Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [RS] Boycott Against Battlefield 3 Is Underway
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[RS] Boycott Against Battlefield 3 Is Underway - Page 30  

post #291 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
Yeah, but the point is the SPECACT kit doesn't give an advantage, this kit does. It's not available to buy and preordering doesn't give anything to EA. As I've mentioned ad nauseum, preorders actually cost less.

I personally wouldn't give a monkeys if the kit was all unlockable in game. But according to the source, and EA, it's not. Therefore; I have a problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
1. It does give an advantage because an ammo pack that can shoot through concrete, wood etc etc is clearly an advantage.
3. Preorders give nothing to the publisher. So the arguement of helping the publisher is false.
It does help EA. Data from pre-orders are very valuable to companies. It allows them to forecast and predict, processes vital to any company not mentioning the data indicating how many copies are needed where etc! Are you also suggesting that there will be no other ammunition that does this!? In what minute regard exactly do you hold the developers of BF3!

Pre-orders might in general cost less, but it has extra items and does not effect the cost.

Would you prefer for the content not to be there and the pre-order simply cost less?

Eddie.
Edited by PriceEddie - 6/13/11 at 4:22pm
Geoff
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k @ 4.8Ghz Asus P8P67 Rev 3 NVIDIA GTX 480 @ 850/1700 8Gb Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
400gb Samsung Thermaltake Frio Windows 7 Ultimate LG 22" Flatron L227WT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse III Corsair HX620W Fractal Design Arc Midi Logitech G500 
Mouse PadAudio
Rug Creative Xtreme Gamer with Sennheiser PC151s & ... 
  hide details  
Geoff
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k @ 4.8Ghz Asus P8P67 Rev 3 NVIDIA GTX 480 @ 850/1700 8Gb Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
400gb Samsung Thermaltake Frio Windows 7 Ultimate LG 22" Flatron L227WT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse III Corsair HX620W Fractal Design Arc Midi Logitech G500 
Mouse PadAudio
Rug Creative Xtreme Gamer with Sennheiser PC151s & ... 
  hide details  
post #292 of 324
What sucks is the off the rack purchaser of BF3 loads into a server and plays a few rounds then gets kicked when karkand loads. Does a quick search and finds he has to pay extra for a map that's not out yet for retail purchase. Kinda kills the fun.
My First Build
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7-860 2.8/OC'ed 3.60 FPO/batch # L935B730 Asus P7P55d Evo MSI 580 TF II OC 8 Gig Corsiar DDR3 1600 XMP 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Black 750 Samsung H50, pull/push Win7 Pro 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP 2509B 25" 1920x1080 Steelseries backlit Merc Corsiar TX650 Thermatake V9 Black 
MouseAudio
Rat 7 Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
My First Build
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7-860 2.8/OC'ed 3.60 FPO/batch # L935B730 Asus P7P55d Evo MSI 580 TF II OC 8 Gig Corsiar DDR3 1600 XMP 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Black 750 Samsung H50, pull/push Win7 Pro 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP 2509B 25" 1920x1080 Steelseries backlit Merc Corsiar TX650 Thermatake V9 Black 
MouseAudio
Rat 7 Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
post #293 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
1. It does give an advantage because an ammo pack that can shoot through concrete, wood etc etc is clearly an advantage.
3. Preorders give nothing to the publisher. So the arguement of helping the publisher is false.
that is an advantage, but the disadvantage is that you also deal less damage. buckshot deals much more damage than flechettes, but flechettes can penetrate thin materials. its called balanced, not advantage.

2 guys meet in the open using shotguns, the guy with the buckshot will win. You sacrifice stopping power for penetration, which could net you some kills spray and praying through a thin wall.
Current build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q9950 stock asus p5n-d 5870 4 gb ocz 
OS
windows 7 
  hide details  
Current build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q9950 stock asus p5n-d 5870 4 gb ocz 
OS
windows 7 
  hide details  
post #294 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriceEddie View Post
1. suppose people can't afford to buy it now, and are working and saving money to afford it once it comes out, why should they suffer?
2. people don't want to purchase from a specific retailer just to get the content
3. why can't they just include the perks in the strike at karkand they will release postrelease?
4. people aren't all complaining about not paying for it, they're complaining about availability

1. They don't suffer, they simply miss out on some content that will be of no advantage to them regardless.
2. There are plenty of retailers offer this deal, they have also stated that there won't be a specific retailer in the future.
3. Would you say that it is unfair that people get pre-orders at a lesser price? Have people who haven't pre-ordered therefore lost the few pounds they could have saved? The point is to pre-order the game to get the content. You help them they give you some stuff.
4. It's available when pre-ordering, almost every retailer will offer this deal in the end, so just pre-order it.

Eddie.
1. So because people are "poor" they should miss it? and the perks give an advantage.
2. Name the digital retailers other than origin that offer it since post people silla preorder the digital version
3. What does a preorder benefit ea that a post release doesnt, they even get more money when ppl buy expansion packs that were free from preorder
4. One again name. Digital ones that will offer the deal

Sent from mytouch 4G
post #295 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
I thought everyone was miffed at the weapons kit, a la the source.


Eh, I haven't got any time for people like that. Arguing about something that is totally irrelevant to them. I just hate it when people make posts like that because you "can't address their main point" when I'm not even sure that if I did I'd get any sense out of them.

I mean, the main point of the boycott is that the weapons aren't unlockable normally and have to be attained via a preorder. I don't understand how this is unjustified.
But surely as a person who as you say is not actually boycotting BF3, how can you claim to stand on their side when your actions will go directly towards OPPOSING their boycott?

If you are not opposing their boycott and you are not boycotting, then all that remains by use of simple logic is to discern that you were never interested in BF3 at all.

But then that would contradict your whole reason for not discussing anything further with me because of your so-called dislike of being in a discussion that is irrelevant to you.

So tell me, what exactly are you doing here?
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
post #296 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhati View Post
you make a fine argument, i have decided to join the boycott, but refuse to give up my preorder and preorder content, but im on your side. keep that in mind while i kill you with those weapons. I was on your side.
I'm happy at least one person gets it
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
post #297 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzleBoy View Post
Could you elaborate?

Or are you insisting that the person I was talking to, who supposedly supported the boycott, but not enough to actually boycott, which means that he's actually NOT supporting the boycott, whos reason for supporting those boycotting did not even align with those he's supportings (while not actually supporting them if you think about it logically) actual reason for starting the boycott in the first place, who doesn't really even care about the boycott in the first place to actually boycott, therefore making him by any measure of logic, on the opposite side of the boycott actually had anything left of solid value to say in regards to our discussion of the boycott?
More misinformation. Man, can you even read?

I support the people boycotting the game and my reason for my support aligns perfectly with the main reasoning; I have a problem with the availability, or lack therefore, of this weapon kit outside of the preorder.

When I say support. I mean I back these people up on this forum, instead of not backing them up and trashing them. That's the level of support I'm willing to commit. Unlike yourself, who can't read or understand basic levels of the English language to be able to read the official Battlefield website and determine that the kit gives and advantage.

I quote:



Quote:
This morning RPS awoke to inboxes bursting with emails telling us off for Battlefield 3′s DLC announcement. This was confusing, as we are not EA. You can tell by the lack of Will Wright posters on our walls. It seems a Reddit campaign has been organised in reaction to news that BF3 pre-orders will come with DLC that others won’t be able to get. The Back To Karkand expansion pack is (somewhat mistakenly) the focus of this ire, not only because it will mean those who buy the game on release will need to spend extra to have the same content as other players, but because they apparently won’t be able to get at all of it. The extra weapons and ammo that come in the Physical Warfare Pack are not to be included in the post-release version.
If you still cannot see the problem I'm going to have to stick you on my ignore list and hope you don't defame and slander my character any further.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500 @ 4,004GHz (1.202v) Asus P8P67-PRO B3 Leadtek GTX260 65nm 896MB 700|1430|1100 4GB DDR3 Muskin 1686MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2xWD CB 250GB, 2x SG 320GB, 1xSS F1 1TB Pioneer DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64bit Samsung 2032BW 20" 1680x1050 16:10 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa CoolerMaster GX 550W Coolermaster Storm Sniper Razer DeathAdder 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500 @ 4,004GHz (1.202v) Asus P8P67-PRO B3 Leadtek GTX260 65nm 896MB 700|1430|1100 4GB DDR3 Muskin 1686MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2xWD CB 250GB, 2x SG 320GB, 1xSS F1 1TB Pioneer DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64bit Samsung 2032BW 20" 1680x1050 16:10 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa CoolerMaster GX 550W Coolermaster Storm Sniper Razer DeathAdder 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
post #298 of 324
Quote:
Bad Company 2 gave all its users the DLC for free.
except it wasnt really "DLC". It was the same maps with slight objective changes.
Nemesis NE-α
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790k (Devil's Canyon) AsRock Z97 Extreme 4 Visiontek AMD 6990 Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 840 XSPC Raystorm Windows 8.1 Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Ducky Blue Overclock.net Themed Mechanical Keyb... Corsair Silver 1kw  
CaseMouseAudio
Case Labs TH10 Logitech G502 Logitech 5.1 speakers w/ Onkyo Receiver 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon W3520 i7 4.0ghz EVGA X58 Classified Visiontek 6990 GSkill 6GB DDR3 Pi 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x OCZ Vertex 60GB SSD ; 2x 1TB ; 2x 2TB Samsung BluRay Burner Windows 7 Ultimate 64x 3x Dell U2311H 23" 1080p IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard SilverStone Strider 1000w Modular Power Supply Lian Li V2000 Plus Logitech G9 Gaming Laser Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Cyba Sniper Tracer (Acrylic Glass) 
  hide details  
Nemesis NE-α
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790k (Devil's Canyon) AsRock Z97 Extreme 4 Visiontek AMD 6990 Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 840 XSPC Raystorm Windows 8.1 Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Ducky Blue Overclock.net Themed Mechanical Keyb... Corsair Silver 1kw  
CaseMouseAudio
Case Labs TH10 Logitech G502 Logitech 5.1 speakers w/ Onkyo Receiver 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon W3520 i7 4.0ghz EVGA X58 Classified Visiontek 6990 GSkill 6GB DDR3 Pi 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x OCZ Vertex 60GB SSD ; 2x 1TB ; 2x 2TB Samsung BluRay Burner Windows 7 Ultimate 64x 3x Dell U2311H 23" 1080p IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard SilverStone Strider 1000w Modular Power Supply Lian Li V2000 Plus Logitech G9 Gaming Laser Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Cyba Sniper Tracer (Acrylic Glass) 
  hide details  
post #299 of 324
I love the Battlefield series
I wont be boycotting the game, but I wont preorder the game like I did with BC2.
I dont really care about the weapons the preorder gives you. It doesnt give you an edge if you suck at the damn game lol.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k 4.6ghz 1.376v Msi Z68A-G43 (cheap board!!) MSI 390 Gaming 16gb G.skill Ripjaws X 1866 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Multiple HHD and SSD over 12tb LG GGC-H20L Custom cpu water loop Windows 8 pro 
MonitorPowerCase
AOC u2879vf Corsair tx-750 HAF 912 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k 4.6ghz 1.376v Msi Z68A-G43 (cheap board!!) MSI 390 Gaming 16gb G.skill Ripjaws X 1866 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Multiple HHD and SSD over 12tb LG GGC-H20L Custom cpu water loop Windows 8 pro 
MonitorPowerCase
AOC u2879vf Corsair tx-750 HAF 912 
  hide details  
post #300 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
More misinformation. Man, can you even read?

I support the people boycotting the game and my reason for my support aligns perfectly with the main reasoning; I have a problem with the availability, or lack therefore, of this weapon kit outside of the preorder.

When I say support. I mean I back these people up on this forum, instead of not backing them up and trashing them. That's the level of support I'm willing to commit. Unlike yourself, who can't read or understand basic levels of the English language to be able to read the official Battlefield website and determine that the kit gives and advantage.

I quote:





If you still cannot see the problem I'm going to have to stick you on my ignore list and hope you don't defame and slander my character any further.
So just to clarify:

-You "support" the boycott.

-However you are not actually boycotting.

-Therefore you will be purchasing the game as that is the definition of not boycotting.

-Your purchase of the game will DIRECTLY oppose the aims of the boycott simply by definition of what a boycott actually is.

-Yet you still vehemtently claim to be on the side of the boycotters of OCN.


And apparently I'm the one who "just doesn't get it"?

Something must have sunk in by now.......no?

Think about it......
Edited by GrizzleBoy - 6/13/11 at 4:29pm
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [RS] Boycott Against Battlefield 3 Is Underway