Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › (56K Warning)*NEW* AQUACOMPUTER Airplex Modularity System Radiators
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

(56K Warning)*NEW* AQUACOMPUTER Airplex Modularity System Radiators - Page 20

post #191 of 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinm210 View Post

Sorry guys, but my hosting and domain are expiring.sadsmiley.gif
The question for me becomes, do I pay the $200 to keep hosting stuff I don't care about anymore, or do I treat myself to a few new games on steam. headscratch.gif
I am choosing the latter option...thumb.gif

 

Not to seem like a troll, but $200? You can get shared hosting for your blog for like $6 a month.

Mini Trendy
(0 items)
  
Reply
Mini Trendy
(0 items)
  
Reply
post #192 of 279
It's a yearly subscription, but more importantly why bother? It is pointless to attempt measuring fractions of a degree anymore when practically all the like products anymore perform pretty much the same. At a 5C water/air delta (which is what I like to run), the difference between worst to best radiator(17-24% max differences) is a measly 0.8C. If my house fluctuates in ambient temperature by 10C due to using a woodstove for heat, then a fraction of a degree really means nothing at all.

I got into this originally because I liked the craftsmanship required to fabricate a loop back in the days. I migrated to testing because I liked learning about the science behind it. Today everything is pretty much bolt together, people ***** about missing warning labels, and putting a loop together requires little to no fabrication or mechanical skill.

For $6/mo, I could treat myself to a monthly BBQ chicken sandwich, seasoned fries with ranch, and a medium diet pepsi (It makes up for the sandwich..lol).

I just bought Crysis 2 on steam for $12, Portal 2 for $5, and that $6 BBQ sandwich is looking REAL good right now..lol.smile.gif

As always, anyone that wants to can test and publish their results on the boards. There is no need to host a site or do anything special, just go do the work and share it and stop waiting for other people to do the work for you..wink.gif
Edited by Martinm210 - 11/25/12 at 6:49pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930K ASrock X79 Ext7 Evga GTX570 CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Phoenix SSD+2TB Seagate drives ASUS DVD-RW combo Windows 7 28" Hanns-G HZ281 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS Natural Corsair TX650 Danger Den Torture Rack Logitech MX518 
Mouse Pad
Desk 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930K ASrock X79 Ext7 Evga GTX570 CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Phoenix SSD+2TB Seagate drives ASUS DVD-RW combo Windows 7 28" Hanns-G HZ281 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS Natural Corsair TX650 Danger Den Torture Rack Logitech MX518 
Mouse Pad
Desk 
  hide details  
Reply
post #193 of 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpachris View Post

Most of us believe he was probably an AquaComputer employee.
I am the only one here - and that's for sure biggrin.gif
post #194 of 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoggy View Post

I am the only one here - and that's for sure biggrin.gif

Whenever someone new joins the forum....jumps into one thread and only posts there....and all posts are related to vigorously defending a certain product.....it doesn't look legitimate.

I'm grateful for your participation here Shoggy...but that doesn't mean you don't have a rogue AC employee posting in forums. There would be no way for you to ever know. smile.gif
post #195 of 279
We are a very small team where everybody knows everybody pretty well. The only one who cares what happens outside our own forum is me. The others just do their job and do not care nor would they spend a single minute of their spare time for things like that.

I am close to ask a Mod to check the IPs and to confirm that this user has nothing to do with us.
post #196 of 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoggy View Post

We are a very small team where everybody knows everybody pretty well. The only one who cares what happens outside our own forum is me. The others just do their job and do not care nor would they spend a single minute of their spare time for things like that.
I am close to ask a Mod to check the IPs and to confirm that this user has nothing to do with us.

I'd be interested to see if a mod would actually provide that info. Although I don't think they could ever confirm a user has nothing to do with you.

I'm curious...about how many employees do you guys have right now?
post #197 of 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpachris View Post

YOUDFDO never surfaced again after trolling the thread. Most of us believe he was probably an AquaComputer employee.

Bundymania also tested the aquacomputer modularity rad, showed pretty much the same thing as Martin's testing, it is just an average performing rad. In the 800 to 1600 rpm fan speed range where most use, it was beaten by many other rads, just like Martins testing showed... only tested best at 600 rpms by 0.2C. Testing here.

And I agree, it is always a shame when people, without even testing equipment, and clearly with an agenda, start promoting ridiculously false data about a product for no other reason than to get people to buy it. One of the banes of water cooling. But usually everyone realizes it, and only reflects poorly on the company being promoted, regardless of a direct connection with the company or not.
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6900K 4.4ghz  MSI X99A Krait Titan XP Gskill 32GB 3200 C14 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 960 Pro 1TB OS Samsung 850 pro 1TB games D5, XT45 280 rad, Nemesis 280 rad,  Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorPowerCase
Acer Predator XB271HU 144hz Seasonic Prime Titanium 850 Fractal Design R5 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6900K 4.4ghz  MSI X99A Krait Titan XP Gskill 32GB 3200 C14 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 960 Pro 1TB OS Samsung 850 pro 1TB games D5, XT45 280 rad, Nemesis 280 rad,  Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorPowerCase
Acer Predator XB271HU 144hz Seasonic Prime Titanium 850 Fractal Design R5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #198 of 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by opt33 View Post

Bundymania also tested the aquacomputer modularity rad, showed pretty much the same thing as Martin's testing, it is just an average performing rad. In the 800 to 1600 rpm fan speed range where most use, it was beaten by many other rads, just like Martins testing showed... only tested best at 600 rpms by 0.2C. Testing here.
And I agree, it is always a shame when people, without even testing equipment, and clearly with an agenda, start promoting ridiculously false data about a product for no other reason than to get people to buy it. One of the banes of water cooling. But usually everyone realizes it, and only reflects poorly on the company being promoted, regardless of a direct connection with the company or not.

This^^


Sadly......
MILSPEC II
(8 items)
 
| LUMO |
(6 items)
 
CLoS3 IMPACT
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
5820k X99m WS 980ti strix 980ti strix 
RAMHard DrivePowerCase
KLEVV Cras DDR4  3tb Red Corsair 600w SFX + 450w SFX Caselabs BH4 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4970k Z97 Gryphon GTX 680 x2 Crucial Ballistix Elite 16Gb 
PowerCase
Be Quiet Dark Power 850 InWin D Frame Mini 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k ASUS Impact ITX R9 290 Gskill Trident 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCase
Samsung EV0 250 x2 WD black Loop.....oh yes...... Caselabs S3....modded 
  hide details  
Reply
MILSPEC II
(8 items)
 
| LUMO |
(6 items)
 
CLoS3 IMPACT
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
5820k X99m WS 980ti strix 980ti strix 
RAMHard DrivePowerCase
KLEVV Cras DDR4  3tb Red Corsair 600w SFX + 450w SFX Caselabs BH4 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4970k Z97 Gryphon GTX 680 x2 Crucial Ballistix Elite 16Gb 
PowerCase
Be Quiet Dark Power 850 InWin D Frame Mini 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k ASUS Impact ITX R9 290 Gskill Trident 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCase
Samsung EV0 250 x2 WD black Loop.....oh yes...... Caselabs S3....modded 
  hide details  
Reply
post #199 of 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpachris View Post

I'm curious...about how many employees do you guys have right now?
I can not comment on this but I think most people would guess the number waaaaay too high.
post #200 of 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoggy View Post

I can not comment on this but I think most people would guess the number waaaaay too high.

Well...without revealing any top secret data, rolleyes.gif, tell me if my guess of 15 is in the ballpark. thumb.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › (56K Warning)*NEW* AQUACOMPUTER Airplex Modularity System Radiators