Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [RS] Boycott Against Battlefield 3 Is Underway
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[RS] Boycott Against Battlefield 3 Is Underway - Page 31  

post #301 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriceEddie View Post
It does help EA. Data from pre-orders are very valuable to companies. It allows them to forecast and predict, processes vital to any company not mentioning the data indicating how many copies are needed where etc! Are you also suggesting that there will be no other ammunition that does this!? In what minute regard exactly do you hold the developers of BF3!

Pre-orders might in general cost less, but it has extra items and does not effect the cost.

Would you prefer for the content not to be there and the pre-order simply cost less?

Eddie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhati View Post
that is an advantage, but the disadvantage is that you also deal less damage. buckshot deals much more damage than flechettes, but flechettes can penetrate thin materials. its called balanced, not advantage.

2 guys meet in the open using shotguns, the guy with the buckshot will win. You sacrifice stopping power for penetration, which could net you some kills spray and praying through a thin wall.
Yeah, two guys meet, one preordered, the other didn't. Guess which one has the fletchette ammo and has the upper hand? OH NO I DIDN'T?!
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500 @ 4,004GHz (1.202v) Asus P8P67-PRO B3 Leadtek GTX260 65nm 896MB 700|1430|1100 4GB DDR3 Muskin 1686MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2xWD CB 250GB, 2x SG 320GB, 1xSS F1 1TB Pioneer DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64bit Samsung 2032BW 20" 1680x1050 16:10 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa CoolerMaster GX 550W Coolermaster Storm Sniper Razer DeathAdder 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500 @ 4,004GHz (1.202v) Asus P8P67-PRO B3 Leadtek GTX260 65nm 896MB 700|1430|1100 4GB DDR3 Muskin 1686MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2xWD CB 250GB, 2x SG 320GB, 1xSS F1 1TB Pioneer DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64bit Samsung 2032BW 20" 1680x1050 16:10 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa CoolerMaster GX 550W Coolermaster Storm Sniper Razer DeathAdder 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
post #302 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
Yeah, two guys meet, one preordered, the other didn't. Guess which one has the fletchette ammo and has the upper hand? OH NO I DIDN'T?!
flechette ammo deals less damage than regular ammo. meaning it is less likely to kill an enemy than buckshot. the only advantage fletchette has is that it can penetrate thin walls.


So techinically, Regular buckshot ammo is overpowered because it has an advantage over flechette rounds. It deals more damage!!!

Quote:
Demize99: Before the forums goes all "omg magnum ammo" Armor Piercing comes at the expense of lowering damage. It's also unique to flechettes.

Edited by Vhati - 6/13/11 at 4:35pm
Current build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q9950 stock asus p5n-d 5870 4 gb ocz 
OS
windows 7 
  hide details  
Current build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q9950 stock asus p5n-d 5870 4 gb ocz 
OS
windows 7 
  hide details  
post #303 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzleBoy View Post
So just to clarify:

-You "support" the boycott.

-However you are not actually boycotting.

-Therefore you will be purchasing the game as that is the definition of not boycotting.

-Your purchase of the game will DIRECTLY oppose the aims of the boycott

-Yet you still vehemtently claim to be on the side of the boycotters of OCN


And apparently I'm the one who "just doesn't get it"?

Something must have sunk in by now.......no?

Think about it......
And where abouts did I say I was buying the game?

Yes, mate, you seem to be the one who doesn't get it. Nice hypocrisy, by the way. I love the way you did exactly what you were moaning about. Your proof of the advantage is in my post
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500 @ 4,004GHz (1.202v) Asus P8P67-PRO B3 Leadtek GTX260 65nm 896MB 700|1430|1100 4GB DDR3 Muskin 1686MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2xWD CB 250GB, 2x SG 320GB, 1xSS F1 1TB Pioneer DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64bit Samsung 2032BW 20" 1680x1050 16:10 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa CoolerMaster GX 550W Coolermaster Storm Sniper Razer DeathAdder 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500 @ 4,004GHz (1.202v) Asus P8P67-PRO B3 Leadtek GTX260 65nm 896MB 700|1430|1100 4GB DDR3 Muskin 1686MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2xWD CB 250GB, 2x SG 320GB, 1xSS F1 1TB Pioneer DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64bit Samsung 2032BW 20" 1680x1050 16:10 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa CoolerMaster GX 550W Coolermaster Storm Sniper Razer DeathAdder 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
post #304 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by dteg View Post
1. So because people are "poor" they should miss it? and the perks give an advantage.
2. Name the digital retailers other than origin that offer it since post people silla preorder the digital version
3. What does a preorder benefit ea that a post release doesnt, they even get more money when ppl buy expansion packs that were free from preorder
4. One again name. Digital ones that will offer the deal

Sent from mytouch 4G
1. No, not at all, the pre-order is no more expensive than the post release version, and seeing as no money leaves your account until release what difference does it make. At the end of the day it's a game you are saving up for not a mortgage.

2.Well the British ones have been announced, I believe that they are Game, Gameplay, Amazon and Play.

3. I have stated this in another post.

4. See 2 and wait for more.

Eddie.
Geoff
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k @ 4.8Ghz Asus P8P67 Rev 3 NVIDIA GTX 480 @ 850/1700 8Gb Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
400gb Samsung Thermaltake Frio Windows 7 Ultimate LG 22" Flatron L227WT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse III Corsair HX620W Fractal Design Arc Midi Logitech G500 
Mouse PadAudio
Rug Creative Xtreme Gamer with Sennheiser PC151s & ... 
  hide details  
Geoff
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k @ 4.8Ghz Asus P8P67 Rev 3 NVIDIA GTX 480 @ 850/1700 8Gb Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
400gb Samsung Thermaltake Frio Windows 7 Ultimate LG 22" Flatron L227WT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse III Corsair HX620W Fractal Design Arc Midi Logitech G500 
Mouse PadAudio
Rug Creative Xtreme Gamer with Sennheiser PC151s & ... 
  hide details  
post #305 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhati View Post
flechette ammo deals less damage than regular ammo. meaning it is less likely to kill an enemy than buckshot. the only advantage fletchette has is that it can penetrate thin walls.


So techinically, Regular buckshot ammo is overpowered because it has an advantage over flechette rounds. It deals more damage!!!
I knew there was an ignore function for a reason!
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500 @ 4,004GHz (1.202v) Asus P8P67-PRO B3 Leadtek GTX260 65nm 896MB 700|1430|1100 4GB DDR3 Muskin 1686MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2xWD CB 250GB, 2x SG 320GB, 1xSS F1 1TB Pioneer DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64bit Samsung 2032BW 20" 1680x1050 16:10 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa CoolerMaster GX 550W Coolermaster Storm Sniper Razer DeathAdder 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500 @ 4,004GHz (1.202v) Asus P8P67-PRO B3 Leadtek GTX260 65nm 896MB 700|1430|1100 4GB DDR3 Muskin 1686MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2xWD CB 250GB, 2x SG 320GB, 1xSS F1 1TB Pioneer DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64bit Samsung 2032BW 20" 1680x1050 16:10 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa CoolerMaster GX 550W Coolermaster Storm Sniper Razer DeathAdder 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
post #306 of 324
how about this, you boycott the game and I play it and have fun.
Freedom
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 870 @ 4200 Mhz Evga P55 E657 EVGA GTX 570 SLI 4gb ddr3 2000 PGV34G2000ELK 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial M4 ACHI + 2x 500GB black Windows 7 x64 Samsung LN32B640R3FXZA Dell L100 :'( 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Ultra x3 1000 watt Top Deck Tech Station Red Wolf King Trooper :'( Choiix Travelpad :'( 
  hide details  
Freedom
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 870 @ 4200 Mhz Evga P55 E657 EVGA GTX 570 SLI 4gb ddr3 2000 PGV34G2000ELK 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial M4 ACHI + 2x 500GB black Windows 7 x64 Samsung LN32B640R3FXZA Dell L100 :'( 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Ultra x3 1000 watt Top Deck Tech Station Red Wolf King Trooper :'( Choiix Travelpad :'( 
  hide details  
post #307 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
I knew there was an ignore function for a reason!
yep. its for the truth.

go ahead, ignore the truth. You cant handle the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I'm sorry the big red text crushed your strawman.
Edited by Vhati - 6/13/11 at 4:39pm
Current build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q9950 stock asus p5n-d 5870 4 gb ocz 
OS
windows 7 
  hide details  
Current build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q9950 stock asus p5n-d 5870 4 gb ocz 
OS
windows 7 
  hide details  
post #308 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
Yeah, two guys meet, one preordered, the other didn't. Guess which one has the fletchette ammo and has the upper hand? OH NO I DIDN'T?!
But they are balanced, have you not read the posts regarding this. For the Flechette's penetrative force the Buckshot betters it in stopping power and damage dealt to the player. It's also a shotgun, and I guarantee that there are a lot more longer range rifles, which have vast advantage over shotguns, in the normal post release edition.

Eddie.
Geoff
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k @ 4.8Ghz Asus P8P67 Rev 3 NVIDIA GTX 480 @ 850/1700 8Gb Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
400gb Samsung Thermaltake Frio Windows 7 Ultimate LG 22" Flatron L227WT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse III Corsair HX620W Fractal Design Arc Midi Logitech G500 
Mouse PadAudio
Rug Creative Xtreme Gamer with Sennheiser PC151s & ... 
  hide details  
Geoff
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k @ 4.8Ghz Asus P8P67 Rev 3 NVIDIA GTX 480 @ 850/1700 8Gb Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
400gb Samsung Thermaltake Frio Windows 7 Ultimate LG 22" Flatron L227WT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse III Corsair HX620W Fractal Design Arc Midi Logitech G500 
Mouse PadAudio
Rug Creative Xtreme Gamer with Sennheiser PC151s & ... 
  hide details  
post #309 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
And where abouts did I say I was buying the game?

Yes, mate, you seem to be the one who doesn't get it. Nice hypocrisy, by the way. I love the way you did exactly what you were moaning about. Your proof of the advantage is in my post
I was actually going off of the information you gave me yourself from the many posts we shared.

Unfortunately, you're incapable of sticking to your guns (or the truth it seems).

You support the boycott, but you're not boycotting and you're not buying the game. However, you seem to have a personal problem with certain items not being in the game without pre-ordering from a certain place.

You may think you're being smart, but you actually just put your foot in it yet again.

Your reasoning for not discussing the boycott with me any further from earlier was:

Quote:
Eh, I haven't got any time for people like that. Arguing about something that is totally irrelevant to them.
Surely if you have no interest in purchasing the game, then surely you are the exact kind of person you apparently have no time for?

Surely discussing the boycott of a game that you do not intend to buy is many times more irrelevant than a person such as myself who has every intention of buying it discussing it?

So who is the hypocrite again?

But then you dont care anyway because you're not buying the game.

But you DO care because you're so passionate about everyone getting the same stuff!

But then you dont even care anyway because you're not buying the game.....

But then you DO care because you're supporting the boycotters!

But then you dont even care anyway because you dont like to discuss things that are irrelevant to you.

But then you DO care because this game that you're not even going to buy is seeming to be pretty damn relevant to you.

But then you probably dont even care anyway, do you?

But then maybe you do care?
Edited by GrizzleBoy - 6/13/11 at 4:46pm
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
post #310 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sozin View Post
I absolutely love reading this thread and seeing people say that this isn't a big deal to them, but if this was a Call of Duty game every single person on this forum would be foaming at the mouth towards Activision, but because it's DICE, it's all okay and good.

The hypocrisy on this forum is insane.
+1 If this was Activision folks would be looking for Bobby's head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spct View Post
What sucks is the off the rack purchaser of BF3 loads into a server and plays a few rounds then gets kicked when karkand loads. Does a quick search and finds he has to pay extra for a map that's not out yet for retail purchase. Kinda kills the fun.
That bothers me more than anything, ammo weapons otherwise. Seems kind of like a low blow on DICE's part. Lowers my opinion of them fairly substantially as a company.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 @ 4.0 Ghz GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD3R BFG GTX285 OC2 691/1566/2592 OCZ Obsidian 6GB 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 Pro 64 245BW G15 BFG 800 
CaseMouse
CoolerMaster CM690 G5 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 @ 4.0 Ghz GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD3R BFG GTX285 OC2 691/1566/2592 OCZ Obsidian 6GB 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 Pro 64 245BW G15 BFG 800 
CaseMouse
CoolerMaster CM690 G5 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [RS] Boycott Against Battlefield 3 Is Underway