Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [RS] Boycott Against Battlefield 3 Is Underway
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[RS] Boycott Against Battlefield 3 Is Underway - Page 32  

post #311 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
I knew there was an ignore function for a reason!
Yeah it's so you can avoid seeing your argument torn to shreds.

Eddie.
Geoff
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k @ 4.8Ghz Asus P8P67 Rev 3 NVIDIA GTX 480 @ 850/1700 8Gb Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
400gb Samsung Thermaltake Frio Windows 7 Ultimate LG 22" Flatron L227WT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse III Corsair HX620W Fractal Design Arc Midi Logitech G500 
Mouse PadAudio
Rug Creative Xtreme Gamer with Sennheiser PC151s & ... 
  hide details  
Geoff
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k @ 4.8Ghz Asus P8P67 Rev 3 NVIDIA GTX 480 @ 850/1700 8Gb Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
400gb Samsung Thermaltake Frio Windows 7 Ultimate LG 22" Flatron L227WT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse III Corsair HX620W Fractal Design Arc Midi Logitech G500 
Mouse PadAudio
Rug Creative Xtreme Gamer with Sennheiser PC151s & ... 
  hide details  
post #312 of 324
http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/
Blipper
(20 items)
 
First LEGIT Rig!
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2700K @4.5Ghz (1.32v) Asus Maximus V Extreme Asus Strix GTX 1080 OC Edition Kingston HyperX 8GB 1866 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX 8GB 1866 Samsung Evo 840 500GB Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200 RPM Western Digital Black 1TB 7200RPM 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
ASUS DRW-24B1ST Corsair H100i Windows 10 Professional Dell Gaming S2716DG 27" 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
BenQ GW2760HS 27" BenQ GW2760HS 27" Ducky Shine II (Red LED,Cherry MX Blue) CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX850  
CaseMouseAudioOther
Corsair 650D Logitech G502 Yamaha R-v703 w/ Yamaha Monitors Obbuto Revolution for Desk/Cockpit 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 P45 Neo-F (MS-7519) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460  Value Ram 
RAMRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
Value Ram  Value Ram Western Digital Blue some DVDRW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair A70 Win 7 Ultimate 64bit Samsung SyncMaster T260 26" Steelseries 6Gv2 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec TruePower 550 Haf 912 Razer Lachesis Razer Goliathus 
Audio
Yamaha R-V703 w/ ATH-M50 
  hide details  
Blipper
(20 items)
 
First LEGIT Rig!
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2700K @4.5Ghz (1.32v) Asus Maximus V Extreme Asus Strix GTX 1080 OC Edition Kingston HyperX 8GB 1866 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX 8GB 1866 Samsung Evo 840 500GB Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200 RPM Western Digital Black 1TB 7200RPM 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
ASUS DRW-24B1ST Corsair H100i Windows 10 Professional Dell Gaming S2716DG 27" 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
BenQ GW2760HS 27" BenQ GW2760HS 27" Ducky Shine II (Red LED,Cherry MX Blue) CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX850  
CaseMouseAudioOther
Corsair 650D Logitech G502 Yamaha R-v703 w/ Yamaha Monitors Obbuto Revolution for Desk/Cockpit 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 P45 Neo-F (MS-7519) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460  Value Ram 
RAMRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
Value Ram  Value Ram Western Digital Blue some DVDRW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair A70 Win 7 Ultimate 64bit Samsung SyncMaster T260 26" Steelseries 6Gv2 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec TruePower 550 Haf 912 Razer Lachesis Razer Goliathus 
Audio
Yamaha R-V703 w/ ATH-M50 
  hide details  
post #313 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriceEddie View Post
But they are balanced, have you not read the posts regarding this. For the Flechette's penetrative force the Buckshot betters it in stopping power and damage dealt to the player. It's also a shotgun, and I guarantee that there are a lot more longer range rifles, which have vast advantage over shotguns, in the normal post release edition.

Eddie.
You have no understanding of game balance.
post #314 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriceEddie View Post
But they are balanced, have you not read the posts regarding this. For the Flechette's penetrative force the Buckshot betters it in stopping power and damage dealt to the player. It's also a shotgun, and I guarantee that there are a lot more longer range rifles, which have vast advantage over shotguns, in the normal post release edition.

Eddie.
While true, that doesn't change the fact that people are very rightly pissed off at the exclusive content going to preorders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzleBoy View Post
I was actually going off of the information you gave me yourself from the many posts we shared.

You may think you're being smart, but you actually just put your foot in it yet again.

Your reasoning for not discussing the boycott with me any further from earlier was:



Surely if you have no interest in purchasing the game, then surely you are the exact kind of person you apparently have no time for?

Surely discussing the boycott of a game that you do not intend to buy is many times more irrelevant than a person such as myself who has every intention of buying it discussing it?

So who is the hypocrite again?
You're the hypoctite, mate, as I've already pointed out.

Why am I so bothered? Because I have an extreme dislike of ANY and MOST DLC and I don't want to see this kind of pandering and unjust rewarding going to preorders. I support this boycott because I don't want to see this kind of thing become a president for all future and upcoming games. The sad thing is we would have come to this conclusion together much sooner had your attitude not absolutely stunk.

I'm done talking to you and done dealing with your rude, uppity and insulting attitude.


Quote:
Originally Posted by PriceEddie View Post
Yeah it's so you can avoid seeing your argument torn to shreds.

Eddie.
What, by Vhati and GrizzleBoy? You need to lay off the whackie backie, Eddie. My point and argument is solid, no matter how many times those two run wild and add things that aren't there.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500 @ 4,004GHz (1.202v) Asus P8P67-PRO B3 Leadtek GTX260 65nm 896MB 700|1430|1100 4GB DDR3 Muskin 1686MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2xWD CB 250GB, 2x SG 320GB, 1xSS F1 1TB Pioneer DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64bit Samsung 2032BW 20" 1680x1050 16:10 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa CoolerMaster GX 550W Coolermaster Storm Sniper Razer DeathAdder 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500 @ 4,004GHz (1.202v) Asus P8P67-PRO B3 Leadtek GTX260 65nm 896MB 700|1430|1100 4GB DDR3 Muskin 1686MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2xWD CB 250GB, 2x SG 320GB, 1xSS F1 1TB Pioneer DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64bit Samsung 2032BW 20" 1680x1050 16:10 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa CoolerMaster GX 550W Coolermaster Storm Sniper Razer DeathAdder 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
post #315 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion Racing View Post
Cant wait for this to fail. Going to do my pre order including the physical warfare pack right now.
ditto
Murderface
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600k MSI Z68A-GD65 EVGA GTX 680 Mushkin Redline 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Mushkin Chronos WD Caviar Black WD Caviar Black Hitachi Deskstar 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Lite-On BD burner Samsung DVD burner Thermalright Silver Arrow Win 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG IPS236 KBT Race Enermax RV920 Lian Li T60B 
MouseMouse PadAudio
CM Storm Xornet PureTrak Talent Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Murderface
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600k MSI Z68A-GD65 EVGA GTX 680 Mushkin Redline 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Mushkin Chronos WD Caviar Black WD Caviar Black Hitachi Deskstar 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Lite-On BD burner Samsung DVD burner Thermalright Silver Arrow Win 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG IPS236 KBT Race Enermax RV920 Lian Li T60B 
MouseMouse PadAudio
CM Storm Xornet PureTrak Talent Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD 
  hide details  
post #316 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankth3frizz View Post
Because someone who buys the game on day one (without preordering) doesn't count as their core fans?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500 @ 4,004GHz (1.202v) Asus P8P67-PRO B3 Leadtek GTX260 65nm 896MB 700|1430|1100 4GB DDR3 Muskin 1686MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2xWD CB 250GB, 2x SG 320GB, 1xSS F1 1TB Pioneer DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64bit Samsung 2032BW 20" 1680x1050 16:10 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa CoolerMaster GX 550W Coolermaster Storm Sniper Razer DeathAdder 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500 @ 4,004GHz (1.202v) Asus P8P67-PRO B3 Leadtek GTX260 65nm 896MB 700|1430|1100 4GB DDR3 Muskin 1686MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2xWD CB 250GB, 2x SG 320GB, 1xSS F1 1TB Pioneer DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64bit Samsung 2032BW 20" 1680x1050 16:10 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa CoolerMaster GX 550W Coolermaster Storm Sniper Razer DeathAdder 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
post #317 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by beers View Post
Not going to be surprised when half of my Steam list 'boycotts' and then 10 minutes later the status changes to "Playing: Battlefield 3". I seem to recall MW2 following the same behavior.
mw2 was the worst...
i deleted all of the people who tried to look cool by first "boycotting" then buying mw2...

buh, at this rate, i'm not buying games anymore really :/

i mean,i buy my fighting games, and my valve games... but... yeah, that's about it. all publishers suck. they do not get my money.
zomgFX
(8 items)
 
CR-48
(14 items)
 
needs moar win
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
N455 1.66GHZ Tripod Motherboard MARIO Intel GMA 3150 2 GB DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
16GB SanDisk SSD 32GB Centon SDHC  Lubuntu 12.1" LCD 
CaseMouse
matte. Canon X Mark I 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
E8400 C0 P5N-E SLI EVGA 8800GT EVGA 8800GT 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
4gigs ddr2800 - G.skill Seagate 2tb 5700RPM Crucial M4 64GB Hyper 212+ 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windoz 7 ulti Asus V222H 21.5 1920x1080 Corsair HX520 Smilodon 
Mouse
Roccat Kone (poop) 
  hide details  
zomgFX
(8 items)
 
CR-48
(14 items)
 
needs moar win
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
N455 1.66GHZ Tripod Motherboard MARIO Intel GMA 3150 2 GB DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
16GB SanDisk SSD 32GB Centon SDHC  Lubuntu 12.1" LCD 
CaseMouse
matte. Canon X Mark I 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
E8400 C0 P5N-E SLI EVGA 8800GT EVGA 8800GT 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
4gigs ddr2800 - G.skill Seagate 2tb 5700RPM Crucial M4 64GB Hyper 212+ 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windoz 7 ulti Asus V222H 21.5 1920x1080 Corsair HX520 Smilodon 
Mouse
Roccat Kone (poop) 
  hide details  
post #318 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman23 View Post
You have no understanding of game balance.
im pretty sure Demize99 does. After all, he handles the balancing of all the weapons in the game. He has alot more experience than you, and if he is saying its balanced, and gave us the reason why. I beg you to come up with a reason as to why its not balanced.

Quote:
Demize99: Before the forums goes all "omg magnum ammo" Armor Piercing comes at the expense of lowering damage. It's also unique to flechettes.
honestly, who is more credible. The guy who balances the weapons in the game, or some dude on a forum.
Edited by Vhati - 6/13/11 at 4:50pm
Current build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q9950 stock asus p5n-d 5870 4 gb ocz 
OS
windows 7 
  hide details  
Current build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q9950 stock asus p5n-d 5870 4 gb ocz 
OS
windows 7 
  hide details  
post #319 of 324
I want to pre order it's just, please release a statement whether it will available for pre-order on Steam or not...
Project One
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9450 3.4/1.248v ASUS Maximus Formula MSI GTX470 Corsair TwinX x 8GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD RaptorX 150GB x2, WD 500GB ASUS 20X DVDRW w/ Lightscribe Windows 7 64 Bit Samsung 2232GW 22" 
PowerCase
CM Real Power Pro 1000watt CM Stacker 830 Evolution 
  hide details  
Project One
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9450 3.4/1.248v ASUS Maximus Formula MSI GTX470 Corsair TwinX x 8GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD RaptorX 150GB x2, WD 500GB ASUS 20X DVDRW w/ Lightscribe Windows 7 64 Bit Samsung 2232GW 22" 
PowerCase
CM Real Power Pro 1000watt CM Stacker 830 Evolution 
  hide details  
post #320 of 324
Quote:
unjust rewarding going to preorders
Unjust how? People preordering are taking a risk by buying a game with barely any info. EA wants preorders (for whatever reason) so they value more customers who preorder. To encourage that, they offer something exclusive, only for preorders. And something that doesn't divide the community (since the Karkand maps will be a DLC), and doesn't break balance.

I see this ending 2 ways. Either EA doesn't care a bit about the boycott and 99% of the boycotters buy BF3 anyways, or EA backs down and announces Physical Warfare DLC, boycotters think they win, and EA gets even more money.
Dustbox
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 1045t Gigabyte GA-790XTA-UD4 Gigabyte HD 6850 @ 970/1100 G.Skill Sniper @ Working on it 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2xSeagate 7200.12 500GB (RAID0) + 7200.12 1TB +... Prolimatech Megahalems + 2xScythe Gentle Typhoo... Windows 7 Professional x64 Dell U2311H 
PowerCaseAudio
Corsair HX850 Cooler Master HAF 922 Asus Xonar DX 
  hide details  
Dustbox
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 1045t Gigabyte GA-790XTA-UD4 Gigabyte HD 6850 @ 970/1100 G.Skill Sniper @ Working on it 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2xSeagate 7200.12 500GB (RAID0) + 7200.12 1TB +... Prolimatech Megahalems + 2xScythe Gentle Typhoo... Windows 7 Professional x64 Dell U2311H 
PowerCaseAudio
Corsair HX850 Cooler Master HAF 922 Asus Xonar DX 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [RS] Boycott Against Battlefield 3 Is Underway