Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [GamersMint] Bethesda: Consoles to be the lead platform for Skyrim
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[GamersMint] Bethesda: Consoles to be the lead platform for Skyrim - Page 16  

post #151 of 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavallino View Post
It will still be a fun game. This is why I only bought one gtx570, hardly any need for more when most games will not even max it out.
Exactly..if nothing else, at least this means most people will be able to run the game somewhat well without having to upgrade to a new gpu or whatever.

I just fear the inevitable slew of bugs. :[
Cletus
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k Asus Z87 Gene Asus GTX 970 Strix Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Plextor 128gb SSD, WD 1TB Black, WD 2TB Black Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 x64 Asus VH238H 23" 1080p 
PowerCaseAudio
Mushkin Enhanced 800W Lian Li PC-A05N Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 
  hide details  
Cletus
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k Asus Z87 Gene Asus GTX 970 Strix Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Plextor 128gb SSD, WD 1TB Black, WD 2TB Black Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 x64 Asus VH238H 23" 1080p 
PowerCaseAudio
Mushkin Enhanced 800W Lian Li PC-A05N Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 
  hide details  
post #152 of 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceadderman View Post
I'm calm. I just didn't like being called a liar when he's over on the East Coast where the population base of the country is closer together than over here.

I know someone else has it worse. I don't need anyone to tell me this. I feel fortunate to have the things I do and have the ability to get the things I want. Regardless of my access issues. I would love to live in Philly again where I can go anywhere and get anything on the day it's made available. I spent the Summer of '89 there. That was an awesome time.

~Ceadder
I didn't call you a liar. I said that living in a small rural town is a bad excuse for a game to not be available to you at the same time as everyone else in the country. You resorted to personal insults and had me look up your town just to justify that..

I'm saying you're grasping at straws in order to prove a point(s) that is/are very much false.
Edited by moocowman - 6/8/11 at 8:09pm
post #153 of 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub50hz View Post
Again, preconceived notions and taking someone's words out of context. Just because they can make it accessible to more people does not mean it has to subtract quality, although you're free to assume whatever you would like.
Im pretty sure when the first car was release it was annoying to drive, until further releases of car and they have been dumbed down for the masses.

you dont need park sensors to park a car...but there there to make driving more accessible to asshat

just like TES on a console...dumbed down for kiddies - i'll still get it just because i loved the previous games
post #154 of 384
I could care less if its a port, modding will save this game like it always does. However if its so mind numbingly easy a 10 year old console player can master it, I will hold off and possibly acquire it other ways. I play games for the challenge.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution 2 x Asus GTX470 900/1800/1700 Corsair Vengence 8gb 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
120gb ssd, 4 x 1TB F3's Raid 0, 2TB F4 Backup Windows 7 Catleap 27 1440p Enermax Revolution 1050w 
Case
Case Labs M8 with pedestal  
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution 2 x Asus GTX470 900/1800/1700 Corsair Vengence 8gb 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
120gb ssd, 4 x 1TB F3's Raid 0, 2TB F4 Backup Windows 7 Catleap 27 1440p Enermax Revolution 1050w 
Case
Case Labs M8 with pedestal  
  hide details  
post #155 of 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacA View Post
No Skyrim for me then. I'm tired of this.
I won't say no Skyrim, but it is a bit of a bummer... I may drive to their HQ and have a talk with them.
Project Purity
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 EVGA P55 FTW 200 EVGA GTX 480 Corsair Dominator GT 4Gb x 2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
2x500gb Spinpoint F3 (Raid 0)/1tb Spinpoint F3 Asus DRW Heatkiller 3.0 XSPC EX360 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Swiftech MCP655 EK GTX 480 Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung UN32C6500 32" LED TV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Steelseries Merc Stealth Corsair HX1000W Corsair Obsidian 800d Razer Mamba 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Destructor Asus Xonar DX 
  hide details  
Project Purity
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 EVGA P55 FTW 200 EVGA GTX 480 Corsair Dominator GT 4Gb x 2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
2x500gb Spinpoint F3 (Raid 0)/1tb Spinpoint F3 Asus DRW Heatkiller 3.0 XSPC EX360 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Swiftech MCP655 EK GTX 480 Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung UN32C6500 32" LED TV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Steelseries Merc Stealth Corsair HX1000W Corsair Obsidian 800d Razer Mamba 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Destructor Asus Xonar DX 
  hide details  
post #156 of 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by moocowman View Post
I didn't call you a liar. I said that living in a small rural town is a bad excuse for a game to not be available to you at the same time as everyone else in the country. You resorted to personal insults and had me look up your town just to justify that..

I'm saying you're grasping at straws in order to prove a point(s) that is/are very much false.
I took it that way since you chose to cuss about it and referenced me butchering the english language etc. My apologies if I took it the wrong way but it sure seemed like you were calling me a liar because I lived in the States and we all must have access to whatever is launched. I never pay full price online for something if possible. Even on launch day.

We have a Fred Meyers(Kroeger's) here and that's my only outlet for PC games if I want to get fleeced. Steam is only recent for me since I started up with them last June when I got Call of Pripyat. I wish I'dve known about them sooner though might have made things a bit better. There is GameStop up in Yakima but if you knew Yakima, WA you'd avoid it like the plague.

~Ceadder
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair Dominator G. Skill Ripjaws X G. Skill x2 HITACHI 1TB Deskstars 1TB RAID0 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
ASUS DRW-24B1ST  Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Monsoon 1/2"x5/8" PETG White Hardline tubing. 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Monsoon Economy Hardline fittings EK Dual DDC V2 top Swiftech Pump DDC-1T (2) Liquid Fusion V Double helix Reservoir 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Yate Loon 120x20 (D12SM-12C) Medium Speed Silen... EK Supreme HF Classified EK Thermosphere GPU Block EK Thermosphere GPU Block 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 64 bit Ultimate OEM Asus VH222H Black HDMI Widescreen Logitech the OCZ went buhbye adios. Don't know ... Corsair CMPSU HX 850w Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF 932 Logitech g9x COOLER MASTER Weapon of Choice: M4 Duramesh Pad Logitech X-240 2.1 speakers 
OtherOther
Sunbeam Rheosmart 3 Creative X-Fi 
  hide details  
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair Dominator G. Skill Ripjaws X G. Skill x2 HITACHI 1TB Deskstars 1TB RAID0 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
ASUS DRW-24B1ST  Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Monsoon 1/2"x5/8" PETG White Hardline tubing. 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Monsoon Economy Hardline fittings EK Dual DDC V2 top Swiftech Pump DDC-1T (2) Liquid Fusion V Double helix Reservoir 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Yate Loon 120x20 (D12SM-12C) Medium Speed Silen... EK Supreme HF Classified EK Thermosphere GPU Block EK Thermosphere GPU Block 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 64 bit Ultimate OEM Asus VH222H Black HDMI Widescreen Logitech the OCZ went buhbye adios. Don't know ... Corsair CMPSU HX 850w Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF 932 Logitech g9x COOLER MASTER Weapon of Choice: M4 Duramesh Pad Logitech X-240 2.1 speakers 
OtherOther
Sunbeam Rheosmart 3 Creative X-Fi 
  hide details  
post #157 of 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitoriko View Post
Im pretty sure when the first car was release it was annoying to drive, until further releases of car and they have been dumbed down for the masses.

you dont need park sensors to park a car...but there there to make driving more accessible to asshat

just like TES on a console...dumbed down for kiddies - i'll still get it just because i loved the previous games
...lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moocowman View Post
You know this is why articles like this exist, right? This article didn't even say anything we didn't know prior to its full announcement. A few cherry-picked quotes and a well-worded title and voila! You now have an article specifically aimed at PC elitists who get scared over the slightest mention of port.
Well, knee-jerk reactions are standard fare here at OCN.
post #158 of 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by moocowman View Post
You know this is why articles like this exist, right? This article didn't even say anything we didn't know prior to its full announcement. A few cherry-picked quotes and a well-worded title and voila! You now have an article specifically aimed at PC elitists who get scared over the slightest mention of port.
Its not the slightest mention though. Like I said, I KNEW it was a port and that console was the lead platform from that stupid video, "right trigger controls right hand, left trigger controls left". That kind of stuff is all about basic design and NEVER translates well to PC. They've further dumbed down the skills, character building has been super simplified even more than Oblivion did.

This game is looking a lot more like your average action game than the deep role-playing content of this series PC roots.
SBD:
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770k Gigabyte ga-z77x-up4 tb EVGA GTX 980 SC 32GB G.SKILL Trident X F3-1600C7Q-32GTX  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD Western Digtal 2TB RE4 Plextor 24x DL Burner ThermalTake Water 2.0 Extreme 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit Acer XB270HU 2560x1440, IPS-type panel, 144hz, ... EIZO FG2421 1920x1080 VA 120Hz QuickFire Cherry Blue 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Lepa G1000 1kw Corsair 550D Logitech G400 Roccat Taito 
AudioAudio
Xonar Essence ST Niles SI-275 Amplifier 
  hide details  
SBD:
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770k Gigabyte ga-z77x-up4 tb EVGA GTX 980 SC 32GB G.SKILL Trident X F3-1600C7Q-32GTX  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD Western Digtal 2TB RE4 Plextor 24x DL Burner ThermalTake Water 2.0 Extreme 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit Acer XB270HU 2560x1440, IPS-type panel, 144hz, ... EIZO FG2421 1920x1080 VA 120Hz QuickFire Cherry Blue 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Lepa G1000 1kw Corsair 550D Logitech G400 Roccat Taito 
AudioAudio
Xonar Essence ST Niles SI-275 Amplifier 
  hide details  
post #159 of 384
Quote:
It is a multi-platform game. This article really seems to be getting a rise out of PC gamers. How can PC elitists not pass up an article with that title? I am sure it's not as bad as most of us think.
You've misread me. I'm about as far from PC elitist as they come.

There's a serious distinction from a game ported to PC and one that is concurrently developed multi-platform.

I've always known Skyrim was being developed multi-platform. Big deal, I'm all for multi-platform. Let more people enjoy PC games. A larger audience is always good for business. Likewise, I wish more console exclusive games were instead concurrently developed for PC.

What I dislike are games ported to PC after being developed specifically for consoles. It's not graphics, it's that they are usually notorious for bugs and play like a console game, to the extent some play better with Xbox 360 PC controllers than keyboard and mouse. GTA4 was developed for consoles, then released to PC. At launch it was horrible, although it has become playable now through countless patches. And don't even get me started on SLI support. I have a hard enough time with new PC games having poor SLI support at launch, console ports are a nightmare.

I thought Skyrim was being developed with multi-platform in mind for every step of development, instead of completely singling out PC until the end in which they will port to PC and release all versions on the same date.
post #160 of 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceadderman View Post
I took it that way since you chose to cuss about it and referenced me butchering the english language etc. My apologies if I took it the wrong way but it sure seemed like you were calling me a liar because I lived in the States and we all must have access to whatever is launched. I never pay full price online for something if possible. Even on launch day.

We have a Fred Meyers(Kroeger's) here and that's my only outlet for PC games if I want to get fleeced. Steam is only recent for me since I started up with them last June when I got Call of Pripyat. I wish I'dve known about them sooner though might have made things a bit better. There is GameStop up in Yakima but if you knew Yakima, WA you'd avoid it like the plague.

~Ceadder
Please stop trying to justify yourself. Your hole is getting pretty deep and I don't see you crawling out anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mygaffer View Post
Its not the slightest mention though. Like I said, I KNEW it was a port and that console was the lead platform from that stupid video, "right trigger controls right hand, left trigger controls left". That kind of stuff is all about basic design and NEVER translates well to PC. They've further dumbed down the skills, character building has been super simplified even more than Oblivion did.

This game is looking a lot more like your average action game than the deep role-playing content of this series PC roots.
It's not a port. It's multi-platform, just like its predecessors. I won't try to convince you otherwise, however. I just find it funny that you're picking out the "right trigger, left trigger" thing in order to prove it's simplified. If they showed a PC version with "left click = left hand, right trigger = right hand", no one here would have a problem.

It's all in your heads. This game will be fun and as long as it has over 300 hours of game-play as previously stated, I will enjoy it. I don't know any casual gamer who plays a single-player game for 300 hours. That's really an enthusiast thing..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [GamersMint] Bethesda: Consoles to be the lead platform for Skyrim