Overclock.net banner

[Planet Battlefield] BF3 Q&A on Physical Warfare Pack

3K views 44 replies 28 participants last post by  PoopaScoopa 
#1 ·
Quote:

Silver_Rook: question.... these pre order bonuses? are they available to everyone once they rank up? or are some TRUE exclusive?

Demize99: The Physical Warfare Pack is fully exclusive. There's no other way to get those 4 items.

This kinda sucks. I don't think this is a very good idea on Dice's Part. In the interview it says how they are doing this for their loyal players who preorder this, but it seams that a lot of loyal players are very upset with this. Just thought I would share this with everyone and hopefully clear up some confusion.

Source : http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com....php?id=164936

#3 ·
Low level crap that becomes obsolete after your first unlock isn't a big deal. Companies often give fluff in-game bonuses as pre-order rewards, theres nothing wrong with it.

#5 ·
Truthfully guys I think they know how mad people are and will probably release this for free a few weeks or days later.

And to anyone cancelling their preorder because of this I think thats a little rediculous because it will still be a good game. Everyone seemed to think so as of 1 day ago.

Dont give up on dice, they didnt give up with us. They did make this for the pc first and that can't be said for many developers any more.

#9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick913;13850640
Truthfully guys I think they know how mad people are and will probably release this for free a few weeks or days later.

And to anyone cancelling their preorder because of this I think thats a little rediculous because it will still be a good game. Everyone seemed to think so as of 1 day ago.

Dont give up on dice, they didnt give up with us. They did make this for the pc first and that can't be said for many developers any more.
Just to clarify, this is EA not DICE.

EA tried a similar thing with Bad company 1, people threatened a boycott and EA submitted apparently.

Don't be surprised if EA announce a backflip on this in the coming days, the internet hive mind is starting to brew and the last thing EA needs is a sour taste in peoples mouths about BF3.

#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zackcy
View Post

The DAO-12 is not a "low level" weapon. It was pretty face rape in BF2.

Also, I'm preety sure this is a repost.

It's also an unlock for everybody else. There's nothing 'exclusive' about it.

And they did this same thing in BFBC2 if you recall.

#11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Celeras
View Post

Low level crap that becomes obsolete after your first unlock isn't a big deal. Companies often give fluff in-game bonuses as pre-order rewards, theres nothing wrong with it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zackcy
View Post

The DAO-12 is not a "low level" weapon. It was pretty face rape in BF2.

Also, I'm preety sure this is a repost.

That ^

The ammo you get for that shotgun looks pretty good as well as the suppressor (supposedly only 'flash' suppressor for it, not to sure if it just means flash or also noise for its exclusivity).

The shotgun and ammo on day one are enough that I would buy the pack right now if it was available in NA. If this still isn't out soon I may just have to order it from the UK

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celeras
View Post

It's also an unlock for everybody else. There's nothing 'exclusive' about it.

And they did this same thing in BFBC2 if you recall.

I REALLY hope they use pre-patch BF2 style ranking that actually took forever to rank up and therefore make choices on which gun you pick when ranking up actually matter. To bad they will probably just make it as easy as they did after people whined or even easier as BC2 which took less than a month to obtain everything.

#12 ·
Bad questions, and bad answers.

Seriously, 80% of the questions were asking about shotgun rounds.

Demize worded his answers so poorly, the same questions had to be asked 10 more times to clarify.

#13 ·
The DAQ-12 is day-one access. The other items are nothing special.

Absolutely amazing how fast you guys jump to conclusions.

EDIT: I slightly remember something like this from Bad Company 2. OH YEAH! The limited edition gave you something similar:

Quote:

The full list of six unlocks are as follows:

Four vehicle warfare unlocks
· Improved Vehicle Armor - An up-armor package is mounted on all vehicle types, decreasing the effect of both explosive and penetrating warheads, significantly improving vehicle survivability.
· Supreme Vehicle Firepower - Additional weapon packages are mounted for the driver of all armored vehicles, greatly expanding the range of targets the vehicle can successfully engage and destroy.
· Vehicle Motion Sensor - Use this electronics warfare package to locate enemy units in direct proximity to the vehicle.
· Tracer Dart Pistol - This magnetic dart attaches to any vehicle surface, allowing squad members to track, lock on, and fire rockets onto moving targets even beyond line of sight.

Two classic Battlefield 1943™ weapons
· M1A1 Submachine Gun - Reliable but heavy this classic weapon is a powerful force in the hands of any Battlefield veteran.
· M1911 Pistol - Highly customized M1911 are favored for its dependability and the power of its large .45 caliber round.

#14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by [nK]Sharp
View Post

That ^

I REALLY hope they use pre-patch BF2 style ranking that actually took forever to rank up and therefore make choices on which gun you pick when ranking up actually matter. To bad they will probably just make it as easy as they did after people whined or even easier as BC2 which took less than a month to obtain everything.

This. I played for weeks, even months, spending hundreds of hours trying to rank up - and when I did, it was very satisfying.

We need this ranking system back, rather than having all players promoted every few rounds -_-

#18 ·

So if I'm reading this correctly, only people who get this new "limited edition warfare pack" which includes the 4 classic maps (available after release as expansion), which is only available in the UK and pretty much pisses on anyone who's already bought the "non-warfare pack limited edition" get:

1) More accurately with 88 LMG
2) More Damage on DAO shotgun
3) Snipe with SKS rifle without any visual cue to indicate where they are

And there is no other way after release to get these... I can smell the rage already... I being one of them, I spent $60 on a "limited edition" in NA, definitely feels very limiting...

EDIT:
If my rage is misguided please enlighten me, as that is what the original post, picture above and the BF3 site would suggest.

Lol, just found a poll on the EA forums regarding the warfare pack.. this is win.

#22 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeBunnies
View Post

The first fear is possible, although we don't know what the deploy time is on a bipod-mounted weapon, nor do we know how much of a silhouette you will provide. For all we know the bipod system will be abandoned by higher-skill players since it doesn't work as well as it sounds.

The second was covered in the news article. In fact that's about ALL that was covered. The flechette rounds will do lower damage but feature penetration (something that standard buckshot rounds aren't getting), so you can shoot enemies behind/through light cover.

The third we're not entirely sure on. A flash suppressor doesn't cover directional noise, nor does it entirely block the flash of the weapon. It reduces it, but does not eliminate it completely. It might offer a slight advantage for the first month until we memorize all the tricky sniper locations.

#23 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by nick913
View Post

Orange Bunnies: The part about getting the maps only in the UK is not certain. Dice has explained that they will be explaining what you get in the US later. Probably the same stuff Just have to pre order from gamestop.

http://bf3blog.com/battlefield-3-back-to-karkand/

At the bottom it says that is expected to be offered in US through GameStop.

I think you are missing the point. EA is making content that is exclusive to a specific region that gives a quantifiable advantage in multilayer to those who get it. Not only that but it will never be available after release and on top of that what happens to all those who have already purchased the "limited edition" in the UK? When it does become available to NA or the rest of the world I hope they upgrade everyone "limited edition" to "limited edition warefare pack" or else their going to get alot of calls to cancel per-orders. And even if the "limited edition" = "limited edition warefare pack", what about those who want to or can only get the game after release, they will no longer be able to get the exclusive items that otherwise would give people an advantage in game, this will only serve to deter people from the game after release and encourage more pre-order. Perhaps they did a cost-benifit analysis and found they would make more selling exclusive pre-orders than selling pre-orders which include the karkland expansion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RayvinAzn
View Post

The first fear is possible, although we don't know what the deploy time is on a bipod-mounted weapon, nor do we know how much of a silhouette you will provide. For all we know the bipod system will be abandoned by higher-skill players since it doesn't work as well as it sounds.

The second was covered in the news article. In fact that's about ALL that was covered. The flechette rounds will do lower damage but feature penetration (something that standard buckshot rounds aren't getting), so you can shoot enemies behind/through light cover.

The third we're not entirely sure on. A flash suppressor doesn't cover directional noise, nor does it entirely block the flash of the weapon. It reduces it, but does not eliminate it completely. It might offer a slight advantage for the first month until we memorize all the tricky sniper locations.

The fact that EA is introducing exclusive content that could potentially make the game imbalanced is enough reason to question their motives.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thisizbrian
View Post

who cares if you dont get it on day 1. just enjoy the game

"The Physical Warfare Pack is fully exclusive. There's no other way to get those 4 items."

#25 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeBunnies
View Post

only available in the UK and pretty much pisses on anyone who's already bought the "non-warfare pack limited edition" get:

And there is no other way after release to get these... I can smell the rage already... I being one of them, I spent $60 on a "limited edition" in NA, definitely feels very limiting...

I'm with you man. They better not be exclusive. At least make it available to all pre-orders if they HAVE to make it exclusive.

I pre-ordered on day 1 from EA.com back in March. Why would they shaft us?

#26 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by PoopaScoopa
View Post

I'm with you man. They better not be exclusive. At least make it available to all pre-orders if they HAVE to make it exclusive.

Even if they did that, it's still unfair for many others who will be purchasing after release, but I just have a feeling that EA decision makers are only doing this "exclusive, never available again" crap to get more pre-orders now, then a few months after release when everyone's forgot about it they will make their "exclusive" crap available as a DLC or something to attract more purchases... capitalism, got to love it.

Why would they shaft us? EA is a profit driven company, it takes priority over all other concerns. Thankfully EA is not in the business of ensuring safety... like a certain car company back in the day that decided not to re-call dangerous cars because it would be cheaper to pay off the families for injuries and death... $200k/death if I recall correctly, an extreme comparison, but the motives are the same, just very different results.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.