Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [RS] Boycott Against Battlefield 3 Is Underway
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[RS] Boycott Against Battlefield 3 Is Underway - Page 27  

post #261 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian;13859417 
No mate, you can't get these weapons unless you preorder. They will not unlock in game. That's the problem. That's why people are annoyed.

Preorder people pay less for their game and yet get little extras?

Yeah, it's easy for you to say, perhaps sat on a mountain of cash, that people have the "option" to get them. Yet you fail to understand that not everyone likes to preorder from retailers, or at all. Mainly, because retailers in the UK generally don't take your money up front. IF you do it online (where I suspect most people will be preordering) Game (the store involved) take the money randomly. It'd be fine if they took it at the point of "sale" but they don't, so it makes it very hard to judge when the money is going to come out of the bank.

But, eh, point being, you're being rather ignorant because you assume people should do things as you do, or you can trash them for that. Well you're wrong.

The anger at this is wholly justified. If you're preordering, and you're intent with getting the weapons and maps, go away and stop trashing and insulting people in this thread or any others on the forum.

Your reply at no point addresses anything to do with the post you replied to and at best, puts words in my mouth in regards to subjects that I have never given an opinion on.

To address the actual topic:

You only have to READ the thread to see how different people are boycotting for totally different reasons. You are a prime example.

One guy says: UNFAIR ADVANTAGE!

I say: How do you know that?

You say: WHO CARES ABOUT ADVANTAGES! I JUST WANT IT AND DONT WANT TO PRE-oRDER FROM X COMPANY!

Another says: ITS BECAUSE THERES EXTRA WEAPONS!

I say: Extra, locked weapons were added to BC2 without unfair advantage or unbalance.

Another says: ITS NOT REALLY THE WEAPONS, ITS BECAUSE OF THE SUPPRESSOR AND THE FLETCHETTE AMMO!



So, like I said, people are just making noise about what they want to make noise about.


This boycott is hardly uniform or unified by any means in terms of its reasoning and is evidenced by posters here giving their reasons. Yourself included.
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
post #262 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin SSJ Eric View Post
This only affects MP right? If so, doesn't matter to me....
lol so if you are buying bf3, why are you buying it...
post #263 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by NKrader View Post
i will still pay extra as this is one of the games that is worth it... plus ea doesnt care what we think/boycott they have enough money to do what they want. as seen with all super drm....

whats the point of being a rebel without a cause..


http://www.neoseeker.com/news/7874-e...mpany-weapons/

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzleBoy View Post
This boycott is hardly uniform or unified by any means in terms of its reasoning and is evidenced by posters here giving their reasons. Yourself included.
Since when did you have to have share the same reason to boycott something? There are MULTIPLE reasons one might take offense to this, as you yourself showed.
Edited by Iceman23 - 6/13/11 at 3:41pm
post #264 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by dteg View Post
can't be the same. everyone had the opportunity to buy the spec act kit after release, however this isn't the case because others can't buy it.. the ammo etc. is only for preorders; it won't be available for purchase after the release date. the strike at karkand package will be but it won't include those perks..
Read my last post again, properly.

Eddie.
Geoff
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k @ 4.8Ghz Asus P8P67 Rev 3 NVIDIA GTX 480 @ 850/1700 8Gb Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
400gb Samsung Thermaltake Frio Windows 7 Ultimate LG 22" Flatron L227WT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse III Corsair HX620W Fractal Design Arc Midi Logitech G500 
Mouse PadAudio
Rug Creative Xtreme Gamer with Sennheiser PC151s & ... 
  hide details  
Geoff
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k @ 4.8Ghz Asus P8P67 Rev 3 NVIDIA GTX 480 @ 850/1700 8Gb Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
400gb Samsung Thermaltake Frio Windows 7 Ultimate LG 22" Flatron L227WT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse III Corsair HX620W Fractal Design Arc Midi Logitech G500 
Mouse PadAudio
Rug Creative Xtreme Gamer with Sennheiser PC151s & ... 
  hide details  
post #265 of 324
EA has to listen to the people, if they don't then they get no business. what kind of company doesn't want business
post #266 of 324
I don't understand all the rage....honestly. If you want the extra content at no additional cost, then pre-order it.

Of course its a marketing thing. They're giving people incentives to buy the game before it's released. That's a guaranteed sale for them. Rather than releasing it and waiting to see how well it did, they can project how well the game will do before they even launch it.

If you don't want to pre-order it, then don't. Wait until the release, see how you like it, and if you like it that much you can buy the DLC later on.

It's a simply choice really: Buy the game early and get all the extra cool stuff for free? Or buy the game later and then buy/unlock all the other stuff later? Hmmmm.....
post #267 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman23 View Post
All he had to say was that you were making the same type of assumption in that they wouldn't provide an advantage and then went around asking for proof and stats etc etc. I would take an early exit too if you haven't realized that by now.
The problem with that argument is that:

-I am not the one boycotting.

I am not the one taking action based upon uncertaincies.

I never said he was wrong, I simply asked where he got his evidence from to show that they 100% would provide an advantage and hence create the need for this boycott.

To make matters worse, DICE themselves, the ONLY PEOPLE WHO TRULY KNOW THE TRUTH have said on record that the add-ons/weapons do not give an unfair advantage or unbalance the game.

That is the best source of info in terms of whether the unlocks will unbalance the game, yet people who DONT KNOW if the unlocks will unbalance the game are still shouting "THE UNLOCKS WILL UNBALANCE THE GAME!!!" and people are following them.

*sigh*
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
post #268 of 324
When I said it wasn't about the Type 88, that was a personal thing because there were similar weapon exclusives in BC2 that didn't imbalance gameplay. The weapon could totally be a reskin or it could not. Again, a personal thing, but the weapon might be more important to others.

The add-ons are a different story because the PWP describes them as unique and won't just be simple re-skins or re-tools of existing readily available items. The suppressor is the only muzzle flash suppressor in the game according the PWP description. These unique add-ons CAN potentially create gameplay imbalances and for me is justification to support the boycott.
Neutrino
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6700K Asus Z170I PRO GAMING Gigabyte GTX 1070 Mini ITX Corsair 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Crucial MX300 750GB Scythe Big Shuriken 2 rev. B Cryorig XT140 fan Windows 10 Pro 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Topre Realforce 87u 55g Corsair SF450 Lazer3D LZ7 Logitech G303 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries 4HD Audio Technica ATH-M50 
  hide details  
Neutrino
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6700K Asus Z170I PRO GAMING Gigabyte GTX 1070 Mini ITX Corsair 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Crucial MX300 750GB Scythe Big Shuriken 2 rev. B Cryorig XT140 fan Windows 10 Pro 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Topre Realforce 87u 55g Corsair SF450 Lazer3D LZ7 Logitech G303 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries 4HD Audio Technica ATH-M50 
  hide details  
post #269 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
No, the SPECACT Kit (something I have personally bought) gives you no advantage. Just different skins on the character and guns. They have NO additional stats and, to be honest, the camouflage actually makes you stick out more.
I believe we have it from EA's mouth that no advantage will be gained in the pre-order content. That's actual evidence as opposed mere speculation. My point still stands that you are complaining about something they are offering you for FREE. If you don't want it fair enough. If you do, pre-order.

- In response to one of your previous posts, the people who pre-order are greatly more valuable to EA than those who don't. Pre-order figures are very useful to a company, and I think it right to reward this as well and loyal investment.

Eddie.
Edited by PriceEddie - 6/13/11 at 3:46pm
Geoff
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k @ 4.8Ghz Asus P8P67 Rev 3 NVIDIA GTX 480 @ 850/1700 8Gb Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
400gb Samsung Thermaltake Frio Windows 7 Ultimate LG 22" Flatron L227WT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse III Corsair HX620W Fractal Design Arc Midi Logitech G500 
Mouse PadAudio
Rug Creative Xtreme Gamer with Sennheiser PC151s & ... 
  hide details  
Geoff
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k @ 4.8Ghz Asus P8P67 Rev 3 NVIDIA GTX 480 @ 850/1700 8Gb Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
400gb Samsung Thermaltake Frio Windows 7 Ultimate LG 22" Flatron L227WT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse III Corsair HX620W Fractal Design Arc Midi Logitech G500 
Mouse PadAudio
Rug Creative Xtreme Gamer with Sennheiser PC151s & ... 
  hide details  
post #270 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkypoo7 View Post
So pre-order it?

I'm sorry, I don't see why people are complaining.

Heaven forbid you pay a day / week / month before it's released? I've had mine pre-ordered since the day it was available for pre-order at my local GameStop.

And how is this tied to BFBC2? The "freebies" are trash. The "exclusive" unlocks are useless compared to the later on unlocked weapons.

People have turned into such babies. If you want to slight advantage pre-order it, it takes two seconds, stop complaining.

Also, it's what a $10 between the limited and regular version? For a game which if any previous Battlefield game has proven will suck hours out of your life... pay the extra $10 and just avoid Starbucks for a few days or something. Not rocket science.

I'm sure this post is going to get picked at, flamed and whatever so go right ahead. I have my BF3 pre-ordered w/ the Limited Edition, and as soon as the PWP shows up for the US version I'll walk right to my nearest GameStop and change my pre-order to that.
You were overly glad you pre-ordered your copy of Dragon Age 2 didn't you?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x6 1100T @>4Ghz CH Formula IV CF 5850 Winova 2x4GB @ 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Seagate 500GB Acer S243HL 24" Seasonic 850w SF-1000 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x6 1100T @>4Ghz CH Formula IV CF 5850 Winova 2x4GB @ 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Seagate 500GB Acer S243HL 24" Seasonic 850w SF-1000 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [RS] Boycott Against Battlefield 3 Is Underway