Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD - General › Upgrade for cpu & gpu
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Upgrade for cpu & gpu - Page 2

post #11 of 21
Thread Starter 
oh yeah, i noticed few min later that they support am3+, thats cool

so i think i have decided i guess
gpu http://www.alza.sk/sapphire-hd-6870-d226023.htm
mobo http://www.alza.sk/gigabyte-990xa-ud3-d241215.htm
cpu http://www.alza.sk/amd-phenom-ii-x4-...on-d186470.htm
ram http://www.alza.sk/kingston-4gb-kit-...mp-d149189.htm

i will buy gpu now, and i think i will have those 272€ during the summer, maybe in a month
k thanks!
Warlord
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320 ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 MSI R9 390 GAMING 8G Corsair Venegeance 2x4GB DDR3 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 128GB WD Caviar Green 2TB Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ G2420HDB 24" A4TECH X7 G800V Corsair RM650i Phanteks Eclipse P400S Tempered 
MouseAudio
A4TECH Bloody V8M HyperX Cloud 
  hide details  
Reply
Warlord
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320 ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 MSI R9 390 GAMING 8G Corsair Venegeance 2x4GB DDR3 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 128GB WD Caviar Green 2TB Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ G2420HDB 24" A4TECH X7 G800V Corsair RM650i Phanteks Eclipse P400S Tempered 
MouseAudio
A4TECH Bloody V8M HyperX Cloud 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amhro View Post
oh yeah, i noticed few min later that they support am3+, thats cool

so i think i have decided i guess
gpu http://www.alza.sk/sapphire-hd-6870-d226023.htm
mobo http://www.alza.sk/gigabyte-990xa-ud3-d241215.htm
cpu http://www.alza.sk/amd-phenom-ii-x4-...on-d186470.htm
ram http://www.alza.sk/kingston-4gb-kit-...mp-d149189.htm

i will buy gpu now, and i think i will have those 272€ during the summer, maybe in a month
k thanks!
hehe, if you can get the the money in a month time, then i guess getting the gpu now isn't too bad an idea, but if you don't see a great deal of performance increase from your current 4850 512mb right away, don't worry. like i said, it will be your cpu that's limiting the performance. once you've done the whole upgrade, you should see a much bigger overall performance jump

as for ram, i'd recommend you go with those, same price as the kingston one you chose, but with lower latency 8-8-8-24 vs 9-9-9-27. corsair are well known for their memory modules, although this kit only has 5 years warranty with alza.sk, but there is actually a lifetime warranty with corsair, so i'd say your money is pretty safe!

neni zac
post #13 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by erik257 View Post
hehe, if you can get the the money in a month time, then i guess getting the gpu now isn't too bad an idea, but if you don't see a great deal of performance increase from your current 4850 512mb right away, don't worry. like i said, it will be your cpu that's limiting the performance. once you've done the whole upgrade, you should see a much bigger overall performance jump

as for ram, i'd recommend you go with those, same price as the kingston one you chose, but with lower latency 8-8-8-24 vs 9-9-9-27. corsair are well known for their memory modules, although this kit only has 5 years warranty with alza.sk, but there is actually a lifetime warranty with corsair, so i'd say your money is pretty safe!

neni zac
kingston was first which i found, but corsair looks fine, also at decent price
i already cant wait to get it all
Warlord
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320 ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 MSI R9 390 GAMING 8G Corsair Venegeance 2x4GB DDR3 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 128GB WD Caviar Green 2TB Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ G2420HDB 24" A4TECH X7 G800V Corsair RM650i Phanteks Eclipse P400S Tempered 
MouseAudio
A4TECH Bloody V8M HyperX Cloud 
  hide details  
Reply
Warlord
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320 ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 MSI R9 390 GAMING 8G Corsair Venegeance 2x4GB DDR3 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 128GB WD Caviar Green 2TB Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ G2420HDB 24" A4TECH X7 G800V Corsair RM650i Phanteks Eclipse P400S Tempered 
MouseAudio
A4TECH Bloody V8M HyperX Cloud 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amhro View Post
kingston was first which i found, but corsair looks fine, also at decent price
i already cant wait to get it all
yeah, i know how you feel man, it must be pretty exciting...

however...don't want to disappoint you, but i just realised your power supply won't be able to handle all your new components, just to accommodate the new graphics card? maybe. so you really have to think about upgrading your power unit too, it is very important.

a decent 500w unit should cover your new build just fine, a 600w unit would be a little bit more future proof, in case you want to buy another 6870 later on to run crossfire. i've got a couple of units for you, again corsair, their power units are just as well known as their rams. [500w] [600w]

for 6.5 euros more, you might as well just get the 600w unit
post #15 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by erik257 View Post
yeah, i know how you feel man, it must be pretty exciting...

however...don't want to disappoint you, but i just realised your power supply won't be able to handle all your new components, just to accommodate the new graphics card? maybe. so you really have to think about upgrading your power unit too, it is very important.

a decent 500w unit should cover your new build just fine, a 600w unit would be a little bit more future proof, in case you want to buy another 6870 later on to run crossfire. i've got a couple of units for you, again corsair, their power units are just as well known as their rams. [500w] [600w]

for 6.5 euros more, you might as well just get the 600w unit
yeah i know, i wrote in first post that getting new power supply is not a problem, i have corsair tx650w in my second pc, so i will just change them
uhm well, can i do it or do i need a professional to do it? honestly i have no idea how to do it
Warlord
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320 ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 MSI R9 390 GAMING 8G Corsair Venegeance 2x4GB DDR3 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 128GB WD Caviar Green 2TB Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ G2420HDB 24" A4TECH X7 G800V Corsair RM650i Phanteks Eclipse P400S Tempered 
MouseAudio
A4TECH Bloody V8M HyperX Cloud 
  hide details  
Reply
Warlord
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320 ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 MSI R9 390 GAMING 8G Corsair Venegeance 2x4GB DDR3 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 128GB WD Caviar Green 2TB Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ G2420HDB 24" A4TECH X7 G800V Corsair RM650i Phanteks Eclipse P400S Tempered 
MouseAudio
A4TECH Bloody V8M HyperX Cloud 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amhro View Post
yeah i know, i wrote in first post that getting new power supply is not a problem, i have corsair tx650w in my second pc, so i will just change them
uhm well, can i do it or do i need a professional to do it? honestly i have no idea how to do it
Swapping a PSU is simple, just unplug everything and remove it and plug everything into the new one, beside that's how you learn by doing it. Are you going to be building the new system yourself?
Eclipse
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 4790K ASRock Z97 Extreme4 Sapphire Radeon RX480 Nitro OC 32GB Gskill 2133 DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB Toshiba P300 1TB 7200RPM WD Blue 3TB Samsung Dual Layer DVD-RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Hyper 212+ Push Pull Windows 7 Ultimate X64 Samsung 23" 1080P MS Wireless Keyboard 4000 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX 650W Rosewill Blackhawk MS Wireless Laser Mouse 5000 Steel Series 
  hide details  
Reply
Eclipse
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 4790K ASRock Z97 Extreme4 Sapphire Radeon RX480 Nitro OC 32GB Gskill 2133 DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB Toshiba P300 1TB 7200RPM WD Blue 3TB Samsung Dual Layer DVD-RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Hyper 212+ Push Pull Windows 7 Ultimate X64 Samsung 23" 1080P MS Wireless Keyboard 4000 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX 650W Rosewill Blackhawk MS Wireless Laser Mouse 5000 Steel Series 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relevant Wing View Post
Swapping a PSU is simple, just unplug everything and remove it and plug everything into the new one, beside that's how you learn by doing it. Are you going to be building the new system yourself?
well, im planning to do so
but if im not able to do it, i will call a guy i know, which does stuff like that, so he would help me
Warlord
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320 ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 MSI R9 390 GAMING 8G Corsair Venegeance 2x4GB DDR3 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 128GB WD Caviar Green 2TB Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ G2420HDB 24" A4TECH X7 G800V Corsair RM650i Phanteks Eclipse P400S Tempered 
MouseAudio
A4TECH Bloody V8M HyperX Cloud 
  hide details  
Reply
Warlord
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320 ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 MSI R9 390 GAMING 8G Corsair Venegeance 2x4GB DDR3 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 128GB WD Caviar Green 2TB Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ G2420HDB 24" A4TECH X7 G800V Corsair RM650i Phanteks Eclipse P400S Tempered 
MouseAudio
A4TECH Bloody V8M HyperX Cloud 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amhro View Post
yeah i know, i wrote in first post that getting new power supply is not a problem, i have corsair tx650w in my second pc, so i will just change them
uhm well, can i do it or do i need a professional to do it? honestly i have no idea how to do it
oh, the tx650 is a gem, swap for that!

as with swapping the power units, it's not rocket science, you'll be fine. should be fun if it's your first time too, enjoy
post #19 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by erik257 View Post
in about 3 months bulldozer will be out (well, if amd actually stick to their schedule for once), if you think your current setup can last you till then, i guess you should wait. if bulldozer does well vs intel, get that, if not, get a amd x6 instead, they will be pretty cheap by the time bulldozer comes out, that's if you insist on staying with the red team.

as for gpu, depends on budget, 6850, 6870 are not bad for their price. 6950 and 6970 a bit more expensive but can play pretty much anything at the moment.
"Fly, fly away my 1090t value....."

Just joking. Really I would get a Phenom II 965 BE CPU and a semi budget card like the ATI Radeon 6850. You just have to make sure your system is up to the job. PSU, RAM, so on..
post #20 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amhro View Post
well, im planning to do so
but if im not able to do it, i will call a guy i know, which does stuff like that, so he would help me
I talked a friend through the same process on msn, Pretty much unplug the 24 pin, 4 pin, gpu, and all the molex connectors. Then plug them back in with the new PSU. It's really that easy.
Simplicity
(16 items)
 
#2 PC
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k MSI Gaming Z170A EVGA GTX 980 Classified Crucial Ballistix Tactical (2 x 8GB) DDR4 2666 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Pro 950 Cryorig H7 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 CrossOver 2560x1440 IPS 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill Capstone 550-M Phanteks Enthoo Pro RAZER Abyssus Mirror Special Edition XTRAC Ripper 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Asus Xonar Essence STX Dayton Audio B652 Lepai Tripath Class-T Hi-Fi Audio Mini Amplifier 8 Inch 60-Watt Powered Subwoofer 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel q9300 Intel DP45SG MSI TFII GTX 660 Corsair Dominator 1333 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair Force 3 90gb Deepcool Gammaxx 300 Windows 7 Samsung SyncMaster 932bw 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dell Rosewill Lightning 800w CM Stryker Dell 
  hide details  
Reply
Simplicity
(16 items)
 
#2 PC
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k MSI Gaming Z170A EVGA GTX 980 Classified Crucial Ballistix Tactical (2 x 8GB) DDR4 2666 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Pro 950 Cryorig H7 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 CrossOver 2560x1440 IPS 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill Capstone 550-M Phanteks Enthoo Pro RAZER Abyssus Mirror Special Edition XTRAC Ripper 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Asus Xonar Essence STX Dayton Audio B652 Lepai Tripath Class-T Hi-Fi Audio Mini Amplifier 8 Inch 60-Watt Powered Subwoofer 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel q9300 Intel DP45SG MSI TFII GTX 660 Corsair Dominator 1333 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair Force 3 90gb Deepcool Gammaxx 300 Windows 7 Samsung SyncMaster 932bw 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dell Rosewill Lightning 800w CM Stryker Dell 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD - General
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD - General › Upgrade for cpu & gpu