Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › Consolidated LulzSecurity News Thread -=Updated 6/15/2011=-
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Consolidated LulzSecurity News Thread -=Updated 6/15/2011=- - Page 58  

post #571 of 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman23 View Post
I'm well aware of what they are, and what they have done. Just because they say who they hacked doesn't make them not malicous Please, try to justify that they aren't malicous, I'd really like to see you try.

That hole's getting deeper son.
Didn't they leak personal/valuable info which makes them malicous???
post #572 of 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako0312 View Post
Didn't they leak personal/valuable info which makes them malicous???
Uh yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying...
post #573 of 708
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweex View Post


I don't doubt you but I would like to see some sources to your info.
The first part of his post is in the news articles in OP
Hobbes
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 4790K GA-Z97X-SOC Gigabyte GTX 1080 Gaming Samsung MV-3V4G3D/US 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB EK Predator 240mm Windows 7 x64 Das Keyboard 4 Professional CherryMX Blue 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic X750 Gold Corsair Carbide Air 540 Logitech G900 Schiit Bifrost Uber W/ USB Gen 2 DAC 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Schiit Asgard 2 Headphone Amp Audioengine N22 Speaker Amp AudioQuest Nighthawk Audioengine P4 Monitors. 
  hide details  
Hobbes
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 4790K GA-Z97X-SOC Gigabyte GTX 1080 Gaming Samsung MV-3V4G3D/US 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB EK Predator 240mm Windows 7 x64 Das Keyboard 4 Professional CherryMX Blue 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic X750 Gold Corsair Carbide Air 540 Logitech G900 Schiit Bifrost Uber W/ USB Gen 2 DAC 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Schiit Asgard 2 Headphone Amp Audioengine N22 Speaker Amp AudioQuest Nighthawk Audioengine P4 Monitors. 
  hide details  
post #574 of 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman23 View Post
Uh yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying...
I know that's what you meant. I don't think others did.
post #575 of 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman23 View Post
-snip-
You know what? You are completely right.
Just don't go crying when your credit cards are maxed out, your identity stolen and your privacy violated. Because the people in charge of protecting you are trying their best! They're only human!

While we're at it, let's loosen up all those security regulations in other areas too. So what if planes and nuclear plants start exploding. Those engineers and technicians are only human too. They can't possibly inspect every screw, every hose, every knook and crany, every engine, every reactor, every pump, every cooler... Just trying to name some of those things gets me overwhelmed.


Quote:
I'm well aware of what they are, and what they have done. Just because they say who they hacked doesn't make them not malicous Please, try to justify that they aren't malicous, I'd really like to see you try.

That hole's getting deeper son.
I already have. You just aren't convinced by it. They didn't leak all the info, just a small part of it. Oh and please keep those personal attacks coming. I'm loving them.
Edited by __Pat__ - 6/15/11 at 12:30pm
Lala
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-750 @ 3.00GHz Intel DP55WB Sapphire HD 5870 @ 950/1200 1.212V Kingston 2x2GB DDR3 1333.3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB WD Black, 1TB WD Green Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit Samsung P2370H Thermaltake ToughPower 750W 
Case
Thermaltake M9 Black 
  hide details  
Lala
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-750 @ 3.00GHz Intel DP55WB Sapphire HD 5870 @ 950/1200 1.212V Kingston 2x2GB DDR3 1333.3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB WD Black, 1TB WD Green Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit Samsung P2370H Thermaltake ToughPower 750W 
Case
Thermaltake M9 Black 
  hide details  
post #576 of 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by __Pat__ View Post
You know what? You are completely right.
Just don't go crying when your credit cards are maxed out, your identity stolen and your privacy violated. Because the people in charge of protecting you are trying their best! They're only human!

While we're at it, let's loosen up all those security regulations in other areas too. So what if planes and nuclear plants start exploding. Those engineers and technicians are only human too. They can't possibly inspect every screw, every hose, every knook and crany, every engine, every reactor, every pump, every cooler... Just trying to name some of those things gets me overwhelmed.
Never said I advocated any of those things. Have you finally realized you're wrong and you're now trying to change the subject with a complete fabrication? Of course I support security, but it's not possible to be 100% secure. And the Lulzsec manner of hacking is not even close to the best (or non-malicious) way to raise awareness and cause people to strive to become as close as possible to 100% secure.


Quote:
I already have. You just aren't convinced by it. They didn't leak all the info, just a small part of it. Oh and please keep those personal attacks coming. I'm loving them.
So it's ok if they don't leak all the info, but only some of it? That's hardly a justification . What a joke.
post #577 of 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman23 View Post
Never said I advocated any of those things. Have you finally realized you're wrong and you're now trying to change the subject with a complete fabrication? Of course I support security, but it's not possible to be 100% secure. And the Lulzsec manner of hacking is not even close to the best way to raise awareness and cause people to strive to become as close as possible to 100% secure.
I am trying to show the double standards that you are giving. Either you are trolling, trying a strawman or lack the cognitive ability to understand my posts.

Why is it that in all other areas human error is not allowed, yet when it comes to online security it's something perfectly normal?

Quote:
So it's ok if they don't leak all the info, but only some of it? That's hardly a justification . What a joke.
Yeah, because that part is not enough to hurt people. The critical info was left unpublished, as far as I'm aware.
Lala
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-750 @ 3.00GHz Intel DP55WB Sapphire HD 5870 @ 950/1200 1.212V Kingston 2x2GB DDR3 1333.3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB WD Black, 1TB WD Green Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit Samsung P2370H Thermaltake ToughPower 750W 
Case
Thermaltake M9 Black 
  hide details  
Lala
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-750 @ 3.00GHz Intel DP55WB Sapphire HD 5870 @ 950/1200 1.212V Kingston 2x2GB DDR3 1333.3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB WD Black, 1TB WD Green Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit Samsung P2370H Thermaltake ToughPower 750W 
Case
Thermaltake M9 Black 
  hide details  
post #578 of 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by __Pat__ View Post
You know what? You are completely right.
Just don't go crying when your credit cards are maxed out, your identity stolen and your privacy violated. Because the people in charge of protecting you are trying their best! They're only human!

While we're at it, let's loosen up all those security regulations in other areas too. So what if planes and nuclear plants start exploding. Those engineers and technicians are only human too. They can't possibly inspect every screw, every hose, every knook and crany, every engine, every reactor, every pump, every cooler... Just trying to name some of those things gets me overwhelmed.
Ummmm, mine was.

My social was actually sold to multiple parties by Anon...But, I don't really blame Sony.

As an Admin, I understand mistakes were made but, they're also running Apache.

In my opinion, that was/is their major malfunction...It still took someone performing an illegal act to get that data and obviously they sold it...So, we can say it was malicious...That's not the end company's fault...That's the hacker's fault for hacking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by __Pat__ View Post
I already have. You just aren't convinced by it. They didn't leak all the info, just a small part of it. Oh and please keep those personal attacks coming. I'm loving them.
What you FAIL to understand is that leaking info...Is leaking info. It's a malicious act done by, in this case a black hat, in an effort to gain the upper hand.

I fail where they seem to be justified in any way/shape/form/function/service...Maybe it's just me?

As an Admin, my major function is protecting my network...I do my best, have my customers information stored permanently on an off-line, non-net connected server...I physically update it daily VIA USB.

That's what I consider secure...Good luck hacking through space.

That doesn't change the fact that Oracle and Nginx have MAJOR holes...As does any current server OS...That's why we have weekly updates.

Why? Do you ask?

Humans make mistakes. Humans discover holes. Humans make viruses...Dur.

Security is a lot like a chess game...There are a million different moves but, unfortunately, you can only protect yourself from about 900,000 of them...That's just reality.

You still haven't made me my firewall...Have at it, hoss.
post #579 of 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by __Pat__ View Post
I am trying to show the double standards that you are giving. Either you are trolling, trying a strawman or lack the cognitive ability to understand my posts.
You're using a straw man argument in every post in an attempt to get around the fact that you simpyl can't have 100% security. Sadly, your sarcastic retort actually did well in proving my point. All those systems you mentioned have experienced failures. And trust me, an airplane has far far fewer possible vulnerabilities than a computer network.


Quote:
Yeah, because that part is not enough to hurt people. The critical info was left unpublished, as far as I'm aware.
See, you don't even have a clue. They release personal details linking people to a pornography site. Then they highlighted members of the military that were found in the data. That's not malicious?

If you're not going to listen to me, listen to the guy who is WORKING AS A NETWORK SECURITY ADMIN. You truly believe you know more than he does about this subject?
Edited by Iceman23 - 6/15/11 at 12:54pm
post #580 of 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman23 View Post
You're using a straw man argument in every post in an attempt to get around the fact that you simpyl can't have 100% security. Sadly, your sarcastic retort actually did well in proving my point. All those systems you mentioned have experienced failures. And trust me, an airplane has far far fewer possible vulnerabilities than a computer network.
Your onslaught of personal attacks finally got to me.

Anyway, whenever those things have experienced failure, the responsible party was held responsibility. Something you're refusing to do in the case of online incidents, on the notion that human error is forgivable.


Quote:
See, you don't even have a clue. They release personal details linking people to a pornography site. Then they highlighted members of the military that were found in the data. That's not malicious?
I was not aware of that. Thank you for pointing it out.
Lala
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-750 @ 3.00GHz Intel DP55WB Sapphire HD 5870 @ 950/1200 1.212V Kingston 2x2GB DDR3 1333.3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB WD Black, 1TB WD Green Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit Samsung P2370H Thermaltake ToughPower 750W 
Case
Thermaltake M9 Black 
  hide details  
Lala
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-750 @ 3.00GHz Intel DP55WB Sapphire HD 5870 @ 950/1200 1.212V Kingston 2x2GB DDR3 1333.3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB WD Black, 1TB WD Green Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit Samsung P2370H Thermaltake ToughPower 750W 
Case
Thermaltake M9 Black 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Technology and Science News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › Consolidated LulzSecurity News Thread -=Updated 6/15/2011=-