Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Biggest fail of a BF3 Article I've seen all this week.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Biggest fail of a BF3 Article I've seen all this week. - Page 11

post #101 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishinomori View Post
Was your mouth out!

Battlefield didnt kill PC gaming...

(please dont flame war) It was the moneytrain they call CoD that did...
Pretty much. Battlefield series at least has large full scale combat with infantry,tanks and jets. I don't know what the cod series has going for it now.

Hopefully there is a killstreak that unlocks proper graphics.
Silence
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 4ghz HT Asus Rampage III Extreme ATI 5830 Corsair Dominator GT 6gb CAS 7 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
50gb Vertex 2 - OS,1.5tb Storage Win7 64 bit Saitek Cyborg OCZ 700W 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Define R3 Logitech G500 Steelseries Glass 
  hide details  
Reply
Silence
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 4ghz HT Asus Rampage III Extreme ATI 5830 Corsair Dominator GT 6gb CAS 7 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
50gb Vertex 2 - OS,1.5tb Storage Win7 64 bit Saitek Cyborg OCZ 700W 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Define R3 Logitech G500 Steelseries Glass 
  hide details  
Reply
post #102 of 108
You get what you pay for.

Consoles - $300.
PC's - $700+

Better graphics, more accurate input device.
The only thing a console has over a PC is you get to lay on a couch.


And the PC community is more mature. The immature console kiddies (young kids) don't visit the internet often. They go outside and play with this similarly queerish friends giving you more of an opportunity to see immature PC gamers on the internet. After all, those people are on the PC and a couple clicks away from a browser.

That's just my theory and by no means am I saying I'm perfect. I can be a tw4t sometimes but I don't scream over the mic trolling everyone 24/7 and argue that consoles are better with no basis.

The only reason the PC community abuses the console gamers is because the PC community has been steadily getting low-grade games because of a system that costs a third of the price on average. The whole "console players are immature" I think is just a random insult said due to anger, albeit true in most cases.

I'd be pretty pissed too if I bought a thousand dollar gaming build and I got some piece of crap that ran with 40fps because it was ported from a system that costs 300.
Edited by Khaotik55 - 6/10/11 at 1:27am
post #103 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaotik55 View Post
I'd be pretty pissed too if I bought a thousand dollar gaming build and I got some piece of crap that ran with 40fps because it was ported from a system that costs 300.
I think this is the winning phrase here. Although there is a bit more to it. You can force such things like 64x AA/AF though Nvidia's control panel to get better dynamics in games like Shift2, where as who knows what low number for AA/AF consoles would have.

IMO, the community as a whole just seems to be getting the short end of the gaming stick when it comes to title releases. BF3 will be extremely nice since its going to be a 'Made For PC' title.
M8 Chameleon
(18 items)
 
Macbook Pro 15"
(5 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3930K Asus Rampage IV Extreme SLI Evga 480GTX Corsair Dominator 32gb (8x4gb) DDR3 1866mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex 2 90GB Western Digital 1TB Black Sata 6 Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB Samsung Spinpoint 1TB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung Spinpoint 500GB 2x Hitachi 2TB Asus DVD+RW Prototype Danger Den Socket 2011 CPU Waterblock 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 x64 Professional Achieva Shimian QH270 2560x1440p Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Kingwin Lazer 1000w 
CaseMouse
CaseLabs M8 Razer Mamba 
CPURAMHard DriveOS
2.4GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7  4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM — 2x2GB  750GB Serial ATA Drive @ 7200 rpm OSX Lion 
Monitor
MacBook Pro 15-inch Hi-Res Glossy Widescreen Di... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 950 @ 4.2ghz Asus Rampage IV Formula EVGA 480GTX SLI Kingston HyperX 6GB (3x2gb) DDR3 1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 90gb/1.5tb/WD Black 1tb Sata III Asus DVD-RW Win7 Pro x64 27" LED Viewsonic 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Cyborg v2 1000w Kingwin Lazer Modular Danger Den Waterbox Razer Mamba 
  hide details  
Reply
M8 Chameleon
(18 items)
 
Macbook Pro 15"
(5 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3930K Asus Rampage IV Extreme SLI Evga 480GTX Corsair Dominator 32gb (8x4gb) DDR3 1866mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex 2 90GB Western Digital 1TB Black Sata 6 Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB Samsung Spinpoint 1TB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung Spinpoint 500GB 2x Hitachi 2TB Asus DVD+RW Prototype Danger Den Socket 2011 CPU Waterblock 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 x64 Professional Achieva Shimian QH270 2560x1440p Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Kingwin Lazer 1000w 
CaseMouse
CaseLabs M8 Razer Mamba 
CPURAMHard DriveOS
2.4GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7  4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM — 2x2GB  750GB Serial ATA Drive @ 7200 rpm OSX Lion 
Monitor
MacBook Pro 15-inch Hi-Res Glossy Widescreen Di... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 950 @ 4.2ghz Asus Rampage IV Formula EVGA 480GTX SLI Kingston HyperX 6GB (3x2gb) DDR3 1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 90gb/1.5tb/WD Black 1tb Sata III Asus DVD-RW Win7 Pro x64 27" LED Viewsonic 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Cyborg v2 1000w Kingwin Lazer Modular Danger Den Waterbox Razer Mamba 
  hide details  
Reply
post #104 of 108
^ above thing 40fps? that is funny because most console games are capped at 30 Trolololololol
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 2500k @4.2 P67A-GD80(B3 revision) MSI R6970 MSI 16GB Kingston HyperX 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Seagate 1 Terrible bite Windows 7 64bit Pro 27" inch Acer LED 1920x1080 Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX850watt Corsair T600 Logitech MX desk 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 2500k @4.2 P67A-GD80(B3 revision) MSI R6970 MSI 16GB Kingston HyperX 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Seagate 1 Terrible bite Windows 7 64bit Pro 27" inch Acer LED 1920x1080 Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX850watt Corsair T600 Logitech MX desk 
  hide details  
Reply
post #105 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaotik55 View Post
Consoles-$300
PC's-$700+
Consoles-$300+$1000HDTV+600couch= $1900 and a 30fps capped lousy experience
PC's-$700+$400monitor+60dollar chair =$1160 better experience

Just saying , how come everyone assumes that everyone has a HD-TV at home? I don't watch TV, everything sucks on it and the shows on these days are for idiots. Internet > TV and that includes news.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 2500k @4.2 P67A-GD80(B3 revision) MSI R6970 MSI 16GB Kingston HyperX 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Seagate 1 Terrible bite Windows 7 64bit Pro 27" inch Acer LED 1920x1080 Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX850watt Corsair T600 Logitech MX desk 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 2500k @4.2 P67A-GD80(B3 revision) MSI R6970 MSI 16GB Kingston HyperX 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Seagate 1 Terrible bite Windows 7 64bit Pro 27" inch Acer LED 1920x1080 Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX850watt Corsair T600 Logitech MX desk 
  hide details  
Reply
post #106 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by love9sick View Post
Was it just about a controller? You people are pulling for straws now. If I didn't know better you are looking for a fight to make yourself feel better then anyone else who has a negative opinion about the consoles. They are entitled to their own opinions.
Yeah, it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaotik55 View Post
And the PC community is more mature. The immature console kiddies (young kids) don't visit the internet often. They go outside and play with this similarly queerish friends giving you more of an opportunity to see immature PC gamers on the internet. After all, those people are on the PC and a couple clicks away from a browser.

That's just my theory and by no means am I saying I'm perfect. I can be a tw4t sometimes but I don't scream over the mic trolling everyone 24/7 and argue that consoles are better with no basis.

The only reason the PC community abuses the console gamers is because the PC community has been steadily getting low-grade games because of a system that costs a third of the price on average. The whole "console players are immature" I think is just a random insult said due to anger, albeit true in most cases.

I'd be pretty pissed too if I bought a thousand dollar gaming build and I got some piece of crap that ran with 40fps because it was ported from a system that costs 300.
So if console gamers are being "immature" with their friends outside, what on Earth bearing does that have on this issue? maturity level only matters insofar as it relates to PC gaming and console gaming. If I, as a mature PC gamer, want to act like a whiney, entitled brat about SOMETHING ELSE ENTIRELY, it doesn't factor into THIS discussion. If your argument is that console games are immature about having to do their homework or clean their room - then who the eff cares?

Not to mention screaming into a mic and crying about getting ganked ORIGINATED on the PC. It's even more pathetic to hear it from a PC gamer because that's the demographic that goes around championing "maturity" and scoffing at console "kiddies."
post #107 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucers View Post
Yeah, it was.



So if console gamers are being "immature" with their friends outside, what on Earth bearing does that have on this issue? maturity level only matters insofar as it relates to PC gaming and console gaming. If I, as a mature PC gamer, want to act like a whiney, entitled brat about SOMETHING ELSE ENTIRELY, it doesn't factor into THIS discussion. If your argument is that console games are immature about having to do their homework or clean their room - then who the eff cares?

Not to mention screaming into a mic and crying about getting ganked ORIGINATED on the PC. It's even more pathetic to hear it from a PC gamer because that's the demographic that goes around championing "maturity" and scoffing at console "kiddies."
I also see a lot of, "you effin suck, bow down to the champ, I can own you in any game any day noob, get out of here... etc..." lol... funny gamers taking things a wee bit serious. This refers to all gamers, but I see it a lot on consoles lol.
Dev0
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x6 1090T @ 3.8 GHz ASUS M4A78-E 790GX PowerColor HD Radeon 7850 2 GB 2x4 GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial M500 240 GB SSD Samsung Super WriteMaster DVD Burner 20x Windows 10 Pro x64 ASUS VH226H 21.5" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech PC Power & Cooling 500W Antec Three Hundred Modded Microsoft 3-Button Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Cheap Soft Mousepad 
  hide details  
Reply
Dev0
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x6 1090T @ 3.8 GHz ASUS M4A78-E 790GX PowerColor HD Radeon 7850 2 GB 2x4 GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial M500 240 GB SSD Samsung Super WriteMaster DVD Burner 20x Windows 10 Pro x64 ASUS VH226H 21.5" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech PC Power & Cooling 500W Antec Three Hundred Modded Microsoft 3-Button Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Cheap Soft Mousepad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #108 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by love9sick View Post
Consoles-$300+$1000HDTV+600couch= $1900 and a 30fps capped lousy experience
PC's-$700+$400monitor+60dollar chair =$1160 better experience
Did you really try and throw in an expensive HDTV, and couch, just to make consoles look worse? A couch? Really? Wow!

Damn my 120hz 24" 3D monitor cost more than my 34" HDTV, is usable with PS3 and Xbox 360, and that cost less than the price you put in for a PC monitor in your post.

Lol.
Edited by Lifeshield - 6/10/11 at 12:58pm
War Machine
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4670k @ 3.4ghz Asus B85M Gamer MSI Twin Frozr V R9 390X 8gb Kingston Hyper X Beast 16gb 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
HGS 2.5" Sata 1tb Corsair H100i v2 4 x Corsair SP120 Quiet Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Benq RL2455 Microsoft Sidewinder X4 EVGA Supernova G2 750w Corsair Carbide Air 240 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Naga Molten Edition Steel Series Guild Wars 2 Sennheiser HD201 
  hide details  
Reply
War Machine
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4670k @ 3.4ghz Asus B85M Gamer MSI Twin Frozr V R9 390X 8gb Kingston Hyper X Beast 16gb 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
HGS 2.5" Sata 1tb Corsair H100i v2 4 x Corsair SP120 Quiet Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Benq RL2455 Microsoft Sidewinder X4 EVGA Supernova G2 750w Corsair Carbide Air 240 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Naga Molten Edition Steel Series Guild Wars 2 Sennheiser HD201 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Biggest fail of a BF3 Article I've seen all this week.