Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Having minor issues in aion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Having minor issues in aion

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 
hey guys, my comp seems to struggle in aion when I'm in the main city where there is a lot of players or in battle with other players. I doubt it's my GPU struggling, I'm sure it's somewhere in the Processor or Ram. Can anyone give me some advice as to how I can improve the performance? I have the settings set relatively low so thats not the problem. I am planning a new build however I'm limited on funds atm and was hoping I could get away with a minor ram upgrade or processor upgrade for now.
post #2 of 8
Sure it isn't internet related? If you are already on lower settings I don't see how your hardware would be an issue?
Computer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @ Stock EVGA Z75 EVGA GTX 680 @ Stock 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
60GB Vertex 2, 2x256GB Vertex 4 RAID0, 2x1TB WD... Windows 8 Pro 64-bit 28" LED Seasonic X-850 
Case
Corsair 600T White 
  hide details  
Reply
Computer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @ Stock EVGA Z75 EVGA GTX 680 @ Stock 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
60GB Vertex 2, 2x256GB Vertex 4 RAID0, 2x1TB WD... Windows 8 Pro 64-bit 28" LED Seasonic X-850 
Case
Corsair 600T White 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 8
Actually, they just boosted the GFX engine a bit, and a 260 will struggle a bit on max/high details. Just turn off the "high detail" engine and go back to the "old" one. I like the look better there anyways.
Edited by T1nk3rb311 - 6/11/11 at 4:48pm
Almost there
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom X4 955 ASUS M4A79 Deluxe Sapphire 6870 1gig 4gigs Gskill PC2 8500 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
300g/300g/300g/1.5tb (none right now) Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Sceptre 21.5in 1920x1080 
PowerCase
Rosewill 1000 watt (80 plus) Xclio A380BK 
  hide details  
Reply
Almost there
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom X4 955 ASUS M4A79 Deluxe Sapphire 6870 1gig 4gigs Gskill PC2 8500 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
300g/300g/300g/1.5tb (none right now) Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Sceptre 21.5in 1920x1080 
PowerCase
Rosewill 1000 watt (80 plus) Xclio A380BK 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by T1nk3rb311;13838146 
Actually, they just boosted the GFX engine a bit, and a 260 will struggle a bit on max/high details. Just turn off the "high detail" engine and go back to the "old" one. I like the look better there anyways.

yeah it's on default, like I said all the settings are low.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeets;13838123 
Sure it isn't internet related? If you are already on lower settings I don't see how your hardware would be an issue?

no it's not the internet, I'm on high speed cable. This is the only online game that is giving my pc problems.
Edited by Darkslide - 6/11/11 at 5:52pm
post #5 of 8
Thread Starter 
Did some speed and ping tests on my net let me know what you guys think.

1337633862.png

41891546.png
post #6 of 8
Thread Starter 
and did another test running the game and in the area where I have the problem.

1337659043.png

41892365.png
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkslide;13837495 
hey guys, my comp seems to struggle in aion when I'm in the main city where there is a lot of players or in battle with other players. I doubt it's my GPU struggling, I'm sure it's somewhere in the Processor or Ram. Can anyone give me some advice as to how I can improve the performance? I have the settings set relatively low so thats not the problem. I am planning a new build however I'm limited on funds atm and was hoping I could get away with a minor ram upgrade or processor upgrade for now.

Just to let you know even I have problems the same in aion with my sig rig. Most people I know have these same problems aswell, stuttering in cities, textures not loading correctly, there is a long list. I have been trying to find for months a fix for this but no avail. Some claim that getting a SSD will help with the textures problem and reduce the stuttering, if that is the case however I'm not buying one just to play aion and I'm still convinced to this day that the fault is on there side.
post #8 of 8
Thread Starter 
I found something that helps out a good bit with the stuttering. Game still stutters but not as bad. I still need to test with a siege in game to see if it fixed it. It's called Leatrix Latency Fix, a friend recommended it to me and it is free.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Having minor issues in aion