Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [BFblog] Your questions on Physical Warfare Pack and Back to Karkand pre-order items
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[BFblog] Your questions on Physical Warfare Pack and Back to Karkand pre-order items - Page 6  

post #51 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
As far as it goes, no I'm not terribly bad off. I'm playing this from the worst case scenario in hopes that I can make it clear that the idea of exclusive pre-order content is terrible, as not everybody can get that content because of circumstances beyond their control.

I hope I've made that clear, but it seems clear to me that I've instead helped you all think of ways to save money instead.

Alright, lets put it this way. I'm brain-dead, in a coma, can't pre-order or anything at all without life support. I wake up after BF3 is released and want to play, but now I can't get the exclusive content. Is it right for EA to punish me so?
yes. yes it is right. During that coma, you might miss the special .9% Financing on a new honda also, and when you go to buy it after you wake up, you have to get a regular rate of 4.9%. Does that mean Honda is punishing you also?

Why does EA have to bend to your wishes. EA and Dice are providing a bonus for the people willing to invest early.

You have plenty of time in order to get your finances right, the only exclusive is a couple of weapons. And their will be weapons similar to them that you can use instead. Do you really think the only sniper rifles, LMGs, and semi auto shotguns in the game will be in that kit.

Personally, if i couldnt get the preorder content, i would accept that i couldnt. Why? Because im an adult and can accept things out of my control. Would i like to have the content, yes, yes i would. I wouldnt attempt to boycott the game simply because i could not or wouldnt preorder the game to get the content, i would say thats cool that they were giving stuff to preorder people, and possibly preorder a newer game in the future. I would then continue on my life using the other sniper rifles, shotguns, and LMGs in the game just fine.

There is plenty of time to save for the game though, and when the beta comes out, you can decide then, preorders will go up til the day before release. So people can try before they buy, and not miss out on content.
Edited by Vhati - 6/14/11 at 9:44am
Current build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q9950 stock asus p5n-d 5870 4 gb ocz 
OS
windows 7 
  hide details  
Current build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q9950 stock asus p5n-d 5870 4 gb ocz 
OS
windows 7 
  hide details  
post #52 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhati View Post
Personally, if i couldnt get the preorder content, i would accept that i couldnt. Why? Because im an adult and can accept things out of my control. Would i like to have the content, yes, yes i would. I wouldnt attempt to boycott the game simply because i could not or wouldnt preorder the game to get the content, i would say thats cool that they were giving stuff to preorder people, and possibly preorder a newer game in the future. I would then continue on my life using the other sniper rifles, shotguns, and LMGs in the game just fine.
Exactly! It's not rocket science.

Problem is: People whine too much. Want everything handed to them on a silver platter and want everything their way. Too freaking bad, grow up.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790k Asus Maximus Impact VII Z97 EVGA GTX 780 Classified Crucial Ballistix VLP 2x8GB 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 830 256GB Seagate 1TB SSHD Lite-On eNAU108-111 Thermalright Ultra Extreme Black 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Professional Asus PB278Q Das Keyboard Ultimate 4 Seasonic 760W Platinum 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CaseLabs Nova X2M Logitech G602 Razer Scarab Asus Sonar Impact II + AudioEngine A2 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790k Asus Maximus Impact VII Z97 EVGA GTX 780 Classified Crucial Ballistix VLP 2x8GB 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 830 256GB Seagate 1TB SSHD Lite-On eNAU108-111 Thermalright Ultra Extreme Black 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Professional Asus PB278Q Das Keyboard Ultimate 4 Seasonic 760W Platinum 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CaseLabs Nova X2M Logitech G602 Razer Scarab Asus Sonar Impact II + AudioEngine A2 
  hide details  
post #53 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
Alright, lets put it this way. I'm brain-dead, in a coma, can't pre-order or anything at all without life support. I wake up after BF3 is released and want to play, but now I can't get the exclusive content. Is it right for EA to punish me so?
Let's put it this way - if you're brain-dead, in a coma, on life-support, and you miraculously make a full recovery, are you REALLY gonna be that peeved that you weren't able to get some Flechette ammo for your virtual shotgun in a game?
post #54 of 94
I give up on this, no one wants to accept my argument at face value and instead you all stretch it out even further than I do into the ridiculous.

As it stands, I don't like exclusive content, I don't believe it's for the good of the game, and I do believe that it will result in problems in the future.
Dynamix
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-860 Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P Radeon 7970 Corsair Domintor Twins + Other = 16 Gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Black, 500gb OCZ Solid 3 Sony Optiarc Corsair H50 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate Samsung P2570HD + Other Logitech G110 Corsair 750W HX 
CaseMouse
Antec p183 Logitech MX Revolution 
  hide details  
Dynamix
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-860 Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P Radeon 7970 Corsair Domintor Twins + Other = 16 Gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Black, 500gb OCZ Solid 3 Sony Optiarc Corsair H50 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate Samsung P2570HD + Other Logitech G110 Corsair 750W HX 
CaseMouse
Antec p183 Logitech MX Revolution 
  hide details  
post #55 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
I give up on this, no one wants to accept my argument at face value and instead you all stretch it out even further than I do into the ridiculous.
That's because your argument is ridiculous, futile, and childish, to say the least. Yes, you're being "punished" by EA. EA knows that you don't have a job, so they purposefully put this content into the pre-order JUST to "punish" YOU.

Get over it. The rest of the world doesn't revolve around you and isn't going to cater to you simply because you're unemployed. Does being unemployed suck? Yes, but if you're worried so much over the price of Entertainment while you're unemployed, then there's something awfully wrong there, and it ISN'T on EA's side.
post #56 of 94
Topic...beaten...death...stick.

FIVE MONTHS AWAY
0.40 cents a day for the next 5 months = $60 Less than 1/3 of a cup of coffee A DAY. EA has given ample time for anyone rich or poor to figure it out.
If you are still worried about not pre-ordering it, it is a choice and yours to make. Simple.

Mods should start locking these threads there is nothing to discuss.
Angry Monster
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 4770K MSI Z87 G45 HIS R9 290 G-skill Ripjaws 4x4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Black 640GB Sata III LG DVD RW Corsair H70 W8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
42" Sharp Aquos K800 EW 650W Antek 900 
MouseAudio
R.A.T. 9 Soundblaster xi-fi Titanium 
  hide details  
Angry Monster
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 4770K MSI Z87 G45 HIS R9 290 G-skill Ripjaws 4x4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Black 640GB Sata III LG DVD RW Corsair H70 W8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
42" Sharp Aquos K800 EW 650W Antek 900 
MouseAudio
R.A.T. 9 Soundblaster xi-fi Titanium 
  hide details  
post #57 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by XNine View Post
That's because your argument is ridiculous, futile, and childish, to say the least. Yes, you're being "punished" by EA. EA knows that you don't have a job, so they purposefully put this content into the pre-order JUST to "punish" YOU.

Get over it. The rest of the world doesn't revolve around you and isn't going to cater to you simply because you're unemployed. Does being unemployed suck? Yes, but if you're worried so much over the price of Entertainment while you're unemployed, then there's something awfully wrong there, and it ISN'T on EA's side.
And your a troll who constantly attacks others who are trying to make valid points. I don't think the world revolves around me, my arguments are not "ridiculous, futile, and childish" it is only you who are.
Dynamix
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-860 Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P Radeon 7970 Corsair Domintor Twins + Other = 16 Gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Black, 500gb OCZ Solid 3 Sony Optiarc Corsair H50 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate Samsung P2570HD + Other Logitech G110 Corsair 750W HX 
CaseMouse
Antec p183 Logitech MX Revolution 
  hide details  
Dynamix
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-860 Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P Radeon 7970 Corsair Domintor Twins + Other = 16 Gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Black, 500gb OCZ Solid 3 Sony Optiarc Corsair H50 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate Samsung P2570HD + Other Logitech G110 Corsair 750W HX 
CaseMouse
Antec p183 Logitech MX Revolution 
  hide details  
post #58 of 94
I'm probably in the minority, but I'm more excited about singleplayer first. I expect that the gamplay in multi is probably going to be very similar to BF2, only with updated graphics (I mean, how different can you make it, honestly?). I'm very hopeful for campaign though.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K Biostar TP67B+ XFX HD5750 1GB 2x4GB DDR3 Corsair 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
60GB OCZ SSD, 2x160GB HDD RAID0, 500GB+500GB+1.5TB Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung SyncMaster 930B Antec SmartPower 450w 
Case
Antec 900 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K Biostar TP67B+ XFX HD5750 1GB 2x4GB DDR3 Corsair 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
60GB OCZ SSD, 2x160GB HDD RAID0, 500GB+500GB+1.5TB Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung SyncMaster 930B Antec SmartPower 450w 
Case
Antec 900 
  hide details  
post #59 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
I give up on this, no one wants to accept my argument at face value and instead you all stretch it out even further than I do into the ridiculous.

As it stands, I don't like exclusive content, I don't believe it's for the good of the game, and I do believe that it will result in problems in the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
And your a troll who constantly attacks others who are trying to make valid points. I don't think the world revolves around me, my arguments are not "ridiculous, futile, and childish" it is only you who are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
Alright, lets put it this way. I'm brain-dead, in a coma, can't pre-order or anything at all without life support. I wake up after BF3 is released and want to play, but now I can't get the exclusive content. Is it right for EA to punish me so?
Dude... Wow.

I might possibly wipe out my entire signature just so I can fit this.

Just so you all know, Arkham City is doing a similar pre-order DLC offer. http://www.ripten.com/2011/06/12/bat...ble-character/

Back on track:

I just hope that if I pre-order a physical copy right now, and BF3 ends up coming to Steam a little while after release, I can buy the Steam version and still use my same account with the Physical Warfare pack extras. THAT would be pretty lame if we can't. Isn't each EA account tied to only one BC2 key? I'm assuming BF3 will do the same...
Edited by Stealth Pyros - 6/14/11 at 11:07am
Gaming Rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k, 4.6GHz, 1.304v ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 2x Sapphire HD7970 OC with Boost, 1150 MHz/1550... 2x4GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 840 Pro Samsung 750GB HD753LJ Samsung F3 ASUS 24X DVD Combo Drive 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua DH14 Windows 8 Professional x64 Crossover 27Q 27" IPS LED, 2560x1440 Logitech G11 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750 Cooler Master HAF932 Logitech G500 Custom 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty 2x Dayton B652 Bookshelf Dayton DTA-100A Amplifier Dayton 12" SUB-1200 Subwoofer 
  hide details  
Gaming Rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k, 4.6GHz, 1.304v ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 2x Sapphire HD7970 OC with Boost, 1150 MHz/1550... 2x4GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 840 Pro Samsung 750GB HD753LJ Samsung F3 ASUS 24X DVD Combo Drive 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua DH14 Windows 8 Professional x64 Crossover 27Q 27" IPS LED, 2560x1440 Logitech G11 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750 Cooler Master HAF932 Logitech G500 Custom 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty 2x Dayton B652 Bookshelf Dayton DTA-100A Amplifier Dayton 12" SUB-1200 Subwoofer 
  hide details  
post #60 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
And your a troll who constantly attacks others who are trying to make valid points. I don't think the world revolves around me, my arguments are not "ridiculous, futile, and childish" it is only you who are.
Nice try at a flamebait there, but it's not working. You asked if it's fair for EA to punish you. That is a fact. You said it yourself.

The truth is EA is not punishing YOU. YOU are irrelevant to EA. EA caters it's products to a large audience, not a single person. So yes, your arguments are invalid. Stop with the "woe is me." Either preorder it, or don't. You don't have to resort to trivial analogies that paint you as a victim.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [BFblog] Your questions on Physical Warfare Pack and Back to Karkand pre-order items