Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › The Cooler Master Storm Enforcer Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Cooler Master Storm Enforcer Club - Page 220

post #2191 of 2347

this is stock for this case

how much is 29 aud in dollars

post #2192 of 2347
The 29 AUD is ~31 USD
post #2193 of 2347
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaBullSnarf View Post

The 29 AUD is ~31 USD
29aud is ~27usd. rolleyes.gif
post #2194 of 2347
Question - I had a near catastrophe with a cup of coffee (yeah - I know). But I was pretty lucky, because I only managed to get a couple of drops in the front right USB 2.0 port... but now windows is randomly and frequently telling me that a USB device has malfunctioned. I have tried disabling the port, and uninstalling the device in device manager, but of course windows keeps seeing it appear and trying to install it. This happens whether or not I have anything plugged into the port. So what I'm wondering is, is there any way of making windows stop polling this port, short of unplugging the front USB ports from the mobo header? Would it be alright to cut the wires from the back of this one port, and tape them off? Alternatively - is it worth it to order the replacement part from CM??? Thoughts???
post #2195 of 2347
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougb62 View Post

Question - I had a near catastrophe with a cup of coffee (yeah - I know). But I was pretty lucky, because I only managed to get a couple of drops in the front right USB 2.0 port... but now windows is randomly and frequently telling me that a USB device has malfunctioned. I have tried disabling the port, and uninstalling the device in device manager, but of course windows keeps seeing it appear and trying to install it. This happens whether or not I have anything plugged into the port. So what I'm wondering is, is there any way of making windows stop polling this port, short of unplugging the front USB ports from the mobo header? Would it be alright to cut the wires from the back of this one port, and tape them off? Alternatively - is it worth it to order the replacement part from CM??? Thoughts???

The USB 2.0 ports are soldered onto the controller PCB, but I doubt there's a problem that you can't fix by carefully cleaning the port and letting it dry. When did it happen?
My rig
(28 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core I5 7500 Gigabyte Z270-GAMING K3 Gigabyte GTX 750Ti Black (back from retirement) Gigabyt GT640 OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
8GB Crucial DDR4 250 GB Seagate 500 GB Seagate 250 GB Seagate 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Liteon iHAS324 Deepcool Gammaxx S40 No-name fan controller Windows 8.1 Pro 64-Bit 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 10 Tech Preview (x64) (expired) Samsung Syncmaster S20B300 Samsung Syncmaster S20B300 Samsung Syncmaster S20B300 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Asus Strix Tactic Pro Cooler Master V 650S CM Storm Stryker Genius Maurus 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Razer Goliathus Alpha Yamaha RX-V567 Receiver Sennheiser HD 380 Pro Headphones TEK SP-8008S surround bookshelf speakers 
AudioAudioAudioOther
TEK SP-8008F tower speakers (Bi-amped) TEK SP-8008C center speaker Logik HTIB sub (blown amp in the TEK) 360W Mecer UPS 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo P8600 LENOVO 2241B57 Mobile Intel GMA 4500MHD 2 GB 
Hard DriveOSOSMonitor
128 GB Corsair Force GS Windows 8.1 Pro (x86) Windows 10 Tech Preview (x64) (expired) 15.4" lcd 1680*1050 
AudioOther
Conexant Cx20561 Embedded 3G 
  hide details  
Reply
My rig
(28 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core I5 7500 Gigabyte Z270-GAMING K3 Gigabyte GTX 750Ti Black (back from retirement) Gigabyt GT640 OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
8GB Crucial DDR4 250 GB Seagate 500 GB Seagate 250 GB Seagate 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Liteon iHAS324 Deepcool Gammaxx S40 No-name fan controller Windows 8.1 Pro 64-Bit 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 10 Tech Preview (x64) (expired) Samsung Syncmaster S20B300 Samsung Syncmaster S20B300 Samsung Syncmaster S20B300 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Asus Strix Tactic Pro Cooler Master V 650S CM Storm Stryker Genius Maurus 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Razer Goliathus Alpha Yamaha RX-V567 Receiver Sennheiser HD 380 Pro Headphones TEK SP-8008S surround bookshelf speakers 
AudioAudioAudioOther
TEK SP-8008F tower speakers (Bi-amped) TEK SP-8008C center speaker Logik HTIB sub (blown amp in the TEK) 360W Mecer UPS 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo P8600 LENOVO 2241B57 Mobile Intel GMA 4500MHD 2 GB 
Hard DriveOSOSMonitor
128 GB Corsair Force GS Windows 8.1 Pro (x86) Windows 10 Tech Preview (x64) (expired) 15.4" lcd 1680*1050 
AudioOther
Conexant Cx20561 Embedded 3G 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2196 of 2347
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKuhn View Post

The USB 2.0 ports are soldered onto the controller PCB, but I doubt there's a problem that you can't fix by carefully cleaning the port and letting it dry. When did it happen?

About 4hrs ago.
post #2197 of 2347
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougb62 View Post

About 4hrs ago.

I just noticed it's the Enforcer club, I thought it's the Trooper/Stryker club. doh.gif I can't remember how the Enforcer's ports are connected, I'll go check and then post back. Anyway, that's not a lot of time so I'd disconnect those ports and let it dry for a while.

EDIT: I checked on my Enforcer (and broke one of the clips on the top panel), the USB 2.0 has seperate cables running to each port. So you can just remove the top panel, and unplug that port on the PCB. That way you can plug it back in later.
Edited by JKuhn - 7/19/14 at 3:49am
My rig
(28 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core I5 7500 Gigabyte Z270-GAMING K3 Gigabyte GTX 750Ti Black (back from retirement) Gigabyt GT640 OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
8GB Crucial DDR4 250 GB Seagate 500 GB Seagate 250 GB Seagate 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Liteon iHAS324 Deepcool Gammaxx S40 No-name fan controller Windows 8.1 Pro 64-Bit 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 10 Tech Preview (x64) (expired) Samsung Syncmaster S20B300 Samsung Syncmaster S20B300 Samsung Syncmaster S20B300 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Asus Strix Tactic Pro Cooler Master V 650S CM Storm Stryker Genius Maurus 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Razer Goliathus Alpha Yamaha RX-V567 Receiver Sennheiser HD 380 Pro Headphones TEK SP-8008S surround bookshelf speakers 
AudioAudioAudioOther
TEK SP-8008F tower speakers (Bi-amped) TEK SP-8008C center speaker Logik HTIB sub (blown amp in the TEK) 360W Mecer UPS 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo P8600 LENOVO 2241B57 Mobile Intel GMA 4500MHD 2 GB 
Hard DriveOSOSMonitor
128 GB Corsair Force GS Windows 8.1 Pro (x86) Windows 10 Tech Preview (x64) (expired) 15.4" lcd 1680*1050 
AudioOther
Conexant Cx20561 Embedded 3G 
  hide details  
Reply
My rig
(28 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core I5 7500 Gigabyte Z270-GAMING K3 Gigabyte GTX 750Ti Black (back from retirement) Gigabyt GT640 OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
8GB Crucial DDR4 250 GB Seagate 500 GB Seagate 250 GB Seagate 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Liteon iHAS324 Deepcool Gammaxx S40 No-name fan controller Windows 8.1 Pro 64-Bit 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 10 Tech Preview (x64) (expired) Samsung Syncmaster S20B300 Samsung Syncmaster S20B300 Samsung Syncmaster S20B300 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Asus Strix Tactic Pro Cooler Master V 650S CM Storm Stryker Genius Maurus 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Razer Goliathus Alpha Yamaha RX-V567 Receiver Sennheiser HD 380 Pro Headphones TEK SP-8008S surround bookshelf speakers 
AudioAudioAudioOther
TEK SP-8008F tower speakers (Bi-amped) TEK SP-8008C center speaker Logik HTIB sub (blown amp in the TEK) 360W Mecer UPS 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo P8600 LENOVO 2241B57 Mobile Intel GMA 4500MHD 2 GB 
Hard DriveOSOSMonitor
128 GB Corsair Force GS Windows 8.1 Pro (x86) Windows 10 Tech Preview (x64) (expired) 15.4" lcd 1680*1050 
AudioOther
Conexant Cx20561 Embedded 3G 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2198 of 2347
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKuhn View Post

I just noticed it's the Enforcer club, I thought it's the Trooper/Stryker club. doh.gif I can't remember how the Enforcer's ports are connected, I'll go check and then post back. Anyway, that's not a lot of time so I'd disconnect those ports and let it dry for a while.

EDIT: I checked on my Enforcer (and broke one of the clips on the top panel), the USB 2.0 has seperate cables running to each port. So you can just remove the top panel, and unplug that port on the PCB. That way you can plug it back in later.

Shoot! You broke the clip just now while you were checking??? Wow dude... you didn't have to do all that! I could have just taken it apart later... It's just that it's ~7AM here, and I've been up all night, so I was being a bit lazy... redface.gif

But thank you for checking, and I'll do that now... then ZzzZzz... thumb.gif
post #2199 of 2347
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougb62 View Post

Shoot! You broke the clip just now while you were checking??? Wow dude... you didn't have to do all that! I could have just taken it apart later... It's just that it's ~7AM here, and I've been up all night, so I was being a bit lazy... redface.gif

But thank you for checking, and I'll do that now... then ZzzZzz... thumb.gif

No problem. The case is just standing there waiting for me to do something with it, and I've had it for some time now. That clip isn't the end of the world, as long as the others don't break too.
My rig
(28 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core I5 7500 Gigabyte Z270-GAMING K3 Gigabyte GTX 750Ti Black (back from retirement) Gigabyt GT640 OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
8GB Crucial DDR4 250 GB Seagate 500 GB Seagate 250 GB Seagate 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Liteon iHAS324 Deepcool Gammaxx S40 No-name fan controller Windows 8.1 Pro 64-Bit 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 10 Tech Preview (x64) (expired) Samsung Syncmaster S20B300 Samsung Syncmaster S20B300 Samsung Syncmaster S20B300 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Asus Strix Tactic Pro Cooler Master V 650S CM Storm Stryker Genius Maurus 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Razer Goliathus Alpha Yamaha RX-V567 Receiver Sennheiser HD 380 Pro Headphones TEK SP-8008S surround bookshelf speakers 
AudioAudioAudioOther
TEK SP-8008F tower speakers (Bi-amped) TEK SP-8008C center speaker Logik HTIB sub (blown amp in the TEK) 360W Mecer UPS 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo P8600 LENOVO 2241B57 Mobile Intel GMA 4500MHD 2 GB 
Hard DriveOSOSMonitor
128 GB Corsair Force GS Windows 8.1 Pro (x86) Windows 10 Tech Preview (x64) (expired) 15.4" lcd 1680*1050 
AudioOther
Conexant Cx20561 Embedded 3G 
  hide details  
Reply
My rig
(28 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core I5 7500 Gigabyte Z270-GAMING K3 Gigabyte GTX 750Ti Black (back from retirement) Gigabyt GT640 OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
8GB Crucial DDR4 250 GB Seagate 500 GB Seagate 250 GB Seagate 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Liteon iHAS324 Deepcool Gammaxx S40 No-name fan controller Windows 8.1 Pro 64-Bit 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 10 Tech Preview (x64) (expired) Samsung Syncmaster S20B300 Samsung Syncmaster S20B300 Samsung Syncmaster S20B300 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Asus Strix Tactic Pro Cooler Master V 650S CM Storm Stryker Genius Maurus 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Razer Goliathus Alpha Yamaha RX-V567 Receiver Sennheiser HD 380 Pro Headphones TEK SP-8008S surround bookshelf speakers 
AudioAudioAudioOther
TEK SP-8008F tower speakers (Bi-amped) TEK SP-8008C center speaker Logik HTIB sub (blown amp in the TEK) 360W Mecer UPS 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo P8600 LENOVO 2241B57 Mobile Intel GMA 4500MHD 2 GB 
Hard DriveOSOSMonitor
128 GB Corsair Force GS Windows 8.1 Pro (x86) Windows 10 Tech Preview (x64) (expired) 15.4" lcd 1680*1050 
AudioOther
Conexant Cx20561 Embedded 3G 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2200 of 2347

for those looking for fan replacement

they are 10 dollars at directron shipping cost

Cooler Master MegaFlow 200mm Red LED Sleeve Bearing 12V DC Fan, 700RPM, 110CFM, 3 Pin, Model: R4-LUS-07AR-GP.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › The Cooler Master Storm Enforcer Club