Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [BFblog] Your questions on Physical Warfare Pack and Back to Karkand pre-order items
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[BFblog] Your questions on Physical Warfare Pack and Back to Karkand pre-order items - Page 9  

post #81 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhati View Post
and there is no guarantee that it wont be available later. The term exclusive doesnt mean they cant or wont do it later. Halo was an xbox exclusive.

Hell the Acog on the g3 and m14 were removed from the game, and the devs made it seem like there wasnt a chance in hell of getting them back, and then magically much later, they put them back.
Absolutely correct. These items will very likely just be added as an unlock anyways. If people complain enough about flechette rounds/flash supressors unbalancing the gameplay, DICE will add them for everyone to use.
Gaming Rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k, 4.6GHz, 1.304v ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 2x Sapphire HD7970 OC with Boost, 1150 MHz/1550... 2x4GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 840 Pro Samsung 750GB HD753LJ Samsung F3 ASUS 24X DVD Combo Drive 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua DH14 Windows 8 Professional x64 Crossover 27Q 27" IPS LED, 2560x1440 Logitech G11 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750 Cooler Master HAF932 Logitech G500 Custom 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty 2x Dayton B652 Bookshelf Dayton DTA-100A Amplifier Dayton 12" SUB-1200 Subwoofer 
  hide details  
Gaming Rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k, 4.6GHz, 1.304v ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 2x Sapphire HD7970 OC with Boost, 1150 MHz/1550... 2x4GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 840 Pro Samsung 750GB HD753LJ Samsung F3 ASUS 24X DVD Combo Drive 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua DH14 Windows 8 Professional x64 Crossover 27Q 27" IPS LED, 2560x1440 Logitech G11 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750 Cooler Master HAF932 Logitech G500 Custom 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty 2x Dayton B652 Bookshelf Dayton DTA-100A Amplifier Dayton 12" SUB-1200 Subwoofer 
  hide details  
post #82 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhati View Post
and there is no guarantee that it wont be available later. The term exclusive doesnt mean they cant or wont do it later. Halo was an xbox exclusive.

Hell the Acog on the g3 and m14 were removed from the game, and the devs made it seem like there wasnt a chance in hell of getting them back, and then magically much later, they put them back.


I think that is a typo. I have seen multiple instances, including several developers at E3 say that XP and directX 9 is out.
I think people keep forgetting that the single reason for the pre-order bonuses has almost nothing to do with giving certain individuals "extras" and more to do with giving people a deal that they feel they cant refuse in order to get their money from them.

Thats all the pre-order bonus content is for.

Give people something they think will make them awesome for free, slap the term exclusive on it to make them think that its important to have that something and bang.

Its just marketing.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth Pyros View Post
Absolutely correct. These items will very likely just be added as an unlock anyways. If people complain enough about flechette rounds/flash supressors unbalancing the gameplay, DICE will add them for everyone to use.
People seem to be forgetting this too. The BC2 weapons were tweaked to hell and back, all based on feedback and the preservation of balance.

That was for a console game that got ported to PC.

This is the biggest game DICE will have released since god knows when in terms expectation, marketing and hopefully sales too.

Do people REALLY think that they would be so stupid as to give pre-order people such a significant and game breaking edge on one of the most anticipated games in the last few years?

What makes people think DICE want Battlefield 3 out of ALL games to flop in such a manner?
Edited by GrizzleBoy - 6/14/11 at 12:26pm
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
post #83 of 94
Ugh, this whole exclusive pre-order "DLC" debacle just threw BF3 into the bargain bin buy area for me. Gotta recoup my losses from having to buy the remainder of the game somehow.

Also, no matter what you say this "DLC" is really part of the main game. The fact that they've announced it months before the actual game release tells me that they have been already working on it. Hell, they might be done with it already.

All this pre-order exclusive business does is hurt people who are waiting to really see if the game is worth the $50 starting price. I'm not the type to blindly pull the trigger on a game at full price.
Edited by SchmoSalt - 6/14/11 at 1:47pm
Deimos (G4.P)
(18 items)
 
 
Arcturus (G4.S)
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5930K @ 4.3 Ghz ASUS X99 Deluxe II eVGA Titan X SC (1420/3900) 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4/2800 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Intel 750 400GB Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Samsung 850 Evo 1TB HEATKILLER IV PRO CPU Block 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
HEATKILLER IV XL GPU Block Windows 8.1 Pro Dell P2715Q Corsair K95 RGB 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair AX860i Silverstone Fortress 2 Silver eVGA TORQ X10 Carbon Denon AVR-S510BT 
AudioAudio
JBL Studio 530 Dayton SUB-120 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4670k @ 4.0 Ghz ASUS Z87-PRO eVGA Titan X SC (1435/4000) 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3/2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Evo 1TB Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-U14S Windows 8.1 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell P2415Q 24" 4K Display Corsair K90 RGB (MX Brown) SeaSonic M12II 850W SilverStone FT02S-W 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
eVGA Torq X10 Carbon eVGA Torq X10 Pad JBL Studio 530 Dayton SUB-120 12" Subwoofer 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Xeon D-1521 Supermicro X10SDV-4C-TLN2F 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4/2133 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung 850 Evo 1TB bequiet! Silent Wings 2 120mm Windows Server 2016 Datacenter Corsair SF450 
Case
Fractal Design Node 202 
  hide details  
Deimos (G4.P)
(18 items)
 
 
Arcturus (G4.S)
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5930K @ 4.3 Ghz ASUS X99 Deluxe II eVGA Titan X SC (1420/3900) 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4/2800 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Intel 750 400GB Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Samsung 850 Evo 1TB HEATKILLER IV PRO CPU Block 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
HEATKILLER IV XL GPU Block Windows 8.1 Pro Dell P2715Q Corsair K95 RGB 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair AX860i Silverstone Fortress 2 Silver eVGA TORQ X10 Carbon Denon AVR-S510BT 
AudioAudio
JBL Studio 530 Dayton SUB-120 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4670k @ 4.0 Ghz ASUS Z87-PRO eVGA Titan X SC (1435/4000) 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3/2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Evo 1TB Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-U14S Windows 8.1 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell P2415Q 24" 4K Display Corsair K90 RGB (MX Brown) SeaSonic M12II 850W SilverStone FT02S-W 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
eVGA Torq X10 Carbon eVGA Torq X10 Pad JBL Studio 530 Dayton SUB-120 12" Subwoofer 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Xeon D-1521 Supermicro X10SDV-4C-TLN2F 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4/2133 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung 850 Evo 1TB bequiet! Silent Wings 2 120mm Windows Server 2016 Datacenter Corsair SF450 
Case
Fractal Design Node 202 
  hide details  
post #84 of 94
To the guy that was complaining about money. I assume you live in america, you can have enough money for this game by working at mcdonalds or any other fast food restaurant for one day. I highly doubt that one day will kill you, and it would make the game that much sweeter because you worked at a crappy place just for it.

Bottom line money is money. Honestly never think you are above working at such places. If you are in need of money so bad you can't afford to eat or clothe yourself, then step it up grind it out and look for better opportunities. Bills are monthly you will run out of money.


**Back on topic, I just hope these exclusive items will become available for everyone 6-9 months after release. If not so be it, there are probably better unlocks in the game anyhow
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k @ 4.5 HT 1.35v ASUS P8Z77-WS PNY 970 SLI 1440/4001 + 670 Physx G-Skil RipJaw 2x16GB 1866 OC 2000mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x128 Cruical M4 SSD RAID 0 - 2x1TB WD Blues RA... Dvd-Rw Custom Water Loop Win 8.1 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS Rog Swift + 2 Dell U2414h 24" Corsair K70 Xcilio 1000watt Corsair Air 540 with Koolance ERM 2K3U  
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech g400 Steelseries QcK Custom built 4.1; 2x BIC DV62si, 2x BIC DV32B; ... 
  hide details  
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k @ 4.5 HT 1.35v ASUS P8Z77-WS PNY 970 SLI 1440/4001 + 670 Physx G-Skil RipJaw 2x16GB 1866 OC 2000mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x128 Cruical M4 SSD RAID 0 - 2x1TB WD Blues RA... Dvd-Rw Custom Water Loop Win 8.1 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS Rog Swift + 2 Dell U2414h 24" Corsair K70 Xcilio 1000watt Corsair Air 540 with Koolance ERM 2K3U  
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech g400 Steelseries QcK Custom built 4.1; 2x BIC DV62si, 2x BIC DV32B; ... 
  hide details  
post #85 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchmoSalt View Post
Ugh, this whole exclusive pre-order "DLC" debacle just threw BF3 into the bargain bin buy area for me. Gotta recoup my losses from having to buy the remainder of the game somehow.

Also, no matter what you say this "DLC" is really part of the main game. The fact that they've announced it months before the actual game release tells me that they have been already working on it. Hell, they might be done with it already.

All this pre-order exclusive business does is hurt people who are waiting to really see if the game is worth the $50 starting price. I'm not the type to blindly pull the trigger on a game at full price.
Step 1: Read previews

Step 2: Talk to people who have or will have played the game at various events it will be showcased at

Step 3: Play beta/read the essays of Battlefield fanboys who will have played a beta/watch video gameplay of guys playing a beta

Step 4:? (I'm hoping some kind of logical thinking will occur at this stage)

Step 5: Profit?


BF3 is not a game that will be in the dark to anyone between now and its release date.

Watch some videos. Read some previews.

If it doesn't seem like the Battlefield experience you wanted, dont pre-order.

If it looks/sounds like what you wanted out of the new Battlefield game, then you can be confident with your pre-order.
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
post #86 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhati View Post
exclusive now doesnt mean it will always be exclusive either.

Remember G3 and m14 acog scopes. It took nearly a year before they released them. damn devs hoarded them to themselves.

I see nothing wrong with providing exclusive preorder content, but i can also guarantee EA will eventually release them for money, but perhaps much later.

If you cant afford a preorder. Starting today, if you save $3 each week up til release, you will have saved enough to preorder the day before release, and still get all the content.

exclusive preorder content is the norm anymore anyhow. Tons of games do it. Dawn of war 2 has provided skins and items for various retailers, transformers, Fallout new vegas, and dozens more. The huge thing is they are labeled exclusive, and that you wont be able to get them anywhere else, then several months later, you can.


What shouldnt be happening is people acting like children, unless you are one. Stomping your feet and throwing a fit isnt the way to get the content. The preorder will be available to everyone, and its far enough in advance to pick it up, if the extra few things really mean that much to you. Dont act like a child though, adults understand that sometimes they cant have everything, or they know what they have to do to get what they want. Perhaps throwing a fit is just easier.
God are you still at it lecturing people on how to spend their money and insisting it's extremely easy to do everything your way?

The only person acting like a child on the forums is you. You're the one throwing a fit because people are boycotting. It's painfully obvious to everyone (judging by the number of PM's I've had ). Adults know not to assume details about people and adults know not to lecture others. Teenagers act the way you are, not adults.

I'll say it again, but this time publically instead of over PM, but stop assuming everyone is in your exact position. If the planned boycott worked and EA relented and decided to do the best thing they can, given the situation, and allowed the kits and disputed items to be unlocked normally thorugh level progression, whilst still offering the preorder incentive to "core fans" then this wont affect you at all, as you very clearly plan to preorder the game. Given that, you should get off your high horse and stop giving everyone a hard time over the boycott and their personal and individual reasons for agreeing or disagreeing with it.

^ THAT would be the adult thing to do. The childish thing would be to piss and moan and attack anyone who disagrees with you.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500 @ 4,004GHz (1.202v) Asus P8P67-PRO B3 Leadtek GTX260 65nm 896MB 700|1430|1100 4GB DDR3 Muskin 1686MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2xWD CB 250GB, 2x SG 320GB, 1xSS F1 1TB Pioneer DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64bit Samsung 2032BW 20" 1680x1050 16:10 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa CoolerMaster GX 550W Coolermaster Storm Sniper Razer DeathAdder 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500 @ 4,004GHz (1.202v) Asus P8P67-PRO B3 Leadtek GTX260 65nm 896MB 700|1430|1100 4GB DDR3 Muskin 1686MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2xWD CB 250GB, 2x SG 320GB, 1xSS F1 1TB Pioneer DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64bit Samsung 2032BW 20" 1680x1050 16:10 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa CoolerMaster GX 550W Coolermaster Storm Sniper Razer DeathAdder 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
post #87 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth Pyros View Post
Absolutely correct. These items will very likely just be added as an unlock anyways. If people complain enough about flechette rounds/flash supressors unbalancing the gameplay, DICE will add them for everyone to use.
If they do that, awesome. I'm happy. I have every bit of faith in DICE and their ability to twist the filthy arm of EA
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500 @ 4,004GHz (1.202v) Asus P8P67-PRO B3 Leadtek GTX260 65nm 896MB 700|1430|1100 4GB DDR3 Muskin 1686MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2xWD CB 250GB, 2x SG 320GB, 1xSS F1 1TB Pioneer DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64bit Samsung 2032BW 20" 1680x1050 16:10 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa CoolerMaster GX 550W Coolermaster Storm Sniper Razer DeathAdder 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500 @ 4,004GHz (1.202v) Asus P8P67-PRO B3 Leadtek GTX260 65nm 896MB 700|1430|1100 4GB DDR3 Muskin 1686MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2xWD CB 250GB, 2x SG 320GB, 1xSS F1 1TB Pioneer DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64bit Samsung 2032BW 20" 1680x1050 16:10 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa CoolerMaster GX 550W Coolermaster Storm Sniper Razer DeathAdder 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
post #88 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
God are you still at it lecturing people on how to spend their money and insisting it's extremely easy to do everything your way?

The only person acting like a child on the forums is you. You're the one throwing a fit because people are boycotting. It's painfully obvious to everyone (judging by the number of PM's I've had ). Adults know not to assume details about people and adults know not to lecture others. Teenagers act the way you are, not adults.

I'll say it again, but this time publically instead of over PM, but stop assuming everyone is in your exact position. If the planned boycott worked and EA relented and decided to do the best thing they can, given the situation, and allowed the kits and disputed items to be unlocked normally thorugh level progression, whilst still offering the preorder incentive to "core fans" then this wont affect you at all, as you very clearly plan to preorder the game. Given that, you should get off your high horse and stop giving everyone a hard time over the boycott and their personal and individual reasons for agreeing or disagreeing with it.

^ THAT would be the adult thing to do. The childish thing would be to piss and moan and attack anyone who disagrees with you.


You completely ignored his actual argument and just attacked his character (defined as ad-hominem), yet you're attempting to take the high ground and at the same time attempting to come across as a person who knows how to conduct a discussion as an adult.

He was replying to someone who said the reason they disagreed with the bonus content was because they couldn't pre-order "right now".

He offered a way that it could be possible for him to be able to afford it. He tried to HELP the guy find a way round his problem as opposed to telling another entity to change to cater to his problem, which is far more unrealistic and a worse way to think in general.

He referenced other games that advertise "exclusive" content that wont be made available anywhere else, that eventually ends up everywhere else as evidence to show that exclusive content doesn't necessarily mean forever.

GTAIV DLC was exclusive, till it wasnt exclusive. The ACOG and Red Dot for the M14 and G3 in BC2 was never going to be available, till it became available.

He made points and backed them up with sensible reasoning.

You basically just said "you are wrong and you are this and you are that" and did pretty much nothing more than attempt to defame his character when he was attempting to show the guy a way he could possibly achieve his goal of getting the content he wants if the boycott does not work as intended.

To make it worse and to once again show your hypocritical nature, you attempt to be this guy who defends the sanctity of personal opinion when others disagree with the boycott, yet attempt to shoot down anyone with a different opinion to the point where you tell them that their opinion on the boycott doesn't even matter because it doesn't align with your opinion on the boycott.

Essentially telling people to stop talking to others about the boycott if they disagree with it.

You're basically saying:

"You're buying the game anyway, why are you bothering to voice and discuss your opinion on it?."

You want to hear opinions, but only one side.

That is childish behaviour.

To delve even deeper into your super hypocritical posting, you yourself said that you dont even plan to purchase BF3.

Yet you constantly tell people who DO plan to purchase it that their opinion about their chosen method of purchasing the game is irrelevant and that they have no need to discuss it because their opinion is not aligned with those supporting the boycott.

If you dont agree with the boycott, then dont discuss it with those who do is what you are saying. You only want to hear/see what you want to hear/see.

That is childish behaviour.

You are a prime example of the very childish behaviour he was discussing, yet you cant see it behind your own hypocrisy and childishness.
Edited by GrizzleBoy - 6/14/11 at 3:40pm
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
post #89 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchmoSalt View Post
Ugh, this whole exclusive pre-order "DLC" debacle just threw BF3 into the bargain bin buy area for me. Gotta recoup my losses from having to buy the remainder of the game somehow.

Also, no matter what you say this "DLC" is really part of the main game. The fact that they've announced it months before the actual game release tells me that they have been already working on it. Hell, they might be done with it already.

All this pre-order exclusive business does is hurt people who are waiting to really see if the game is worth the $50 starting price. I'm not the type to blindly pull the trigger on a game at full price.
The beta will be out before the pre-order ends. So you will get to taste the game and decide.
Current build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q9950 stock asus p5n-d 5870 4 gb ocz 
OS
windows 7 
  hide details  
Current build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q9950 stock asus p5n-d 5870 4 gb ocz 
OS
windows 7 
  hide details  
post #90 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzleBoy View Post


You completely ignored his actual argument and just attacked his character (defined as ad-hominem), yet you're attempting to take the high ground and at the same time attempting to come across as a person who knows how to conduct a discussion as an adult.

He was replying to someone who said the reason they disagreed with the bonus content was because they couldn't pre-order "right now".

He offered a way that it could be possible for him to be able to afford it. He tried to HELP the guy find a way round his problem as opposed to telling another entity to change to cater to his problem, which is far more unrealistic and a worse way to think in general.

He referenced other games that advertise "exclusive" content that wont be made available anywhere else, that eventually ends up everywhere else as evidence to show that exclusive content doesn't necessarily mean forever.

GTAIV DLC was exclusive, till it wasnt exclusive. The ACOG and Red Dot for the M14 and G3 in BC2 was never going to be available, till it became available.

He made points and backed them up with sensible reasoning.

You basically just said "you are wrong and you are this and you are that" and did pretty much nothing more than attempt to defame his character when he was attempting to show the guy a way he could possibly achieve his goal of getting the content he wants if the boycott does not work as intended.

To make it worse and to once again show your hypocritical nature, you attempt to be this guy who defends the sanctity of personal opinion when others disagree with the boycott, yet attempt to shoot down anyone with a different opinion to the point where you tell them that their opinion on the boycott doesn't even matter because it doesn't align with your opinion on the boycott.

Essentially telling people to stop talking to others about the boycott if they disagree with it.

You're basically saying:

"You're buying the game anyway, why are you bothering to voice and discuss your opinion on it?."

You want to hear opinions, but only one side.

That is childish behaviour.

To delve even deeper into your super hypocritical posting, you yourself said that you dont even plan to purchase BF3.

Yet you constantly tell people who DO plan to purchase it that their opinion about their chosen method of purchasing the game is irrelevant and that they have no need to discuss it because their opinion is not aligned with those supporting the boycott.

If you dont agree with the boycott, then dont discuss it with those who do is what you are saying. You only want to hear/see what you want to hear/see.

That is childish behaviour.

You are a prime example of the very childish behaviour he was discussing, yet you cant see it behind your own hypocrisy and childishness.
What a pile, mate. None of that is true to me at all. All I'm getting at is attacking the boycott members like he was doing exemplified exactly the childish behaviour he was accusing them of.

There's a difference between discussing and insulting.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500 @ 4,004GHz (1.202v) Asus P8P67-PRO B3 Leadtek GTX260 65nm 896MB 700|1430|1100 4GB DDR3 Muskin 1686MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2xWD CB 250GB, 2x SG 320GB, 1xSS F1 1TB Pioneer DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64bit Samsung 2032BW 20" 1680x1050 16:10 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa CoolerMaster GX 550W Coolermaster Storm Sniper Razer DeathAdder 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500 @ 4,004GHz (1.202v) Asus P8P67-PRO B3 Leadtek GTX260 65nm 896MB 700|1430|1100 4GB DDR3 Muskin 1686MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2xWD CB 250GB, 2x SG 320GB, 1xSS F1 1TB Pioneer DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64bit Samsung 2032BW 20" 1680x1050 16:10 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa CoolerMaster GX 550W Coolermaster Storm Sniper Razer DeathAdder 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [BFblog] Your questions on Physical Warfare Pack and Back to Karkand pre-order items