Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [GamersMint] Bethesda: Consoles to be the lead platform for Skyrim
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[GamersMint] Bethesda: Consoles to be the lead platform for Skyrim - Page 33  

post #321 of 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox me View Post
Port ≠ bad game.

True, but Bethasda has a pretty terrible record in terms of stability anyway. They will probably dump a terrible console port on us.

What of modding?
    
CPUMotherboardOSMonitor
2500k P8P67 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 22" phillips 
KeyboardPowerMouseMouse Pad
Cheap Logitech Antec Earthwatts 650W Razer Deathadder Razer eXactMat 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardOSMonitor
2500k P8P67 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 22" phillips 
KeyboardPowerMouseMouse Pad
Cheap Logitech Antec Earthwatts 650W Razer Deathadder Razer eXactMat 
  hide details  
post #322 of 384
Disappointed. Just because it is a console port doesn't mean it will be a bad game. I am hopeful Bethesda will do right by us PC gamers. I don't game at anything less than 2560x1600 anymore. Got spoiled by real graphics and I don't want to go back
Will of D
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 980x EVGA E759 Classified LE 2x EVGA 580SC 12GB Corsair GT 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Sandisk Extreme OCZ Vertex LE Cavier Black random 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Watercooled Win 7 x64 NEC 30", 2x NEC P221W's DAS keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec 1000w Custom Logitech G9 X-Trac 
AudioAudio
SB X-fi Titanium to Yamaha 5.1 receiver Audio-GD NB-12 DAC to Musical Paradise MP-301 a... 
  hide details  
Will of D
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 980x EVGA E759 Classified LE 2x EVGA 580SC 12GB Corsair GT 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Sandisk Extreme OCZ Vertex LE Cavier Black random 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Watercooled Win 7 x64 NEC 30", 2x NEC P221W's DAS keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec 1000w Custom Logitech G9 X-Trac 
AudioAudio
SB X-fi Titanium to Yamaha 5.1 receiver Audio-GD NB-12 DAC to Musical Paradise MP-301 a... 
  hide details  
post #323 of 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceadderman View Post
Get over myself?

Really?

So I should not expect smooth controls from a PC game? Check.

So I should not expect a modicum of clean graphics at DX10? Check.

So I should not expect that when I pay $60 for a new game that it not be buggy, laggy and full of memory leaks?

This is something EVERY consumer has a right to be unhappy about.

If that makes me Elitist then...

YOU DAMN SKIPPY AND PROUD OF IT!

You my friend can take a long walk off a short pier if you don't like it.

~Ceadder
I'm not saying get over yourself because of any of the things you just said. It's your attitude towards the situation that makes you sound like a pretentious prick.

Quote:
Develop games for PC, port them over to Console and EVERYBODY will be happy. Cause there is no way someone who only has a Console will be able to tell the difference. This is not that difficult a concept to understand or implement
Take this quote for example. You obviously think console gamers are idiots that can't tell the difference. You're showing that you're on a high horse.

You say again and again that starting at the top and scaling down is the way to go. That's an elitist attitude, for one. Secondly, you've been shown countless times how that viewpoint is completely backwards and a poor direction to go. That would result in a very poorly ported game to a console and, quite frankly, a pointless venture for any company. No one on console would play a crappy port because it would run poorly on that console. That doesn't matter to you though, because console players are idiots that can't tell the difference

Is wrong to have expectations? No. However, Bethesda hasn't catered to PC gamers in over a decade. Aside from the fact that we have the ability to mod our versions, their games have been the exact same on all platforms. To expect otherwise is stupid. The gamebryo engine itself was a multi-platform engine. I wouldn't expect them to do anything different with the creation engine, which is a brand new engine developed just so everyone can have an even better experience, but that's not enough because it's not catering to the PC community, right? Despite the fact we're still getting mods and all that. You're constantly grasping at straws in order to prove your points to the point where you seem desperate. Remember how you had me search up your town JUST to prove you live in the middle of nowhere and don't get games at the same time as the rest of the country?

I say this again, get over yourself you self-entitled PC elitist.
post #324 of 384
heh guess I will only be playing BF3 this winter, was planning on skyrim as well but console games ported to PC can kiss my ass
post #325 of 384
What I despise the most is PC elitist calling every console gamer a retard or peasant.Don't you think there's as much Elder Scrolls enthousiast on consoles as there is on PC ? I'd even say there is more, and they probably won't be happy if the game is completely dumbed down.

True there are more casual gamers on consoles than there is on PC but that's only because the console market is FAR FAR bigger than ours, it's not like most PC gamers aren't casual, you just have to look at Steam top sellers whenever a new COD is released and you'll see that it will stay at the top for months on end. True PC games like Pardadox intertactive games never make it into the list.

I'd bet that most PC gamers who think console are only for casual gamers are 15 at most and never played any console before the PS2, if you can say with a straight face that games like Megaman, Ghouls n' Ghosts, Dragon Quest or Ninja Gaiden were designed for casual ******* then you're ever insane or trolling.
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790K Asus Z97 Pro Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X 16GB GSkil 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 2TB 2000DM001 Seagate 3TB 3000DM001 Plextor PX891SA NH-C12P 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64bit Iiyama XB2783HSU Microsoft Digital Media Keyboard 3000 Corsair TX750W 
CaseMouseAudio
Lancool K62 Logitech G500 Xonar DX 
  hide details  
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790K Asus Z97 Pro Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X 16GB GSkil 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 2TB 2000DM001 Seagate 3TB 3000DM001 Plextor PX891SA NH-C12P 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64bit Iiyama XB2783HSU Microsoft Digital Media Keyboard 3000 Corsair TX750W 
CaseMouseAudio
Lancool K62 Logitech G500 Xonar DX 
  hide details  
post #326 of 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telimektar View Post
if you can say with a straight face that games like Megaman, Ghouls n' Ghosts, Dragon Quest or Ninja Gaiden were designed for casual ******* then you're ever insane or trolling.


I think some people define hardcore gamers by the amount of money they spend on their gaming system, or how many proccesess their system can compute within a millisecond.

I think that their definition of hardcore gamers is very much wrong. Just ask some of the top Street Fighter players in the world what platforms they game on.

Not every game is designed for casuals. Simplicity does not mean less competitive or less hardcore. Even if a game seems simple on the surface that doesn't mean there isn't complexity to be found underneath aswell.
Edited by Lifeshield - 6/9/11 at 1:51pm
War Machine
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4670k @ 3.4ghz Asus B85M Gamer MSI Twin Frozr V R9 390X 8gb Kingston Hyper X Beast 16gb 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
HGS 2.5" Sata 1tb Corsair H100i v2 4 x Corsair SP120 Quiet Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Benq RL2455 Microsoft Sidewinder X4 EVGA Supernova G2 750w Corsair Carbide Air 240 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Naga Molten Edition Steel Series Guild Wars 2 Sennheiser HD201 
  hide details  
War Machine
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4670k @ 3.4ghz Asus B85M Gamer MSI Twin Frozr V R9 390X 8gb Kingston Hyper X Beast 16gb 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
HGS 2.5" Sata 1tb Corsair H100i v2 4 x Corsair SP120 Quiet Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Benq RL2455 Microsoft Sidewinder X4 EVGA Supernova G2 750w Corsair Carbide Air 240 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Naga Molten Edition Steel Series Guild Wars 2 Sennheiser HD201 
  hide details  
post #327 of 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telimektar View Post
What I despise the most is PC elitist calling every console gamer a retard or peasant.Don't you think there's as much Elder Scrolls enthousiast on consoles as there is on PC ? I'd even say there is more, and they probably won't be happy if the game is completely dumbed down.

True there are more casual gamers on consoles than there is on PC but that's only because the console market is FAR FAR bigger than ours, it's not like most PC gamers aren't casual, you just have to look at Steam top sellers whenever a new COD is released and you'll see that it will stay at the top for months on end. True PC games like Pardadox intertactive games never make it into the list.

I'd bet that most PC gamers who think console are only for casual gamers are 15 at most and never played any console before the PS2, if you can say with a straight face that games like Megaman, Ghouls n' Ghosts, Dragon Quest or Ninja Gaiden were designed for casual ******* then you're ever insane or trolling.
I'm 42 and I own a 360 a Wii and Have a PS2 a GC and an N64. I've owned and played on every Console going back to Atari with a few rare exceptions. I think I can safely say that most console gamers are easily placated as long as a game looks good has a reasonable story line and the controlls work, they're happy with it.

If you think that's me being elitist then I guess the shoe fits. I never said that only kids play on Consoles. I just find it funny that it's console people here telling me and others like me that I don't have the right to expect better.

I don't care when Bathesda stopped doing anything. The guy said that they want the game to be accessible. Pardon me for wanting it to be accessible for PC as well.

I've seen the clips, it looks magnificent. But those are clips. I can't test controls, I cannot set graphics levels, I don't even have a sense of the story yet. Said I'm on the fence and I still am on the fence. But I expect more. Either develop it for PC also or just concentrate on Console and don't say a bloody thing about PC and "Accessible".

I play all kinds of games on all kinds of platforms. But having started on Elder Scrolls and Morrowind, I and others like me would like to see a proper return on our investment.

Just cause we're "crying" about it don't make us Pirates, doesn't make us elitists. It makes us responsible consumers who care.

Sorry I thought I was done, but it looks like I had something else to say. In any case I see both sides of the issue cause I'm ON both sides of the issue. Nothing wrong with what we're asking for.

~Ceadder
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair Dominator G. Skill Ripjaws X G. Skill x2 HITACHI 1TB Deskstars 1TB RAID0 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
ASUS DRW-24B1ST  Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Monsoon 1/2"x5/8" PETG White Hardline tubing. 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Monsoon Economy Hardline fittings EK Dual DDC V2 top Swiftech Pump DDC-1T (2) Liquid Fusion V Double helix Reservoir 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Yate Loon 120x20 (D12SM-12C) Medium Speed Silen... EK Supreme HF Classified EK Thermosphere GPU Block EK Thermosphere GPU Block 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 64 bit Ultimate OEM Asus VH222H Black HDMI Widescreen Logitech the OCZ went buhbye adios. Don't know ... Corsair CMPSU HX 850w Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF 932 Logitech g9x COOLER MASTER Weapon of Choice: M4 Duramesh Pad Logitech X-240 2.1 speakers 
OtherOther
Sunbeam Rheosmart 3 Creative X-Fi 
  hide details  
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair Dominator G. Skill Ripjaws X G. Skill x2 HITACHI 1TB Deskstars 1TB RAID0 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
ASUS DRW-24B1ST  Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Monsoon 1/2"x5/8" PETG White Hardline tubing. 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Monsoon Economy Hardline fittings EK Dual DDC V2 top Swiftech Pump DDC-1T (2) Liquid Fusion V Double helix Reservoir 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Yate Loon 120x20 (D12SM-12C) Medium Speed Silen... EK Supreme HF Classified EK Thermosphere GPU Block EK Thermosphere GPU Block 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 64 bit Ultimate OEM Asus VH222H Black HDMI Widescreen Logitech the OCZ went buhbye adios. Don't know ... Corsair CMPSU HX 850w Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF 932 Logitech g9x COOLER MASTER Weapon of Choice: M4 Duramesh Pad Logitech X-240 2.1 speakers 
OtherOther
Sunbeam Rheosmart 3 Creative X-Fi 
  hide details  
post #328 of 384
its not elitest to believe that a product on your system should be designed with it in mind.

How would console gamers feel if a game they got didnt work well with controls. yup the same way pc gamers feel when keyboard/mouse doesnt work well. Oh you say we should just get a console controller and plug it in? well why dont console gamers get an adapter and plug in a keyboard and mouse.

Building from the top system down does provide the optimal experience for all parties. And it will result in more sales. Not only can you showcase your best looking version, think battlefield 3, but you will also gather more sales from each system.

It is also not elitest to watch the gaming community grow larger, but also dumber, and we arent talking a little bit dumber, but on a massive scale of hur dur where do i go, the quest doesnt give me an x on the map or a line on my compass to follow dumb.

Im all for games coming out on all systems, but i watch as most game series have gone from having some sort of skill, or intelligence required to becoming so easy that a child can handle it with ease, which is ok, if its a childrens game.

The elder scrolls is a great example, each release gets more "refined" i quote it because its not refined, its dumbed down, but saying dumbed down doesnt sell as well. Lets look at the rainbow six series, wow that one has definately gotten dumber, hmmm ghost recon................... dumber. XCom yep definately dumber. Bioware games, oh god yes, if they were any dumber bullets would aim themselves, and you would have a single dialogue choice to pick from, along with the same map recycled the entire game so you dont get lost.

Yes, gaming is a business, and businesses exist to make money. The way things used to be handled was people had a dream, and they made that dream happen. Now publishers have the dream, and that dream is only money, not a great game. If a game happens to be a great game now, its because the developers were able to bust their ass and do it before the publisher forced them to release it, and then they are expected to make a sequel whether the game needed one or not, and it has to be released asap, and be as good or better.

So call us elitest if you must, ill gladly wear it. Because i remember the good old days of when gaming was about making great games and making money. When a game not only required you think, you were happy to. When a game wasnt afraid to innovate and do its own thing. Regardless of the system they were on.

Those games do still exist, just they are getting harder and harder to find, and they arent getting the recognition they deserve, because they cant afford a 100 million dollar marketing budget, or pay off reviewers for excellent scores.

skyrim will be a fine game. No it wont require any intelligence, no it wont have a great story, no it wont push our systems to the max. Thats what mods are for thankfully, to actually make the game a challenge, to add complexity, not for complexity's sake, but to add depth to the game. Modding is the only reason i will buy skyrim, because i know that like minded people will create the game i want to play.

I'm sure alot of console gamers want the same things that PC gamers want, just they have not experienced it.
Edited by Vhati - 6/9/11 at 1:57pm
Current build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q9950 stock asus p5n-d 5870 4 gb ocz 
OS
windows 7 
  hide details  
Current build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q9950 stock asus p5n-d 5870 4 gb ocz 
OS
windows 7 
  hide details  
post #329 of 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeshield View Post


I think some people define hardcore gamers by the amount of money they spend on their gaming system.

I think that their definition of hardcore gamers is very much wrong. Just ask some of the top Street Fighter, or Halo, players in the world what platforms they game on.

Not every game is designed for casuals. Simplicity does not mean less competitive. Even if a game seems simple on the surface that doesn't mean there isn't complexity to be found aswell.
I have a friend that owns a lot of arcarde systems and consoles and predominantly plays japanese games and 2D fighters. I regularly play against him on his Street Fighter 3rd Strike cabinet and I never won once, I even remembered once where he played half of the match talkingh to somebody else almost not looking at the screen and finsihing me with a special when he clearly wasn't looking, I was extremely pised off XD

But then you give that guy a mouse and a keyboard and tell him to play CS and you'd think that he has mental problems, he clearly doesn't know how to play any FPS, even once we were playing Halo 2 and he clearly didn't have a clue about what to do. So 90% of the people on this forum would probably describe him as a console peasant because he doesn't know how to play on PC while that guy was owning people on Fatal Fury and Street Fighter 2 when they weren't even born.
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790K Asus Z97 Pro Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X 16GB GSkil 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 2TB 2000DM001 Seagate 3TB 3000DM001 Plextor PX891SA NH-C12P 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64bit Iiyama XB2783HSU Microsoft Digital Media Keyboard 3000 Corsair TX750W 
CaseMouseAudio
Lancool K62 Logitech G500 Xonar DX 
  hide details  
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790K Asus Z97 Pro Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X 16GB GSkil 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 2TB 2000DM001 Seagate 3TB 3000DM001 Plextor PX891SA NH-C12P 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64bit Iiyama XB2783HSU Microsoft Digital Media Keyboard 3000 Corsair TX750W 
CaseMouseAudio
Lancool K62 Logitech G500 Xonar DX 
  hide details  
post #330 of 384
I don't recall Oblivion or Fallout 3 being designed with PC first, yet I thoroughly enjoyed those games. Skyrim will be no different, most likely better from the looks of it. The only reason anyone should be mad is because their 8 graphics cards won't all run at 100%.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [GamersMint] Bethesda: Consoles to be the lead platform for Skyrim