Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › (WC Beginner) A good cooling solution for the following:
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

(WC Beginner) A good cooling solution for the following: - Page 7

post #61 of 89
I'm just about 100% sure the two gpu blocks you picked won't line up correctly. You'll either need a fairly large crossfire bridge or just use rotary fittings to make that work.

Also, nothing wrong with enermax magma's, i've been using 4 of them for quite a bit now and they kept my delta at about 5-6c
Old man river
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
955 @ 4.2GHz 880GA-UD3H GTX 460(24/7 folder) Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Caviar Blue 320GB Win 7 SR2320L XFX XXX 650 
CaseMouse
Tecnofront HWD Logitech MX-518 
  hide details  
Reply
Old man river
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
955 @ 4.2GHz 880GA-UD3H GTX 460(24/7 folder) Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Caviar Blue 320GB Win 7 SR2320L XFX XXX 650 
CaseMouse
Tecnofront HWD Logitech MX-518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #62 of 89
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JE Nightmare View Post
I'm just about 100% sure the two gpu blocks you picked won't line up correctly. You'll either need a fairly large crossfire bridge or just use rotary fittings to make that work.

Also, nothing wrong with enermax magma's, i've been using 4 of them for quite a bit now and they kept my delta at about 5-6c
Thank you for telling me, do you know of any blocks that do line up?

Would this VID connector help at all? http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...ducts_id=30754
The Future (2012)
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Dual Intel Xeon E5-2690's EVGA Classified SR-X Tri 7970/Quad 7990 OR GTX 680/690 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z @ 2400MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveMonitorPower
2x 240GB Corsair Force GT RAID 0, 1TB Samsung LG WH12LS38 Blu-Ray Burner 3x Dell U3011 Dual Corsair AX1200 
CaseAudio
CaseLabs TX10 + Extended Top/Pedestal Asus Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
The Future (2012)
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Dual Intel Xeon E5-2690's EVGA Classified SR-X Tri 7970/Quad 7990 OR GTX 680/690 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z @ 2400MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveMonitorPower
2x 240GB Corsair Force GT RAID 0, 1TB Samsung LG WH12LS38 Blu-Ray Burner 3x Dell U3011 Dual Corsair AX1200 
CaseAudio
CaseLabs TX10 + Extended Top/Pedestal Asus Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #63 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat View Post
Thank you for telling me, do you know of any blocks that do line up?

Would this VID connector help at all? http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...ducts_id=30754
6990:http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...ducts_id=30685
6970:http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...ducts_id=30417

there is also another variant of those two, saves about $20 total.
Old man river
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
955 @ 4.2GHz 880GA-UD3H GTX 460(24/7 folder) Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Caviar Blue 320GB Win 7 SR2320L XFX XXX 650 
CaseMouse
Tecnofront HWD Logitech MX-518 
  hide details  
Reply
Old man river
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
955 @ 4.2GHz 880GA-UD3H GTX 460(24/7 folder) Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Caviar Blue 320GB Win 7 SR2320L XFX XXX 650 
CaseMouse
Tecnofront HWD Logitech MX-518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #64 of 89
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JE Nightmare View Post
6990:http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...ducts_id=30685
6970:http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...ducts_id=30417

there is also another variant of those two, saves about $20 total.
That copper looks really nice.

Will I need the VID connector still, and is the Koolance 450S overkill?
Edited by Heat - 6/13/11 at 6:37pm
The Future (2012)
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Dual Intel Xeon E5-2690's EVGA Classified SR-X Tri 7970/Quad 7990 OR GTX 680/690 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z @ 2400MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveMonitorPower
2x 240GB Corsair Force GT RAID 0, 1TB Samsung LG WH12LS38 Blu-Ray Burner 3x Dell U3011 Dual Corsair AX1200 
CaseAudio
CaseLabs TX10 + Extended Top/Pedestal Asus Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
The Future (2012)
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Dual Intel Xeon E5-2690's EVGA Classified SR-X Tri 7970/Quad 7990 OR GTX 680/690 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z @ 2400MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveMonitorPower
2x 240GB Corsair Force GT RAID 0, 1TB Samsung LG WH12LS38 Blu-Ray Burner 3x Dell U3011 Dual Corsair AX1200 
CaseAudio
CaseLabs TX10 + Extended Top/Pedestal Asus Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #65 of 89
I've been following along this thread, is EK really that bad? I've heard nothing, but good things about them until I found this thread.
post #66 of 89
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALUCARDVPR View Post
I've been following along this thread, is EK really that bad? I've heard nothing, but good things about them until I found this thread.
Only the nickel plated products have issues or something like that. I'm not 100% sure. I'm just going to stay away from them all together.
Edited by Heat - 6/13/11 at 7:54pm
The Future (2012)
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Dual Intel Xeon E5-2690's EVGA Classified SR-X Tri 7970/Quad 7990 OR GTX 680/690 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z @ 2400MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveMonitorPower
2x 240GB Corsair Force GT RAID 0, 1TB Samsung LG WH12LS38 Blu-Ray Burner 3x Dell U3011 Dual Corsair AX1200 
CaseAudio
CaseLabs TX10 + Extended Top/Pedestal Asus Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
The Future (2012)
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Dual Intel Xeon E5-2690's EVGA Classified SR-X Tri 7970/Quad 7990 OR GTX 680/690 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z @ 2400MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveMonitorPower
2x 240GB Corsair Force GT RAID 0, 1TB Samsung LG WH12LS38 Blu-Ray Burner 3x Dell U3011 Dual Corsair AX1200 
CaseAudio
CaseLabs TX10 + Extended Top/Pedestal Asus Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #67 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat View Post
Only the nickel plated products have issues or something like that. I'm not 100% sure. I'm just going to stay away from them all together.
I hear ya, I would too - without further information.

Does anyone know if this is a "current" issue? You know I've seen it happen before: A few (1/10th) people have a problem with something and complain to everyone on the internet (or just 1 or 2 popular forums) and then that vendor is just discounted forever. I can't believe that EK would not have resolved this issue with it's customers.
post #68 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALUCARDVPR View Post
I hear ya, I would too - without further information.

Does anyone know if this is a "current" issue? You know I've seen it happen before: A few (1/10th) people have a problem with something and complain to everyone on the internet (or just 1 or 2 popular forums) and then that vendor is just discounted forever. I can't believe that EK would not have resolved this issue with it's customers.
Take a look through these threads.

http://www.overclock.net/water-cooli...ek-nickel.html
http://www.overclock.net/water-cooli...ng-issues.html
Old man river
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
955 @ 4.2GHz 880GA-UD3H GTX 460(24/7 folder) Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Caviar Blue 320GB Win 7 SR2320L XFX XXX 650 
CaseMouse
Tecnofront HWD Logitech MX-518 
  hide details  
Reply
Old man river
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
955 @ 4.2GHz 880GA-UD3H GTX 460(24/7 folder) Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Caviar Blue 320GB Win 7 SR2320L XFX XXX 650 
CaseMouse
Tecnofront HWD Logitech MX-518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #69 of 89
450S which is the D5 strong can dump a lot of heat back into the loop because of the steel impeller chamber it uses vs a plastic on a DDC.

This is also why the D5 is a much beefier tank, because the coolant inline cools it, vs a hot and high spinning DDC.

This is why i typically recommend DDC's > D5's.
They make control a bit easier because u dont need to account for the extra heat dump at the pump.
Nadeshiko
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 990X eVGA Classified E759 eVGA GTX 580 x 2 + GTX 550Ti Corsair Dominators 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Intel G2 x 3 in R0 + C300 256GB - Gaming Gateway 2485W x 2 + Asus 27 LED center AX1200 MM + Pedistool 
  hide details  
Reply
Nadeshiko
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 990X eVGA Classified E759 eVGA GTX 580 x 2 + GTX 550Ti Corsair Dominators 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Intel G2 x 3 in R0 + C300 256GB - Gaming Gateway 2485W x 2 + Asus 27 LED center AX1200 MM + Pedistool 
  hide details  
Reply
post #70 of 89
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaeKuh View Post
450S which is the D5 strong can dump a lot of heat back into the loop because of the steel impeller chamber it uses vs a plastic on a DDC.

This is also why the D5 is a much beefier tank, because the coolant inline cools it, vs a hot and high spinning DDC.

This is why i typically recommend DDC's > D5's.
They make control a bit easier because u dont need to account for the extra heat dump at the pump.
Okay, what DDC pump might you recommend?
The Future (2012)
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Dual Intel Xeon E5-2690's EVGA Classified SR-X Tri 7970/Quad 7990 OR GTX 680/690 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z @ 2400MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveMonitorPower
2x 240GB Corsair Force GT RAID 0, 1TB Samsung LG WH12LS38 Blu-Ray Burner 3x Dell U3011 Dual Corsair AX1200 
CaseAudio
CaseLabs TX10 + Extended Top/Pedestal Asus Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
The Future (2012)
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Dual Intel Xeon E5-2690's EVGA Classified SR-X Tri 7970/Quad 7990 OR GTX 680/690 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z @ 2400MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveMonitorPower
2x 240GB Corsair Force GT RAID 0, 1TB Samsung LG WH12LS38 Blu-Ray Burner 3x Dell U3011 Dual Corsair AX1200 
CaseAudio
CaseLabs TX10 + Extended Top/Pedestal Asus Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › (WC Beginner) A good cooling solution for the following: