Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [RS] Boycott Against Battlefield 3 Is Underway
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[RS] Boycott Against Battlefield 3 Is Underway - Page 22  

post #211 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sozin View Post
I absolutely love reading this thread and seeing people say that this isn't a big deal to them, but if this was a Call of Duty game every single person on this forum would be foaming at the mouth towards Activision, but because it's DICE, it's all okay and good.

The hypocrisy on this forum is insane.
Actually I think a lot more people in this current thread are complaining about it, rather than defending it. This is nothing compared to what Activision though.
Tardis
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
|2500k @ 4.4Ghz vcore 1.40| MSI P67A-GD65 290X G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
C300 64GB SSD - 500GB HDD - 840 250GB SSD Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 3 HP LA2405wg 24'' 1920x1200 @5760x1200 Corsair 850watts 
CaseMouse
NZXT Phantom Black G500 
  hide details  
Tardis
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
|2500k @ 4.4Ghz vcore 1.40| MSI P67A-GD65 290X G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
C300 64GB SSD - 500GB HDD - 840 250GB SSD Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 3 HP LA2405wg 24'' 1920x1200 @5760x1200 Corsair 850watts 
CaseMouse
NZXT Phantom Black G500 
  hide details  
post #212 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by slytown View Post
Played Vietnam/BF2 or seen BF3. Cleared that up?

Whatever. :d

The reason people boycott these things is because they want to be at the top of the ranks without having to work for it. All early unlocks really do is give an incentive for noobs to play, which makes for more fun for us die hard players. How is this a bad thing? Seriously. If you played BF2 at all you know that having the L96 over the M24 did not help much at all. It was more whether you had a good squad, the jet, or the heli.
It is not an early unlock... its a preorder only meaning you'll never get it unless you preorder... big difference

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 7700k Z270M-DH3 UD 1151 MATX Zotac 1070 Amp! Edition CORSAIR 16GB 2X8 D4 3200 C16 VLPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 250GB 850 EVO Samsung 250GB 850 EVO Corsair 64GB M4 CORSAIR H110i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 ASUS VG248QE 24" 1920x1080 144Hz  Corsair K65 - Cherry Reds SEASONIC 80PLUS GOLD X-650 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
NZXT S340 Mid Tower Computer Case Logitech G502 SteelSeries QcK mass 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k Gigabyte Z68X-ED3H-B3 EVGA GTX 680 8GB (4 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 HyperX Genesis 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
256GB Samsung OEM SSD (SLOW POS) 64GB Samsung 830 64GB Crucial M4 Corsair H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Alienware OptX AW2310 Saitek Eclipse Seasonic X750 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair 650D Logitech G500 Creative Titanium HD 
  hide details  
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 7700k Z270M-DH3 UD 1151 MATX Zotac 1070 Amp! Edition CORSAIR 16GB 2X8 D4 3200 C16 VLPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 250GB 850 EVO Samsung 250GB 850 EVO Corsair 64GB M4 CORSAIR H110i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 ASUS VG248QE 24" 1920x1080 144Hz  Corsair K65 - Cherry Reds SEASONIC 80PLUS GOLD X-650 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
NZXT S340 Mid Tower Computer Case Logitech G502 SteelSeries QcK mass 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k Gigabyte Z68X-ED3H-B3 EVGA GTX 680 8GB (4 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 HyperX Genesis 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
256GB Samsung OEM SSD (SLOW POS) 64GB Samsung 830 64GB Crucial M4 Corsair H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Alienware OptX AW2310 Saitek Eclipse Seasonic X750 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair 650D Logitech G500 Creative Titanium HD 
  hide details  
post #213 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriceEddie View Post
Duh? YES, that's the point of pre-ordering. You are investing and that's what you get for it. Welcome to the world of business!

I understand your argument, but your argument is circular and futile.

You could draw similarities from the following:

You: 'I want an Aston Martin'
Salesman: 'Ok then, if you pre-order then you get a free jacket?'
You: 'Well can I not pre-order and get the jacket after I have driven 15,000 miles?'
Salesman: 'No.'
You: 'WHAT!? That's not fair, I'm going to get people to sign a petition and boycott buying Aston Martins.
Salesman: Deal with it, now get out of my showroom you pathetic tit.'
Not to be offensive here, but please read the article and all that stuff before trying to argue something. It's not the fact that they get bonuses that you won't be able to get in any way (unlockables, buying, etc). And it's not just the fact that they're bonuses either, it's the fact that they're weapons. Now I understand that they're not going to unbalance the game with a few small things, but at the same time, they're not just copying another gun and all its stats and then reskinning it. That's what you normally get in a multiplayer game if you pre-order: new skins. Something that in absolutely no way can affect gameplay. Now if I don't pre-order it, I wouldn't care if I didn't get the special gold guns or super cool avatar or different skins, but if I will never be able to use an in-game weapon because I wanted reviews to come out before I played, I'd be pretty pissed.

Second off here, your comparison makes no sense in this situation. Once again I feel like this is a misunderstanding that stems from not reading the article, but the correct example would be if the salesman offered something that could potentially change the performance of the car (ie not a jacket) and then was told that he couldn't buy the part unless he pre-ordered a car (note that this isn't just he can't get it for free if he doesn't pre-order it, it's that there is absolutely no way he can acquire the part, even with money).

I'm pretty sure people would be happy if they made it a paid DLC ($5) even a month after the game came out, just like the maps. They did it with SPECACT and people bought those... and they're not even new weapons, just reskinned weapons and four more loadouts, nothing that could potentially (keyword right there) screw up gameplay.


Quote:
Originally Posted by PappaSmurfsHarem View Post
It is not an early unlock... its a preorder only meaning you'll never get it unless you preorder... big difference
Thank you for noticing this.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFTW View Post
No one seems to care that the M1 Garand is STILL a exclusive on BFBC2 Its not a crap gun too its how you use it that counts.

Y u no whine about that?
You got that for having a veteran score, not for pre-ordering the game. Try again.
Edited by Epona - 6/13/11 at 2:32pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 950 @ 4.0 Asus Sabertooth X58 MSI GTX580 Twin Frozer II 3x2gb G.Skill DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD Caviar Black 1TB Windows 7 Home Pro x64 Optiquest Q2162wb Leopold Tenkeyless Otaku Cherry MX Brown 
PowerCaseMouse
HX850 Antec 902 Razer Lachesis 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 950 @ 4.0 Asus Sabertooth X58 MSI GTX580 Twin Frozer II 3x2gb G.Skill DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD Caviar Black 1TB Windows 7 Home Pro x64 Optiquest Q2162wb Leopold Tenkeyless Otaku Cherry MX Brown 
PowerCaseMouse
HX850 Antec 902 Razer Lachesis 
  hide details  
post #214 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sozin View Post
I absolutely love reading this thread and seeing people say that this isn't a big deal to them, but if this was a Call of Duty game every single person on this forum would be foaming at the mouth towards Activision, but because it's DICE, it's all okay and good.

The hypocrisy on this forum is insane.
It wouldn't be a big deal equally as much as with BF3 for me. I don't play CoD at all anymore, but I'm not a rabid hater of it.
Bueller
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K 4.7Ghz @ 1.36v Asus Sabertooth Z77 Gigabyte Windforce 780 Ti 3GB 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 9-10-9-27 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
256GB Samsung 840 Pro + RAID1 2TB 7200 Hitachis LG 6X Blu-ray Burner Corsair H100i Windows 7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG236HE XArmor U9BL-S Enermax Galaxy Evo 1250W Corsair 600T 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G500 SteelSeries 5L O2DAC -> Corsair SP2500 (or O2 amp and Beyerdyn... 
  hide details  
Bueller
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K 4.7Ghz @ 1.36v Asus Sabertooth Z77 Gigabyte Windforce 780 Ti 3GB 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 9-10-9-27 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
256GB Samsung 840 Pro + RAID1 2TB 7200 Hitachis LG 6X Blu-ray Burner Corsair H100i Windows 7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG236HE XArmor U9BL-S Enermax Galaxy Evo 1250W Corsair 600T 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G500 SteelSeries 5L O2DAC -> Corsair SP2500 (or O2 amp and Beyerdyn... 
  hide details  
post #215 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sozin View Post
I absolutely love reading this thread and seeing people say that this isn't a big deal to them, but if this was a Call of Duty game every single person on this forum would be foaming at the mouth towards Activision, but because it's DICE, it's all okay and good.

The hypocrisy on this forum is insane.
Ur comparing DICE to Activision and the players!? How do you know that the demographic complaining here are not COD fanboys themselves?
Spaghetti II
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i7 870 @ 3.88, 1.38v] [Asus P7P55 LX (1201)] [2x XFX 6870 (900/4200)] [Crucial Ballistix 4GB] 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
[WD Black 1TB + LacieUSB 320] Megahalem + 2x FM121s [W7 Home Premium 64] [Samsung BX2440] 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
[Ducky 9008G2, Brown] [Silverstone DA750] [Lian-Li PC 7B Plus II] [Razer Deathadder 3.5G] 
Mouse PadAudio
[Steelseries SX Aluminum] [AudioGD Compass/AKG Q701] 
  hide details  
Spaghetti II
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i7 870 @ 3.88, 1.38v] [Asus P7P55 LX (1201)] [2x XFX 6870 (900/4200)] [Crucial Ballistix 4GB] 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
[WD Black 1TB + LacieUSB 320] Megahalem + 2x FM121s [W7 Home Premium 64] [Samsung BX2440] 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
[Ducky 9008G2, Brown] [Silverstone DA750] [Lian-Li PC 7B Plus II] [Razer Deathadder 3.5G] 
Mouse PadAudio
[Steelseries SX Aluminum] [AudioGD Compass/AKG Q701] 
  hide details  
post #216 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epona View Post
Not to be offensive here, but please read the article and all that stuff before trying to argue something. It's not the fact that they get bonuses that you won't be able to get in any way (unlockables, buying, etc). And it's not just the fact that they're bonuses either, it's the fact that they're weapons. Now I understand that they're not going to unbalance the game with a few small things, but at the same time, they're not just copying another gun and all its stats and then reskinning it. That's what you normally get in a multiplayer game if you pre-order: new skins. Something that in absolutely no way can affect gameplay. Now if I don't pre-order it, I wouldn't care if I didn't get the special gold guns or super cool avatar or different skins, but if I will never be able to use an in-game weapon because I wanted reviews to come out before I played, I'd be pretty pissed.

Second off here, your comparison makes no sense in this situation. Once again I feel like this is a misunderstanding that stems from not reading the article, but the correct example would be if the salesman offered something that could potentially change the performance of the car (ie not a jacket) and then was told that he couldn't buy the part unless he pre-ordered a car (note that this isn't just he can't get it for free if he doesn't pre-order it, it's that there is absolutely no way he can acquire the part, even with money).

I'm pretty sure people would be happy if they made it a paid DLC ($5) even a month after the game came out, just like the maps. They did it with SPECACT and people bought those... and they're not even new weapons, just reskinned weapons and four more loadouts, nothing that could potentially (keyword right there) screw up gameplay.




Thank you for noticing this.
That seems to cover everything o,o
Tardis
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
|2500k @ 4.4Ghz vcore 1.40| MSI P67A-GD65 290X G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
C300 64GB SSD - 500GB HDD - 840 250GB SSD Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 3 HP LA2405wg 24'' 1920x1200 @5760x1200 Corsair 850watts 
CaseMouse
NZXT Phantom Black G500 
  hide details  
Tardis
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
|2500k @ 4.4Ghz vcore 1.40| MSI P67A-GD65 290X G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
C300 64GB SSD - 500GB HDD - 840 250GB SSD Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 3 HP LA2405wg 24'' 1920x1200 @5760x1200 Corsair 850watts 
CaseMouse
NZXT Phantom Black G500 
  hide details  
post #217 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhati View Post
Its part of the bonus for putting a preorder in. A thank you from Dice. Which i am happy to receive, usually a preorder nets you nothing.

If you aren't willing to support dice, then you don't deserve the preorder content. I think that's fair.
I disagree. See, pre-orders used to be to ensure you got your copy on release day at the brick and mortar store. The only way you won't get your copy nowadays is if they run out of game keys. (Not likely to happen any time close to release day.)

The people that decide to wait and buy the game after it comes out are still supporting DICE. They bought the game. If they like it enough they will pay for the DLC too, thereby supporting DICE more than the people that pre-ordered buy spending more money, but end up getting less content.

It's an unfair marketing gimmick.
Edited by Drobomb - 6/13/11 at 2:40pm
Still pushing
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 E0 @ 4.32GHz 1.36v EVGA 750i FTW GTX470 765/1530/1848 (unlocked 465) OCZ Blade 9200LV @ 1080MHz 5-5-5-18-33 
OSMonitorPowerCase
XP 32bit /Win 7 64bit /Arch Linux Samsung PX2370 PCP&Cooling 610w Silencer piece of cardboard 
  hide details  
Still pushing
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 E0 @ 4.32GHz 1.36v EVGA 750i FTW GTX470 765/1530/1848 (unlocked 465) OCZ Blade 9200LV @ 1080MHz 5-5-5-18-33 
OSMonitorPowerCase
XP 32bit /Win 7 64bit /Arch Linux Samsung PX2370 PCP&Cooling 610w Silencer piece of cardboard 
  hide details  
post #218 of 324
"the weapons and ammo will not, and campaigners are claiming this will give an unfair advantage to those who have pre-ordered."

SERIOUSLY???!!!
Moar cores!
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8320 @ 4.0Ghz/4.2Ghz turbo gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 rev. 4.0 Gigabyte Nvida GTX 770OC 2GB/ Gigabyte 970 G1 G... Gskill Sniper 1866Mhz 8GB (4GB x 2) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Neutron GTX 120GB WD Black 1TB Asus 24X CM Hyper 212Evo 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home X64 HP 22BW 21.5" LED-IPS CM Storm Trigger/MX Brown Corsair TX 650V2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM HAF922 Logitech G500S Steelseries QCK Mini Asus Xonar DX 7.1 
  hide details  
Moar cores!
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8320 @ 4.0Ghz/4.2Ghz turbo gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 rev. 4.0 Gigabyte Nvida GTX 770OC 2GB/ Gigabyte 970 G1 G... Gskill Sniper 1866Mhz 8GB (4GB x 2) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Neutron GTX 120GB WD Black 1TB Asus 24X CM Hyper 212Evo 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home X64 HP 22BW 21.5" LED-IPS CM Storm Trigger/MX Brown Corsair TX 650V2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM HAF922 Logitech G500S Steelseries QCK Mini Asus Xonar DX 7.1 
  hide details  
post #219 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drobomb View Post
I disagree. See, pre-orders used to be to ensure you got your copy on release day at the brick and mortar store. The only way you won't get your copy nowadays is if they run out of game keys. (Not likely to happen, it has before though)

The people that decide to wait and buy the game after it comes out are still supporting DICE. They bought the game. If they like it enough they will pay for the DLC too, thereby supporting DICE more than the people that pre-ordered buy spending more money, but end up getting less content.

It's an unfair marketing gimmick.
Unfair - everyone gets fair warning and the price is the same before and soon after launch. Everyone gets the same opportunity, so it's completely fair.

Marketing gimmick - the people who pre-order, especially this far in advance, give the publisher an idea of how much traction the game is getting with gamers. Getting more people to pay full (launch) price for their game instead of buying it 6 months later for half price or less isn't a marketing gimmick, it's just marketing. If someone isn't going to buy it before launch with this much warning, what indication is there that the same people will pay full price soon after? None. It isn't a gimmick if the compensation for early adoption makes a measurable difference, which it obviously will judging by the uproar.
Edited by Kaldari - 6/13/11 at 2:39pm
Bueller
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K 4.7Ghz @ 1.36v Asus Sabertooth Z77 Gigabyte Windforce 780 Ti 3GB 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 9-10-9-27 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
256GB Samsung 840 Pro + RAID1 2TB 7200 Hitachis LG 6X Blu-ray Burner Corsair H100i Windows 7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG236HE XArmor U9BL-S Enermax Galaxy Evo 1250W Corsair 600T 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G500 SteelSeries 5L O2DAC -> Corsair SP2500 (or O2 amp and Beyerdyn... 
  hide details  
Bueller
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K 4.7Ghz @ 1.36v Asus Sabertooth Z77 Gigabyte Windforce 780 Ti 3GB 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 9-10-9-27 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
256GB Samsung 840 Pro + RAID1 2TB 7200 Hitachis LG 6X Blu-ray Burner Corsair H100i Windows 7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG236HE XArmor U9BL-S Enermax Galaxy Evo 1250W Corsair 600T 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G500 SteelSeries 5L O2DAC -> Corsair SP2500 (or O2 amp and Beyerdyn... 
  hide details  
post #220 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFTW View Post
No one seems to care that the M1 Garand is STILL a exclusive on BFBC2 Its not a crap gun too its how you use it that counts.

Y u no whine about that?
Yeah, that was also unethical and stupid.

However, I got it by asking EA support for it nicely since I do own BF2 but on a different account.
Bulldozing
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1075T @ 3.8 GHz Biostar TA890FXE AMD Radeon HD 7970 @ 1125/1575 MHz Corsair TR3X6G1333C9 4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 830 256GB SSD Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB Asus DVD Burner 24x Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Asus 1920x1200 25.5" 2ms Logitech G11 Thermaltake Toughpower XT 775w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Antec 1200 Logitech G500 Razer Goliathus Speed Corsair Vengeance 1500 
  hide details  
Bulldozing
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1075T @ 3.8 GHz Biostar TA890FXE AMD Radeon HD 7970 @ 1125/1575 MHz Corsair TR3X6G1333C9 4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 830 256GB SSD Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB Asus DVD Burner 24x Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Asus 1920x1200 25.5" 2ms Logitech G11 Thermaltake Toughpower XT 775w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Antec 1200 Logitech G500 Razer Goliathus Speed Corsair Vengeance 1500 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [RS] Boycott Against Battlefield 3 Is Underway