Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Something wrong with my mouse?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Something wrong with my mouse?

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
While in game, my mouse will randomly stop working, and then after a few seconds I'll here that sound when you plug in a usb device and it'll be working again...

What's going on? I'm using a mionix naos 3200
post #2 of 14
try this.


1.Go to your Control Panel > System > Hardware tab > and click on the "Device Manager" button.

2.In the Device Manager window, find the item or items labeled "Universal Serial Bus controllers." Open it, and double-click the first item called "USB Root Hub."

3.In the USB Root Hub Properties dialog, click on the "Power Management" tab.

4."Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is checked by default. Uncheck this box, and click "OK."
post #3 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morizuno View Post
While in game, my mouse will randomly stop working, and then after a few seconds I'll here that sound when you plug in a usb device and it'll be working again...

What's going on? I'm using a mionix naos 3200
Is the mouse plugged directly into the motherboard? Plugging it into something else like a keyboard or a monitor can cause things like this to happen.
post #4 of 14
This can mean that the wire is severed at some point along the mouse's cord too. In my old G9 it happened right where the cord poked out of the mouse.
Edited by cuad - 6/13/11 at 12:56am
sinep
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 GA-X58A-UD3R MSI GTX 650Ti Corsair XMS3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Seagate 4TB + Crucial M4 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium Asus VG248QE </3 Sidewinder X4 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Wheel Mouse Optical Sideways Puretrak Talent Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 + Red Sony MDRZX300 
  hide details  
Reply
sinep
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 GA-X58A-UD3R MSI GTX 650Ti Corsair XMS3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Seagate 4TB + Crucial M4 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium Asus VG248QE </3 Sidewinder X4 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Wheel Mouse Optical Sideways Puretrak Talent Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 + Red Sony MDRZX300 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacophony View Post
try this.


1.Go to your Control Panel > System > Hardware tab > and click on the "Device Manager" button.

2.In the Device Manager window, find the item or items labeled "Universal Serial Bus controllers." Open it, and double-click the first item called "USB Root Hub."

3.In the USB Root Hub Properties dialog, click on the "Power Management" tab.

4."Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is checked by default. Uncheck this box, and click "OK."
will do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Is the mouse plugged directly into the motherboard? Plugging it into something else like a keyboard or a monitor can cause things like this to happen.
plugged directly into the mobo


Quote:
Originally Posted by cuad View Post
This can mean that the wire is severed at some point along the mouse's cord too. In my old G9 it happened right where the cord poked out of the mouse.
Any solution?
post #6 of 14
If the wire is severed you can try to

  • RMA it if that's still possible
  • try to open up the mouse yourself and replace the USB cable with another one. That probably involves soldering the cable to the mouse's circuit board though
  • throw it away and get a new mouse
I've thought about doing the soldering part to an old HABU but then again was -WAY- too lazy
the meth lab
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k sabertooth z77 EVGA GTX 780 SC Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
crucial c300 crucial m4 WD 40EFRX Alphacool UT-60 FC 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Gentle Typhoon AP15 Laing DDC 3.25 /w EK X-Top Aquaero 5 XT Aqualis XT reservoir /w RGB LED 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
AquaComputer Kryographics 780GTX GPU block DT Sniper CPU block windows 7 x64 ultimate Sony VPL HW50ES projector 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K800 Seasonic X-1250 InWin D-Frame orange/blue Roccat Pyra Wireless 
Mouse PadAudio
Puretrak Talent Asus Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
the meth lab
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k sabertooth z77 EVGA GTX 780 SC Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
crucial c300 crucial m4 WD 40EFRX Alphacool UT-60 FC 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Gentle Typhoon AP15 Laing DDC 3.25 /w EK X-Top Aquaero 5 XT Aqualis XT reservoir /w RGB LED 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
AquaComputer Kryographics 780GTX GPU block DT Sniper CPU block windows 7 x64 ultimate Sony VPL HW50ES projector 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K800 Seasonic X-1250 InWin D-Frame orange/blue Roccat Pyra Wireless 
Mouse PadAudio
Puretrak Talent Asus Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 14
Thread Starter 
ah okay. The sleeving on the cable is ripped off in the middle of the cable, I guess this is where the problem lies?
post #8 of 14
Thread Starter 
gah screw it, picking up an intellimouse 1.1 tomorrow
post #9 of 14
You can easily fix it. You just need some heatshrink or some electric tape (cheapo method). I've fixed countless mice like this
post #10 of 14
Thread Starter 
well I'd just rather spend 20$ on a new mouse that'll last much longer and so I dont have to worry about it breaking
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Something wrong with my mouse?