Tower Case - 35$ off with combo
ASUS P8P67 PRO + CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600 - 15$ off with combo and 30$ instant savings
CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 + Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM - 15$ off with combo and 30$ instant savings
MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II/OC GeForce GTX 560 Ti
ASUS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus
Windows 7 Home

Total without tax and shipping comes to 975$ USD

vs

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.660820
with the same heatsink and OS as above, this mobo and PSU seem a little overkill for the likes of me confused.gif

Total without tax and shipping comes to 1075$ USD

Mainly would like to know what you guys think is a better deal.

Get the first bundle... save the $100 and buy a SSD. In future if you ever want to SLI your GTX 560, the TX650 psu is still able to support it.
MCC
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k  Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H MSI GTX 680 Lightning Ed. Patriot Intel Extreme Masters Limited Edition 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 120 gb SSD Samsung Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung SyncMaster S27A850D  CM Storm Quick Fire  Corsair AX850 Fractal Design Define R4 
MouseAudio
Steelseries Sensei Creative T20 
  hide details  
Reply
MCC
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k  Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H MSI GTX 680 Lightning Ed. Patriot Intel Extreme Masters Limited Edition 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 120 gb SSD Samsung Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung SyncMaster S27A850D  CM Storm Quick Fire  Corsair AX850 Fractal Design Define R4 
MouseAudio
Steelseries Sensei Creative T20 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 20
Thread Starter 
:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcc21;13807009 
Get the first bundle... save the $100 and buy a SSD. In future if you ever want to SLI your GTX 560, the TX650 psu is still able to support it.

Sounds good, think ill save a 100$ and get a good mouse keyboard biggrin.gif

And a question about SSD, do i put games on that for faster load times? Sorry i am still newbie when it comes to a lot of computer components.
post #20 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by sativa;13807092 
:

Sounds good, think ill save a 100$ and get a good mouse keyboard biggrin.gif

And a question about SSD, do i put games on that for faster load times? Sorry i am still newbie when it comes to a lot of computer components.

Depends how big your SSD is. Usually people put their OS and applications on the SSD and games on the extra mechanical hard drives.

To have games on your hard drive, you will have faster load times, but I really don't think its warrant to spend that much more money for a bigger SSD. You rather spend extra 125 dollars (60 gb vs. 120 gb SSD) on a better video card to see a better performance upgrade.

Usually people will have 60 gb SSD boot drive and that is more than sufficient, but one thing for sure SSD is the BEST upgrade you can have over anything else. Especially for everyday usage, I am sure after you see this on your dad's computer you will want one too, guarantee =)
Edited by mcc21 - 6/9/11 at 3:43pm
MCC
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k  Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H MSI GTX 680 Lightning Ed. Patriot Intel Extreme Masters Limited Edition 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 120 gb SSD Samsung Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung SyncMaster S27A850D  CM Storm Quick Fire  Corsair AX850 Fractal Design Define R4 
MouseAudio
Steelseries Sensei Creative T20 
  hide details  
Reply
MCC
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k  Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H MSI GTX 680 Lightning Ed. Patriot Intel Extreme Masters Limited Edition 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 120 gb SSD Samsung Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung SyncMaster S27A850D  CM Storm Quick Fire  Corsair AX850 Fractal Design Define R4 
MouseAudio
Steelseries Sensei Creative T20 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › Building first gaming comp.