Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › Consolidated LulzSecurity News Thread -=Updated 6/15/2011=-
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Consolidated LulzSecurity News Thread -=Updated 6/15/2011=- - Page 22  

post #211 of 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by r34p3rex View Post
Not very analogous.. in school shootings, people are physically harmed/killed. What's happened has already happened and companies need to realize that they are not invincible and do something about it. That is all I'm saying
What you are saying is you advocate breaking the law in order to teach a lesson, so it is very analogous.

Identity theft which can be caused by compromised security leading to peoples information being stolen can leave people financially ruined for several years. If you are not savvy on your credit and identity theft is not discovered quickly it could spell permanent credit and financial ruin. Which would destroy a persons livelihood and to extrapolate off that, financial issues are a leading cause of suicide, so it could cause death for someone who's life was ruined because a company needed to learn a lesson and John Doe's identity was just collateral damage.

People need to look at the long term and stop with this childish thinking that this will teach a company a lesson. The people who perpetrate these acts are criminals and should be treated as such, not idolized.
Lawlasaurous 2.0
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2600k Asus p8p67 Deluxe GTX580 GTX580 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeance Vertex2 SSD Intel SSD Intel SSD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
F3R LG Bluray RW, Lightscribe DVD-RW Corsair Hydro 620 Windows 7 home premium 64 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U3011 Acer 27 inch 3d monitor Logitech G15 Kingwin Mach1 1000w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master HAF 932 Logitech MX518, Razer Naga Steel Series Epicus Maximus Blizzcon Mouse pad logitech z313 speakers 
Audio
logitech g930 7.1 headset 
  hide details  
Lawlasaurous 2.0
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2600k Asus p8p67 Deluxe GTX580 GTX580 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeance Vertex2 SSD Intel SSD Intel SSD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
F3R LG Bluray RW, Lightscribe DVD-RW Corsair Hydro 620 Windows 7 home premium 64 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U3011 Acer 27 inch 3d monitor Logitech G15 Kingwin Mach1 1000w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master HAF 932 Logitech MX518, Razer Naga Steel Series Epicus Maximus Blizzcon Mouse pad logitech z313 speakers 
Audio
logitech g930 7.1 headset 
  hide details  
post #212 of 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohryu76 View Post
don't know what you are calling misinformed. They took personal information. they may have not released it... but who says they won't use it.
Im not defending them. I support the fact that they are showing companies their vulnerabilities. Im not supporting the fact that they are taking personal info and publishing it. I am a BRINK player. So now i have been personally effected, so dont think im all for these Aholes because im not. I wish they had better morals and were doing these things to better the world and the internet and these companies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWhoDared View Post
I read the lone a few times, and i'm still not following you.
please think for yourself a little. Read from line 68 and beyond...
Edited by illusive snpr - 6/13/11 at 2:18pm
post #213 of 708
I love how people are saying that change should not come from breaking the law... but in reality, every major change has come from breaking the law and showing why the law in itself was incorrect.
 
F@H
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 920 @ 4.0ghz EVGA x58 132-BL-E758-A1 2x EVGA 460 1 GB G.SKILL 3 x 2 GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Mushkin 40 GB SSD / WD Black 1 TB Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit DCLCD 20.1" Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouse
Antec TP 750 Antec 900 Logitech G5 
CPUMotherboardRAMCooling
i7 2700k ASUS Maximus Gene-Z z68 G.Skill 2133mhz Noctua NH-D14 
OSPowerCase
Ubuntu 10.10 BFG 650 Silverstone TJ08-E 
  hide details  
 
F@H
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 920 @ 4.0ghz EVGA x58 132-BL-E758-A1 2x EVGA 460 1 GB G.SKILL 3 x 2 GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Mushkin 40 GB SSD / WD Black 1 TB Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit DCLCD 20.1" Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouse
Antec TP 750 Antec 900 Logitech G5 
CPUMotherboardRAMCooling
i7 2700k ASUS Maximus Gene-Z z68 G.Skill 2133mhz Noctua NH-D14 
OSPowerCase
Ubuntu 10.10 BFG 650 Silverstone TJ08-E 
  hide details  
post #214 of 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzal View Post
What you are saying is you advocate breaking the law in order to teach a lesson, so it is very analogous.

Identity theft which can be caused by compromised security leading to peoples information being stolen can leave people financially ruined for several years. If you are not savvy on your credit and identity theft is not discovered quickly it could spell permanent credit and financial ruin. Which would destroy a persons livelihood and to extrapolate off that, financial issues are a leading cause of suicide, so it could cause death for someone who's life was ruined because a company needed to learn a lesson and John Doe's identity was just collateral damage.

People need to look at the long term and stop with this childish thinking that this will teach a company a lesson. The people who perpetrate these acts are criminals and should be treated as such, not idolized.
Rosa Parks was a criminal as well. Before you jump all over me, no I do not think Lulsec is anything like Rosa Parks. I am just pointing out that some times standing up to the powers that be is necessary at any cost.
Small but mighty!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k (4.4ghz @ 1.32v) Asus Maximus Gene Z EVGA GTX 580 8GB Corsair XMS3 1866mhz 9-10-9-27 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
intel 320 120gb ssd 1 WD 10k 300gb LG blu ray burner  Windows 7 Home Premium x64 BenQ 24" 120hz Xl2420T 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Steel Series G6v2 Corsair AX750 Silverstone TJ08B-e logitech G9 
Mouse Pad
none 
  hide details  
Small but mighty!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k (4.4ghz @ 1.32v) Asus Maximus Gene Z EVGA GTX 580 8GB Corsair XMS3 1866mhz 9-10-9-27 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
intel 320 120gb ssd 1 WD 10k 300gb LG blu ray burner  Windows 7 Home Premium x64 BenQ 24" 120hz Xl2420T 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Steel Series G6v2 Corsair AX750 Silverstone TJ08B-e logitech G9 
Mouse Pad
none 
  hide details  
post #215 of 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmung View Post
Rosa Parks was a criminal as well. Before you jump all over me, no I do not think Lulsec is anything like Rosa Parks. I am just pointing out that some times standing up to the powers that be is necessary at any cost.
The fact that it was illegal was not even the main point, the point was that this is not something that is victimless aside from the corporations. Consumers are also at risk.
Lawlasaurous 2.0
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2600k Asus p8p67 Deluxe GTX580 GTX580 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeance Vertex2 SSD Intel SSD Intel SSD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
F3R LG Bluray RW, Lightscribe DVD-RW Corsair Hydro 620 Windows 7 home premium 64 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U3011 Acer 27 inch 3d monitor Logitech G15 Kingwin Mach1 1000w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master HAF 932 Logitech MX518, Razer Naga Steel Series Epicus Maximus Blizzcon Mouse pad logitech z313 speakers 
Audio
logitech g930 7.1 headset 
  hide details  
Lawlasaurous 2.0
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2600k Asus p8p67 Deluxe GTX580 GTX580 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeance Vertex2 SSD Intel SSD Intel SSD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
F3R LG Bluray RW, Lightscribe DVD-RW Corsair Hydro 620 Windows 7 home premium 64 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U3011 Acer 27 inch 3d monitor Logitech G15 Kingwin Mach1 1000w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master HAF 932 Logitech MX518, Razer Naga Steel Series Epicus Maximus Blizzcon Mouse pad logitech z313 speakers 
Audio
logitech g930 7.1 headset 
  hide details  
post #216 of 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohryu76 View Post
don't know what you are calling misinformed. They took personal information. they may have not released it... but who says they won't use it.
That or seeing as they're spreading personal information, people other than lulsec may use it maliciously.
post #217 of 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitchie View Post
This is getting really old.
It really is. These jerkoffs aren't funny, but they are showing that a lot of companies have weak security.
Swamplog 2.0
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.5GHz MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon Gigabyte GTX 1070 G. Skill 2x8Gb DDR4 3200 @ 2933 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SSD Sandisk 480Gb SSD WD Black 1TB HDD Corsair H60 
OSPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 Thermaltake Toughpower 750w 
  hide details  
Swamplog 2.0
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.5GHz MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon Gigabyte GTX 1070 G. Skill 2x8Gb DDR4 3200 @ 2933 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SSD Sandisk 480Gb SSD WD Black 1TB HDD Corsair H60 
OSPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 Thermaltake Toughpower 750w 
  hide details  
post #218 of 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu.;13858591 
I love how people are saying that change should not come from breaking the law... but in reality, every major change has come from breaking the law and showing why the law in itself was incorrect.

And you can justify that breaking into private company data, stealing personal information, and releasing it to the public is illegal because of incorrect law? Come on rolleyes.gif
post #219 of 708
Am I the only that thinks these people are giving the government the excuse it needs to regulate the internet?

Then all of you who think this is all great & fun will be really pissed off when the governments of the world use these hacking attacks as there "legtimate reason" for wanting so much internet security you'll need a internet ID number (or something along those lines) just to get online.

personally I think this is covert op.
Edited by takealready - 6/13/11 at 3:20pm
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Interl P8400 (stock 2.26 Ghz) Intel PM45 Express 1GB DDR3 9800m GTS 4GB DDR3-1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2X 250GB Raid-0 (7200 RPM) Some 8X +/- DL Thing Windows 7 x64 Ultimate 17" 1440x900 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
120 Watts (I think) Stock Kensington CI60 A sheet of paper :) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom 940 BE (stock) K9A2 Platinum (w/ 6 core bios) HD6850 (Crossfired) Infineon 4GB DDR2-800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
250GB 7200.10, 320GB 7200.10 16x DVD -/+ RW Ultra X5 Carbon  Win7 X64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
3X Envision 17" LCD's 3840 x 1024 Digital Media Pro Coolmax CUG-950b (100% modular) Sunbeam Transformer 
MouseMouse Pad
AULA Killing the Soul Gaming Mouse cheap 
  hide details  
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Interl P8400 (stock 2.26 Ghz) Intel PM45 Express 1GB DDR3 9800m GTS 4GB DDR3-1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2X 250GB Raid-0 (7200 RPM) Some 8X +/- DL Thing Windows 7 x64 Ultimate 17" 1440x900 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
120 Watts (I think) Stock Kensington CI60 A sheet of paper :) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom 940 BE (stock) K9A2 Platinum (w/ 6 core bios) HD6850 (Crossfired) Infineon 4GB DDR2-800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
250GB 7200.10, 320GB 7200.10 16x DVD -/+ RW Ultra X5 Carbon  Win7 X64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
3X Envision 17" LCD's 3840 x 1024 Digital Media Pro Coolmax CUG-950b (100% modular) Sunbeam Transformer 
MouseMouse Pad
AULA Killing the Soul Gaming Mouse cheap 
  hide details  
post #220 of 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by takealready View Post
Am I the only that thinks these people are giving the government the excuse it needs to regulate the internet?

Then all of you who think this is all great & fun will be really pissed off when the governments of the world use these hacking attacks as there "legtimate reason" for wanting so much internet security you'll need a internet ID number (or something along those lines) just to get online.

personally I think this is covert op.
Nope, I've already said that in this thread. People tend to look at things without considering the large scale consequences.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Technology and Science News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › Consolidated LulzSecurity News Thread -=Updated 6/15/2011=-