Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [RS] Boycott Against Battlefield 3 Is Underway
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[RS] Boycott Against Battlefield 3 Is Underway - Page 25  

post #241 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCz View Post
Judge the game without the DLC and make your purchase decision based on that, or factor in the cost of the DLC into the original purchase decision. Easy.
read the FAQ it said that the weapons and ammo won't be available for purchase after the release, only the strike at karkand...
post #242 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzleBoy View Post
Tell me.............did you actually read my post properly or just skim through, find the parts you wanted and just reply to the parts you felt like addressing or???

The main point of my post had nothing to do with how easy it is to unlock it via dummy accounts or whatever.

The WHOLE point of my post was to show you that the weapons were different, but that the weapon that had to be unlocked with those dummy accounts (the M1) gives NO ADVANTAGE OVER THE WEAPON IT WAS COPIED FROM (THE M14) AND HAS WORSE STATS IN PLACES.

Therefore, it is ENTIRELY POSSIBLE for DICE to add a weapon like the T88 as an exclusive unlock and have it provide absolutely no discernible advantage other than the benefit of choice of aesthetic.
The problem isn't the T88 really because of what you're describing. It's the flash suppressor and the Flechette ammo that's really the problem. These are one of a kind according to their descriptions in the PWP and are unavailable anywhere in anyway sans pre-ordering from a few specific retailers.
Neutrino
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6700K Asus Z170I PRO GAMING Gigabyte GTX 1070 Mini ITX Corsair 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Crucial MX300 750GB Scythe Big Shuriken 2 rev. B Cryorig XT140 fan Windows 10 Pro 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Topre Realforce 87u 55g Corsair SF450 Lazer3D LZ7 Logitech G303 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries 4HD Audio Technica ATH-M50 
  hide details  
Neutrino
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6700K Asus Z170I PRO GAMING Gigabyte GTX 1070 Mini ITX Corsair 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Crucial MX300 750GB Scythe Big Shuriken 2 rev. B Cryorig XT140 fan Windows 10 Pro 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Topre Realforce 87u 55g Corsair SF450 Lazer3D LZ7 Logitech G303 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries 4HD Audio Technica ATH-M50 
  hide details  
post #243 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
Who gives a rats arse if it gives no advantage. People who preorder are no more valuable than people who don't. EA don't get anything extra from people who preorder (in fact they pay less) so why give them the advantage?
So let me get this straight.

The argument goes from:

-They give an advantage!!!

-Someone asks how you know this....what stats are you using to confirm this?

-Who cares if they have an advantage!!!! I WANT THEM!!!


That is sad.


If you want them, you have the option to obtain them.

If you choose not to obtain them, they obviously weren't worth as much to you as you make out.
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
post #244 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzleBoy View Post
So let me get this straight.

The argument goes from:

-They give an advantage!!!

-Someone asks how you know this....what stats are you using to confirm this?

-Who cares if they have an advantage!!!! I WANT THEM!!!


That is sad.


If you want them, you have the option to obtain them.

If you choose not to obtain them, they obviously weren't worth as much to you as you make out.
What stats can you give me that say they give no advantage or don't change how people play? Please, share them with us. Otherwise, I take video game developers' "words" with a grain of salt.

And about your other post, I just skipped over parts that would require me to restate myself.

I as well, support this boycott but most likely won't be participating. I just want you guys to understand that point of the boycott and not just trashtalk it without understanding their point. However, you don't seem to want to understand it more, so I'll leave it be.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 950 @ 4.0 Asus Sabertooth X58 MSI GTX580 Twin Frozer II 3x2gb G.Skill DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD Caviar Black 1TB Windows 7 Home Pro x64 Optiquest Q2162wb Leopold Tenkeyless Otaku Cherry MX Brown 
PowerCaseMouse
HX850 Antec 902 Razer Lachesis 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 950 @ 4.0 Asus Sabertooth X58 MSI GTX580 Twin Frozer II 3x2gb G.Skill DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD Caviar Black 1TB Windows 7 Home Pro x64 Optiquest Q2162wb Leopold Tenkeyless Otaku Cherry MX Brown 
PowerCaseMouse
HX850 Antec 902 Razer Lachesis 
  hide details  
post #245 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vowels View Post
The problem isn't the T88 really because of what you're describing. It's the flash suppressor and the Flechette ammo that's really the problem. These are one of a kind according to their descriptions in the PWP and are unavailable anywhere in anyway sans pre-ordering from a few specific retailers.
TBH, this thread alone has shown that people are just making noise about what they want to make noise about.

The post you replied to was me replying to a guy who was saying "its because its extra weapons why its a problem".

I debunked his statement.

Another guy comes in with "I dont care about advantages or not, I just want them but I dont want to pre-order from X retailer".

Now you are saying its not actually a problem because of the extra weapon, its the ammo and suppressor thats the problem.


Everyone just seems to want to moan in their own way about something they cant say they're actually 100% sure about.

Boycotting "just in case" is a madnes I dont think I've ever seen before.
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
post #246 of 324
people with the kits are going to feel superior to those without thats a fact. the only thing they did that everyone else didn't was pre-order. EA is simply just trying to get a read on the amount of people who will be buying by counting the preorder numbers, however the exclusive offers only being with origin is a load of BS. loyalty doesn't mean squat anymore..
post #247 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by dteg View Post
people with the kits are going to feel superior to those without thats a fact. the only thing they did that everyone else didn't was pre-order. EA is simply just trying to get a read on the amount of people who will be buying by counting the preorder numbers, however the exclusive offers only being with origin is a load of BS. loyalty doesn't mean squat anymore..
The same could be said for those with the SPECACT on BFBC2. I know that others can buy it, but what if you can't afford to buy it. You are in the same position. Here they are offering you extra content basically for free, and people are complaining that they DON'T have to pay for it. How backwards are these people!?

Eddie.
Geoff
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k @ 4.8Ghz Asus P8P67 Rev 3 NVIDIA GTX 480 @ 850/1700 8Gb Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
400gb Samsung Thermaltake Frio Windows 7 Ultimate LG 22" Flatron L227WT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse III Corsair HX620W Fractal Design Arc Midi Logitech G500 
Mouse PadAudio
Rug Creative Xtreme Gamer with Sennheiser PC151s & ... 
  hide details  
Geoff
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k @ 4.8Ghz Asus P8P67 Rev 3 NVIDIA GTX 480 @ 850/1700 8Gb Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
400gb Samsung Thermaltake Frio Windows 7 Ultimate LG 22" Flatron L227WT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse III Corsair HX620W Fractal Design Arc Midi Logitech G500 
Mouse PadAudio
Rug Creative Xtreme Gamer with Sennheiser PC151s & ... 
  hide details  
post #248 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzleBoy;13859298 
So let me get this straight.

The argument goes from:

-They give an advantage!!!

-Someone asks how you know this....what stats are you using to confirm this?

-Who cares if they have an advantage!!!! I WANT THEM!!!


That is sad.


If you want them, you have the option to obtain them.

If you choose not to obtain them, they obviously weren't worth as much to you as you make out.

Where did anyone claim that the content definitively would give an advantage? Put that straw man away please.

Simple fact is, they're different. In any game with a competitive/hardcore community, any little imbalance is hotly contested. Imagine if starcraft offered a slightly reworked unit for preorders. The community would be in an OUTRAGE. Why do pre-orders have any more right to this content? They don't, it is simply a way increase preorder sales, nothing more or less. As this is deemed the "savior" of PC gaming, it's somehow acceptable. If Activision did this with COD, everyone on here would condemn the action.
Edited by Iceman23 - 6/13/11 at 3:30pm
post #249 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzleBoy View Post
TBH, this thread alone has shown that people are just making noise about what they want to make noise about.

The post you replied to was me replying to a guy who was saying "its because its extra weapons why its a problem".

I debunked his statement.

Another guy comes in with "I dont care about advantages or not, I just want them but I dont want to pre-order from X retailer".

Now you are saying its not actually a problem because of the extra weapon, its the ammo and suppressor thats the problem.


Everyone just seems to want to moan in their own way about something they cant say they're actually 100% sure about.

Boycotting "just in case" is a madnes I dont think I've ever seen before.
No mate, you can't get these weapons unless you preorder. They will not unlock in game. That's the problem. That's why people are annoyed.

Preorder people pay less for their game and yet get little extras?

Yeah, it's easy for you to say, perhaps sat on a mountain of cash, that people have the "option" to get them. Yet you fail to understand that not everyone likes to preorder from retailers, or at all. Mainly, because retailers in the UK generally don't take your money up front. IF you do it online (where I suspect most people will be preordering) Game (the store involved) take the money randomly. It'd be fine if they took it at the point of "sale" but they don't, so it makes it very hard to judge when the money is going to come out of the bank.

But, eh, point being, you're being rather ignorant because you assume people should do things as you do, or you can trash them for that. Well you're wrong.

The anger at this is wholly justified. If you're preordering, and you're intent with getting the weapons and maps, go away and stop trashing and insulting people in this thread or any others on the forum.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500 @ 4,004GHz (1.202v) Asus P8P67-PRO B3 Leadtek GTX260 65nm 896MB 700|1430|1100 4GB DDR3 Muskin 1686MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2xWD CB 250GB, 2x SG 320GB, 1xSS F1 1TB Pioneer DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64bit Samsung 2032BW 20" 1680x1050 16:10 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa CoolerMaster GX 550W Coolermaster Storm Sniper Razer DeathAdder 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500 @ 4,004GHz (1.202v) Asus P8P67-PRO B3 Leadtek GTX260 65nm 896MB 700|1430|1100 4GB DDR3 Muskin 1686MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2xWD CB 250GB, 2x SG 320GB, 1xSS F1 1TB Pioneer DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64bit Samsung 2032BW 20" 1680x1050 16:10 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa CoolerMaster GX 550W Coolermaster Storm Sniper Razer DeathAdder 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
post #250 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriceEddie View Post
The same could be said for those with the SPECACT on BFBC2. I know that others can buy it, but what if you can't afford to buy it. You are in the same position. Here they are offering you extra content basically for free, and people are complaining that they DON'T have to pay for it. How backwards are these people!?

Eddie.
can't be the same. everyone had the opportunity to buy the spec act kit after release, however this isn't the case because others can't buy it.. the ammo etc. is only for preorders; it won't be available for purchase after the release date. the strike at karkand package will be but it won't include those perks..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [RS] Boycott Against Battlefield 3 Is Underway