Overclock.net › Forums › Mobile Computing Forum › Phones › Windows Phone 7...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Windows Phone 7... - Page 3

post #21 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace_012 View Post
In regards to what Comp112 said, I did notice one or two hiccups with my Focus when it first came out but I didn't really think twice about it since it did just launch. Any brand new OS/Phone is going to have a few problems. The only ones I really remember was maybe about twice the marketplace locked up and I had to restart my phone to be able to launch the marketplace again. But Like I said since the updates I haven't notice any problems tbh.

I think it comes down to whether you really need just those couple of apps that haven't been developed for WP7 yet. Because so many websites now a days have mobile versions I really haven't noticed the lack of flash support myself, but I'm sure some people notice it that stray from "mainstream" websites.

Not trying to sound like a fanboy here, but just saying if you can live without some of those apps that WP7 doesn't have yet I don't think you will be disappointed. If anything I might end up buying a cheap iPod touch to fill in the gap of the two or three apps that I really do want, but thats another piece of hardware. Let us know what you end up choosing!

Oh and AT&T is really slow on pushing out updates! That is one thing that really does bother me, but I guess it's better for the end user that the updates are thoroughly tested. And forgot to mention a quick note about email. Not sure if you intend on checking several different email accounts, and I don't have experience with how other phones handle it but I love the way WP7 handles it. It's very easy to set up several accounts imo, and since my school email uses Outlook web access it was a cinch to set it up. That was definitely a big advantage to me as well.
You make great points here, and I think flash support really isn't important, but HTML5? Does MS support it? I'm very positive about the future, and I have confidence in Windows Phone 7, or a lot more than I previously did.

There's certain apps that aren't "dire" for me, I can watch Crunchyroll anime online with my PC, but being able to watch it on my phone while I'm out is convenient, but not a deal breaker.

I have a couple different iPods I can use for music, so that's not a big issue. I bought a 32gb iPhone 4 because I planned to use it as my music player as well, but over all there isn't a big issue.

I'll definitely let you know, but it'll be a month. I will update this thread, or I'll make a new one and link back to this thread and I'll even post pictures of the device I picked. I'll explain why I picked it, etc.

I can tell you this much, I am in the middle once again in terms of what to pick haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottb75 View Post
I'd probably get a WP7 device if I were eligable for an upgrade. I tried out a few WP7 devices while browsing stores like Best Buy and rather liked what I saw.
Yeah, I have played around with them and I felt the same way. I like Android too, but I do like the look of the Windows Phone much more.
post #22 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miki View Post
Yeah, I have played around with them and I felt the same way. I like Android too, but I do like the look of the Windows Phone much more.
Hmm, WP7Android devs are saying that their apps will try to be close to the real thing as possible. For example, their Zune app will have Amazon cloud storage and MS Zune sync enabled in its future version.

Buut, whatever floats your boat. If you're sure about living in WP7 ecosystem, then that's cool. I'm just giving you some heads up regarding future developments, as Android has the capability to look and feel like other platforms - without sacrificing functionality.
Monolith
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5-4690K ASUS Maximus VII Hero MSI GTX 970 Gaming G4 MSI GTX 970 Gaming G4 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill Trident X Samsung 840 Western Digital Caviar Blue Corsair H100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 ASUS PB278Q Max Keyboard Nighthawk X9 Corsair AX650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Obsidian 750D Mionix Naos 3200 Corsair MM400 M-Audio Studiophile AV30 
AudioAudio
Schiit Bifrost Schiit Asgard 2 
  hide details  
Reply
Monolith
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5-4690K ASUS Maximus VII Hero MSI GTX 970 Gaming G4 MSI GTX 970 Gaming G4 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill Trident X Samsung 840 Western Digital Caviar Blue Corsair H100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 ASUS PB278Q Max Keyboard Nighthawk X9 Corsair AX650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Obsidian 750D Mionix Naos 3200 Corsair MM400 M-Audio Studiophile AV30 
AudioAudio
Schiit Bifrost Schiit Asgard 2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miki View Post
You make great points here, and I think flash support really isn't important, but HTML5? Does MS support it? I'm very positive about the future, and I have confidence in Windows Phone 7, or a lot more than I previously did.

There's certain apps that aren't "dire" for me, I can watch Crunchyroll anime online with my PC, but being able to watch it on my phone while I'm out is convenient, but not a deal breaker.

I have a couple different iPods I can use for music, so that's not a big issue. I bought a 32gb iPhone 4 because I planned to use it as my music player as well, but over all there isn't a big issue.

I'll definitely let you know, but it'll be a month. I will update this thread, or I'll make a new one and link back to this thread and I'll even post pictures of the device I picked. I'll explain why I picked it, etc.

I can tell you this much, I am in the middle once again in terms of what to pick haha.
Haha, to answer your question about HTML5 it doesn't currently support it but I remember reading somewhere that IE9 mobile will officially support it which will be coming with the Mango update.

And upon searching for where I read that ^ I found this quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by itechwiz.com
In a comparisons with a BlackBerry, iPhone and Android device, the Windows Phone 7 Mango device loaded much faster. The BlackBerry loaded at 4fps, the Android device at 10fps and the Windows Phone 7 Mango device at 26fps. http://www.itechwhiz.com/2011/05/wp7...o-updates.html
Not exactly sure what it means for the end user exactly but figured I'd throw that in there for consideration if anyone is concerned about IE mobile.
Edited by ace_012 - 6/10/11 at 3:11pm
post #24 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsoviet View Post
Hmm, WP7Android devs are saying that their apps will try to be close to the real thing as possible. For example, their Zune app will have Amazon cloud storage and MS Zune sync enabled in its future version.

Buut, whatever floats your boat. If you're sure about living in WP7 ecosystem, then that's cool. I'm just giving you some heads up regarding future developments, as Android has the capability to look and feel like other platforms - without sacrificing functionality.
I really appreciate this information and your knowledge about this. I will have to look more in depth to get an idea of how it works exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace_012 View Post
Haha, to answer your question about HTML5 it doesn't currently support it but I remember reading somewhere that IE9 mobile will officially support it which will be coming with the Mango update.

And upon searching for where I read that ^ I found this quote:

Not exactly sure what it means for the end user exactly but figured I'd throw that in there for consideration if anyone is concerned about IE mobile.
Actually, I sort of remember reading that HTML5 would be addressed in the upcoming Mango update (this fall), but I wasn't certain.

Yes, I know there is an expected majour improvement for the browser with Mango. I just wish they'd release it now. :C
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Phones
Overclock.net › Forums › Mobile Computing Forum › Phones › Windows Phone 7...